Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

ManofManyAliases posted:

Back guys! Had to deal with a couple things at work, but just now catching up.

Yeah I bet it's been pretty hectic at CIG Legal these last few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

peter gabriel posted:

Looks great!

It's loving awesome, look at all the commandos pole-vaulting halfway across the galaxy in their underwear

GENIUS

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/ChambersArt/status/741299472144039936

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Anyone have that image of spacecat asking the Tpose citizen stuck in the ground if he's okay?

cutest catte :kimchi:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

9 of those people were only there for the week.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

COMMUNITY ISSUE COUNCIL STAR CITIZEN ALPHA 2.4.0S ON PTU ISSUE REPORT SC-22450 2.4.0 T EXTRA HAND

quote:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1 pull out any gun (most visible with handgun)
2 look at extra hand
3 watch looks of horror given by other citizens

ACTUAL RESULT
I have an extra distorted hand growing out the side of my right hand, and it stays until suicide, easy to see with handgun and during flight, clips through face while reloading

EXPECTED RESULT
I should not have a third hand.

EVIDENCE
FROM THE CREATOR / 5

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Well that's unfortunate. Good thing project is in a test phase and they can work these bugs.

ManofManyAliases fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 10, 2016

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well that's unfortuneate. Good thing project is in a test phase and they can work these bugs.

For sure! They're close to ironing them out almost as fast as they make them.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well that's unfortuneate. Good thing project is in a test phase and they can work these bugs.

MOMA how do you feel about the flagrant and repeated copyright abuse by CIG?

Do you think that tagging customers on their backend zendesk as 'snowflake' or 'high maintenance' is in any way unprofessional?

Do you agree they should be sanctioned in the UK for violating UK Data Protection law?

Shouldn't they maybe acknowledge their mistakes and apologise to their customers rather than try to delete everything and hide the evidence of their malfeasance?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yeah, they're adding new mutations of old bugs each patch :D

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

PST posted:

Do you think that tagging customers on their backend zendesk as 'snowflake' or 'high maintenance' is in any way unprofessional?

Do you agree they should be sanctioned in the UK for violating UK Data Protection law?

Shouldn't they maybe acknowledge their mistakes and apologise to their customers rather than try to delete everything and hide the evidence of their malfeasance?

it was all clickwrapped in the tos you never signed so it doesn't matter

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Welcome back, MoMA. Care to comment about the fact that Goonfear is at an all time high in the Star Citizen community?

How will you be working to manage this issue?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

PST posted:

I'm indifferent. Plus, I can't really comment on any of that.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm indifferent.

That's the spirit!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beet Wagon posted:

Welcome back, MoMA. Care to comment about the fact that Goonfear is at an all time high in the Star Citizen community?

How will you be working to manage this issue?

Goonfear? All time high? Source?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=460872197#post460872197

ManofManyAliases posted:

Plus, I can't really comment on any of that.

Sure you can.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 10, 2016

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

i dont know

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:laffo::laffo::laffo:

nice one

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

Well that's unfortunate. Good thing project is in a test phase and they can work these bugs.

Just so we're all on the same page, which disaster/fuckup is it you're here to deflect from today?

Is it the revelations on yesterday's AtV that Squadron 42 is in the very early days of development and years away from release?

quote:

Sean Tracy talking about AI in Squadron 42:
- we need them having CONVERSATIONS with you
- we need them giving you MISSIONS
- we need... ah... all level of... all levels of different INTERPLAY between it
- we've got so much CONTENT that we HAVE TO GET IN
- we have to figure out the BEST WAY to get it in
- we've got HOURS AND HOURS OF CINEMATICS
- we've got... hours and hours of GAMEPLAY that has to play between the two
- we have to be very intelligent over how we actually implement this

Brian Chambers talking about Squadron 42:
- we're creating a system from the foundation
- a lot of that focus has been on, is 'OK, what is that SOLID FOUNDATION'
- all that with AI in it, that's just... MESS

Sean Tracy on Squadron 42:
- we have so many questions like that...
- if you've gotta wait a few hours for that answer you can't just really quickly COME UP WITH A NICE DESIGN PLAN

Or is it the list of stuff we've been discussing and adding to behind your back, that isn't even a fraction of the stuff that's been exposed and discussed to date?

