Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I don't think we really need those tidbits about Crusader Kings I and any game that has a current sequel out. Plus no one remembers or cares about MM at this point.

Maybe keep Darkest Hour for now since people still play Kaiserreich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Tomn posted:

Ambitious!

How is March of the Eagles in single-player, actually? I've been wondering if I should maybe pick it up during a sale or something.

If you like the military aspect of Pdox games and nothing else, it's the game for you.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Gorgo Primus posted:

Oh, I was almost done my OP-redo... oh well. Least the OP is updated either way.

Called it :negative:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I just want the counters so I can play HoI4 without my computer exploding from too many moving 3D models.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Wiz posted:

Have you considered upgrading from your Voodoo 2 card?

Oh haha I get it, I must be using a Windows 95 computer still :rolleyes:

I'm not Johan.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

TheMcD posted:

Yeah, manual save and reload is the only way. In fact, the only way to actually avoid the civil war is to elect Curtis, negotiate with Reed and assassinate Long - with any other option, the civil war will kick off, and if you elected either Long or Reed, they will with 100% accuracy get kicked out by MacArthur.

And this makes the whole thing sound so very boring.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Wiz posted:

If the 3D graphics in our games is causing your computer to chug, you probably are on Windows 95, was my point. If not, HOI4 will not perform better with counters.

Good to know I shouldn't buy HoI4 then. :shepicide:

EDIT: Actually, I shouldn't. Not even joking. I hate the military aspect of all Paradox games. I can't even stand March of the Eagles, why would I try to play another pdox game centered around warfare?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I think you all mean Greater Older Bulgaria :agesilaus:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I think we all forgot the real ancient empire.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

DrSunshine posted:

I dunno about you guys, but personally I think Paradox sold out to the casuals because they're not including NATO counters in Stellaris. :colbert:

They began catering to the casuals when they stopped using Windows 95 to power their forums.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Crowsbeak posted:

Hey Paradox will you ever consider trying alternate history DLC for your games?

They tried with Sunset Invasion for Crusader Kings II but after the backlash from dumbasses on the Pdox forums I doubt they'll try again.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Groogy posted:

Get hired by Paradox.

Hey Pdox, you looking for someone with considerable knowledge of Ancient Greece? :getin:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Oberleutnant posted:

Rome 2 is never happening just accept it. :(

I was actually seeing if they needed someone to help make the inevitable Hellenic Restoration DLC for Crusader Kings II. :ssh:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It's kind of tricky to figure that sort of thing out because first you have to decide what the player represents in Victoria. Are you the old world monarchies desperately trying to hold on to power in a world that's evolving beyond them? Or are you the new world liberals trying to make your nation better regardless of "tradition". Part of the issue in Victoria 2 is that you're such an abstract figure that you kind of play both of them. The end result is that a lot of strategies revolve around intentionally allowing a rebellion to succeed because their form of government is more effective, even though from a gameplay perspective you're supposed to be fighting them.

You represent the spirit of the nation. Simple as that.

Hell, it's what people were promoting during that era.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

I'll take that as a "maybe" :agesilaus:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Chief Savage Man posted:

The ethnic armies are a cool thing but unfortunately they're part of a revolt mechanic that doesn't reach its potential. Victoria could use a dose of CK2's revolt system, where revolts are more akin to states. A great Victoria revolt system would create armed factions, where your units and provinces have a loyalty based on their sentiment, ethnicity and religion. Instead of vomiting rebels everywhere, I'd like to see factions that can ally with each other or the government, e.g. The German government could align with the Freikorps against the Communists, the Russian government could work out a deal where some ethnic factions get to become independent if they help fight the Bolsheviks. Add in the ability for other great powers to sponsor factions and the ability to switch to a rebel faction to take over your own nation and you've turned a giant pain in the rear end into a compelling mechanic.

:agreed:

You could break it down into three types of rebellions: (I'll use the USA as an example)

1. Rebel troops - What we have now in Vicky II. They're just uppity groups from the population and don't have a real agenda. (Pro-Slavery rebels appear in the US)
2. Rebel states - Would be factions of government or ethnicities looking to break off and form their own nations (A state like Alabama breaks away)
3. Rebel nations - Would be rebellions involving previously conquered nations (The actual Confederate States of America attempts to rebel again)

It sounded better when I was first writing it but gently caress me if I'm just going to delete it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Darkrenown posted:

Nations can only be in one faction.

