Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

EminusSleepus posted:

anyone who asked for a refund and most of all got it is an awesome one

Getting that refund was not hard. Sandi hates me and offered me a refund 3-4 over the course of the last two years. I just told that CS guy he should talk to Sandi and two days later I received the refund on Paypal. Sometimes being a relentless pain in the rear end who knows his rights and just keeps reiterating unkomfortable facts pays off. Just ask Derek. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

If I use the nick name that people call her then I may as well stick crosshairs on my forehead. Its not nice though .... but very funny

Ok lets make this into a guessing game.

Is it... "loving oval office"?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Everyone at CIG should get a Dead man's switch à la Snowden. Just in case!

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Baller Time posted:

Or a Harkonnen heart plug.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hey sandi and chris if youre reading this thread

derek smart owned you

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Muse - endlessly

There's a part of me you'll never know
The only thing I'll never show

Hopelessly I'll love you endlessly
Hopelessly I'll give you everything
But I won't give you up
I won't let you down
And I won't leave you falling
If the moment ever comes

It's plain to see it's trying to speak
Cherished dreams forever asleep

But I won't give you up
I won't let you down
And I won't leave you falling[s/]
If the moment ever comes

But I won't give you up
I won't let you down
and I won't leave you falling

If the moment ever comes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B88K7B5lIs8&list=PL82B296B7C81F7039&index=10

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Baller Time posted:

Alternatively, a dead man's switch à la Miles Dyson.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.
What do you guys think of my website idea:
I'll probably do it with material design.
I'll have a section called "the pipeline" which will have a bunch of small cards that represent the promised features. Each card will have a very short overview of the promise, the source of the promise, a tl;dr of the current status of the promise and maybe an icon indicating if the promise has been fulfilled or not. These cards will be searchable and sortable. Also, each card will be have links to any articles posted about these cards, which leads me to the other major section of the website: Articles.
The articles section will be a blog type thing where authorized users can post articles and link them with the cards in the pipeline for organization.

I'm also thinking of having comments sections pretty much under every page and possibly a separate "leave your thoughts" page.

I'll probably throw together a first version of this tomorrow or over the weekend. Any ideas are welcome.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

haha no thanks. I dont do early access

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Yea!!!!!!

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Chalks posted:

(I'm no artist)

:vince:

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Illegal Move posted:

What do you guys think of my website idea:
I'll probably do it with material design.
I'll have a section called "the pipeline" which will have a bunch of small cards that represent the promised features. Each card will have a very short overview of the promise, the source of the promise, a tl;dr of the current status of the promise and maybe an icon indicating if the promise has been fulfilled or not. These cards will be searchable and sortable. Also, each card will be have links to any articles posted about these cards, which leads me to the other major section of the website: Articles.
The articles section will be a blog type thing where authorized users can post articles and link them with the cards in the pipeline for organization.

I'm also thinking of having comments sections pretty much under every page and possibly a separate "leave your thoughts" page.

I'll probably throw together a first version of this tomorrow or over the weekend. Any ideas are welcome.

You should ask congress for funding since it will be an invaluable tool for the impending FBI/FTC investigation. Seriously though the sheer amount of promises scattered over tons of articles, videos and so on will make this a massive project.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

alf_pogs posted:

derek smart owned you

Pretty much.

Derek Smart wrecked ur poo poo.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
Let's not forget Sandi's improv training under The Groundlings, Second City, and The Upright Citizens Brigade. How she has so few acting credits to her name with that kind of training we'll never know.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Like apparently special snowflakes sandi and chris are still butthurt about Beer's emails and Derek's blog

CIG got owned by a blogger and an email. loving lol.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Let's not forget Sandi's improv training under The Groundlings, Second City, and The Upright Citizens Brigade. How she has so few acting credits to her name with that kind of training we'll never know.

Let's not forget her audition videos

"Hallo?....HALLOWWW??"

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Ezekeel posted:

You should ask congress for funding since it will be an invaluable tool for the impending FBI/FTC investigation. Seriously though the sheer amount of promises scattered over tons of articles, videos and so on will make this a massive project.

still smaller in scope than chris roberts' dream. maybe you could get funding on kickstarter!

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

Ezekeel posted:

Seriously though the sheer amount of promises scattered over tons of articles, videos and so on will make this a massive project.

Yeah I'm really hoping there will be people here interested in helping with the content once I have the website up and running. There's just way too much out there to do this alone. I'll gladly give anyone with a history in this thread full rights to modify and add content.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
It sexually excites me to know that cig is going to collapse and there will be backers who cry, get depressed, and possibly kill themselves. Along with the knowledge that Sandi and chris will probably never have jobs again and they are the laughing stock of the entire industry makes me hard.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Kakarot posted:

Yea!!!!!!

…and I'm only half-kidding with that one. It's a seriously good game. Even the revamped vehicle sections are good (if you ever watched the C&I LP of the prequel game, you might be dreading those — in this version, even the podrace is acceptable).

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Never forgive, never forget : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qexLUpQJPw8

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

alf_pogs posted:

derek smart owned you

:perfect:

The incoming poo poo storm it's going to be glorious

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
By now I have dropped any desire to see this game come out in any form. I want to see it all burn in glorious cleansing fire.

Maybe not your forte, but since we are leaking: how much ill-gotten money is left?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42zp9a/only_one_unmelt_with_store_credit/

And it just goes on and on...

