Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Thank you mr smart for saving me, started the refund process a month ago and actually came out ahead. Great news for me as I was into this scam for 5k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

LumberingTroll posted:

Has anyone in this thread actually gotten a refund? if so, for any significant amount of money? I wonder if they are refunding the small stuff and ignoring anyone with significant expenditure.

I had $5200 into this, started the refund about a month ago. Got 3300 back from cig and sold the remainder to silly redditors. They like going down with the ships

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

AP posted:

Congratulations. Did CIG put up much resistance?

It took about 2.5 weeks, but that was a month ago. I think the flood gates have been opened now.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Nation posted:

i would love to know what made you pay anything above $60 for a video game

I had a lot of multiples, mostly hornet or 300 varients. I guess the plan was just to sell stuff to the people that didnt get in on the ground floor. There was a gogle doc with goonfleet on it in one of the old threads. Also I went full neckbeard and tossed abunch of disposable income at it.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

AP posted:

It's tradition. At this point you're meant to say what you're going to buy with the money, relax and enjoy the show.

Was going to put a ome 2.5" lift on my 4runner and add some new bfg ko2s. Im also thinking a new webber grill would be a great idea to cook up some burgs on while I watch the fallout of this.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Did they ever release why eric peterson and chris olivia got canned? It seems they are able to put out product.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

LumberingTroll posted:

Did you do anything besides send an email asking for a refund?

I asked for a refund, was polite but firm. Was sent to Sandi, a couple back and forth emails and it was in motion.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

He didn't jump the bandwagon, his article says go buy popcorn poo poo just got real.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

there has to be a shopped "I want to believe" poster with a ship.jpg pasted over it

right?

Just threw this together, not very good

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Gryphon0468 posted:

Because I've been actually following the development, I've seen all the videos, read all the articles and seen how enthusiastic CIG are to make this game. I've met Chris Roberts in person in Melbourne last year. To those who follow development at the source rather than take the word of anonymous goons and trolls on the Internet, it's pretty clear the progress SC has made.

Bro you still don't have your FPS and that was supposed to be out in March by their own timeline.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Gryphon0468 posted:

Sure, $2486.50. Go on, howl in rage or laugh in disbelief. I don't care hahaha.

If you were a true believer you would have spent twice that.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Gryphon0468 posted:

I hope all that reddit gold comforts your bitter soul at night. So the recent chummy chumness between you and Ben on Reverse the Verse this week was all a lie?!

How dare you be chums with Ben "no neck" Lesnick

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Gryphon what will come out first, SC or GRRM next book?

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

OhDearGodNo posted:

There's a post in r/outoftheloop and it's already gone to poo poo.

The SC subreddit has already spammed it with Derek Smart theories, GamerGate, and claiming not only that the sources have been discredited as Derek Smart, but that reddit figured it out.

This just destroys my hopes for humanity

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Bootcha posted:

I HAVE BEEN INFUSED WITH GREAT PURPOSE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

:slick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwkmiXpBHI8

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

nopantsjack posted:

Do they stream stuff from Citizen Con or is it all exclusive and poo poo?

Yes they stream to those that didn't go on pilgrimage this year.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Wonder what the odds are of Sandi just going gently caress you nerds, tossing down the divorce, and bouncing with half the monies.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

If you mean the crowfunding money and not Croberts personal cash then that is impossible because company money and personal money are very very different things from a legal perspective.

How does an adult even think something like that could happen?

Well it's a "private company", and while i'm no big space court lawyer, I doubt any judge is going to not split up the cash. Regrardless of the iou jpgs that have been sold. He was supposed to be done collecting at 65m anyway.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

You had Ortwin contact you for that?

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

What I love most about this picture is how the longer you look at it the more little details come out, and every time you see it there is something new.

Like the katana on the floor, or the cut marks on the doll's arm.

Or the pony on his hat.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Hopper posted:

Well, if I was you, I would definitely NOT partake of the kool-aid or any other drink I am offered at a cult meeting.

dont get the black nikes either

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

It isn't talked about much but has anyone kept track of all the big names / positions that have walked away from this. I seem to recall mad talent either bouncing on the cult or getting let go.
Eric Peterson, Chris Olivia, Martin Galway (these 3 were original founders with no neck and croberts), Rob Irving, Travis Day, Alex Mayberry, and David Hobbins. Is this a normal turn over in the industry
for lead devs/producers

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Full Metal Boxers posted:

4,000 new posts in just a few days. :psypop:

I have given up trying to keep up with this thread. I am but a mortal man, not some beer-worshipping space Ork. Someone please summarize the last 100 pages, tia.

Required reading,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/features/14715-CIG-Employees-Talk-Star-Citizen-and-the-State-of-the-Company
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...and-retraction/
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

It went Escapist article hey ah your employees say you blew all your cash, the game is a coke dream, and Sandi doesnt like bush. Chris replies with scathing I hate DS / GG. Escapist doubles down with a podcast. Ortwin the Space Lawyer jumps into spit dribble threatens Space Court. 24 hours passed Escapist says gently caress your couch.

DS dances around lighting fires

bres0048 fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 6, 2015

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Iridium posted:

95mil stretch goal they sue everyone ever who said anything bad about the game, as well as the women that didn't sleep with their concierge level backers

As a former concierage member I can say that no sax lessons was the final straw

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Octopode posted:

There's no nuance allowed on the Internet. You're either for us, or a blithering retard that shouldn't be exposed to the light of day lest you try to justify beating your children just because it might be legal to do so in your backwards state.

AP is the linchpin to my fantasy team, watch your mouf

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

AP posted:

How'd I get dragged into this? I don't mind Octopode at all, but the kid beating guy was freaking me out and that's how I handle something that weird.

No that would be Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings who I got in the late 2nd round for fantasy football

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Gryphon0468 posted:

Derek disappoints, as usual. Btw the ship will almost certainly be the Prowler, due to Ben stating its not the Crucible, and shares a name with a ship from Wing Commander and it's the only ship besides the Crucible left in the line up that is still unseen. It's pretty simple to figure that out if you follow along.

Gryphon, whats it going to take to get you to leave the cult. Im prepared to assist in a intervention on your behalf.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Derek Smart-

"I have finished writing the math model for how I will completely collapse the illegal Star Citizen Grey market. Will run some tests soon"

Happening Status: over 9000

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

- Sandbox, piracy and economics in conjunction with assets that would stay in game. So many sandcastles.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

The stars have aligned. Beer, make it so.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

SPACE COURT

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

I hope bootcha is able to extract himself from this mess. Would hate to see him get dick punched by croberts. :homebrew:

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Who is Bootcha and why does e everyone hate his gay rear end?

There was no hate in my post, lame deflect, get butthurt much

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Weber grill best grill

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Ponzi time boiz

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

randomcommoner posted:

If someone gives any money to the project after this con they are completely and utterly beyond saving.

I bought the tshirt but it's a gag gift

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

G0RF posted:

I beg to differ, Octopode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_SL4Mb5Yhc

Also note: the video, while still on youtube, is not listed on their Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?RobertsSpaceInd?videos

Boom! Headshot

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

kikkelivelho posted:

For months CIG has been showing us new animations, features and assets in the Star Marine updates and at times the FPS portion has looked passable.

Yet in the Citizencon demo none of those things they've shown in the past months were present. Either the FPS build was never integrated or the process is so hosed up it's better to show nothing.

It would also affirm that DS was right about the FPS being janky and held together by nerd sweat and cheetohs powder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

What I really can't wrap my head around is there haven't been any new stretch goals since 65m. How does he validate taking more money to produce this.

• Locked thread