Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all

Dunite posted:

This is incredible.

Also can you still crash ships if you have an account that no longer has any packages on it?

Buy $45 package. Enjoy crashing your Aurora or Mustang into things.

Unless you can find someone to give you one of those $30 ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

http://gfycat.com/HandsomeFarDiscus

I want to do this to every pilot and just as I finish. Someone rams their ship.

Best introduction to how this game will be.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Headbob makes me puke. Bleh... Motion blur is stupid as well.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

I was on a Discord server and Star Citizen got randomly brought up. I said I had a cheap $20 pack from last years anniversary sale but that I was displeased with the progress of the game. Random guy proceeds to explain to me how an alpha works. I told him that wasn't the issue I had with the game.

"But dude, it's alpha."
That's great. I understand they are still working on the game. My main issues are that after 5 years, nothing works. The way they are alpha'ing is broken and stupid. They are working on making pretty explosions and hiring actors before actually having a finished or nearly finished product. They should come clean and say multiplayer is not going to be ready for 2016 and focus on single player. And maybe stop buying expensive furniture.
"Dude you have no idea how an alpha works. You're so dumb. They are still building the game."
.......................... So you agree that the game won't be finished for a 2016 release?
"Lol dude let me link you to wikipedia about what an alpha means."
I understand what an alpha is. Do you think they will be able to progress from alpha to feature finished game by 2016? Working single player AND working multiplayer?
"Dude you're so loving stupid. I'm done with this conversation." *Leaves Discord*
:suicide101:

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

One quick question, how is that supposed to land?

By impaling itself on the nearest cap ship.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

HexDog posted:

What's the story on this Jared Disco Lando guy? Every time I see him on the shows he looks like a homeless man.

Wasn't he just some hardcore fan that pretty much kept asking for a job and CIG relented and gave him some lovely job?

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Holy poo poo. If Sandi finds out he's even remotely saying negative things he's going to get the axe. Which is sad. He made Mechwarrior Living Legends which is superior in every way to MWO. It's just too bad it never got as popular and that "supposedly" PGI put some legal pressure on them since they own the IP right now.

Man. I miss MW:LL.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Incombibulator posted:

I wonder if we can get her killed off early...?

Who am I kidding, she's going to be immortal. Fuuuuck.

I wonder if she'll be the new maniac. I loving hate him and blew him up at the start of every mission outside the carrier.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Have you guys seen the self destruct that is Shroud of the Avatar? It went on Kickstarter not long after Star Citizen. Richard Garriott promised much of what Chris Roberts promised and got almost $2 million and left the funding open on his website.

Basically, it has a "working" game but it is very featureless and incomplete from what I hear. Look at the Steam reviews! http://store.steampowered.com/app/326160/

I'm seeing a TON of the same things that lead to SotAs demise and upset userbase happening in Star Citizen. SotAs isn't gettin noticed as much because it made "less" money than SC but the same practices of taking cash, not adding poo poo is apparent. People are being so bold as to sell their accounts on the kickstarter page AND on the official SotAs forums. :lol:

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 3, 2016

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

gently caress it.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

EightAce is The Wuldge. Poe's Law.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Someone asked if there was a Worlds Adrift thread. I just made one. Unlike Star Citizen they actually like. Have a game. Will it be good? I dunno. Probably not but if it's only around $30 and I can make people mad then it'd be worth it.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765183

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Did Dolvak ACTUALLY get removed?!?

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Now that Dolvak is out. We need to implement the next step: You must be a Premium User to view this message.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Nope. No concern at all. In fact, I'd like them to continue hating me as a reminder that I lurk in their wildest wet dreams.

That is HOT!

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

What if EightAce is the CIG employee assigned to watch this thread? Perfect cover.

Sandi: "What are the goons up to since I went to bed?"

8Ace: "Nothing... nothing at all..." :smuggo:

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Mar 2, 2016

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Sorry. Did I miss this earlier in the thread by chance?

Is the helmet flip in this Doom 4 Video a small jab at Star Citizen or just one of those cool factors that everybody does and I've just only now noticed because of how lovely it was done in Star Citizen?

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/491beh/why_keep_a_300i/

Is this someone here trolling this poor guy or is that seriously what Shitizens are telling people to do now?

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Mar 5, 2016

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Bolow posted:

Shattered Horizon and Natural Selection 2 are both amazing games no one bothers to play, and it infuriates me to no end

Yeah. NS2 still has a few servers going but it's slowly dying out sadly. Loved NS1 and 2.

Super sad that more people didn't get into SH. It was amazing space FPS.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

I got an email for my account to pay CIG $15.

I don't even have anything on the account anymore. O_o I haven't touched it for almost a year. It's just an empty account. CIG so desperate they have to scam twice? I saw the reddit post but I'm not going to throw my hat into that bullshit and get shitizen advice.

