Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

Don't worry, in roughly sixteen hundred years at least half of these problems will have been fixed.

This is in the SApedia or in a gold thread somewhere. Not being a dick but the forums being as dorky as they always have been, a dude named Radium ineptly maintaining the forums for years already attracted every dork joke under the sun about it. Someone will post a bibliography to this post in a minute I'm sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

If you want to see some real hardcore faked injuries commercial fishing is where it's at. You get some broke down-on-his-luck early 20s kid decides he should go fishing, and then figures out he signed a contract for a season of brutally hard work that few people have ever seen, and he gets seasick and has no moves or balance or skills. I've seen a kid step on a nail to quit, turn the boat around and drive 100 miles back to dump him off from his critical injury, and then get to the ER and then walk out the back of the hospital.

Saw him running in a parking lot two weeks later. It's a town on an island with 900 people dude what where you thinking.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Except real? What dude I've been Bering sea longlining since 2009 I have pics and stories from every year. I've grown up and lived in Alaska my whole life and I can back up all my poo poo and that's not even close to the craziest poo poo I have seen.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

purple death ray posted:

The picture of the back panther tattoo with one arm photoshopped out was really good too.

As far as a "gently caress you" photoshops go, it's right up there with microwave's mom.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

For those who can't or won't read the whole thing, posting my favorite part of the joshdig, the part I (and many) always tend to remember about it:

I'm partial to this part earlier also:

I leaned back in my chair and took out a highlighter. I cracked it open, removed the ink filter, and proceeded to smoke it like a cigarette. It might've looked odd to old Josh, what with how my face was dripping with pink ink, but I was deep in the heart of Flavor Country, headed for the local Flavor Saloon and then, more than likely, the Flavor Brothel to nail some Flavor Whores in their Flavor Asses, and then I'd probably try and skip out paying them the Flavor Money, which is pink, like everything else is there, and on the one Flavor Dollar bill is a picture of a woodpecker, but I don't know why. Josh wouldn't understand, what with his snooty, lack-of-chocolate-spewing attitude.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

This is the most I've laughed in a long time. Poor guy, but drat.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Big Centipede posted:

I recently had an abscess in my lower jaw and when they pulled my tooth I took it home and dropped it in a colony of blind, white eyed, Periplaneta americana roaches and watched them eat the tooth meat still adhered to it.

This, this here, this is something else.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

If you were literally in New York when it happened, sure, freak out about it, it's a big event. But if you're in Bumfuck, Kentucky or Goatballs, Arkansas then there is no reason not to get on with your day after the shock wears off. Every day something horrible happens around the world, sometimes stuff worse than 9/11, but for some reason most Americans don't give a crap about any of it.

An atrocity is an atrocity, but the fact we as a country went insane over it is one of the big reasons why we have an anthropomorphic bag of Cheetoh vomit with a combover in charge of our nuclear arsenal. Bin Laden is cackling his rear end off at the bottom of the ocean.

People didn't know it was over or what else was planned. The years after sure, but day of, come on man. First foreign attack on American soil since Attu during WWII is worthy of more than a shrug.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Metal enough for Nile; metal enough for me

http://www.theonion.com/article/metal-council-convenes-to-discuss-metal-hand-sign--1832

Metal Council Convenes To Discuss 'Metal Hand Sign' Abuse posted:

The Supreme Metal Council has experienced deep ideological rifts in the past that have affected its ability to make strong decisions, most notably during the lengthy trial and eventual sentencing of Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich, who was indicted in 2004 on charges of cutting his hair, pussing out on Napster, and contributing to the original motion-picture soundtrack of Mission: Impossible 2.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Puns are fun and funny and easy to do for those with a remedial sense of humor and below.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

KM Scorchio posted:

I would totally name my kid Titan then be massively ashamed of him when he grows up to be a short skinny nerd just like his old man.

