Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
A bit unrelated, but is this the thread where I can get one of those sweet spinning elephant avs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Who do you need insurance for an internet spaceship?! It's not even a tangible object! :psyduck:

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
How far up your own rear end does your head need to be that you'd think it's a great idea to go on a literal nazi webthing to talk about vidya games? :psyduck:

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Derek Smart, more like derek parp

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Gryphon0468 posted:

May LAMP bless you.

So what's the deal with the ikea lamp?

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

AROUND THE VERSE: Episode 2.7
November 24th, 2015 Under Construction

Intro [Sandi+Ben]

S: Welcome back to Around The Verse, I'm Sandi Gardiner.
B: And I'm Ben Lesnick.
S: This week on(?)the ATV interview, Jared sits down with Vanessa Landeros(?) to discuss her work as a character animator.
B: And we continue with character animations with David Peng who shows us where Star Citizen dances come from.

S: But first, we've moved into our new studios! Talk about the new studio move
B: Talk about how we're still building sets for our curious(?) productions

S: And more importantly: 2.0 is out on the PTU!
B: Ben talks about the PTU

S: Of course, 2.0 on the PTU launched right after our Anniversary Livestream! Talk about the Anniversary Livestream
B: Ben talks about the Anniversary Livestream

S: And with the third Anniversary of Star Citizen comes our Anniversary Sale.
B: Ben talks about the sale including the CCU system

S: Wow, it's been a busy two weeks. But now let's check in with our studios around the week in News From Around the Verse!

News from Around the Verse

(?) Studios

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this thread is healthy and good because it encourages people to not spend money on a game.

Um, actually, I just bought E:D because of this thread. :shobon:

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

ThomasPancake posted:

I actually occupy a rather nice space between cute and handsome

Wait, poo poo, I'm confused. Is rolling with the punches supposed to come before or after being the puppetmaster?

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

My cat lives for poo poo like this ha ha

Yes.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

WHAT EXCITEMENT HOW DO I PLAY THIS EXCITING ROLE?

Moving around resources gives me such a spergboner. But that's what openttd is for.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

That fuckin gallery. Holy poo poo. The first one is great.

That'll be those birds the crobber was talking about.

Yeah those are pretty fun if you can get past the jank.

I'd sell all my spessships in an instant for an eagle. (I don't have any spaceships. :( )

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

EminusSleepus posted:

Azmodan and Ben have some similarities

Is it the nipple rings?

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Nyeehg posted:

I know nothing about art. Yet for reasons I can't explain, this poster offends me.

Maybe it's just that hideous dome they've covered the clock tower with but the perspective looks really off in that image. The tree behind the left side of the town hall appears to be clipping through the dome. Additionally, as a result of the oversized glass dome, there doesn't seem to be enough space between the Manchester brand offices and the town hall to fit a footpath (let alone roads).

I can't name it but the ship in the foreground (flying past Manchester offices) appears to be flying way too low.The exhaust trails coming behind it show it's going a pretty fast speed (as opposed to just hovering towards a landing pad), so it looks to be on a collision course. Why the civilians aren't running in fear is beyond me.

The brickwork (bridge? Building? Arch?) in the lower left looks really out of place. It looks like a doctored photo and really clashes with all the other buildings stylistically. Worse, the neon signs ("VISIT US" ">>") clash with the otherwise detailed brickwork and look like they were just cut and paste over it. Makes it look like a poorly shopped photograph. Doesn't help that the bridge awkwardly just stops at the glass dome.

How much they charging for this crap again?

i needed this. Thanks for that. Hopefully I can expand my limited repertoire.

Like all the other stuff put out by CIG it's a mess of cobbled together poo poo.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

This has been said before, but goddamn if these people aren't all about measuring their e-dicks and feeling important. They could have done this in any game but Crobbers has somehow managed to attract them all to his special brand of the new death.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

alf_pogs posted:

is elite dangerous worth getting on console? id need to do some minor pc upgrades to get it runnin smooth but if its just the same on console id do that

How old is your computer? I'm running Elite fine on an old 2.4ghz core2 duo, 8gb ram, and a geforce gtx 750. It hangs for 5-10 seconds when loading galaxy- and star maps, but otherwise than that it's a smooth ride.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Haha, I think I got banned 3 times from the chat. They don't like questions about star marine at all.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Ok from here on I don't eat crab for ethical reasons

Crabs are people

There's a short BBC clip about hermit crabs exchanging shells on youtube, voiced by none other than Sir David Attenborough :kimchi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLUAoTjdmZ8

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Tokamak posted:

I have three 4k monitors.

I have 4000 monitors each showing me 3 pixels. This is practically the same.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

That's a ponygoon.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

No. I tend not to associate with fucktards. Plus one? Yeah. But two? Not a chance.

