Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You better not give me another useless item! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I want the house at O/P 21-22.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Howdy Neighborino!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

Hello friends! As an innocent non-scum townie, I would like to greet you all. My fellow innocent non-scum townies.

Suspicious.

##vote SSV

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Nice slip scumbo.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I hope there's a crocodile in it

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

My house is bigger and is waterfront property. Don't speak to me peasant!

Rude. We are all in the slum here!

##vote Asiina

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Don't you mean Lady of the slums?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Have you even heard of the Broken Eggshell theory? You're lowering the property value for all of us!

Hey BK, should we clean up these streets together?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

nah man go ahead, I have this burger king schtick I have to keep running (into the ground)

Scum found. Cleaning up the streets means finding scum and BK doesn't want to do it.

##unvote
##vote BK

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I remembered in that last post that I am in an Ecco game and need to unvote. Hope you don't hold the vote for Asiina against me Ecco since we are still in joke phase.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

oh I thought it was going to involve a mop and I'm not going near a mop. Not since the accident.

I hope it didn't somehow trip you and cause you to fall into a fryer! :ohdear:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is it. this is the awkward scum post i've been waiting for.

##vote tmm

It's not the first time you've been wrong and doubtlessly not the last time either.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

oh man is mafia really this easy

It's always amusing when someone takes a completely honest statement and twists it to suit their needs.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Yeah, no.

I thought you were going for some sort of interaction to learn more last night but if that's really your whole thing, nah.

He couldn't have been trying for interaction because when I responded his only reply is to say that mafia is easy and he doesn't even try to engage me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

TMM responded in a v. prickly way, and called me scum in a roundabout way without voting (or actually explicitly doing it!). I don't feel bad about my vote.

Except I did no such thing, so you are seeing what you want to see. My first reply was:

TMMadman posted:

It's not the first time you've been wrong and doubtlessly not the last time either.

There's no implication of an alignment call, I'm simply saying that you're wrong. Wrong doesn't mean scum.

My second reply was:

TMMadman posted:

It's always amusing when someone takes a completely honest statement and twists it to suit their needs.

Again, there is no implication of alignment. You may be town or you may be scum, but either way you're taking a completely honest statement and twisting it to suit your needs. Town twist honest statements just as often as scum.

However, right now I'm bothered that you seem so concerned that people don't see you as scum. First you ask LJ to ignore meta and make another read on you which just feels off to me. Then you make sure that BK thinks your wrong and not scum.

You're not asking them to clarify positions, you're strictly concerned with yourself.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Power of Pecota posted:

Well it depends on what's setting that agenda. If it's like D4 and you're town trying to draw connections with flipped scum, yeah you have to twist things to fit the "x and y are scum together" narrative to see what the best match is in that situation. That's not relevant here because PM was voting based off of a single data point in jokephase. Why would you need to twist anything as town there?

So you've never made a bad faith argument on D1/D2 against someone you think is town in order to try and catch scum jumping on that bad case?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Power of Pecota posted:

No, I don't make bad faith cases as town.

So you've never seen it done either?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Wait. So you actually think PMom set this whole thing up to be a trap sprung? And you're using that as a defense?

No I'm just pointing out that PMom and PoP are holding an intellectually dishonest position by saying that town never has a reason to twist a statement to their needs.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

a worthy uhh posted:

This is terrible reasoning in a response in defense of a third player. I don't like it one bit.

##unvote

##vote TMM

This vote may actually fall under Madman's Law.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Someday it's going to get put to the test in a game and I will be ecstatic when it hits scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

it's d1 do it now and then we can all lynch you out of spite tomorrow.

Is this a slip? How do you know uhh isn't scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Madman's Law is kind of a joke and kind of the truth. The premise is that at some point I, Madman, will start an argument (good or bad doesn't matter) and the second person to vote for me is scum.

It's never been tested in a game, but it's record is almost perfect. It's now become something of a joke and that amuses me

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
First since we are clearly out of joke phase, I'll start with ##unvote

I would like to see some actual opinions from TNL, merk and SSV. For all the poo poo Grandicap is getting for a "low content scum post", we are letting those other three fly under the radar without providing any sort of content and all of them have a couple of little snipes/poo poo stirring posts in the middle of this whole Grandicap debacle. Also, ANarc has barely said a word and I'd like some opinions from her as well. So any of you four, aside from Kash/Grandicap, who else do you think might be scum? Asiina isn't much better and while I don't agree with her Kash vote right now, at least it has a valid reason behind it, so I lean town for her right now but I'd still like to see more opinions.