My oldest stepbrother was a state-champion wrestler, and named his firstborn son Tank. I swear he chose his wife to breed the most tank-like Tank possible. My stepbrother is now the school districts wrestling coach, Tank has a mohawk and is a size and a half larger than any other 8th grader.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

syscall girl posted:

It's almost like HST hated himself irl.

And fictional character Sgt. Hatred uh

I believe I read that Hatred was a writing challenge to see if they could write a sympathetic character with pedophile urges. As someone who loves good writing I can't help but be reminded that Humbert Humbert began the same way. Hatred on the show though basically just sucks, and for a long time sidelined Brock, one of the raddest characters ever animated.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

So, as someone completely removed from the weed community, is there any benefits to using a laser in this case??

If you're smoking out of a pipe, you're inhaling butane from the lighter. I would think with a laser as your heating element, you wouldn't get any byproduct in your smoke.

I've seen a dab rig where you put the dab in a glass bowl, then take a blowtorch and heat a glass dowel, then use the heated dowel to smash the dab rather like a mortar and pestle. Cleanest, purest hit I've ever had in my life no contest.

Olaf The Stout has a new favorite as of 02:40 on Jan 15, 2018

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Doctor Bishop posted:

Judging by the most recent posts, the latter quote is also very applicable to this thread right now.

That is one visceral warning sign. If I saw that sign, I would be highly alarmed and incredibly cautious.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

No idea who you guys are talking about, but I remember seeing this gif when I was young.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

This was stolen from /politics on reddit. It had like 5 golds and was the top reply to a 10,000+ comment chain.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

I'm Native American. So sorry for your inconvenience of only killing 98% of us.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Good things used to happen in this thread.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

It makes me really sad to see Lowtax that way. I've been coming here since I was 15, and I'm 31 now, and I'm grateful for Lowtax for providing a nice little community in a forgotten corner of the internet.

The very first thing I remember seeing here was a swing set covered in bees, and then a progression of pictures where the bees meet a weedburner and are all incinerated in an inferno. I knew I wanted to be peers with bee-burners, and was glad to pony up to be a part of it all.

Thanks Lowtax.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Sadly the pics have all died in the original thread but luckily they all got saved for a front page article!

Thank you for this, I appreciated it.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Outrail posted:

Going back and infecting the amerindian population with smallpox and other assorted diseases a few hundred years before Europeans turn up would be pretty sweet. That assumes they can rebuild their population so instead of a decimated continent with a few shattered tribes whitey would encounter a millions of mostly healthy and disease resistant locals who could if not push their poo poo in at least resist invasion a little better.

On second reading I think I just promoted eugenics and genocide. Oops, tried to do the right thing and became Chronohitler. :shrug:

As a native american, that first sentence sure put me in a bad mood.

Also it already happened.

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt..._off_by_an.html

"It’s estimated as many as nine out of 10 coastal Indians were killed in the epidemic between 1616 and 1619."

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Holy gently caress. You've done tremendous work bringing this here.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

CannonFodder posted:

Cellophane or glass marble in the gas tank. It clogs up the fuel intake valve while the car is running, but in a random "what was that" way, and then it moves off of the intake valve so the car can start again so it's really confusing.

Something similar happened to my dad, his car would randomly die while driving it, and it was driving him crazy. He's an aircraft jet technician, so he just kept tearing his car apart till he identified the problem. The previous owner had a fuel line go out and used a bad replacement, one that shed tiny bits of microplastic. The tiny bits of plastic would clump up until they blocked the fuel feed at the bottom which would kill his car, but when he looked in the tank with a flashlight it didn't look like anything at all. He was so loving happy when he figured it out, it was great.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

Anyone have that old copypasta that explained the senate and overall united states government as though it was an MMO raid? Chief things I remember was that bill clinton functioned as a tank, someone who could draw incredible amounts of damage and still function correctly, and that most senators try to pass bills that will strengthen their local powerbase. Also breifly mentioned was a new race was added to the presidency selection in 2008. I looked through the first 20 pages of this very thread but didn't see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

stolen from reddit.