Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Blow out is a term I wish I didn't just learn the meaning of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

ilkhan posted:

Agenda for the day:
wash car
10 miles on the bike
football

my mother has been practically begging for a chance to drive the mustang, so I'll probably relent on that today too.
I kind of feel bad for buying a manual mustang. My mom was shopping for one 12 years ago because she used to drive a 68, but said that the car was too loud for her. She would never learn stick just to drive my car though.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I think hes asking why there are also scissors inside of your nose.

Cage fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 6, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

88h88 posted:

Go on, what did I miss?
Sperglord Firecock. Someone sent him stuff to help with his rusted out nissan and he ended up trying to sell it and disappearing.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Bajaha posted:

Anybody else getting excited for AI:SS already? December can't come quick enough.

I've got so baby mechanical bits from the forester franken motor project, can't decide what I could throw in a box with the present.
I will give it one more shot. I spent a good amount of time and effort doing my box, but received mine a month past christmas and it was a half assed last minute purchase shipped from a website.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
My brother wants to sell his 2002 x5 manual that he's had for not even 6 months because sometimes he "doesn't feel like shifting".

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
If thats little tree you shouldn't be complaining, their cherry scent is great.

Otherwise, yeah. Cherry scents usually smell cheap.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Comrade Flynn posted:

About to place my Focus RS order. I'm thinking the only options I'll get is the blue paint (duh) and the RS2 interior package.
You dick.

Comrade Flynn posted:

Reposting for this page as I need to lock it in today:

About to place my Focus RS order. I'm thinking the only options I'll get is the blue paint (duh) and the RS2 interior package.

Anything else I should grab? I'm convinced the cup tires will be too much for the winter here in Seattle.
F youuuuuu.

I'm just jealous I cant even afford your beater car.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
New headlight I bought has leaked condensation on the inside 3 different times, after sealing it 3 different times. Company will replace it, but I have to mail mine in first before they ship theirs. :argh:

Thats what I get got going ~*euro style yo*~

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Petite Dinklage posted:

From whom did you buy it?
From Amazon, the company is "SPPC" which I've never heard of but I am a big cheapo. $75 for the pair. The driver side is great, it's just the one side that sucks.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Petite Dinklage posted:

As them if you can just buy a new pair and swap out the bad one and send it back for a refund.
They would send me one first if I gave them my cc info for them to hold, but as I never heard of the company before I didn't feel super comfortable with that. I have an old lovely one that I can use in the meantime, not a huge deal I just wanted to complain a little.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

iwentdoodie posted:

STR: just keep the fluid topped up as you bleed and it should be fine.
He said he was sober now you rear end.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Petite Dinklage posted:

As them if you can just buy a new pair and swap out the bad one and send it back for a refund.
I had my old pair still sitting around:

Looks good I think I'll leave it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

CommieGIR posted:

Where's the chrome?
The horse counts. :colbert:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Guns are p scary imo.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

kastein posted:

Go back to "making" LED interior lights for your tupperware car.

And yeah, if everyone jumped my rear end and claimed I was a fraud I'd just walk the gently caress away too, that's pretty disrespectful. Some people don't like posting pics of themselves. Hell, I hate basically every picture I've ever taken of myself so I don't bother anymore, and don't really like anyone else taking pictures of me either, so the good ones that get taken are mostly flukes and you lot are lucky my ugly mug has ever been posted here.

I don't 100% know if he's legit or not, but he's cooler to talk to than a lot of other people on the internet and is coming stateside at some point IIRC, so one way or another I'll know for sure then.

Your loss, guys, good job driving off a cool dude.
You're somehow more fun when you post about guns.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
So ask him whats up. No one here will hold a grudge. I don't know him personally, but if everything but the pictures was true I'd say he could use a place like here to vent and tell us about the next lovely thing that happens to him.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Am I a bad AI poster for only wanting to do work on my "cool" car and not the winter beater? I changed the spark plugs in the summer car a few months ago, and I should do it for the winter car but meeeh. It even has 2 less cylinders but I'm thinking of having a shop do it.

meatpimp posted:

but there's got to be a better response from him than telling TT to eat his rear end.
Yeah this.