quote:

Senior staff leaving,
Art people leaving
60 odd vacancies on their company site for the entirety of 2016
Terms of service being changed
A AUS$40,000 refund a few days ago
Stolen artwork
Cancelled E3 appearance
Star Marine touted for a year and then vanishing
Paid for ships overdue by years
Broken engine
Broken networking
Obsolete and broken patching system
Fake funding chart
Ex-employees on the record about everything from nepotism to racism
Customer service reps lying about chargebacks being fraud
Customer service tagging users based on off-site activity
Customer service stalking users social media
The company director pleading for tier one devs on a youtube video before loving off on holiday
Company premises and equipment used for the boss's wife's fledgling film career
Mocap studios and equipment bought and paid for yet sitting redundant and unused
Ben Lesnick, Developer

Execute
Apr 25, 2014

*Insert Electric Noise Here*
Been too long since I was here last. Nothing has changed, same poo poo different bucket.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Danakir posted:

The sins of not sticking to the party line and showing moderation in his views of the thralls of the Great Enemy. But it's okay, like I've said, I'm sure all will be forgiven in due time.

Not that I actually disagree in the least.

I don't think our Mighty Warlord disagrees either, truthfully.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Execute posted:

Been too long since I was here last. Nothing has changed, same poo poo different bucket.

To be fair, the bucket was probably stolen though.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

ManofManyAliases posted:

NDAs can be a cast iron bitch. The trick is to not be afraid to spread your wings

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

AP posted:

COMMUNITY ISSUE COUNCIL STAR CITIZEN ALPHA 2.4.0S ON PTU ISSUE REPORT SC-22450 2.4.0 T EXTRA HAND

"I have an extra distorted hand growing out the side of my right hand, and it stays until suicide"

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

SomethingJones posted:

Just so we're all on the same page, which disaster/fuckup is it you're here to deflect from today?

Is it the revelations on yesterday's AtV that Squadron 42 is in the very early days of development and years away from release?

Or is it the list of stuff we've been discussing and adding to behind your back, that isn't even a fraction of the stuff that's been exposed and discussed to date?

tutorial disabled too

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Outwardly: dumbly, I float about, a thing that could never have been known as human, a thing whose shape is so alien a travesty that humanity becomes more obscene for the vague resemblance.

Inwardly: Alone. Here. Living over the giant, far from the station, in the belly of CIG, whom we funded because our time was badly spent and we must have believed consciously that CRoberts could do it better. At least the leavers are safe at last.

CIG will be all the madder for that. It makes me a little happier. And yet ... CIG has won, simply ... it has taken its revenge ...

I have no mouth. And I must scream.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

ManofManyAliases posted:

So when will the new ToS be released?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

ManofManyAliases posted:

poo poo who could comment on it - it's only the biggest clusterfuck in gaming history and you have proven time and again you have nothing to deliver to the discussion.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

ManofManyAliases posted:

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Ill spread my wings slightly if you will MOMA. The artist who did most of the strike vector picture got reamed out on the phone by Sandi. Theyre still down about it they might even leave.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Nation posted:

poo poo who could comment on it - it's only the biggest clusterfuck in gaming history and you have proven time and again you have nothing to deliver to the discussion.

rekt

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

SurfaceDetail posted:

Ill spread my wings slightly if you will MOMA. The artist who did most of the strike vector picture got reamed out on the phone by Sandi. Theyre still down about it they might even leave.

You should ask why they did that

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Google Butt posted:

You should ask why they did that

Its common practice for internal art so everyone is on the same page conceptwise in a timely fashion. Selling this poo poo for marketing and posters is uncharted territory and i dont think they really thought about it at all. Kinda sad. Definitely not a shady or malicious person imo.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Picked up Overwatch, really fun game, although I have not played a PVP FPS for like 5+ years so boy do i suck.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

SomethingJones posted:

Nothing - just here to chill; shoot the breeze.

Nation posted:

Nope. Please tell me how that makes you feel.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

1500 posted:

Picked up Overwatch, really fun game, although I have not played a PVP FPS for like 5+ years so boy do i suck.

Its awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
did you just prove my point but try to sound smug doing it

• Locked thread