You don't have to count the guy in the mirror.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Sperglord posted:

I'm bringing this back up because I like the design theory behind the Orion. I looked like a low-tech warship without artificial gravity or a cyclic generator driven laser cannon/particle beam ship. It does not look like a miner in any shape or form. I wouldn't call it unique, but a culmination of similar past ship designs by other artists.

If I had a chance to put that ship into a game: The Orion looks like a high-technological end of a pre-artificial gravity spacefleet. The forward end would point towards later ship designs, while the aft retains the rotating sections for the crew. However, CIG, is driven by Robert's Rule of Cool, so coherency be damned.

Wait... whatever happened to the Shuban mining station? Did that base, which was supposed to hold SQ42, just disappear from CIG altogether?

There's nothing high-technological about that ship when it comes to the spinning section; in fact its design is downright stupid.

Ok, so Newton says that for every reaction there is an opposite equal reaction. If you've got an office chair you can try the rotational analogue out for yourself. Sit on the chair, and try to make it rotate by rotating your body. It'll work if you rotate your upper body counter to the direction you rotate your lower body and the net rotational force you exert is around zero.
For the ship you've got two sections rotating one way, but only one section counter-rotating, so there is a net rotational force along the ships central length axis proportional to the force that the missing section should have exerted. Unless you compensate for this by continuously having some sort of counter thruster going, this ship will rotate.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

I.N.R.I posted:

Yall need a hug from your mommies ASAP

Can I get a hug from you?

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

First, nice of you to troll public records looking for me.

FYI, I got a Red light camera ticket early this year. I paid an attorney $75 to beat it, since it was wrong (and court ruled illegal). Never stepped foot in a court building. Nice try.

When I come back from lunch, since it was already revealed to me that you are a CIG plant, now it would be my turn to uncover who you are, so you can end the bullshit. You have your "mate" to thank for that. And that's why I have a lockbin account.

Remember, you started this. And you had many chances to not make this personal. You should probably go back to the guide you were given.

bbl

Don't stop, I am almost there! :jackbud:

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Hey guys I found a CIG plant.
:classiclol:

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
No one has posted a cat in, like, pages.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Happy Sisyphus posted:

anyone else thinking about having a meltdown itt?

no because I don't care.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

KM Scorchio posted:

Some people take the Internet far too seriously.

I'm serious about the lack of cats in this thread.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Gosh darnit Bronson. Stop.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

FrankieGoes posted:

What a dildo.

It's an ocelot, dude.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Hey guys this looks totally legit.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
To honor my grandfather I will contract tuberculosis and forge some identification cards.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Made in paint because crobbers don't deserve better.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Looks like Lesnick ate 'em, what was it?

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Is ilk some kind of sperg only word? I haven't met it before I started glancing over shitizens' posts.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Star Citizen physics explained by a snake.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

unfortunately all anonymous sources have to be summarily dismissed

An anonymous source tells me you're smart and funny. v:shobon:v

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

i don't want to see positivity. i want to see objectivity.

but you've proven you can't do it. take a look at the last 10-20 posts i've made, and the responses.

Just for your viewing pleasure I went and found the first star citizen thread made back in 2012. People were objectively positive about the game back then, sorry our positivity is no longer objective I guess.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3511398

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

i hope you all understand that it's very hard to get onto your wank wagon based solely on your words.

as i said before, the only thing i lose of this goes south is a couple hundred bucks and the hope of playing something like this. i'm not a raving fanboy and i don't think they can make it to a happy ending. but i'm also not an irrational hater.

so, show me the goods. show me how you know neither game is ever coming out. show me its a money collecting scam. that, my friends, is the only way the conversation turns

until then, i have no more reason to believe it won't come out some form than to believe it will. and as a gamer i hope it still does.

if it doesn't, have fun waiting another decade for someone to have the balls to try again

Okay you don't like the tone of the current discussion, or whatever. Sorry bub, can't help you there. I linked the thread to show that people used to be very optimistic about star citizen on these forums. That optimizm has obviously vanished since then, and that's something I think is something worth wondering: Why are people no longer optimistic about star citizen?

Personally I don't have a whole lot at stake here: I haven't backed star citizen at all, and I only read this thread so I can laugh at nerds.

I can't show you conclusive proof about the fate of the games because I don't have any. But also because I don't owe it to you to prove anything.
My opinion, based on reading this thread from the start and the previous thread is that star citizen and squadron 42 are absolute poo poo and they will not be the wonderful games as advertised.

This thread is full of circumstantial evidence showing that the management at CIG is rotten to the core and that funds are being wasted. Again it's not my duty to dig this stuff up for you, do your own homework.

• Locked thread