Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Can anyone post that one series of YOSPOS posts that ended up being about some Razer keyboard, The one where another dude was begging a mod to make it stop?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3459842

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
The Urinator is one of the lesser known periods of David Bowies career, spanning from 1947 to 1951, but honestly I think it's one of his more original ones.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Edit: just so this isn't just a quote https://adaptivesystems.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/adapt-ebook.pdf

Keru has a new favorite as of 01:23 on Jan 22, 2016

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

"Kirk! It's your cousin Marvin. Marvin Johnson. You know that new sound you've been looking for? Well, listen to this!"

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Trig Discipline posted:

There were a lot more that were already dead.

Makes you think.

I can think of at least two.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I would like to know more.

Basic story is that in BYOND, the framework that SS13 is built in, everything is an object. Including the UI, probably the individual text in chat, everything. Someone figured out a way to grab the UI with their character and eat it.

This is probably one of the lesser weird things that have happened in SS13's history, which includes things like an admin having to try and find a single log/screenshot where someone wasn't farting so he could turn that in to the FBI without having to explain why farting is so ubiqitous on SS13.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Burt Sexual posted:

That's not funny quote

Please call the police on Granos.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

Yeah it's a bit of a thinker. We may be witnessing the birth of a new Groverhaus here.

e: :grovertoot:

grovertubgirl

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Is that guy just Dennis from Always Sunny? I keep waiting for him to tell us about his plans to float his house out to sea on a barge, so "she won't be able to say no. Because of the implication."

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Machai posted:

ok, prison camp then

You don't need to repeat what Pick said.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

We're all bad posters, but you're on a whole other level. :razz: Grats.

Someone better have that quote handy where a goon kept posting his workout log to the, very serious, thread about discussing abortion and it's effects/laws etc.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Oh god, I'd completely forgotten about Mr Cardigan.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Scratch without rhythm and you won't attract the spider.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

I'd be down to watch Blart Underwood, GOP COP

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

purple death ray posted:

Reminds me of the old gbs guy who did the advent calendar threads where everyone typed like brain damaged Dickensian orphans, who got outed as a furry and eaten alive by new gbs

Two different people, I'm afraid. The original one was by Bulmer, who is a generally normal, if weird, sing-y person who does art and lives in a magical place known as Manchester.

The one you're thinking of is The Glavwen, who is Welsh and turned out to have a furry for a wife who did the art for that advent calendar.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Talking 'bout Billy Mitchell cheating at vidya games in the schad thread:

vdarknight posted:

You know what?
gently caress him.
I (back in the speccy days*) was regularly in the top 100 of beating games, with proof. It was important, in a very, very small way. I worked like gently caress to beat them and was proud that I had done so on my own, using skill, practice and no bloody sense at all.
But I did it. If some prick swanned up and claimed to have beaten said game, s/he would have known that we would have demanded evidence - and if you'd faked it provably, we'd have eaten your heart.
He is loving with nerds - we are obsessive, mental and really mean in our world. It is important (not really) enough that we pay attention to what is going on.
This smart-arse thinks he can out-think us 'cos of a lovely haircut, a trimmed beard and loving awful ties. You wanna patronise us? Well, bring it. oval office.
The schadenfreude? I'm pissed off that a dickhead has annoyed me through cheating. He's proved he's a scumbag and I'm getting actually annoyed that he thought we wouldn't notice. Pathetic.

(*speccy - the best computer, despite having no sprites, one channel sound and colour clash. But the best games)

wayfinder posted:

I can tell you're still on the spectrum

:allears:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bob? No wait! Matt.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Pirate Radar posted:

It’s hosed up what Slavoj Zizek said about those dead kids in Florida.

He was just criticising their acting.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

This is like all those videos of some young kid trying to fight an old dude and off-camera you hear 'Don't do it, champ'

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swmuqGWgZCc

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Do Shitposters Dream of Razer Afterparties?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Moon Slayer posted:

It's a depressing idea but I got a grim chuckle out of that turn of phrase.

I think they meant Roma, who are not Travelers, though? Travelers are their own thing and primarily a british isles offshoot, complete with it's own british version of 'oh they all steal you know?'.