So I take it that's just like in HoI 3 where you can only be in one faction (Commy, Demo, Nazi) but can have alliances with members of other factions, ie, Germany and Russia's Non-Aggression Pact.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Darkrenown posted:

You can have relations, like NAPs, with non-faction nations yes. But for the purposes of HoI4 alliance = faction. You Are not limited to the starting 3 factions either, if you want to make an Italian-Polish faction to fight Germany or something, you can do that (or at least try, the other nation might say no).

Now that's interesting. So if history went off the rails I could have like a US-Mexico faction to fight against Japan or stuff like that? Man, I might have to actually buy this when it comes out.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Groogy posted:

Please no :(

An alien invasion DLC for HoI 4 will suffice. You could use one of the species from Stellaris even.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Has anyone tried out the game Rogue State? Looks interesting enough. And has a catchy national anthem. :allears:

EDIT: fixed typo

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Oct 20, 2015

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Bort Bortles posted:

Someone made a game about a colored state? Rouge is such an interesting color...

loving autocorrect :argh:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Yeah, steal some other Indian symbols instead. :v:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Enjoy posted:

I guess no one ever played my modmod, I put events in for America in ~1920 to be hit by an invasion of Cthulhu worshippers (based on a Halloween event Paradox did) but no one ever commented about it :(

Maybe if Pdox's forums would actually let me see the Vicky II mod forums again maybe I'd check it out.

I have no clue as to why I can't access it. I used to be able to no problem.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

uPen posted:

Did you attach your old pdox account to your new one / did it transfer your v2 license when you did?

I thought I had, but re-entering my code seemed to do the trick. :psyduck:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Fintilgin posted:

Didn't you get the notice, Groogy? Your office is being relocated to the Rome themed room in Paradox's brand new office. :shobon:

Man, I saw pictures of that new place and I am jealous.

1, because it's in Sweden so who knows when I'll ever end up there and 2, you guys don't invite people over. :argh: Why make the office look so cool and then hide it from people?!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Is there a vermin race? If not, why isn't there one?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
CK 3 having broken DRM would finally kill video games for me :smithicide:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

God I wish EA would get destroyed.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

VostokProgram posted:

What is a 'TI texture'? Googling just returns titanium textures.

Terra Incognita

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Kavak posted:

Can't it just be turned off by the host if it's going to be a problem?

You can't do that in CK2 so I doubt it.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I wont be satisfied until I'm able to fund Jeffersonian rebels on the US West Coast as USSR. :ussr:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Kavak posted:

Who is he referring to with the grandfathering?

AGOT, who gets their own forums and can host their own downloads and whatnot.

I'm sorry, I mean the mod based around that one book series that has a show on HBO, since I'm not allowed to say the mod name on this forum.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Kavak posted:

I imagine Kaiserreich is covered under that as well, though I wonder if HoI IV will change that (We'll host that version on Steam if we have to)

Excuse me, but you cannot even speak about said alternate history mod about WWII in this forum. You have been reported to podx authorities.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Convenient for me is the fact that I've never talked about my Rise of Islam mod on the pdox forums so you guys have an exclusive mod here. :unsmith:

When it's released.

In like 2017.

:smith:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
You're not even allowed to mention you're in the beta. If someone asks, you just lie and say no.

Anyone who violates this rule or the rule about telling people this you're out of the beta.

...gently caress

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
I guess putting "I'm Hitlers Gay Secret" in my application didn't help my chances.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Or maybe you guys can stop acting so loving autistic and stop trying to make a game real life.

Who the gently caress cares about what Germany and Japan did with their oil IRL, it doesn't matter because oil isn't a resource in HoI4.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
The autism is strong in this thread.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

podcat posted:

confirming proxy waring is super fun in MP :)

With all these neat features, it's almost like you want to make a Cold War game. Especially with all this potential for proxy wars everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Yeah, a two-way civil war is good for countries sized like Greece, but places like USSR and USA better be able to have multiple factions rising up, if only because they have the higher chance of breaking apart due to their size.