Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Dementropy posted:

Now I'm picturing him as Holly from Red Dwarf.

Huh. Chris Roberts giving Sandi some bedroom eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

alf_pogs posted:

i don't want to get too excited but i feel like we're reaching peak "its happening"

is it doomsday?

DEREK

IS IT DOOMSDAY???
I don't think doomsday will be today, even assuming Derek's latest blog is released into the wild on time, rather set your expectations for serious :gary:

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Dementropy posted:

Now I'm picturing him as Holly from Red Dwarf.

So Derek Smart is Queeg?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Dear CIG employee reading the thread,
Now that thread resident Pgabz has detected a serious and sloppy error with the Star Citizen crime and punishment and griefing system, it would be of benefit to the continued development of your product to invite Pgabz to join the CIG Private Testers, Testing For (no) Money.

This would be of great hilarity and will also help CIG find the programmer responsible, so that he may be punished by having Sandi chew his head off with her mandibles.

Thank you for your service commando.
Lots of love.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Fatkraken posted:

So Derek Smart is Queeg?

And the goons trolling shitizens are polymorphs.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The blog is pretty good, but it probably won't be good enough for some people so expect salt :emo:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Unfunny Poster posted:

This was probably already posted here, if not. Recently ~director logs from the EVE Goons came out and there was some pretty :yikes: stuff posted (eg. demanding CCP do what they want, smugging about CCP's PR guy potentially getting in trouble because of not doing what they want, etc.). It's all pretty long and mostly bleh but if you have the time and want to check them out, they're on the front page of the r/EVE subreddit at the moment called "GSF Jabber Logs."

Anyway this dumbo posted this thread about Derek for some reason.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4edr1z/what_is_the_difference_between_derek_smart_and/

I know that name, hes a grade A shitizen

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

:laffo:

I love this thread

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Man, looking at Line of Defense forums on steam... People get banned for the most random stuff. Even serious questions are met with "YOUR A TROLL AND NOW BANNED."

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Alert - there's a greeble problem in the crotch area...

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Double post.

grimcreaper posted:

Man, looking at Line of Defense forums on steam... People get banned for the most random stuff. Even serious questions are met with "YOUR A TROLL AND NOW BANNED."

Lies! There's no way would Derek would ever use "your" incorrectly like that.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Dark Off posted:

Today this happened in smart discord.
can anyone verify if its true?

It's true that some CIG staff used to work at Heavy Iron Studios

Calix Reneau, Designer at Cloud Imperium Games
Past - Game Designer, Heavy Iron Studios

Kirk Tome, Lead Technical Designer at Cloud Imperium Games
Past - Creative Director, Heavy Iron Studios, Inc.

Kirk Tome was also at Big Red Button Entertainment, Inc. inbetween Heavy Iron Studios & CIG
Mark McCall, Technical Animator at Cloud Imperium Games
Past - Technical Artist / Character Rigger, Big Red Button Entertainment, Inc

Starting a studio fast means that you get random people and then people start getting jobs for their friends as the industry is so small, you can see this a little in reverse if you look to see where some of the leavers ended up. In the UK the core of Foundry 42 came from Travellers Tales, they shipped a lot of games so that's probably a good thing, I'm sure it's not always a positive thing though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omW08x__vvw&t=777s

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

A video approaches.
Not much time to play tonight, but some fun was had

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGfQvQai_fc

This is a fun video. I'm glad the naughty boy timer seems to be based on your computer's clock. Would be terrible if they had anything persistent or competent.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Chalks posted:

Whether or not anything else he says is meant to be taken literally is a subject for debate.

I asked him when he was adding the farming module to LOD about a month ago, and he said 'two weeks'. Needless to say I have felt grief.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Phenylalanine is likely a allergy warning, it's probably sweetened with aspartame. Do you guys sweeten your drugs?
It's "a spoonful of sugar" America, not "sugar substitute pill casing" :argh:

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Danceycat seems to be in the driver's seat.

e: Referring to the final image.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

AP posted:

I don't think doomsday will be today, even assuming Derek's latest blog is released into the wild on time, rather set your expectations for serious :gary:

i like to act all hype but any real hype i have is goin solidly into dark souls 3 right now

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Sunswipe posted:

Please let this turn into a siege. Croberts and wife are desperately trying to open the vault in the basement and can't because Chris changed the access code in a cocaine-fuelled fit of arm-waving. Derek Smart is crawling through the vents, muttering promises to say "Yippee-ki-ay, motherfucker" in two weeks time. The police try to break into the building with an armoured car, only to be foiled by Lando and Money rolling Ben out of a window, crushing the APC.

