Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
SMG has been doing his act for years, and he still inspires an argumental derail everytime he's brought up. He's a good gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

StashAugustine posted:

Does anyone have the response to the woman who was considering marrying an Air Force officer?

http://pastebin.com/t1V419QV

Couldn't find a copy to clipboard button on that site, and gently caress trying to do it manually on my phone.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
She married the guy, and it turned out pretty much the way that post describes.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

please tell us more. please

All I've heard is third-hand goon legend, but it comes up every time that quote is posted. I'm sure someone still has a link the thread, though.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

funmanguy posted:

It's me. I am the one who enjoys Pearl Jam.

I was at work today, when Alive came on the radio. That amazing intro starts up, and I'm like "gently caress ye- Oh wait, a Pearl Jam song comes after this part."

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I just read an actual argument about the social injustice of having a pair of chopsticks in a photo of a bowl of noodles, and Donald Trump is president elect.

I can't help but feel these things are related.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

BJPaskoff posted:

The only thing that could make this quote more perfect is if it ended with "kill the animals".

:eyepop:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

I remember that week that GBS was fun.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Shugojin posted:

Someone can actually communicate with a cat? :eyepop:

"gently caress you." May not be constructive, but it's still communication.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

imo, simply referring to the possibility of there being a joke, and not attempting to make the joke, is a form of hate crime

Says the guy who posted Bill Cosby pictures for several months with a countdown that culminated in :effort: Happy Birthday Bill Cosby :effort:

Clitch has a new favorite as of 14:58 on Apr 21, 2017

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

FactsAreUseless posted:

I am in favor of the revival of the long-form post. I think it's time. The big problem is everyone chasing a style. They used to all chase the Noni-style giant Dave Barry column post. Now they chase the no-punctuation FYAD-lite one-liner. I hope we get lots of posters posting different ways, instead of a school of fish swimming from trend to trend.

*Effortpost*

"LOL. Look at this fag caring and trying."

*legions of GBS shitposters jizz their pants and crown their new king*

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

I'm sure evolutionary psychology is more often wielded to explain why someone really really wants to gently caress their sibling.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
The PowerPoint that got an $80b Defense budget increase out of the Senate.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Kumo posted:

The following statement is in response to President Donald Trump’s comments last night...

STATEMENT FROM NFL COMMISSIONER ROGER GOODELL

The NFL and our players are at our best when we help create a sense of unity in our country and our culture. There is no better example than the amazing response from our clubs and players to the terrible natural disasters we've experienced over the last month. Divisive comments like these demonstrate an unfortunate lack of respect for the NFL, our great game and all of our players, and a failure to understand the overwhelming force for good our clubs and players represent in our communities.

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/Statement-From-NFL-Commissioner-Roger-Goodell.aspx

Robo Reagan posted:

lol when you gently caress up so bad the concussion salesman starts throwing shade

For real. If Roger Goodell is able to dunk on you and look good doing it, you have said some stupid poo poo.

Clitch has a new favorite as of 08:21 on Sep 24, 2017

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Turtlicious posted:

Poor freckles...

Oh Poor ol' Freckles, though of phone booths and dialed.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

syscall girl posted:

High tights?

*Reconsiders horrible 'breeding in captivity' joke.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Breetai posted:

Speaking of members of our superior community, which was the goon/quote where someone basically dropped the most epic "um, actually..."of all time during a discussion of their sexual proclivities?

It was something along the lines of "No, no, no, you guys have it all wrong! He doesn't actually poo poo directly in my mouth, it's just that occasionally during our sexual activities my mouth just happens to get poo poo in it!"

That was Piss-chug Girl, and a perfect example of why SA is not the place to discuss BDSM.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
WHAT THE gently caress DID I TELL YOU PEOPLE?!

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Guy Mann posted:

Dog Jones' odyssey from boring troll to incredibly smart and cool puppetmaster who was rolling with the punches all along deserves to be seen:

Those posts read like someone doing an impression of Roast Beef through a rag soaked in ether.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

We're allowed to have Patreons?

