Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

whoflungpoop posted:

My grandparents had a trunk full of the letters they exchanged while my grandfather was fighting in north africa and sicily in WWII.

My grandma wrote him about how my aunt had started walking and later the first words she spoke, about how she was working as a seamstress to bring in extra money, about the trades she made with various neighbors to make the rations go further, about how his mother was doing. My grandpa wrote her asking for more pictures of my aunt, about some of the guys in his unit, how the british officers at the camp they traveled to actually had a kitchen and hot food and how he had eaten roast and potatoes on a real plate with real silverware at a real table and how happy it made him to have a real meal after so many months of rations, about how much he missed her.

The letters to him were partially waterlogged and torn from being carried around two continents; the letters to her sometimes had parts literally cut out where he might have mentioned a location or something else the army censor wanted removed. They're amazing and they make me so proud of my grandparents, of the hardships they endured and the love and partnership they maintained across half a war-torn planet.

Your grandchildren will find a thumb drive full of forums posts of their grandparents insulting a retarded man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hitler had some good ideas about circumcision and tipping.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Also Laufey, a giantess, is a dude because someone heard "Loki Laufeyjarson" and knew enough about Norse names to know that the last name is usually patronymic but not enough to know that Laufey is a ladies name and that Loki is named for his ma.

Bar Crow posted:

I'm pretty sure that was the whole point. White supremacists tend to be keen on Norse mythology so they cast a black guy as the literal gatekeeper to keep them away.

It's just Kenneth Branagh being Kenneth Branagh. In his adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing Denzel Washington and Keanu Reeves play brothers.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Phosphine posted:

I've never heard him called Laufeyjarson, always Farbauteson, Farbaute being his giant-Dad.

I've literally never seen this. It might be a thing but it's not a widespread thing. A google search for variations of that never turns up more than a hundred or so hits while Laufeyjarson turns up over nineteen thousand.

I think I might be misremembering on Laufey specifically being a giantess. She might have been something else making Loki only half giant. Which isn't really that big of a deal considering that Odin is also mostly giant. His maternal grandfather was a giant and probably his mother too. His paternal grandfather was Búri who was created when the primordial cow licked salty ice in the void before anything existed. His maternal grandfather presumably being one of the giants created in the arm pits of the Ýmir, the first giant, or the ones conceived when one of his feet impregnated the other one. Than Odin and his brothers killed him and shaped the world from his carcass.

Some people will have us believe we are evolved apes but this is just a theory, the truth is that we are descendants of some people Odin and his irrelevant brothers created from driftwood they found while strolling on a beach they had just created from the corpse of what might technically have been their great grandfather like some sort of cosmic Ed Gein. This should be taught in schools as fact.

None of which is funny or quotes.

here's something I guess:

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

A related story: When I saw Spotlight the other day, there were 2 nuns sitting directly in front of me, and at one point, one of the nuns took her phone out to Google something. Like, she opened the web browser on her phone, searched something, read an entire article and then put her phone up. I know she was Googling something because she had the brightness all the way up on her phone. It was aggravating and I wanted to tell her to put it away, but I pussied out because I didn't want to say poo poo to a nun.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

i can't believe you passed up a potentially once in a lifetime opportunity to say something like

"hey, sister,

that's a bad habit."

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 06:08 on Dec 25, 2015

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Jaweeeblop posted:

While your grandfathers were dying in the classic funny ways at concentration camp my grandfather was in Iceland and broke his leg skiing then got sent back stateside halfway through his tour of duty. There weren't any nazis in Iceland I don't even know why he was there

Iceland was occupied by the Allies during the war because it's a handy place to refuel ships in the North Atlantic. The occupation was pretty uneventful so the soldiers mostly just dicked around and hosed the local women injecting some much needed genetic diversity into the fetid and stagnant gene-pool.

Fun historical fact:
In the 1930's Iceland was mostly independent but still part of the Danish realm as the king of Denmark was also king of Iceland. However Iceland was trying to become fully independent and part of this was trying to find their own head of state. Some favored a president but others wanted to find a European nobleman who was still young, from a respectable dynasty and had at least one son to be king. One of the main candidates for kingship was a German prince called Friedrich Christian of Schaumburg-Lippe. Friederich however was a very passionate Nazi. In 1938 he was working under Goebbels and when Friederich informed his boss of the job opportunity he jokingly asked if he could be the propaganda minister of a independent Iceland. However Ribbentrop was against it so it never happened.

Iceland was a hairsbreadth from having a Nazi king in WW2. If that had happened your granddad's visit to Iceland might have been more of a proper invasion.

Of course like very country in Europe Iceland had a couple of fascist parties in the interwar period but they were tiny and never did much other than pick fights with commies and write bad newsletters about how literally everyone they disliked was part of a international Jewish conspiracy.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Probably be simpler to just mug them. Old people are constantly terrified so even the ones that aren't to infirm to fight back would probably be too scared to.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

many johnnys posted:

Sounds like a good way to get shot by someone with nothing to lose.

