Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

The zone is now one of danger.

oh hey birb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
btw I haven't read the thread

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

totino boy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGH5oZPWwqQ

OFFICIAL MOD REQUIREMENT VIDEO MUST BE wATCHED OR MODKILL

confirming that i fulfilled this requirement

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Asiina posted:

Like in this game we started the session in a temple with a bound, unconscious princess slung over someone's shoulder and a couple of dudes barged into the room demanding we give her back. By the time combat resolved we had set the place on fire, pinned a couple of us to walls, found a secret opening that lead to a cave system, and released a demon that left the temple and went off to slaughter the village. Each bit of combat, failure or success, brought us a little closer to that situation. That all happened during our dice rolls to see if you hit guy with sword.

Yeah this game ruled. I was the one who summoned the demon. Oops.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
loving

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
IDIOT FORUMS WENT DOWN AND ATE MY POST

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote Ernie

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Asiina posted:

Anyway, why Ernie?

Because of the way the vote momentum swung after [url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3753141&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post453511490]this votefinder post[/b]. Ernie was one of the vote leaders, but then there was a super fast swing onto Vimes predicated on, well, not much of anything. However, Ernie wasn't leading the charge and hopped on the vote after having nothing to say about him previously, and after saying that you and BK were his top scum picks.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

Because of the way the vote momentum swung after this votefinder post. Ernie was one of the vote leaders, but then there was a super fast swing onto Vimes predicated on, well, not much of anything. However, Ernie wasn't leading the charge and hopped on the vote after having nothing to say about him previously, and after saying that you and BK were his top scum picks.

fixed link

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
did we ever get a final votecount for day 1?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

CCKeane posted:

Exakt should I eat you y/n/m

depends. do you want a snack with a tasty kick?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

BottleKnight posted:

EAT THEM FROM THE OVEN OR THE MICROWAVE. THINK ABOUT ALL THE TIME YOU SAVE.

Totino's? Totino's! How did you know??

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

BottleKnight posted:

Scumhunting. It's literally all we have. But is it any good?

depends if you are a scum, i think

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

yes please do

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
keane we go through this song and dance every single game

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
also you are obviously a scum for not wanting to eat a delicious totino's pizza roll

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

"ernie is scum because other people voted sirsamvines"?

what?

##vote jimson

my vote won't be moving, it's to rid this game of lovely attitudes and i will die on this hill

Nice misrepresentation of my case there Ernie.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

i was one of the vote-leaders but there were others, including bottleknight. what makes me scum but him not based on the vote swing?

I didn't say that. You also were pretty strong on his being scum yesterday. Have you cooled on that for some reason?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

no, but it doesn't matter because the context of the game's state matters more

yesterday i voted ssv and made it clear i was voting them on principle because i want to get the game going. same with my vote today on jimson. if that seems lovely to you, then call it that. but there's no need to invent 'scumhunting reasoning' to put a vote on me.

I'm not inventing anything. I saw a shift in momentum and called it out.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Here's what I saw. Other people voted Vimes, you hopped onto the vote after it had started to pick up momentum, you justify it post facto by saying it's a policy vote based on his lurkiness. There's also this post from your exchange with Asiina:

Ernie. posted:

okay, if ssv doesn't gain traction

also i wasn't paying attention that you were voting him. suddenly him parking his vote on you seems a lot worse.

Why not just vote BK in the first place, when he's already a voteleader, and already someone you're reading as scum. Hopping onto the newly formed Vimes bandwagon doesn't make sense if you actually believe BK is scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

I don't like this vote rationale. Generally I think that approach can be useful to town. Specifically I recently modded scum SSV and I don't think he was particularly careful or reserved.
##vote BottleKnight

Yeah birb this is crap.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

welp i'm replacing out and/or asking for a modkill

i don't have it in me to play a game where every tenth post is 'i don't care' 'i won't read' 'i'm not going to put effort in'

that's a terrible attitude, and shame on everyone who makes those posts for actively ruining games

nooo Ernie don't go :(

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

totino boy posted:

i'll show you something cool

Is it a punk song about punk pizza rolls?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

totino boy posted:

the oven is hot, the pizza totino boys circle it with hungry drooling mouths. PIZZA ROLLLLLLLLING STA-

wait i... i dont want to be a pizza roll" says ernie "i want to be a real boy! a man! a man who doesnt play mafia and loves and lives and has a family!"

NO YOU ARE A PIZZA ROLL IT IS TOO LATE THERE IS NO ESCAPE YOU MUST STAY HERE WITH US FOREVER AND POST AND POST AND POST ABOUT NOTHING! NOTHIGN! FOREVER!

'you cant make me! id rather die!"

THEN YOU SHALLLLL!!!

STOMP
STOMP
STOMP

ERNIE, TOTINOS ALIGNED PIZZA ROLL IS MODKILLED

THE DAY CONTINUES!

RIP Ernie you were to beautiful for this world/gaem

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Okay can someone summarize the case on BottleKnight for me?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Preferably someone who is currently voting for him.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

I don't like BK because ~gut~ at this point in d2 on SSV feels very wrong and fake, and then he continues on with being aggressive toward myself and refusing to provide even one post that gave him that gut feeling.

So that means that you think Vimes is town?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

lol thanks for adding to the conversation, birb

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Kashuno you seem to be defending Vimes awfully hard from BK's case. This implies to me that you think he's town and that BK is pushing a scum case. Why do you have the read on Vimes that you do?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

It does not

Okay then explain why Bottle is scum for casing him. It doesn't seem reasonable to think that they're both scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

The case is not that he is casing SSV and I believe SSV is town, the case I have presented was that I do not believe BK is accurately representing SSV's play, and that when further pressed for even one post of SSV's that was pinging BK's gut, he immediately became defensive and hostile, refusing to provide even what led him to feel the way he does.

I do not have a read on SSV at this time

I don't think this makes sense.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
You're casing BK is because, according to you, he's misrepresenting SSV's posting, but also don't have an alignment read on Vimes. I don't see how that matches up, unless you think BK could be bussing, which doesn't seem very likely to me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also Lowtax can't keep the forums up, smdh

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Asiina posted:

That makes sense. You don't have to believe someone is town or scum to think someone is misrepresenting someone's posts.

If I tried to spin this post of yours to say that it means you are scum claiming then people would be like oh man that asiina is making poo poo up trying to get exakt lynched, that is hosed up and scummy. That doesn't really say anything about your actual post content though.

I mean sure, but I don't see what motivation a scum BK would have to misrepresent someone's posts like Kash seems to be implying unless they were trying to get a townie mislunched.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I don't see the case on BottleKnight at all.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Asiina posted:

Good thing I'm not you!

That may be true, but you're still probably a scum.

##vote Asiina

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

BottleKnight posted:

Also nothing against you Exakt but I could definitely see you as scum. I'm the most likely person to be lunched today so far and you suddenly defending me reads as learned scum.

No offense taken. I'm defending you because of how bad the votes and cases on you look to me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

See with the defence of you plus the case on Ernie (who flipped town) which everyone has ignored, I was thinking Exakt looked a wee scummy there.

So I'm scum because I was wrong about Ernie? Pull the other one.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
it doesn't have to end like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Asiina posted:

It kinda does.

But really I imagine there is some scum among the lurkers and who it could be who goddamn knows and it's gonna come down to blind guessing and that will suck a lot.

Alternately we could do something other than lazily accept BK as today's lunch, but then you'd have to care about the fate of the town in order to want to.

• Locked thread