They can lock the account. I don't give a flying gently caress.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

I have a friend that does gaming news for a respectable website. I clued him in on what's going on. Hopefully something comes from it. He was pretty taken aback by it.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

I got 2 reporters on the line now. Not sure how to present the info.

Just give them the links to the worst poo poo and say have fun?

Edit: And Sandi/Ben when you read this. gently caress both of you.
Edit2: And gently caress you guy trying to lock my account for $15.

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Apr 17, 2016

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Jon Do posted:

probably with a summary that includes his history of moderation, particularly regarding women and dick wolf, and the part of the escapist article that accuses sandi of racist hiring practices

and then the parts where ben has tried to passive aggressively defend himself like "look we were all kids, i was in school" when he means teaching

make sure to include the ones where he talks about his very young female relatives creepily, even bad taste jokesters wouldn't bring up their sisters and poo poo.

poo poo man. I didn't do that great in College with my English Writing classes but I'll do my best.

Edit: I don't even know where to link for the moderation, dick wolf and the article. I remember that poo poo when it happened but gently caress me if I can find it anymore.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Hezzy posted:

I would come at it from the angle that Ben is the Community Manager for CIG, thus is directly responsible for representing the company. A company which has already had allegations of racism made about it.

Then give some overview about the lead up, that Ben posted this link on Twitter for all to see stating that he still found some of it funny. That it's a website with an extensive gallery of a news anchor and a quote database from a chat room he used to frequent when he was 25, with the majority of (if not all) quotes attributed to him.

Move on to show them some of the worst queries, such as "rape" "sex with" "hitler" "jews" "friend of the family"

Reiterate that this was a while ago now, possibly towards 2008. That Ben is however old now (DOB 19th April 1981)

However, he is a representative of the community and he has no issues with hosting offensive hate speech on his personal website. Then link to his statement where he doesn't apologise for any of it but gives some sort of excuse.

That would probably provide the most balanced view.

Can I get the twitter link of him saying he doesn't apologize for it? I'm looking for it too but off chance you already have it..I can only find the initial post and the one about a spider page.

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 17, 2016

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

So an update from page 3330. I posted that I had 2 reporters interested in the Ben horror website.

Now that Ben is deleting poo poo. Guess how much more interested they are in the story.

:getin:

SabinBlitz fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 18, 2016

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Heh, I just sent everything to Matt Wales at Kotaku.

Well poo poo. Do I even need to move forward with my guys then? I was just trying to be proactive but I should of have figured I was still too slow.

Oh well. The more the merrier at this point I guess.

I will say this. When I first told my 2 and that it involved Star Citizen... They were kind of hesitant. As in. "Oh.. the CM of THAT game............" and were kinda interested but not super interested. I'm in the process of doing the leg work of collecting poo poo to get to them tomorrow for our face to face chat. But as soon as I mentioned Ben was deleting poo poo. loving ears perked RIGHT up.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Guys I need your help for the reporters.

Ben has deleted all the galleries of Kerri-Lee. Did anybody archive them somewhere????

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Conversation with the reporters is over...

Ball is in their court now. They sound keen on playing....

Two weeks...

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

How much did Sandi pay to close thread down for a day?

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

I hope the reporters I was talking to got all the poo poo they needed before he did that.

I'll ask.

I assume web.archives has it all still yeah?

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Thread is so much slower now. Can actually catch up.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

The reporters I had on the case have suddenly backed off and closed ties with me.

*shrug* I guess Ben gahzi was too much to handle.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

@Gorf where is that super serious effort post you were going to post before thread lock?

Or did I just miss it?

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Anytime sandi makes a post of "Lol the guys hanging out" it's always the SAME loving 5 FAT FUCKS ALL THE loving TIME.

Where are the OTHER employees?!?!?

There are none

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

FrankieGoes posted:

I think the Vive is a bargain and I will confirm this as soon as I get mine.

I'm getting a Gear VR in the mail soon from Samsung for my S7E. I've heard those are pretty nifty for their size.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

I managed to obtain some SQ42 code from an insider

Even their coding process has full immersion. Beat that Activision.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Toops posted:

Dude... that looks really good. Basically SC without Crobberts there to gently caress it up.

drat that poo poo is legit.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

boviscopophobic posted:

I know that's just a rhetorical question, and also this answer is comparing apples to oranges, but a bit over 120K citizens have nominally been added since early February. Of that, just quickly eyeballing the chart, I'd guess that about 30-40K of them were brought in specifically by the free fly events. I have not seen evidence of significant short-term increases in funding based on increases in citizen count.

One thing we can't see is... how many of them bought a package and/or have actually STUCK around....

I'm guessing the line goes STEEP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

So Sandi openly admits she's in movies other than just the weekends now?

• Locked thread