Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hey GBS, it's been awhile. Look, I've been busy, you've been busy, people have been declaring how gay they are but I think it's time we get back to exchanging some lovely mix CDs. Okay? Okay.

So all you need to do here is sign up and you will randomly matched with someone. You will get their info and send them a CD full of whatever music you want to subject them to. In return they will hopefully do the same. If you're feeling nice you might tell them what you thought of the mix and they might do the same. It's all pretty simple really. Now there's nothing I can actually do to enforce any of this so you are trusting your fellow goons here. Still, at worst you'll be out a few bucks for blank CDs and postage. If that's not something you can afford to lose, it probably isn't a good idea to sign up.

SIGNUPS ARE OVER

Here is the list (the number next to the name is what page the post with their info is on

cthulusnewzulubbq (1) and Surfer Rosa Parks (2)
BrendianaJones (2) and Double Agent (2)
Shnakepup (1) and Jukeboxblues (1)
Shnakepup (1) and Pinechild (2)
Shnakepup (1) and OfF KiLTeR (1)
Y-Hat (1) and My Lovely Horse (1)
docbeard (1) and BabyRyoga (2)
docbeard (1) and THE DOG HOUSE (1)
docbeard (1) and Double Agent (2)
Nyagato (1)and Double Agent (2)
Nyagato (1) and THE DOG HOUSE (1)
Nyagato (1) and OfF KiLTeR (1)
Mowglis Haircut (2) and My Lovely Horse (1)
runchild (2) and Tendai (1)
runchild (2) and Pinechild (2)
Inco (2) and Tendai (1)
Inco (2) and Jukeboxblues (1)
Rexroom (2) and BabyRyoga (2)
Rexroom (2) and axleblaze (1)
Rexroom (2) and OfF KiLTeR (1)
BrendianaJones (2) and THE DOG HOUSE (1)
Haifisch (2) and BrendianaJones (2)
Haifisch (2) and FadingChord (2)
Haifisch (2) and Y-Hat (1)
axleblaze (1) and FadingChord (2)
cthulusnewzulubbq (1) and FadingChord (2)

If there are any problems let me know. I took one less than I said I would to make it all come out even, so if anyone is late, I'll take em. Also it's pretty likely you've been matched with some of these people before if you've been doing these for awhile because of how small the response was this time so just try and make something new and different!

Here's a few more thing copy/pasted from the last thread:

There is no rule for what you put on the CDs. It is preferred that you try and put lesser known artists or lesser known songs by well known artists but there's also not a thing in the world that can happen to you don't. Still, keep in mind that part of the point of this is to get your musical horizons expanded. Also, you can send file CDs if you want BUT you need to have at least one audio CD as well.

Try and make sure you're mix is mostly listenable to the average person. I'm not saying you can't put some horrible anime themes or unlistenable noise metal on your CD if you really want, but try and balance it out a bit. Still, as I said, if you ignore this, there's not a drat thing anyone can do about it.

You can send someone as many mixes as you want, but just expect one CD in return. That's all that's required. Don't feel mad because you sent someone five mixes and you only got one back. Also people tend to send the same mixes to all their partners. Don't get mad because you didn't get your own special unique snowflake mix.

Nice CD art is encouraged but not required. All you need to provide is a CD and track listing (and for the love of god make sure it's readable). After that, it's all up to you.

Just to reiterate, I added the review option so people who write reviews of the CDs get reviews back. Please, only opt for the review option if you are sure you're willing to write one. It's only fair.

You can also post about your own mixes when you send them out, but try to wait for your partner to get them first. In general try not to post about what you're putting in your mixes until they've gone out. It's always better if it's a surprise. On that note, don't request people send you/avoid sending you a particular genre of music. The point of this is to expand you're musical horizons. You might think you hate all metal/rap/country/polka/tuvan throat singing but maybe in some mix someone will send you a song that changes everything. Even if that doesn't happen, don't post about what music you'd like/wouldn't like to receive because we just don't care.

I think that covers everything. If I left anything out, just tell me and I'll update the OP. If you have any question, I or someone else will do our best to answer you. So until then submit your information, discuss the fine art of mix making and maybe even throw in some late reviews that you forgot to put up in the last thread.

Here's my info
worseorbetter@gmail.com
USA
I'll do int.
I'll do reviews.
No

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
People still listen to CDs?

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

People still use mail????

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Isn't there a scam in New York where they sell you a virus CD? How will you curb this. OP is not giving me enough confidence

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I can make no assurances you won't get a cd full of computer destroying identity stealing viruses. Sorry.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
can we just email them the viruses?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That wouldn't really be in the spirit of this thing, now would it?

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

axleblaze posted:

That wouldn't really be in the spirit of this thing, now would it?

fine ill mail them. just seems time consuming.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ooooo ya know I have a Starbucks sampler cd from like 15 years ago or some poo poo. If anybody has anything near as lame plz hit me up.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im already compiling my favorite taylor swift songs

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
gathering up my horrible anime themes and unlistenable noise metal now

US- 2
i will post about the music; ship wherever

kramdargemstone@gmail.com

no mailing list dad gay can send me nudes

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
its 2015, why not do it on digitally on some password protected site that is then avaialable for all the gift givers on xmas eve?

we could still make artwork.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ive got some music i made with fruity loops like 15 years ago if anyone wants to hear it

here is the playlist

Beers on Mars
Die Soon Please
Do Somethin to Him, Ricky
Fuzzy Wiggler
Litterbox
Stacato Joe
Too Mani Bees (Time to poo poo)

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Pretty sure this is how AIDS got started

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

dad gay. so what posted:

ive got some music i made with fruity loops like 15 years ago if anyone wants to hear it

here is the playlist

Beers on Mars
Die Soon Please
Fuzzy Wiggler
Litterbox
Stacato Joe

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
were nancypants and this ones off our new album, bean institute editorial board

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
is there a way to post mp3 files in this thread? i cant find it if there is :mad:

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius
I'm down.

