Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Dante80 posted:

Since this thread is about spaceships in magic space, lets make some Dolmades!!

The recipe is an online one, but its pretty close to what we do in Greece anyway. Didn't have to translate this time..C:

Ingredients

1 lb. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 c. white rice
1 egg
1/2 c. dry spearmint
1 T. butter, softened
1/2 bunch fresh parsley
dill, if convenient
3-4 T. lemon juice
salt
pepper
water, if needed

Augolemono (sauce)
1 egg
3-4 T. lemon juice
corn starch

Directions
Knead all ingredients in a bowl. If the consistency is too hard, add water, one tablespoon at a time (up to 4 T.).
Depending on the size, you will need 20 to 40 grape leaves (Fila -pronounced fee’-lah). Small leaves tend to be more tender. Boil grape leaves until they are soft, but not tender.
The time will depend on the leaves. Fresh ones will only take a minute.
Fold grape leaves around small spoonfulls of meat mixture, sealing completely.
In a large pot (preferably one with a large surface area on the bottom), melt 1/2 stick (4 T.) butter.
Arrange rolled dolmades on top. Do this all at once, not as you roll them.
Pour 3-4 cups water or chicken broth over dolmades, cover, and simmer for 2 hours.

Augolemono Directions
Separate egg.
Whisk egg white mixed with 1 tsp. water; add yolk and mix.
Add a little corn starch to lemon juice and stir; add to egg mixture.
Skim broth off dolmades (it is now a chicken/beef broth and should be greatly reduced because of the rice) and add 1 T. at a time to the egg mixture, whisking well. Egg mixture should thicken.

Final Steps
Remove dolmades from heat.
Arrange dolmades in a bowl for serving. Mix remaining broth into egg-lemon mixture. Stir well and pour over dolmades.

Dolmades are really good and now I want to go eat some greek food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

BurnBlackJay posted:

Is there a summary for what happened whit this game ? I wanna laugh to .

Chris Roberts got almost 90 million dollars in backer money and all I got was some lousy $3,000 concept art.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Promatoast posted:

Anyone willing to share specifics with regards to why they've become disillusioned with the game? I thought the general consensus among backers was positive. I was actually planning to jump in myself now that I have seen the game start to take form.

One born every minute.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Derek Smart is going to be insufferable until the day he dies after this. Moreso than normal.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Skoll posted:

So I just played a game of Angels Fall First. I was helming a Battleship, that had like 30 other players in it who were running around it fixing battle damage, or manning turrets, or flying out of it in Interceptors.

Anyway it was the middle of a giant gently caress off battle, I had no idea what I was doing, explosions and klaxons were going off everywhere. I rammed another battleship and we won.

So it's good then? I'll pick it up when I get home since it's so cheap.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Jst0rm posted:

time for lesnik to demand a bunch of money or else he leaves. That would gently caress cig up if he left and he should be able to squeeze a cool million out of them.

But that's 1/8th of what they have left!

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

BexGu posted:

How are they still going to have a con after this? Every single movement will be asking about question Smart/Escapist have brought up.

They can probably get one last good take from the con so there's no real reason not to.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Truga posted:

lol if you think glass door and derek smart aren't their source. Just lol

fake edit: Jesus christ that CR response is long. Does anyone have a TL;DR, I'm not going to read that.

Keep the faith citizen. He invokes the name of SMART like 10x more than is needed to summon him and also brings Gamer Gate into the discussion. Then he provides the following solid refutation of the provable claims within:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The OP has been updated with far more relevant information

:bravo:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Sedisp posted:

What proof could they offer exactly?

CIG could release financials to prove that they have more than 8 million for starters.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

OhDearGodNo posted:

I don't think it's a scam, however at this point I don't think it's a developing game either.

There is a strong case to be made about CIG overspending, maybe to the point $80+ million.

It's a badly run project but I think it's pretty obvious almighty Chris Roberts thinks that he will eventually make the best space game ever made if he can keep the money flowing.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I really enjoy that there are people who are just releasing solid, or at least complete space games quietly while the battle of endor sized drama explosions are going on.

Angel's Fall First is fun. Though it's not complete it's 13.49 and will get 13.49 worth of enjoyment as is.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Randarkman posted:

I find it's hilarious that people think 'realism' is of the utmost importance in a game about dogfighting in space, an idea that pretty much began with Star Wars as WWII in space. Yeah, realistic.

Any kind of proposed "realistic" space fight game would be intensely boring but spergs will be spergs. Want realistic physics and ladder animations for WW2 dogfight in space.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

And so on and so on.

Not to be rude, but why the gently caress did you people pay so much for the promise of a virtual spaceship one day in the far future?!
You could buy a drivable toy spaceship for less, in real life! or a hundred good and actually existing games!

I can't wrap my mind around it, I honestly can't.