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

How is it possible to be this retarded and live any kind of life in the real world?

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Illegal Move posted:

Yeah I'm really hoping there will be people here interested in helping with the content once I have the website up and running. There's just way too much out there to do this alone. I'll gladly give anyone with a history in this thread full rights to modify and add content.

We would need someone who is good at rummaging through tons of data, find the relevant bits and link them together. Like an accountant. Help us, Karl, you are our only hope!

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.
EightAce, I'm glad you're OK man. Please don't risk your job by spilling juicy bits of gossip to us.

PS Does she sorta move like a bird? With her head all darting around and poo poo?
Is Lesnick as intolerable as he seems? Apologies if you are Lesnick.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

EightAce, I'm glad you're OK man. Please don't risk your job by spilling juicy bits of gossip to us.

PS Does she sorta move like a bird? With her head all darting around and poo poo?

EightAce if you're Ben just know that I'm not sorry for saying you're a fat man titty having lazy gently caress who I would be ok with the suicide option when this goes dick up.

BUT points for snitchin for our entertainment

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

If you are Ben you have an entire loving thread of people to help you get out of your slump. Please reach out to someone.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wtf is an unmelt token

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

If I use the nick name that people call her then I may as well stick crosshairs on my forehead. Its not nice though .... but very funny

...Coast.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Romes128 posted:

Wtf is an unmelt token

Until we can work out the database smegma you will be given 1 (One) unmelt token which allows you to use the funds you have already given us to repurchase a jpeg. All others after the first must be repurchased via credit card only.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sillybones posted:

Until we can work out the database smegma you will be given 1 (One) unmelt token which allows you to use the funds you have already given us to repurchase a jpeg. All others after the first must be repurchased via credit card only.

So it's like store credit basically? But they get charged for using it, and if they use the token they won't get charged?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

I hope it's something incredibly horrible that makes her cry when she finds out.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Romes128 posted:

So it's like store credit basically? But they get charged for using it, and if they use the token they won't get charged?

Partly, but its main role is to allow backers to repurchase one unique ship that they have previously “melted” (turned into store credit) and which is no longer available through normal channels.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

Partly, but its main role is to allow backers to repurchase one unique ship that they have previously “melted” (turned into store credit) and which is no longer available through normal channels.

Ohh ok

So why was this token given? Cause of the whole star marine thing?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Romes128 posted:

Ohh ok

So why was this token given? Cause of the whole star marine thing?

Because not even CIG's most ardent supporters accepted the nonsensical idea that you'd have to pay more money to get a ship you had already paid for. So CIG compromised and offered them one (1) “undo”.

It still doesn't make any sense, but at least now Chris doesn't have to be annoyed by people asking why the company can't do a simple DB query to see if someone had previously purchased a ship.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

EightAce posted:

I wrote a long post and then deleted it. Its turning into Custers last stand and I just don't want to get people in trouble . I have already said to much I reckon and if people get in the poo poo because of whats discussed here and the very obvious source then that is nothing but bad.
I can highlight some stuff in bullet points but nothing at Derek Smart level of excitement
- A couple of very public faces have left CIG UK right under everyone's noses. This may be out there already . You will know who if you check ATV and all that bollocks and then see who doesn't appear anymore. Not actual game developers just CS monkeys but significant none the less. The old adage poo poo rolls down hill is never so true when you are involved with CIG ... B4TBG email exchange is still causing fallout ... and all the wrong people are getting blamed
- I know what they are currently concentrating on , it is simply unbelievable . I cant say what it is for obvious reasons but it is up there with the farming module. talk about fiddling while Rome burns .....
- All the jobs being advertised are legit and they are getting really desperate now to fill those positions. However they just cant and Mr Smart's blogs are being cited as the reason. if anyone is interested they are paying above industry standard but you might only have the job for another 12 months at best.
- The whole animation system is simply hosed. You are looking at a team of very competent animators working flat out for a year or two to get anything working properly.
- Sq42 looks absolutely stunning (The space bits) FP stuff looks like a PS1 game and no one seems to give a poo poo. However it is not a game, there is no game play or direction. Nothing just amazing graphics in an editor. The whole thing is in a constant state of flux and a dev cycle that was already floundering is now totally FUBARED because the emperor himself is taking a hand in it personally. Some big news outlets have been in there recently doing all sorts of walk around's and interviews.
- All the hilarity and fallout from 10ftc, Starmarine being cancelled and the reddits etc have caused absolutely no concern whatsoever. Literally no one gives a gently caress. The attitude is , ' Its just noise let them have their fun we know better'. Chris in particular is totally detached from it all

The other stuff I cant talk about at the moment because it will be so obvious where its coming from

is it the drink simulator? i hope it is

ahahah crobbers you are a real piece of poo poo

Staircase posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...on-these-issues

Is this another promise they're silently abandoning?

i still cant believe the pilot can blackout from g-forces while everyone else is perfectly fine. IMMERSION!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jan 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

Romes128 posted:

EightAce if you're Ben just know that I'm not sorry for saying you're a fat man titty having lazy gently caress who I would be ok with the suicide option when this goes dick up.

BUT points for snitchin for our entertainment

Yeah I don't require a blood debt from any cig employees past or present, just refund people or at least an apology for being so lovely.

• Locked thread