E-mail: username at gmail
How many partners: 3
International: yes
Review: yes
Mailing list: think I'm already on it, but sure

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
How the gently caress am I supposed to share all these rockin tunes when ain't nobody got no 8 tracks no more???? gently caress the future

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
E-mail: deathpiano@gmail.com

What country your partner will need to ship the CD to: USA USA USA :911:

How many partners you want: 2

Whether you are willing to ship outside of your own country: Yes

Whether you are willing to review your mixes: Yes

If you want to be put on a mailing list as to when these things go down: Yes

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Swap.wav

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

dad gay. so what posted:

here is the playlist

Beers on Mars
Die Soon Please
Fuzzy Wiggler
Litterbox
Stacato Joe

unironic want to hear this.

Vitalis Jackson
May 14, 2009

Sun and water are healthy for you -- but not for your hair!
Fun Shoe
Hey, can we just swap regular prerecorded CD's? I imagine it like this: I box up 10 prerecorded CD's and send them to a recipient that sends me his/her 10 prerecorded CD's. We listen to them for a while, and then return them to the sender. How does that sound?

Love,
Vitalis

OfF KiLTeR
Apr 16, 2007

Guess where this lollipop's going?
Buglord
I will enter into this in all seriousness. It's been a while since I have put together a mix of music that is really only to my own particular case.

I am in.

off_kilter(at)hotmail(dot)com

I will do three exchanges and I will do a review for each one. I will do a bonus review of a mix I found from Bowmore that I opened up only a couple months ago.

Also, I am in Canada... should that present an issue. I will ship anywhere.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

this was one of the only good things about Old GBS and i'm glad that it's finally back. i learned to like some good bands through previous exchanges and i can't wait to expand my musical horizons some more

WombatHerd@gmail.com (i was a dumb random loving teen and combined two old MTG cards to get this email handle. gently caress you)
USA
2 partners
only one international partner
nah i ain't reviewing poo poo
put me on the list

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
:ohdear: this is not going well at all so far. I probably should of bumped this earlier in the weekend but too late for that now.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

my nuts itch badly

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

axleblaze posted:

:ohdear: this is not going well at all so far. I probably should of bumped this earlier in the weekend but too late for that now.
welcome to new GBS

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

axleblaze posted:

you're lucky i didn't phone up my buddy with the riaa to have you locked up for piracy so count ur blessing it could be goi g a hell of a lot worse

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i am interested in smelling some things if this helps

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
we got to december 15th dont worry op lol

jtrdfw at gmail

US

3 partners; sexy partners preferred DDF

international : Yes to all. I think its even funnier to imagine a goon mix cd sitting in a basket full of chinese eggs and ipods and whatnot floating across the ocean in some groddy container megaship

reviews? Sure! They will be terrible reviews forewarning

mailing list: definite as there is no possible way id remember to do anything of this otherwise

OP: Take an oath, right now, that even if only 4 whole people sign up for this, that you absolutely go ahead with the plan. Its even funnier that way

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah, all right.

99berserkers at gmail

I'm in the U.S.

I'll take 3 partners if there are 3 partners.

I don't mind sending international, though I'd prefer if all three weren't, as I am not made of postage money.

I'll do reviews. Er, eventually.

If I'm not already on your mailing list, add me.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

OP: Take an oath, right now, that even if only 4 whole people sign up for this, that you absolutely go ahead with the plan. Its even funnier that way

I make no such promises.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Is this the something awful TB swap thread?

I've got a whole lot of blood coughed up on my screen so its a bit hard to read things.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

dad gay. so what posted:

is there a way to post mp3 files in this thread? i cant find it if there is :mad:

sure there is , just use GoonShrink Betav0201: Convert mp3 to code, post code in gbs, then the receiving goon converts the code back again.

0000003331110000000000033005555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555{{000000000000000000000000000000000030330304k55555555555555555555555555555555555555555

is a 5 second audio clip where i say "im gay too so wanna hang around the game arcade?"

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
E-mail: gothic.pepsi@gmail.com
How many partners: 2
International: yes
Review: yes
Mailing list: sure.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Bumpin for the weekend.

Nyagato
Apr 6, 2009
Email: Shimamiyan@gmail.com
How many partners: 3
International: Yes
Review: sure
Mailing list: ok

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
I got stiffed by all of my partners the last two times we did this :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Excited for this to make a comeback. I've been sitting on a mix idea since we stopped doing it. I promise I will not stiff anyone, but you may wish I had.

Email: lovelyhorse at gmx.net (you'll get replies from a different one though, don't be surprised)
Partners: 2
International: sure. I'll send anywhere but European partners are super appreciated, if only because I have a streak of bad luck and vanishing mail from overseas.
Review: yep! Might not be track-by-track and super in depth but I'll write something.
Mailing list: yes

e: incidentally, for anyone keeping track, we should be at swap #18.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Dec 5, 2015

• Locked thread