Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hitto soikoon, mitä musaa. Vähän tekee mieli mennä joraa!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
a finn would never close finland thread. unlike those perfidious swedes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

LordArgh posted:

a finn would never close finland thread. unlike those perfidious swedes

I would close this thread if I could :mrgw:

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Asylum seekers boarding a flight from Finland to Iraq

Kissing the ground after arriving in Baghdad

We did it, we're officially the most repulsive country in the world

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Double Bill posted:

Did they take our jobs with them?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Double Bill posted:

:byewhore:

i hope that they spread the word

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
the danes could learn something from finland. if denmark was as horrible to live in they wouldn't have to commit the political faux pas of confiscating immigrants' property to make them leave

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

LordArgh posted:

the danes could learn something from finland. if denmark was as horrible to live in they wouldn't have to commit the political faux pas of confiscating immigrants' property to make them leave

yeah, and we didn't even melt their gold teeth to make swastika legos

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

But how can we stem the steady tide of immigrants from the North?

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

But how can we stem the steady tide of immigrants from the North?

make homosexuality even more mandatory

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dave Concepcion posted:

make homosexuality even more mandatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ScJBmEdQw

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
if i wanted to emigrate from the uk to finland, what would my experience be, and what jobs are in demand

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Bitter Mushroom posted:

if i wanted to emigrate from the uk to finland, what would my experience be, and what jobs are in demand

depends. what's you take on bogs?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Bitter Mushroom posted:

Software development, assuming you're better than the hordes of mostly unemployable former Nokia & Microsoft engineers

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Bitter Mushroom posted:

jobs available: immigrant, social worker for immigrants

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Bitter Mushroom posted:

because of the rampant nepotism, you'll need good contacts to get a decent job, even if you have a good degree and speak english

if i was a forriner who wanted to emigrate to finland, i'd come here to study a master's degree while they are still free and learn finnish and make contacts with finns and not hang around with only other expats

if i were an uklander or an usasian with a shitload of student debt, then i'd think again, because while degrees are free here and you won't get bankrupted for a knee injury, taxes are high for the working middle class

ofc you could just drink all day and let the nordic wellfare state pay for all of your bills and go yell at lazy brown people to go home

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 18, 2016

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
there's always jobs for taking care of the elderly

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I see so many Englishmen come here and never learn how to speak (either) language. I love it here as an immigrant, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Where I'm at, even educated multilingual Finns have a bitch of a time finding a job that's not become the new normal of short-term contract/poor job security/low pay (compared to previous Finnish expectations).

Rolling up in Helsinki and saying "I'm here now" would be a tough row to hoe.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Free Market Mambo posted:

I see so many Englishmen come here and never learn how to speak (either) language. I love it here as an immigrant, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Where I'm at, even educated multilingual Finns have a bitch of a time finding a job that's not become the new normal of short-term contract/poor job security/low pay (compared to previous Finnish expectations).

Rolling up in Helsinki and saying "I'm here now" would be a tough row to hoe.

None of the Indians I've know have listened to me when I've told them to learn the drat language. Now they are unemployed or driving a forklift in a warehouse with their M.Sc.Eng. degrees unused in their pockets. They've all stayed here though, because life is still so carefree here.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I pity the foreigner rolling up and asking for work without the twin benefits of knowing the language and white privilege.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
is it even possible to learn finnish unless you've been imprinted with it from the time you were a little bogling? there must be a reason why the language has no relation to any other language in eurasia and beyond

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's fun to listen to the young dudes at work speak Iraqian with some Finnish words seamlessly thrown in. Also they don't drink so they don't take as much sick leave.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
finnish is easier or harder to learn than russian?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Bitter Mushroom posted:

yeah

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Bitter Mushroom posted:

Depends.

Would you rather like to learn a bizarre alphabet that looks like Martian glyphs and makes your brain bleed because half of them look like our regular letters but really is a completely different letter...

...or learn a bizarre language with a horrible syntax that makes your brain bleed, but is really excellent for swearing, but only swearing?

Search your heart, Mushroom. Within it thou shall find thy answer!

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

autoaim.cfg posted:

Depends.

Would you rather like to learn a bizarre alphabet that looks like Martian glyphs and makes your brain bleed because half of them look like our regular letters but really is a completely different letter...

...or learn a bizarre language with a horrible syntax that makes your brain bleed, but is really excellent for swearing, but only swearing?

they both are excellent for being a foulmouthed drunk who's just looking for an excuse to kick someone's rear end

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

autoaim.cfg posted:

Depends.

Wait so which one is which?

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Mange Mite posted:

Wait so which one is which?

The glorious Moomin people of the north write with real letters.

The borscht slurping taiga dwellers in the east write with John Carter of Mars letters.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i have moomin themed coffee cups they're p good

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
It's my birthday and all of my guests were able to have a unique Moomin coffee cup.
Consumerism with Finnish characteristics.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I love Moomin. Deffo one of the better things come out of Swedish lit.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Deffo one of the better things come out of Swedish lit.

shots fired itt

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have entered the sauna. Is it bad to bring your cell in here? Who cares 😎😎

There is an abundantly finnish man in here too

I didnt actually see him in the gym at all. Did he come just for the sauna? Has he been here the whole time? Is he actually just a finnish spirit haunting this sauna? He keeps looking at me

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

I have entered the sauna. Is it bad to bring your cell in here? Who cares 😎😎

There is an abundantly finnish man in here too

I didnt actually see him in the gym at all. Did he come just for the sauna? Has he been here the whole time? Is he actually just a finnish spirit haunting this sauna? He keeps looking at me

is it a real sauna or a "swedish sauna"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

is it a real sauna or a "swedish sauna"

Bajstun.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
The Fins told all working age Gimmegrant Haji's that they have to do unpaid work for their benefits.

That's why they left.

Economical Migrants who where never at threat.

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014
somefinn tell me about boot throwing.

like, intrinsicately i have more respect for boot throwers than athletes that throw objects designed to be aerodynamic. gimme the deets, finns.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Velkest posted:

somefinn tell me about boot throwing.

like, intrinsicately i have more respect for boot throwers than athletes that throw objects designed to be aerodynamic. gimme the deets, finns.

a) take boot
b) throw it
c) appear on lovely local newspaper and FUNNY OL' WORLD type things around the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

a) take boot
b) throw it
c) appear on lovely local newspaper and FUNNY OL' WORLD type things around the world

d) drink

i guess i could have guessed, after all. thanks for clearing that up

• Locked thread