Check me out on Patreon! Your contribution helps me keep shitposting full-time!

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Ulysses was a fine book, but I always found that chapter unnecessary.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Naked and sits on cakes? That author is Ray Smuckles and nobody can convince me otherwise.

The only mystery a fairy might find in you is why you just flew into Neverland with a sheet cake and a raised eyebrow.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Funerals are pretty expensive, guys.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
White people still suck, right? We're still cool with that?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

:drat:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

A Moose posted:

we didn't start the fire

Set #10 on fire?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

EorayMel posted:

I hope this was posted earlier in the thread somewhere so here goes:

Kratom is such a funny drug to me because it's just mainstream enough for some obscure weirdo to go on Joe Rogan's podcast and extoll its virtues, but then you realize a lotto scratcher has a more durable veneer of promise above its pit of disappointment and financial toll on the stupid.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Dameius posted:

Texas has the town of White Settlement that is literally everything you can imagine it is, so FAU could tell me there is a place in Idaho that is anything and I'd buy it.

"Those 3 Panels from Preacher", Texas wouldn't fit on the water tower.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

ToxicFrog posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ortolan_bunting#As_food

Without checking that link this just reads like an incredibly nerdy Dutch oven joke.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Screaming Idiot posted:

He will make enough to own his own island, an island just for pens.

He can call it Pen island

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
"It's great to see such good turnout for TEDx Scottsdale, and I'd like to thank you all for attending this presentation."

*Hammers on a remote for 15 seconds finally summoning the first of many PowerPoint slides:

The Subtle Wokeness of Ed Greenwood

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
80s kids movies were pretty brutal.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Kapotke sighed as he unleashed his quark.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Hihohe posted:

Im very certain that my last act on this earth before the apocalypse will be me posting a Loss.jpg edit about the situation. I will sensibly chuckle before i am vaporized in nuclear fire.

We should all find comfort in the fact that the Earth will move past and heal.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Isn't Zaurg also the "goon in a well"?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Milo and POTUS posted:

Where is this. It has to be Musk

You can call it Musk all you want, but it's still just stank.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
It's still weird remembering reading the thread the first time someone posted Too long; Didn't read.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Erebus posted:

sparing some expense

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

D-Pad posted:

I grew up on an ostrich farm. My parents started raising them very early on in the ostrich bubble that happened in the US in the late 80s and 90s because our neighbor was an exotic animal guy and was part of the original group that started the "industry" back then.

The hope was that they would take off as another type of meat and had the potential to become similar to cattle farming. It was mainly a bunch of rich guys at the beginning who traded them for stupid amounts of money at the beginning. My parents were getting 40k-75k for a good breeding pair and chicks would sell for $2,500 and it was easy to raise a ton.

The insane prices were because of their rarity in the states at the time. What actually happened was that every livestock person saw how much money could be made and started buying in. This created and sustained a bubble for 6-8 years before the market saturated and everybody looked around and realized they had a bunch of giant birds that nobody wanted the meat of and nobody else wanted to buy in at those prices and they became worthless over night and sold for less than the cost of feeding them.

My mom had begged for my dad to get out of the business that year and he wanted one more year and promised he would sell out then. He lost a fuckload of money, but since we had been poor before he got in and had several years of making six figures he came out ahead overall and then proceeded to lose it in another venture that actually would have worked but ran into extremely bad luck.

And that's how my family went from poor to rich and ended up solidly middle class because of giant birds and the weird decade of optimism that was the late 80s/early 90s

My old man bought in just before everyone stopped caring. I think he still had them when I graduated HS and hosed off(1998), but I don't know what he ultimately did with them. He was always looking into those libertarian self-made millionaire schemes, but I think that's the only one he ever went in on, and that was definitely his "once bitten". I think he raises goats now just to do something with the massive pens he built.

and ostrich meat sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

:captainpop: