Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got the game through the Humble Bundle Monthly. Did not realize it did not include the two campaign DLC, though. Should have got this while the steam sale was going :(

How long till I start hurting for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I finally gave the first game a fair try after getting it from a bundle. Even playing with bots, it is a damned fun game, and I'll be sure to try to get the second game once it comes out so I can play with actual people.

Also, I love the post decapitation "Hey, where'd my head go :saddowns:" animations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

It was about $24 when I looked at it, but then I remembered I was logged on with my Monthly Bundle discount active. I logged out and it is the same price on steam.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Minrad posted:

https://www.gamebillet.com/warhammer-vermintide-2

22.50, it doesn't get any better than this :getin:

I am assuming that the site is legit? A quick google search doesn't bring up anything alarming at least.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Of course the moment I decide to preorder the game is when the thread starts going hard on it and makes me question why I did so in the first place :v:

(I am kidding. Mostly.)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am playing through the first game and going through the characters (Forgive me I do not have names memorized yet). Bouncing rats with the shield is fun with the Dwarf, as is going turret with the Witch Hunter. Elf was pretty fun until I spend an extended period without an ammo refill.

I do have a question about Bright Wizard: Is there a effect with the state that she is on fire, other than exploding if you use magic too much? Do I want to vent that right away?

Honestly, the first game does not do such a good job actually explaining mechanics, other than "There are rats. Go kill rats."

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is there some satire we are missing with the Warhammer Fantasy setting, like we all missed with 40K for the longest time?

Far as I can tell, things are relatively cool in Warhammer Fantasy land, as opposed to 40K's "Everything and everyone is terrible and for the Emperor's sake can the Chaos Gods just come and put us all out of our misery already?"

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Stanley Pain posted:

Are you being wilfully ignorant here? It's literally what he said. There's no mental gymnastics required my man. Let me help you out a bit.

Look, speaking as someone who WAS slightly scared off by Digirats posting, suck it up and get over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Psion posted:

was this on purpose :laugh:

so genuine question about VT2 vs 1 i'm not sure how to put, but let's try. There's some real frustration potential in the first if your group isn't on point, and I see complaints about "the elf runs off on their own, dies, blames team" are as alive as ever. but can you save a run from that bad situation more often in VT2? like if you're down a player or two is it more or less possible to carry through to a win than it was in the first? assuming players of reasonable skill level anyway

It also looks like the pressure to do max-grim runs 24/7 is also lowered a lot, which is pretty good to hear.

I think you are better off asking in the new OT. The only things left here are pettiness and suck.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851244

• Locked thread