Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Majorian posted:

:lol: "yet." Oh getfiscal, you card.

Dreylad posted:

Gal Gadot could get divorced, you never know.

Ostiosis posted:

Waiting for Gadot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Dameius posted:

Paris Syndrome hits Japanese tourists so hard their embassy staffs a 24/7 suicide hotline.

the "ouiabou" hotline

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's been an open secret in the anime community for years that Vic Mignonga is a sexual harasser and to stay the gently caress away from him if you can, and Anime News Network posted a very in-depth article on all the bullshit he's done over the years that's dragged it all into the spotlight. He's been summarily dropped by every convention as a guest, and fired from his ongoing voice roles.

I had heard a while back (like when adult swim started first showing FMA) that he was a bit of a creep at a convention, but that was basically all I'd heard of him for the last what, 15 years?

I dunno why, but for some reason voice actors didn't seem to be the kinda people who'd be skeevy. I think about Kevin Conroy or mark Hamill and it's like, those guys are awesome and no one's said anything bad about em. I guess I somehow took the lack of big news about creepers in the genre to assume there were few, if any, in the career.

Dammit. I liked FMA.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

call center manager posted:

the "ouiabou" hotline

The quotes are coming from inside the thread!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

frankenfreak posted:

Huh? So Japanese media is just like most western media?

I don't know which media you've been following, but in other European countries Paris is more likely to be described in terms of the second part of Sagebrush's post (often with xenophobic undertones). No illusions there.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've been to Paris. It was nice.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I had heard a while back (like when adult swim started first showing FMA) that he was a bit of a creep at a convention, but that was basically all I'd heard of him for the last what, 15 years?

I dunno why, but for some reason voice actors didn't seem to be the kinda people who'd be skeevy. I think about Kevin Conroy or mark Hamill and it's like, those guys are awesome and no one's said anything bad about em. I guess I somehow took the lack of big news about creepers in the genre to assume there were few, if any, in the career.

Dammit. I liked FMA.

I'm trying to think of the most insulting way to replace a voice actor who gets fired for this sort of thing.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I've been to Paris. It was nice.

I'm trying to think of the most insulting way to replace a voice actor who gets fired for this sort of thing.

I suppose Gilbert Gottfried is out of the running.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Bonjour, my name is Napoléon Kobayashi. I'm a 27 year old Japanese JapFrançais (French culture fan for you foreigners). I sample fine wines and smoke at my villa, and spend my days perfecting the craft and enjoying superior French passtimes. (Wine, Smoking, Disdain of tourists) I train with my disdain every day, this superior weapon can permanently leave my villa embled on a tourist's hide because it is white-hot, and is vastly superior to any other method of foreigner scorn. I earned my smoking license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day. I parle français fluently, both Parisian and Marseille dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about French history and their mime code, which I follow 100% When I get my French visa, I am moving to Paris to work in a grape field to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a tourist wrangler for the Eiffel Tower or an olive oil rig operator for Au Bon Pain! I own several berets, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to France, so I can fit in easier. I blow smoke in the faces of my elders and seniors and speak French as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond. Wish me luck in France!

Korremar
Mar 1, 2010

You are so big!
So absolutely HUGE!

Dammit. I liked FMA.

having (unfortunately) worked directly with him as convention staff, not only is he a creep, but he's a self-aggrandizing douchebag that honestly thinks he's leagues better than everyone

dude wore an Affliction t-shirt and Ed Hardy jeans, had frosted tips, got real pissed when we told him the panel room didn't have lighting controls beyond on/dim/off, got even more pissed when I told him I wasn't gonna get hotel staff to open the door in the back of the room so he could do a little loving run-up to the stage when he was introduced, you couldn't make a more aggravating shitlord in a lab dedicated to it

also he recorded and sold a CD of him reading bible verses as Edward Elrick lmao

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Wine, Smoking, Disdain

So that's what Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité means!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pirate Radar posted:

I guessed which game it was about, which reminds me I need to play that again to get the new ending they added

Can you tell me which game? I guessed vidya games but not CSPAM, and the rest of the thread seems to be talking Kingdom Hearts.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Paris is a fun dirty drunk chainsmoking kind of city where you can smell dogshit everywhere and you can feel the history ooze out of the pavement, especially when the heat makes the pavement ooze all kinds of nasty poo poo that's gathered there during the centuries. Everything is crowded, everything is cramped and putain merde it's supposed to be that way, if you don't like it then casse-toi ! I always love to go for a visit and I'm always glad when I finally get out of there.

I can't even imagine how it must come off if you've believed all your life that it's a place where Ghibli movies actually are filmed, lol

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

He's basically survived on the fact that there's never really been anything definitive nailing him to the wall in public until now (to my knowledge), just a whole lot of second-hand hearsay and ugly stories floating around the general fan community that paint a very ugly picture of him. ANN did everyone a favour with that article and it was well past due.

Anime VA's are also a pretty tight-knit bunch (it's not like there's all that many of them, after all, and not to suggest they'd defended/protected him, quite the contrary in fact), so Vic's career is about as dead as it can get.

Neddy Seagoon has a new favorite as of 15:51 on Feb 7, 2019

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

CannonFodder posted:

Can you tell me which game? I guessed vidya games but not CSPAM, and the rest of the thread seems to be talking Kingdom Hearts.

I assume Cultist Simulator, also it says Cultist Simulator in the post.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

CannonFodder posted:

Cultist Simulator.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He's basically survived on the fact that there's never really been anything definitive nailing him to the wall in public until now (to my knowledge), just a whole lot of second-hand hearsay and ugly stories floating around the general fan community that paint a very ugly picture of him. ANN did everyone a favour with that article and it was well past due.

