Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

A Couple of things i learned from this video - they may need 125m to complete the game, it's cool if it doesn't work out, and this dude just got off a huge coke bender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
When we get to the part where we start telling them all to biomass and off themselves I have a ton of #broadcast4reps jokes.

none of the jokes are funny

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzxY4kiz_lg

This video should be kept up for a few more. New Eden, irrespective, of jump fatigue is still the de facto champ. Sorry if your space pilgrim in a 4wheeler sim ain't doing it. Let's call a truce and say let's take the 125m (sourced from that coke head video) and KickStart a petition to remove CCP Fozzie. (I'm only joking he's awesome)

Also, can we get more video recaps?

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is [url=]Cristian Romero[/url] aka /user/Tr3vayne/ aka @tr3vayne aka White Knight tr3vayne aka MES3rd on Facebook

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds, he is another one of my top cyberharassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds) who has engaged in not only doxing me, but also my kid and family members.

"Found his kid online, looks exactly like him."

"Guy needs to go away already for good."

Hey Cristian, since you're an adult over 30, with an actual job, and living in a State (Chula Vista, CA) that has some serious defamation laws like Florida. I'm coming for you. Pucker up.

The list of Usual Suspects thus far; all of who are engaged in a protracted CyberHarassment & CyberBullying campaign. Still reviewing and researching the others. Every single one of them is going to face legal action; and they are all going to be tied to Star Citizen and its abusive White Knight community.

Cristian Romero
Keith Elwood
Nick Butler
Trevor Noblitt
Wulf Knight

Your catch phrases are now spreading to the media (screw the copy at time feature just fast forward to 12:42)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V5ckcTSYu8

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
drat this thread. why can't i quit you?
:gary:
Oh yeah, that's the reason.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Amun Khonsu posted:

hey guys.. *cough*Star Marine is out*clearing throat*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gQMulb6T2o

Destiny is a way cooler game... And they have a halloween event going on. You should tell the OP of that video to let it go and goto Destiny.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

toanoradian posted:

I thought the thread had gone to uncomfortable places with the that's him in the wheelchair, but then :gary: happened and it become great again.

Also,

What's happening to this new deal?

Mounting evidence, however, makes clear that poor people were principal victims of the New Deal. (http://goo.gl/CIF8KJ)

let's just let this one ride and see where it pans out.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

alarumklok posted:

doxxing

doxxing

Doxxxing - going longer and deeper into your background information.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Does buttchuggin MtnDew Code Red count?

Mmmhm, the best MtnDew - except whiskey.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
Wait, tell me more about the Popsiclesticks?

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

lol the leather cap: in the future we are back in the 1940's

1941 - John Belushi (RIP) - Classics.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
Hush now little ones don't you cry. Go buy fallout 4 and be slightly happier.

Smooch.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

10 for the Chairman

Sorry if this was already posted...

Thanks for the link. I only made it to around 10m in before I couldn't take any more of this guys horrible project management skills and his answer to everything thats coming soon. I was fixated on his answer on escape pods and what happens to multi-crew on death. Since he doesn't do a decent job of answering I google'd death in Star Citizen. Outside the amazing number of posts referring to this game as walking death I found this great quote, 'But I’m not interested in making EVE 2.0 with cockpits.' (https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/12879-Death-Of-A-Spaceman)

What in the glorious hell would this franken-game even be if it comes out? But to parrot all the other voices, why can't anyone stop these people from taking more money?

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Justin Tyme posted:

You know what would actually be really nice open development? Screenshots/logs of every change they make to their main build through github or whatever they use (minus spoilerish stuff like "Fixed Mark Hamill's death scene"). But, yknow, open development.

How about just a screenshot of JIRA or even a Gantt chart that showed they actually have tasks that leads constructively to a SDLC. Maybe OP can chime in, but i have to think that there has to be more to making a game than the following:

1. Make JPEGS
2 ...
3. Profit

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
Got a call today at the office. it was something like this:

You: (yes space nerd you) I'm an unique snowflake. I believe I can fly. I may never be a astronaut but f*** you I'm super cool at numbers and calculations.
Reality: Have you heard of EvE?
You: F*** EvE - If i haven't played for 10 years I totally can't fly a XXXX
Reality: Well, listen. We all agree. Eve can be a hard game to get into, but ya know give us a chance. (Google Permaband)
You: Screw you, my psyche test show I'm highly prone to manipulation. I wont be mislead by some Icelandic nerds
Reality: Listen, maybe online gaming isn't your thing. Have you maybe considered therapy or a support group.
You: GODDAMNIT, YOU GUYS XANADU IS REAL, IT'S NOT A CULT. LOOK WE HAVE SC 2.0c ITS AMAZING, THE DREAM, FULL IMMERSION, I BREATHE PU.