Ortwin is the big blonde german, money is the police officer who shoots him at the end....

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Hi,

Swearing at the videogame is no doubt really fun, but dont forget to call your parents every so often. they love you

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game
There should be an effortpost tracker of this thread

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

lol if you're hyped even a little bit for a flaccid derek blog post

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
This ARG is getting boring, QUICK REDDIT WE NEED A CASH INJECTION.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Google Butt posted:

lol if you're hyped even a little bit for a flaccid derek blog post

CIG/DSmart: Wow me. Don't worry I am not waiting with baited breath.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Chris McLeod is listed as
Lead Artist
Heavy Iron Studios, Inc.
September 2007 – Present (8 years 8 months)

But if you check his website and scroll down.

quote:

Star Citizen Naval Officer Uniform
(Prototype Character Uniform for Cloud Imperium Games)
- Sculpted in Zbrush -
- Retopologized in 3D Coat and Maya -
- Textured using ZBrush, 3D Coat and Photoshop -
- Rendered in Cry Engine -

Maybe CIG has some sort of deal with Heavy Iron Studios

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I come back to this thread 1,500 posts later and it's exactly the same as when I left

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

AP posted:

It's true that some CIG staff used to work at Heavy Iron Studios

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

What happened to Ben?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

I think it's interesting that they worked on Disney Infinity, I expect the "baby pu" to pop up "toy box full" messages when too much is going on.

Though Disney Infinity does have a lot more content.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/RayRoocroftCIG/status/719785801022861312

Pls give us money

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

I.N.R.I posted:

Hi,

Swearing at the videogame is no doubt really fun, but dont forget to call your parents every so often. they love you

they cut the wire to my basement den. Sadly lost contact as well to the lower level where my wife/daughter was.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I found the best tank top

I am going to buy this commandos

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
CLOUD IMPERIUM GAMES CHOOSES SIMPLYGON April 28, 2014

quote:

"Star Citizen is an amazing title with huge interest and Cloud Imperium's decision to use Simplygon is a massive validation of what we do for developers...enabling them to work faster, more efficiently, and ultimately deliver the best AAA game to players." Cloud Imperium Chief Creative Officer and Co-founder Chris Roberts said, “When I was first prototyping Star Citizen back in 2011 I did a lot of research on various LOD processes as I knew this would be important considering the large poly counts I was aiming for. Simplygon was the best tool that I used and the folks at Donya Labs were incredibly patient and supportive of me and Star Citizen in our early days when the game was far from a sure thing. I couldn’t be happier to announce that Simplygon is our official LOD tool for Star Citizen.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXuUwrq1Rg0

Wheels are simplygon

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Do they make it free every other week now?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Assuming they last a while longer, when sales dry up, Star Citizen will go free to play, they won't turn anyone without a game package away and risk losing some money.

AP fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Apr 12, 2016

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:downsrim:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:rip:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Motherfucker why you need to be running a bank heist to steal gold in space? There's a single asteroid in our solar system that contains an estimated $60tr of gold why would I loving bother robbing a bank to get at something that's everywhere.

gently caress you chris you are worthless.

Fatkraken posted:

So Derek Smart is Queeg?

Crobber gets all his space knowledge from the Junior Encylopedia of Space ("it's the only one he can find with pictures")

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

They sure are doing free fly's a lot lately.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/326377/heist

enableHeists=true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Chalks posted:

Whether or not anything else he says is meant to be taken literally is a subject for debate.

I have to disagree I have noticed many instances in the past where Dr Smart has said "2 weeks' or 'just wait, 2 weeks' and then lo and behold two weeks pass and some funny and embarrassing revelation about space citizen occurs.

• Locked thread