Imagine being brought down by the Anime News Network of all things, that's a whole additional icing of shame on the poo poo-cake of abuse and general being a dickhead.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jeza posted:

I assume Cultist Simulator, also it says Cultist Simulator in the post.

Ah, I didn't take that literally, I thought there was a new The Sims expansion or something.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

barbecue at the folks posted:

Imagine being brought down by the Anime News Network of all things, that's a whole additional icing of shame on the poo poo-cake of abuse and general being a dickhead.

I mean that is exactly the place that would bring down a anime voice actor.

This isn’t making the times

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean that is exactly the place that would bring down a anime voice actor.

This isn’t making the times

They've also reputedly been trying to clean up their act a bit, and the Vic Mignogna article was part of that general push.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Is...is it actually about ethics in animu journalism??

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Paris is a fun dirty drunk chainsmoking kind of city where you can smell dogshit everywhere and you can feel the history ooze out of the pavement, especially when the heat makes the pavement ooze all kinds of nasty poo poo that's gathered there during the centuries. Everything is crowded, everything is cramped and putain merde it's supposed to be that way, if you don't like it then casse-toi ! I always love to go for a visit and I'm always glad when I finally get out of there.

I can't even imagine how it must come off if you've believed all your life that it's a place where Ghibli movies actually are filmed, lol

I also think that Japanese use Tokyo as their point of reference for "city", and literally every other megapolis in the world is unacceptably chaotic and dirty in comparison.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

Is...is it actually about ethics in animu journalism??

Well it was but now that you've said that it's now about internet rights for waifus

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Korremar posted:

having (unfortunately) worked directly with him as convention staff, not only is he a creep, but he's a self-aggrandizing douchebag that honestly thinks he's leagues better than everyone

dude wore an Affliction t-shirt and Ed Hardy jeans, had frosted tips, got real pissed when we told him the panel room didn't have lighting controls beyond on/dim/off, got even more pissed when I told him I wasn't gonna get hotel staff to open the door in the back of the room so he could do a little loving run-up to the stage when he was introduced, you couldn't make a more aggravating shitlord in a lab dedicated to it

also he recorded and sold a CD of him reading bible verses as Edward Elrick lmao

Dude even looks exactly what you'd expect a Sex Pest Voice Actor to look like.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

sebmojo posted:

Guess the thread.

Well, I thought I had bounced off of this game because I was too loving stupid to get it, but now I think I'll latch onto this + the assertion that it's overwritten to the point of absurdity to justify thinking it's kind of bad

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Korremar posted:

oh my goddddddddd no way

is it this? it didn't sound especially like Edward.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

lol this is your only post in here

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
who are you calling a tiny sex pest who couldn't be seen with a microscope

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
the Mean Joe Green pepsi ad but it's Vic "Tittypic" McGrognard throwing a pair of vending machine panties at me in the staff room of Connecticon '09

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Outrail posted:

What is it with boring dumbasses and moving to Japan? Is it just the anime?

It's because they are old and out of touch and their image of a gross loser is based on their high school anime club back in the 00s, same with the fixation on fedoras and neckbeards and trench coats. Even the My Little Pony reference is like half a decade out of date at this point.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
so guy, what do all the cool edgelords hate these days? aside from, heh, aside. . . aside fromahahaha, aside from themSELVES!!!!!

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

There was a guy who worked at my company for a few months who was unwashed, wore fedoras and tuxedo t-shirts, and was obsessed with Japan and Rubiks Cubes. I may be old and I may be out of touch but nerds are still nerds and some things are pretty timeless.

Need a "Where Are They Now" on the TLO kids. They've all gotta be over 30 by now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

so guy, what do all the cool edgelords hate these days?
Trans people, statistically

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

so guy, what do all the cool edgelords hate these days? aside from, heh, aside. . . aside fromahahaha, aside from themSELVES!!!!!

Fortnite.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Not sure who got it from who or if it came from a third party, but I was at a Knicks game last weekend (my first ever and wow they are as bad as you'd expect) and I swear they played the exact beat from TLO roll call.

VVV like most everyone here a river of "viral" content has washed over me through the years, and TLO roll call is one of the ~20 things I will still revisit now and then. I watched it that night after the game.

pangstrom has a new favorite as of 22:35 on Feb 7, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

pangstrom posted:

Not sure who got it from who or if it came from a third party, but I was at a Knicks game last weekend (my first ever and wow they are as bad as you'd expect) and I swear they played the exact beat from TLO roll call.
I watch that maybe once a month, I love it so much.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Friend posted:

There was a guy who worked at my company for a few months who was unwashed, wore fedoras and tuxedo t-shirts, and was obsessed with Japan and Rubiks Cubes. I may be old and I may be out of touch but nerds are still nerds and some things are pretty timeless.

Need a "Where Are They Now" on the TLO kids. They've all gotta be over 30 by now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5y3NQi_RAY

you wouldn't happen to have a link to the helldump thread that was posted in originally?

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

pangstrom posted:

Same for me a couple weeks ago at a Mavericks game. I shot forward in my seat and said "LIP GLOSS IS TLO ROLL CALL!" and then turned to my wife and said "remind me to show you a video about anime when we get home."

Biplane posted:

you wouldn't happen to have a link to the helldump thread that was posted in originally?

Here you go

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Friend posted:

Same for me a couple weeks ago at a Mavericks game. I shot forward in my seat and said "LIP GLOSS IS TLO ROLL CALL!" and then turned to my wife and said "remind me to show you a video about anime when we get home."

Here you go

thank you Friend

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Friend posted:

"LIP GLOSS IS TLO ROLL CALL!" and then turned to my wife and said "remind me to show you a video about anime when we get home."
Holy moly, mystery solved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FactsAreUseless posted:

Trans people, statistically

As if there's anything more edgelord than cutting your own dick off

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)