I'm not sure what to make of Kashuno right now. I just saw him pull this act in another game and be right, but it felt weird there and it still feels weird here. While I do think his reactions are more likely from town Kash, I'm not sure if his conclusion is right this time on Grandicap.

As for Grandicap, I'm just not seeing whatever else is seeing. However, since we are in agreement about some things, that might be clouding the issue and I could very well be wrong. I would vote him to avoid a no lynch over Kash, but I don't think either Kash or Grandicap is the right vote today.

I'm still suspicious of both PMom and PoP. I will say that I almost always find PMom scummy at the start of a game, even when he turns up town, so I constantly have to fight against that in order to be objective. I will say that between the two, I think PoP would be more likely to be scum right now. Unless something drastic changes my mind, I would vote for either of them but PoP first.

Right now though, LJ and Uhh are pinging me the hardest. I don't like uhhs reaction to the whole Madman's Law thing. I thought I made it clear that it was pretty much a joke and it's never actually been tested in a game, so I feel it should have just been ignored but instead it draws this reaction:

a worthy uhh posted:

This is beyond stupid, in a real life non-game sense, statistically and logically.

Plus he stated I made a good scum slip catch on Kash and has started attacking him. So uhh, if you really think that is a scum slip, do you think I am still scum and busing a teammate? Then he calls out BK for making a scum post in the very same style as Kash did on Grandi. I would definitely be willing to vote for him today.

However, what I really don't like is LJ coming in with a strange series of posts. I know it's kind of her style, but I don't really like the whiplash feeling it gives me. She starts out by saying he vote on Kash is real, but then immediately moves it BK using the same post that uhh quoted:

BottleKnight posted:

I can definitely see Grandi scum. Would vote.

I see nothing wrong with that post. He clearly states his opinion and a willingness to vote. Just because he doesn't add his vote, doesn't automatically make him scum. Sure, if it came down to the wire and BK ended up not voting Grandi, then you could hold his feet to the fire. But without that it really just feels like a push to get BK to vote badly. Especially since LJ has already called Grandi town. So LJ, if you think Grandi is town, shouldn't you be trying to talk people out of voting for him? Her vote on BK also feels like she looked at the vote list and wanted to make sure that there were lots of viable candidates for a lynch, but didn't realize that my vote was still a joke vote, especially since she the only thing she has said about BK to that point is a thumbsdown at the post quoted above.

I do not like it, so I'm going to ##vote ljtrigirl

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

oh my god do you do this every game, why would anyone want to read all of this

Are you serious? It's my current read on every person in the game. Isn't that what this game is about? I may be right or I may be wrong, but I am putting forth my opinions for everyone to judge. It shouldn't take more than two minutes to read that post.

Moving on:

ljtrigirl posted:

Dude, seriously? A paragraph calling out UTRs on D0.5?

Yes, I am absolutely calling out lurkers this early. Lurking has been a major problem in games lately and everyones wonders how to deal with the issue. The solution to dealing with lurkers is to call them out early and often and force them to provide content and if they don't, then vote them out early. So I'm going to continually call out lurkers early in the game, especially when several of those people were around enough to be skimming through the thread during a pretty big conversation, but couldn't be bothered to give any sort of actual opinion and instead just sniped at it.

ljtrigirl posted:

This is like "I think Kash is scum no wait I don't." It does not at all feel like a genuine read on Kash. It feels like you're forcing content because you feel like you need to.

How are you reading that as"I think Kash is scum, no maybe I don't" when I am actually stating that I think Kash is town based on his reactions, but his conclusion that Grandi is scum is wrong. We've already established that being wrong does not equal being scum. Could he still be scum? Sure, it's possible, but I have more than enough doubt that I wouldn't vote him today.

ljtrigirl posted:

A) Don't say things you want ignored because people never ignore that poo poo.
B) I know that it's a thing here where people ask about these ridiculous interactions D1, but I don't like it. Just because I'm leaning scum on someone doesn't mean I'll ignore them if they raise what I think is a good point.
C) I don't get what you're trying to say with that last part.

I feel like I'm defending Uhh a lot here. I don't really have a read on him. I just think your points are bad.

A) I didn't say I wanted it to be ignored, I said that it's something that should be ignored because it's basically a joke and the fact that uhh has responded to it in that manner does not sit right with me.
B) What are you trying to say here? I've got no problem with uhh thinking I'm scum and not ignoring my question about a slip to Kash. What I'm asking is if uhh still believes that Kash made a slip and if he believes that I am scum busing Kash. It's trying to get him to clarify his position.
C) I just don't like that he is using the same tactic that Kash used to start attacking Grandi in order to attack BK while pressuring Kash. It just doesn't sit well with me, but I guess it's more of a gut thing.

