Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Amarcarts posted:

Something I've been wondering about :
What was their reason they gave for choosing CryEngine?

Chris at that time thought beautiful pictures trumps scalability and I think he still believes that till now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

no_recall posted:

I think it was the opposite, Crytek was the one who gave them a reason.

he created a prototype, showed it to crytek..maybe some few cocaine sessions crytek decided to lend their thralls to him to further develop jpegs

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

CIG customer support when it comes to refunds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJXww8aizAM

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

G0RF posted:

He's effectively blind in his left eye and has been since he was a teenager. If he's explained what caused that before, I haven't heard it...

so that is why he hosed up the Cutlass

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

D_Smart posted:

They didn't give one. But since it was 2011, and given that CryEngine was capable of some drat fine pretty pictures, my guess is that's why.

No they promised CR people from crytek to help him on his game/prototype. That is why former CIG Dan Tracy is there together with that German dude. In which later on Chris poached them right under from crytek's nose

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Gerbil_Pen posted:

He posted about it once, childhood illness unrelated to weight.

Do you mean he is thin/fit when he was a child? I thought he is that big even on birth

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Barnsy posted:

So, about 4 years and they've built ONE station? Weren't there supposed to be dozens of different kinds?

it will be a "handcrafted" copy pasta stations and other assets

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

I bet those are Austin positions

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

G0RF posted:

Oh yeah? Well what do you think about THIS, huh?!

(No seriously what the hell is this?)

well that is what they call "Stretch Goal"

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Hopper posted:

Of course Ben is stress eating. Even if this game ever comes out he will never be able to experience it like others will. The super fan won't be able to keep up with the plebs, he will be unqualified to judge the game's true beauty because... have you ever tried VR with only 1 good eye?

wait! stretch goal idea, develop VR for one eyed people

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Cuntpunch posted:

I've worked with someone like Ben before - I suspect he's not a bad guy, he's just too drat invested emotionally in this project - and being told by his hero how great he is and how much he's contributing - that he just doesn't have any perspective on how completely hosed the whole situation is.

that is the main ingredient of a Cult...

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

where the gently caress is Krazy Karl?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

fuctifino posted:

4-8fps at some points in the vid. I love this bit best:

Linda Blair in space?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Sillybones posted:

Karl, you are literally reading this post.

The German 3rd Reich failed global domination because of people like Karl. Incompetent German accountants who fails at lying even if they try very hard.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Maldoror posted:

Are like any of the people who spent thousands and thousands of dollars on space ships super pissed off if they didn't get an invite to play the 2.0 PTU?

How about that guy who spent what was it $55,000.00... did he get an invite? How about Wulge?

I got an invite and I am pissed that they should rename the game to Crash Citizen because all I get are crashes.

those who did not receive the invite should be thankful.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Cuntpunch posted:

Question: Can't you steal ships? So what happens when the person whose ship you have stolen logs out crashes to desktop?

Yes you can steal ships and that ship will be marked as stolen. The ship is yours and will not matter if the owner logs out or have an epilepsy.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Bootcha posted:

In my opinion, now as an outsider, the trouble CIG is going to have in the next year is as follows:

3) Squadron 42 Ep1 Release: This is the litmus test, the make or break deal. If core physics and gameplay haven't been hammered out by this point, or if SQ42 slips another year due to "technical difficulties and blockers", then the writing is on the wall as far as product health. Any delay will probably be met with "well, film some more mocap" filler waste to appear productive.

CIG has stated that flight models and related stuffs will not be final in Squadron 42, that is one of the things that pissed me off.

SQ42 will be a good enough kinda thing because they say it is a single player and no balancing needed.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvIDdAgyQik

This is the best Star Citizen video I've ever seen.

it would be perfect if the characters doing that are Larry,Curly and Mo

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

pun pundit posted:

If you want a good mechanical keyboard, get a model M. It is the reverse of star citizen, all substance and no style.

model mmmmmmmmmm!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

SC white knights be like

"haters gonna hate"

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Derek, Krazy Karl is waiting for your lawsuit so he can apply his Nazi accounting subliminal messaging to counteract your lawsuit.

don't let this peaceful world go into the hands of a Nazi Accountant

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

now they are just spamming poo poo up

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Krazy Karl Flashback Tuesday

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

the lack of kool-aid of this backer is disturbing!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

FOR THE REFERRALS!!!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

what a doozy.

the part where he said, it is a skill based game and no point and click...he might be referring to another game.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Gryphon0468 posted:

When the game releases probably in late 2016 along with my 5 other ships. Not all a once of course that'd be silly.

you are seriously considering a thought that the baby PU will eventually grow into puberty and gets released as PU this 2016?

I applaud your enthusiasm but I am sorry to say that is just plain stupid.

NOW PROVE ME WRONG CR!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

trucutru posted:

Here is the state of all the announced ships.

They'll get to the big ones any day now.

I love it how they accurately modeled the Caterpillar! down to the last pixel

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

@Gryphon0468 would you help released me from my agony and buy my account which has $40 RSI credits in it for $45 including paypal.

you will be helping both RSI and me if you do it!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

this is how I see the current development of SC

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

played around 15 minutes without crashing...

but still laggy as gently caress

this is not a Baby PU nor a Fetus PU

it is more like a sperm PU or masturbation stage PU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Bootcha posted:

Have a good Thanksgiving folks.

Spend your money on food, not Star Citizen.

it does not qualify JPEG foods!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

clearly this guy is a Star Citizen whale backer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rjROBWcKkg

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

wow that blob of a matter is occupying 20% of the space

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Fatkraken posted:

Even if you have faith that the game will be good, if you're in the hole for anything other than the absolute bare minimum, get a refund. You can always buy the full release for $40 or whatever in three years when it's out, popular and bug free.

If buying in at $40 ends up being a substantially worse experience as a player than having a $3000 pirate racing fleet, then the game is a failure on a fundamental level and not something you should want to be involved with anyway, because that would make it a lovely, cynical pay-to-win scam.

that kind of logic will not penetrate the 14 inch think tinfoil helmet of those white knights

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Furism posted:

I'm trying to stay away from this thread to keep my sanity, but it's still a good information source because you guys are all over this game (probably a requirement to poo poo on something). What happened to the lady who was presenting Ship Shape? Now it's that bearded dude that does it, and I don't like him because he really strikes me as an "internal fanboy."

Lisa? she got canned because she is more beautiful than Sandi and Malificent does not like that

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

the new and improve Drake Cutlass

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

croberts probably has a friend or family member who runs that site

there is no way one man loves that much overpriced garbage from just one store

who the gently caress said it is Chris Roberts's doing? that sperg guy could not care less

the mastermind of all those nonsense posh thingies is no other than Malificent herself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Yes. He's an unrepentant moron. And a pissant.

What more do you expect from a fat nazi accountant?

• Locked thread