A goon and his money are soon (and easily) parted. A lot of us are in the perfect target demographic and have more disposable income than sense.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Ragequit posted:

Wow. Whenever someone says, "You do NOT want to mess with ME. I will gently caress you up!" It immediately makes everyone want to mess with them. :laffo: What a child.

What an incredible mess from every single direction. I look forward to a great week.

It's Derek Smart. Engaging him at all was the dumbest possible thing CIG and Croberts could have done.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

"I believe this was made by a Battlecruiser 3000 fan" :lol:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

How fat is that other dude?! :stare:

Well if :lesnick: is really far away and the other guy is right in front of the light source...

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

quote:

The reason being is that if people are requesting refunds based on the articles they can prove damages as a result of the articles, thus proving libel

fukkin got u escapist!!!!11

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

ShredsYouSay posted:

When you say "corporal punishment" what did that entail?

I'd assume using violence on small beings with limited cognitive ability in order to instill fear and obedience.

Like what Sandi does with words but with a switch or hand instead. It's similarly effective.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Fuckin legal is out of control. Really need to bring him in for some obedience training.

Or put his paws up on a table and whip him with a belt so he stops eating blog posts.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Skoll posted:

Gary Oldman is too embarrassed to have S42 on his imdb.

hey as long as the payment clears the bank.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Szcwczuk posted:

I don't think cheetos can go rancid.

Sweat soaked rancid cheetos

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Like moldy cheese with whiffs of saute onions. Occasionally you'll walk by an area that has a heavy ammonia smell.

The furry pens.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

MeLKoR posted:

Don't know if this has been posted yet but a (presumably) shaved black oval office can be spotted at 2:25.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls464lgf2Do

e: Hahaha, Smart got completely under their skin, he's in complete control of events. Unbelievable. :psyduck:

Did they really put their facilities manager on to show they hired a black woman :lol:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

The fact that they renamed the dumb ship (and hosed it up so it was named POTATO briefly on the website) and then changed the price by 5$ to PROVE DSMART WRONG is far more entertaining than it should be. I would ask what it is named in the game assets except there is no game :lol:

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

OhDearGodNo posted:

I did a check on the page to see an artifact left over from "Vindicator" but didn't see anything. Someone with more webpage knowledge should probably see if anything was forgotten.

They probably did a find and replace to switch Vindicator to POTATO and then missed those entries after they came up with Sabre

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Vile posted:

Anyone with a small shred of faith this will be a good game if it ever gets released should be ashamed of themselves
It is an incredibly entertaining slow motion car crash where more cars keep crashing just when you think it's over.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

I'm the assholes

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Decrepus posted:

Can I grow spaceweed yet?

Go load up X

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Kimsemus posted:

Wait are you serious? Are there screencaps of this?

That's pretty amazing.

I was watching the mocap and Gary Oldman videos just now, am I the only one that finds mocap like what they're doing really kind of offputting and artificial seeming because faces animate 900% more than bodies or the enviroment?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Agrajag posted:

anyone else notice how crobizzle instantly becomes a lot more passionate when talking about his mocap poo poo?

He's making a movie with a game attached not the other way around.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Agrajag posted:

goon leadership? what is he on about?

WHO THE gently caress IS THE LEADERSHIP IN THIS SHITSHOW?

Eonwe

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Reason posted:

How did they go from that to what was in the teaser? My mind is broken.

Failed to merge, lets start oooooover.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Sorry, is this for actual loving serious?! The Swedish mob? Do we have actual proof or are we letting ourselves hype ourselves over nothing?! I mean I WANT this to be real for the dramadey of it all but if we're gonna say this is a money laundering scam we better have something loving SOLID.

I don't even care.

This is the best not a game I never paid for. I hope it's all true though.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Jst0rm posted:

this will end with St. Christ Roberts committing suicide with 2 bullets in the back of the head.

A single swedish meatball will be found in his front shirt pocket.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Rip Smartzilla avatar. Taken from us before it's time.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Apparently CR sent out a letter for the 1 millionth backer.

Alpha access is no more. Arena Commander passes are no more. The script gives everyone either $10 or $5 worth of spacebux instead. How generous.

Lol they get more shameless every day

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

LastCaress posted:

I'm a veterinarian and if anyone wants pictures of dead cats or cats doing expensive treatments ask me and I'll send you FREE .jpegs that you can attach to your refund request, like a cat doing a cat scan or whatever maybe all refunds will be cat-based

I want a jpeg of a cat doing a cat scan. Bonus points if the cat is scanning a dog.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

A Neurotic Jew posted:

she will quit by the end of this month.

I expect the house of cards to really start falling after November. She will cash in till the bitter end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

sorla78 posted:

Badly formatted - PATCH NOTES

That's really long. Someone bold funny patch notes tia.

• Locked thread