How can you say my points about uhh are bad when you don't have a read on him?

ljtrigirl posted:

Dude. If you know it's my style, why are you a) trying to link it to alignment and b) trying to link it to evil when you've only seen me do it as good?

Dude. It's called timewarping.

Dude. I don't make any attempt to link your style to your alignment, I simply say it gives me a whiplash effect. It doesn't matter what it's called, I find the practice irritating because looks terrible and can be used to inflate a post count. I feel that if you have the time to make all those posts, then you have time to actually read the whole thread first and make an informed post instead of a series of rapidly shifting posts.

ljtrigirl posted:

I disagree. I think he saw a town on town conflict that was escalating and decided to encourage it to see how it would shake out before deciding whether or not to vote there. Posting things like "Yeah, I agree." can make town feel validated in their (wrong) opinions. I think it helped encourage Kash to tunnel further on what I believe is a bad case.

So you think he was encouraging Kash even though he was only interacting with Grandi though the entire thing? Don't you think he would have directed at least a few questions at Kash if he really wanted to escalate that conflict? If anything, I feel like you should be coming down on BK for basically ignoring Kash during the whole debate, but instead you claim he was encouraging Kash.

ljtrigirl posted:

A) I had no idea that you were voting BK.
B) I voted him for the exact reason that I said. Out of everything related to Kash/Garoshi, his response was the only real scummy one to anything that happened.
C) I don't understand the connection you are trying to make between me defending Garoshi and me voting BK.

A) So then you aren't reading the thread? My vote on BK and the very next post are basically what kicked this game out of jokephase.
B) You didn't actually have a reason when you voted. You filled that in after the vote by saying he was encouraging Kash.
C) I'm not trying to make a connection between you defending Grandi and you voting BK. I'm asking why you are encouraging BK to vote Grandi when you think Grandi is town.

And finally:

ljtrigirl posted:

I can't tell if I think you're scum after this or not. Leaning yes. You agree with my two main reads and say I'm playing my usual style but think I'm scum and try to vote me.

So if PMom and PoP are your two main reads, why are you voting for BK? Your style has nothing to do with your alignment, it's the content in that style that makes me think you're scum. Also, I didn't try to vote for you, I did vote for you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

This is you, in Pearl of Port Lourde, less than 24 hours after the game started, as scum:

I like how you are trying to hamfist in extra reasons to do something you often do to fake content. ##vote TMM

That has to be the weakest reason ever to vote someone. Everyone has been talking about lurkers ruining games. The easiest way to stop that from happening to consistently call out lurkers, so that is what I am going to do. It is not indicative of my alignment and when I flip that will be proved true.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

Okay. So that's why you're doing it this time, midway through D1. Why were you doing it last time, early on D1, as scum? Are you really saying there's this big difference?

I'm doing it and will always do it because lurkers suck the life out of a game. Town or scum, lurking is lame. Calling it out is not indicative of my alignment. If I feel there are too many people lurking early in a game, I am absolutely going to call it out regardless of my alignment if nobody else is already doing it.

There has been lots of discussion in the general thread about lurkers and no real consensus on how to deal with them. The easiest way to deal with it is to call them out regardless of your alignment and be willing to vote them out early. I've been somewhat hesitant to vote the lurkers early, but after X-COM II game and Asiina forcing a lurker scum lynch on D1 I have much less qualms about it.

Plus, as I said, several of those people were around enough to make a couple of snipes, but nobody put forth any sort of read. Meanwhile, we are hounding Grandi for a low content scum post, while letting several other low content posts slide by during the whole conversation.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

Early lurker pokes rub me the wrong way because D1 can be difficult to engage with. It's when people continue to lurk into late D1 and D2 that they prove to be a problem.

And we are late into D1 with under a day left to go.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Make the case for scum Pecota.

She (?) actually borders on the almost lurker like SSV and Asiina.

My main issue is that I feel she was being intellectually dishonest during the whole twisting statement debate. She has also said a lot of words, but so far her only vote is early on Grandi and then she has said a bunch of words without actually making any sort of reads.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I get it. You have this narrative for this game, and you're sticking to it. But you didn't have it last time, where you posted it largely as white noise. (A lot of people accused you of white noise early in that game.) So I don't buy this big guilt argument that lurkers are this big problem and that's why you're acting like the big hero here. You keep repeating it like that's what I have my issue with.

Then what is your issue here?

I'm not some big hero and don't think of myself as one. I think that as a community we should constantly be pressuring any lurkers to post more and that is the best solution to the lurking issue that has been dragging games down lately.

This game started on the 14th, so 2 days ago. This is the entirety of ANarc's posts since that point:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Man I hate being vt. Boring.