I agree with the jist of the quote, though. We're hella loving racist about Roma people, and I've known several people who I figured weren't racist cockbags just casually throw out that line as if it was 100% natural and truthful. :smith:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You can eat it too.

How do you eat a sniper rifle?!

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

It would be morally inept to not call the police on Granos

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

But enough talk, have some LSD.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

What is a brain? A miserable little pile of chemicals.

reality: a Belmont falls through the earth and into transylvanian catacombs. breaking a torch on the wall he spies row upon row of undead. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried holy water"

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

There's a loving Mervyn Peake joke in here that I can't quite crack. I guess you can call me oldquipless.

More like oldgormenghastless

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

*sound of shattering lenses*

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

The Highwaymen song you are thinking of is Highwayman: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aFkcAH-m9W0

You also really, really need to listen to Silver Stallion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tngWVx61yMo

Edit: Under no circumstances should you read Kris Kristofferson’s biography, unless you really want to feel like a useless sack of poo poo who has wasted your life. It’s Dolph Lundgren-levels of making you feel inadequate, and then some.

The best version of Highwayman will always be Glenn Campbell singing it with an orchestra backing him up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaeGfMeSKX0

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

So many great posts in that thread

FAUXTON posted:

elon's run

Lazlo Nibble posted:

a huge arena with dozens of Model 3s spinning slowly up into the air, rear left turn signals blinking red, as their owners chant RE-PAIR! RE-PAIR! in the vain hope that their car is the one that gets a replacement bumper instead of just bursting into flame

they’ve never actually seen one get fixed but somehow they‘re totally convinced that it could happen

how is this so on the nose

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

purple death ray posted:

a guy doing continuous rim shots, just looking more and more uncomfortable with each one

Bill Hicks own personal hell

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

is that one of the birds you can date?!

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Outrail posted:

You put ice cream in them.

Could you make me one with everything?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Does anyone remember the old forum post about how freight trains long to kill you and when the accident eventually happens the board will find the driver responsible because they thought about Weed once, or something like that? I remember it being a lot of explanations about how tight the tolerances between the carriages are because of all the mass being moved etc.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Yes, perfect. That's the one I wanted.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

GiP made up a fake scam to troll the rest of the forums, Veni Vidi Amici fell for it very hard and then tried to be all 'haha no i'm laughing WITH you guys' in the thread until they got that avatar. That's my hazy recollection of it.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Linux and getting kicked in the balls and face.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

purple death ray posted:

Oh, great, you got the kid singing. I hope you're happy!

I hope you're happy too.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

You know, sometimes you just have to quote a thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

And Tyler Too! posted:

Does anyone have a compilation of goon horror stories from Space Station 13? There were a bunch of them posted in the griefing thread but it's gone now.

Honestly, best place to ask is in the SS13 thread in games: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815807

in the meantime:

PopeCrunch posted:

Oh god okay.

So back in the deeps of time before I was adminned, there was a brand new poison added that was basically an immediate death sentence with very little chance of survival even if you had a fully stocked medbay ready to rock the instant you got dosed: Initropidril. Through subterfuge, spying, begging, and good old fashioned skulduggery I had managed to get the recipe. Unfortunately, word got out that I had the recipe. I couldn't go a single round without some dickweed grabbing me and welding me into a closet to try and force me to give them the recipe or the like, and this wasn't slowed down no matter how many times the jerks got banned (for when they weren't antags). So in a fit of exasperation, I told one guy that the coders had implemented fluid tracking, and that this was key to the recipe: You had to piss in a container, drink it, piss again, drink THAT, and piss yet again. This would still appear as 'urine' if you analyzed it but it's totally triplepiss you guys trust me i swear.

That got them off my nuts for about a week, but then the abductions resumed apace because obviously it wasn't working. Oh, i said, I forgot to mention - it only works if the pisser has B+ blood.

For the next few MONTHS, whoever rolled captain would IMMEDIATELY haul balls to medbay, look up in the med computer everyone with B+ blood, and two minutes later they'd have some poor assistant cornered in some godforsaken maintenance tunnel somewhere, forcing them at gunpoint to drink their own piss. That was YEARS ago and i still get asked about it once in a while.

This is easily the greatest scam I have ever pulled in SS13 and will probably be a record I never beat.