Reality: we all wanted a better game. it's not going to happen. Log the F back into EvE and STFU.

-=if you don't. Literally CCP Guard will eat your children or your future children. It has written, so mote it be=-

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Jimb posted:

What the gently caress

Summed up 474+ pages for ya.. yer welcome

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
My giddy anticipation is for a game of the same sort of Ark or H1Z1 playable'ness in the near future (2 weeks) and then on that glorious day the Goons arrive on the gates of that game and then claim every station available (1 but 1000+ more soon). And then with the zeal and passion of true gamers they steal every GD spaceship and hold them hostage that we can make any and all that say the drat phrase 'I want to fly my connie' feel the sweet warm glow of how much their backer donations have led them to a realm of hell.

I also want zombies... Xmas is coming. I can't wait.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
Not sure if this is real or just a great black Friday trailer but thought the opening of this game on steam has a nice perspective on SC

http://store.steampowered.com/app/323380/

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
And all this while everyone thought it was creepy to mention Sandi in messages, well looks like she's now stalking me...

I'm thinking the ADP, Ghost, and GoogleBlock are just touching the surface of what is needed to block them from tracking you.

*edit holy size proportions

Wyld fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 18, 2015

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

can you imagine a high powered lawyer registered on the Something Awful Comedy Message Boards 2015 to argue with people about space ships

How is the Revival game coming along? Can we s'merge the threads so that Kickstarter and the public in large are protected against scams? No, wait, let them spend their money on silly things!

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
A buddy in Russia just sent me this link when I mocked his country - His reply "Ve Are not China"

RSI and Reddit archive Sesame Credit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHcTKWiZ8sI

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Last time I checked, they didn't have patch servers; and they were not using third-party CDN like Akamai, Edgecast etc. Outside of that, pushing 30GB (!) worth of data with each patch, leads to massive bandwidth costs. Ask any IT person to explain it.

LOD doesn't have two servers. It has two server clusters. Each cluster being made up of six servers. Each cluster serves as one cohesive "game server"

We don't have bandwidth costs for patches because our entire game is served via Steam, which, via SteamWorks (dev API), is actually a full blown patching system which you feed patch scripts and it intelligently does the rest for clients downloading it.

DS - Would you do me the honor of joining up with Eve and supporting my campaign for something of a Intergalactic Student Council? I think your tenacity would add a bit of pomp and circumstance to my campaign.

Go ahead mull it over, but then come on over to https://bit.ly/1lY0tT8 and let them know we stand together.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ravane posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEuY6-UM8VI

Please watch Derek Smart. It's incredible.

This is some good poo poo. Real good poo poo.

This was awesome! This should be archived by Reddit for the years to come!

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

I bet that poor kid's dream was that the Delorian had a flux capacitor and he could go back in time before him Mom made him audition for that POS video, but tbh my head did bounce a bit like night at the roxbury

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
Before this train hits the end of the tracks

http://youtu.be/Q4k3N5aO8XY

You're welcome.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Ravane posted:

I got the easy end of it, honestly. Dude stopped bothering me after the police discovered the Tsaranev brothers the next day.

I feel horrible for Sunil's family. Like I said, I don't know him or his family, but I saw the messages on their wall, it really bothered me how sociopathic people could be. Granted, not all of these people were redditors, some were from twitter and 4chan. But I mean, all it requires is a little bit of forethought that these people have a missing son, and there's no evidence that Sunil was involved besides his disappearance, maybe he's not a terrorist, and maybe there's no reason to involve an innocent family into an already tragic situation.

Reddit has a lot more of these stories, unfortunately. This hit home for me, which is why I'm more critical of reddit. Not to say that all redditors are like this. I have a lot of friends who reddit, and definitely no goon friends, as far as I know. But I think maybe the voting system might be intrinsically involved in why things like this happen. Or maybe it's a result of the size of reddit.

Anyway, I recognize I'm biased. But that's my story of why I prefer not to use reddit.

I think a slow loud resounding gently caress REDDIT - gently caress them all to death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSFZktZNySg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe

Exclusive Squadron 33 - This would have been the perfect opportunity to mock SC and be like Squadron 41 - Cause were here first bitches.

• Locked thread