Asiina we are neighbors :)

Ooh I like this backstory

The last one was made over 24 hours ago. So how is that supposed to be helpful or productive to the game?

In fact, it stinks so much I'll just put my words into practice.

##unvote
##vote ANarc

I'm tired of lurkers, town or scum. So I'll vote the biggest lurker in the game right now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

My argument is that that is your narrative for this game. The whole our community is under siege thing. But you've done it before, to fake content, as scum. That wasn't your excuse then. So it is not alignment-neutral, you are doing this to force and pad your content, just like the last game. You are posting a whole lot of white noise, which is completely reminiscent of your scum game.

Well, then just like PMom you'd be wrong about me. Not the first time and doubtlessly not the last time. I'm not worried because my flip will prove it in time.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

Gut read here but I really don't like how Kashuno started out with just dropping in "this is a scum post" without giving reasoning for it. He made a rather tunnelly case on Grandicap which was entirely based on their difference of opinion on what is considered a case. I'm still not entirely convinced that the assumption that TMM is town is a slip, but upon rereading the thread I do get some ~vibes~ from him.

:siren: This is a scum post. :siren:

It's nothing but hedgy bullshit.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

A gut read with some backing is hedgy bullshit?

There is more than enough content to work with to do more than just post a ~gut~ read.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Grandicap posted:

Is this a case?

According to Kashuno, it can't be because I didn't put a vote down.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

a worthy uhh posted:

This post is fluffed up hard when really it could be condensed to "did not change his vote". I vote when I feel like voting, clearly there is no rush and I am not hiding or hedging my opinions.

Secondarily, I am going to restate, clarify, or further express myself when I am responded to, and debating a point does not somehow force me to be further down any specific avenue of thought.

"Scumslips" are very debatable, and based on the rest of your play so far has not warranted my vote. Or I'd be voting you.

RE: TMM, it seems that everyone TMM thinks is scum either disagreed or debated with him. That's just bad play and almost makes me think he's just town and bad at mafia

Except you haven't really posted any major opinions. The only stance or call you've made is that I'm scum and everything else has been a non opinion.

Second, you haven't bothered to respond to a question I've asked twice about the supposed scum slip. I'll ask it a third time: do you think that I'm still scum and that I'm bussing Kash? Or do you think that I'm still scum who is just trying to move the vote off me?

Finally, in your last paragraph you state that you think I may just be town, but still don't remove your vote from me. So you are hedging right in the very post I quoted, despite saying that you haven't been hedging. So again, am I scum or not?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I understand if you guys thing TMM being blustery is alignment-neutral but he is literally repeating his D1 from Pearl of Port Lourde, where he was scum.

Do you really think that I would play the same way as scum that I did the last time in an Ecco game? Do you have a read on me that isn't based on a single meta point?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

a worthy uhh posted:

Here's the secret you seem to fail to understand:

It is Day 1 and we are all guessing.

I can think two people are scummy independently despite interactions between them, and you can too, and that's okay. Not everything has to fit a predefined narrative. I don't have an agenda to paint anyone as any specific thing other than "acting scummy".

I have yet to find a better vote than you, so much like Kash, your vote policing is of no real value.

And I'm trying to get you to clarify those positions. Do you think I'm scum bussing Kash? Do you think I'm scum trying to remove the vote and jumping on something easy from Kash?

These aren't hard questions to answer, so why do you keep avoiding them?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

a worthy uhh posted:

I don't claim to have an opinion on your relationship or lack thereof with Kash. I'm not sure how else to explain that.

I don't know what you mean by "remove the vote".

And I'm asking you to clarify your opinion so that it's on the record. Why is it so hard to answer?

Also, why haven't you given any opinions on anyone besides me or Kash? There are 10 other people besides me and Kash. Do you not have a single solid opinion on any of them?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Wow I hate this post. uhh hasn't made any arguments linking our alignment and it's really bizarre you're taking it this way. In fact, his vote was on you before I started going in, so where does that idea even come from?

What is so hard to understand here?

The series of events: uhh calls me scum and votes for me, I point out a possible slip by you, uhh says it might be a good catch. So I'm asking him to clarify his position.

If he believes I'm scum then does he believe that I'm bussing you by calling out a slip? Or does he believe that I'm scum trying to redirect the vote away from me? He certainly doesn't think I'm town pointing out scum, so it's gotta be one of the other two.

Kash is there anyone you're NOT willing to vote for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

a worthy uhh posted:

I don't know what you are trying to bait me into saying or not saying but I'm done playing along. I've said what I wanted to say.

So don't even want to try putting your opinion out there about other people?

• Locked thread