Cage fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 16, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Fo3 posted:

What the gently caress is everyone talking about on this page (except for the last 3 posts)
We need to check your facebook post history vs your AI posts before we answer that question.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Moxie Omen posted:

I vaguely remember buying tt about $25 of avatars
I spoiled someones fun once when they bought him a gay related avatar and I quickly blanked it out with something that said "hello".

I've always been pro TT. You'll get your jdm forester some day, lil buddy.

edit: Holy geez

https://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=Tusen+Takk

Adding a border to my avatar 4 years later was totally worth the :10bux:

Cage fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 16, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
You have a really clean garage wall. Ours is just stuff leaning on stuff leaning on stuff.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Previa_fun posted:

I just read the meatpimp thread and

:catstare:

got drat.
Some of AI are really crabby and mean and takes things too seriously. Sometimes I'm glad I still feel like a noob here.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I made a pretty boss poke cake yesterday for my moms birthday. French vanilla cake mix, when its done baking you poke a bunch of holes in it and then I poured french vanilla pudding inside and then covered the top. Then finished it off with some french vanilla coop whip. :thumbsup:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

T1g4h posted:

GTA Goons!

This new update added in a loving Grand National :h:

Also engine customization. And the ability to pop your hood and trunk. And loving hydraulics.
I always liked the faction but how the hell did you log in? Social club has been down for hours for what seems like 99% of people.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Hi, we've held off on pizza chat until you got back.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
One of my garages in GTAV is a henry ford garage.

The gulf livery car has to park in a public lot

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I skipped the "get education at college" method and went straight to "work at college". I :argh: at kids every day and I'm not even 30.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
IF STR CAN TALK ABOUT PIZZA WE CAN TALK ABOUT BORING SPORTS :argh:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
IF STR CAN TALK ABOUT PIZZA WE CAN TALK ABOUT BORING CARS :argh:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
All of my hobbies are too expensive. Cars/computers/music gear/the occasional trees.

I have to buy new music recording stuff because my brother stole all of mine to trade for heroin. Shits expensive.

#fwp

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Enourmo posted:

why the shitfuck do i even play guitar gently caress
because :wink:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Enourmo posted:

guitar (at least electric) is the worst

if you wanna upgrade beyond babby's first amp and guitar you're looking at like $2k total just for decent hobby-level gear

and then you can't even use most of the volume most of the time so it's a waste

i'll go weeks without practicing because of loving school, then when I do pick it up i'll practice a few days in a row before my tone starts grating on me, i gently caress with the settings trying to find something that sounds good, then just piss off and do something else

i mean at least strings are cheap but ffs
Thats not really true. There are decent guitars starting at about $200. I've been playing 12 years and the most expensive one I have is $500, there's no need to spend a lot of money on something to get a good sound. You can find a guitar amp more than enough to practice at home with for $100 or less. 99% of these amps should let you plug headphones in if volume is an issue.

If you're not into it then you're not into it though. What kind of guitar do you have?

edit: This is mine. Schecter Tempest Custom

Cage fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

El Jebus posted:

Yeah, acoustic is a completely different beast. I started on a cheap Yamaha but now I've got a low-mid range Taylor and the difference is astronomical in quality. Under $500 is generally for a beginner to see if they want to keep playing an acoustic, then move on to sub $1500 for a good acoustic that will last a while and sound and feel good. When I have the cash I can finally move onto the sub $5k professional range with Bourgeois and Thompson and other high end hand made guitars. Thompson makes pre war style dreadnoughts that sound and feel amazing. I never thought there was that big of a difference between my $1500 Taylor and the more expensive acoustics but after playing for 15 years I can tell the difference pretty quickly.

I mean feel and sound from a player perspective, I doubt I could tell much difference just listening to them all.
That's crazy. I spent $300 on a takamine acoustic over 10 years ago and it still sounds awesome. You doñt have to spend anywhere near $1500 to buy an amazing guitar that lasts.

• Locked thread