But they have shaky hands, slow reflexes and very poor eyesight so they have a pretty good chance of missing.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 22:28 on Jun 7, 2016

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

FlyinPingu posted:

sounds like a real dumbass motherfucker to me

His shtick, or one of them, is that popular = good. For example anyone who says Transformers 4 is a bad movie is wrong because millions of people went to see it and it made money and people who don't like it are just mad that the boring artistic films they watch seldom turn a profit.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The best CineD poster is SubG.
SMG is entertaining in a way but generally only likes bad films and for esoteric reasons.
Dickeye...Dickeye never changes.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hogge Wild posted:

well how do you make hot dogs then

One at a time.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm hearing the English one as "hovel" and the American one as "hovoh"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

oh my god i would not be even slightly bothered if you all were slain by wolves

Yeah but what is the correct pronunciation of "wolves"?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A closet seems like a pretty inconvenient gift. Just wrapping it would be a huge bother and actually getting it under the tree even more so.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Cinicunnatus is a lot like Ragnar Loðbrók or Elvis in that he may not have even existed. If he did he was a bit of a dick since one of his major platforms was not giving the poor any rights ever.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Doctored footage.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A hoax drummed up by monarchists to give the idea of absolute monarchy credibility by first creating a "King of Rock" . Elvis is an anglicized version of the Irish name Ailbe which is derived from ail meaning "rock". It's such a transparent lie that they need their fake rock king Rock.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Best versions of Smells Like Teen Spirit
1. Weird Al Parody
2. The Top of the Pops version where Kurt croons the song like he's some random dude doing a drunk karaoke version of his own song.
3. Smells Like Teen Spirit

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Henchman of Santa posted:

But the more famous, metal band Death was all white guys

Yeah but Death are fantastic while Death are tolerable at best. "Death" here referring to Death and "Death" to Death, obviously.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Outrail posted:

I'm probably just really tired but idgi. Can someone please explain this for me?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

There was also the White Hand for a bit, a group formed by Irish mobsters fight growing Italian presence organized crime in the early 20th century. You see the Italians had this extortion racket called the Black Hand and the Irish mobsters didn't like competition and had recently become white people so they decided to assert their newfound whiteness against these swarthy immigrants.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sloober posted:

How do you feel knowing that your username is BIG CENTIPEDE and yet those are roaches?

Centipedes eat roaches.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Something being used in Australia just makes it more likely to be racist.

Australia is inhabited solely by savage mega-racists whose burned leathery skin constantly spurts out rivers of sweat to keep the swarms I flies that follow them at bay. Flies that would otherwise burrow deep into their skin because the swamplike flesh of the Australian is the perfect place to pay eggs.

Source:
The Proposition, Wake in Fright and Crocodile Dundee.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

This Konstant(in Von Neurath) barrage of Nazi puns must stop.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Collateral Damage posted:

I always thought you killed crabs the same way you kill lobsters.
Nail them to the ground with a spike made of Hawthorne, decapitate them and place the head on the far end of the grave and then fill it with firewood and set it on fire making sure to not let any of swarm of vermin that scatter from the flames escape as the fiend can regenerate fully if even the tiniest bit is left unburned?

Or was that Sasquatch?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Yeah sticking your pubes in boiling water can be somewhat painful.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Orson Wells? More like Orson Smells :smug:

Timby posted:

Jingle Bells, Orson smells,
Bob Wise laid an egg,
Couldn't say "IN" in "In July"
And Rosebud was a sleigh

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I met a gay nazi dude at a punk show who was a huge fan of Ernst Rohm (or however that's spelled) and he was absolutely disgusted that I'd dated guys outside of my race cause he didn't believe in mixing races and I was like dude we're gay, you absolute moron. Do you think a black dude is gonna get me pregnant

Ernst Rohm worship seems to be a thing among gay fascist punks.

See:
Death in June.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

It's a mystery

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Liar Lyre posted:

Heck yeah.

CPL593H posted:

Is he just blowing a saxophone into her vagina?

I Before E posted:

That's how you hit the Kenny G Spot.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Genuinely surprised that isn't from the Crusader Kings 2 thread.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

We always say there are two types of pedophiles: Star Trek and Star Wars," says Det. Ian Lamond, the unit's second-in-command. "But it's mostly Star Trek."

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

EmmyOk posted:

yh tbh that and the derails about capitalism and hollywood paedophile rings

are you saying hollywood pædophile rings should be nationalized?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"Remove Kebab" is a reference to a Serbian propaganda video in which a stern Yugoslav plays an accordion, or more accurately to a parody of that video.

The original video is called Serbia Strong and as far as I can recall does not refence kebabs at all but the parody puts heavy emphasis on removing kebabs from the premises or in other words commit genocide against Muslim Bosniaks and Albanians. The parody also claims that "tupac alive in serbia, tupac making album of serbia . fast rap tupac serbia. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of tupac… you are ppoor stink turk… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

tupac alive numbr one #1 in serbia ….gently caress the croatia ,..FUCKk ashol turks no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. 2pac aliv and real strong wizard kill all the turk farm aminal with rap magic now we the serba rule".

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"I know I should feel sad about Ulrist jr. dying because I tried to beat a cave alligator with him but the craftsmanship on this chair is just amazing!"

And on the flipside if death and tragedy become routine your surviving Dorfs will just get desensitized and stop caring about anything.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 23:11 on Nov 20, 2017

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The anime of my anime is my friend.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

BDSM hasn't been edgy since like 2000 and went entirely mainstream with 50 Shades. Now it's just a way for boring middle class people to pretend to be interesting. The hip and cool perverts of today gently caress cars.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Founding Fathers?

More like pounding [grand]fathers

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The first 9 or 10 seasons are basically peak TV and a lot of it is available on Youtube although often cut up into tiny bits.

Watch those seasons and then just stop and pretend it got cancelled and you'll have a much deeper understanding of the memes.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Iron Cross makes me think of bikers but I think they adopted it precisely because of the Nazi connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Just help the Communists win the revolution of 1918 and not get slaughtered by an alliance of proto-fascists and social democrats.

Also
Even though they are often given credit for ending it hyperinflation ended a decade before the NSDAP took power. The Great Depression was more their thing.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 19:50 on May 7, 2018