Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J
Jun 10, 2001

:siren: DESYNC IS FIXED. :siren:

The Atlas of Worlds expansion and the Essence challenge league launch Sept 2nd, 2016.
Watch the atlas of worlds trailer here.

https://www.pathofexile.com/

What is Path of Exile?

Path of Exile is a free to play action RPG created by Grinding Gear Games. It takes place in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast where you kill monsters and grab loot. The game has a ton of depth when it comes to creating character builds, and the free to play implementation is one of the best of any game out there. Try it! There is a standalone client available from the website, or you can get it on steam.

That's mjolner discharge, AKA gently caress your framerate, here's a billion explosions.

Free to play? :barf:

The store features purely cosmetic effects, and account features like stash tabs and character slots. There are no exp potions or boosts, no locked boxes that require real money to open, or any other stupid pay2win bullshit. You'll want more stash tabs eventually but you start with 4, and the game doesn't throw tons of crap that you feel obligated to hold onto. 4 stash tabs should last you until you know if you like the game or not.

Do I have to be online to play?

Yes.

How do I play with goons?

Edit: There is now a path of exile channel on the goon discord here: https://discord.gg/AkcVFAX As of this edit Budgie and Rodent are there and can handle guild invites, although the IRC will be kept going as well.

I'm copy/pasting this information from the previous thread - I don't know poo poo about the goon guild, feel free to let me know if any of this info is out of date or incorrect and I will update it.

:siren:DON'T PM ME ASKING FOR A GUILD INVITE! :siren:

quote:

We have a guild. We used to have two, but now there's just the one. How to get invited, courtesy of skyl3lazer:

Don't PM me for an invite. PM Skyl3blazer with a link to your SA profile, and in your profile include your character name in there. Or just get on the IRC: #pathgoons @ irc.synirc.net
The officers are: katasi,(also available on IRC), bugsy, dbk, pokchu, budgie, Hauki. Skyl3lazer is our leader. If you PM someone on IRC for an invite, include a link to your SA profile and include your character name in there as well.

Skyl3lazer posted:

Hello Friends,

As there is now the ability to see time since last logon to guild, I am doing ad-hoc purges. You're fair game if you've been offline for 1 month according to the game, so if you're actually playing you'll be fine. If it turns out we fill again and there's no 1+ month offline people, I guess the guild is Actually Full for that duration.

Basically it's time to start petitioning GGG to add some more guild slots is what I'm saying.

Here's a beginner's video guide series that will answer a ton of questions.

What are the classes?

Your class choice determines where you start on the passive skill tree, what skill gems you get from quest rewards, and what skill gems are available from vendors. That's it. Any class can use any skill or piece of equipment, presuming they meet the str/dex/int requirements.

When the ascendancy expansion is released in early 2016, each class will have some class-specific skill trees available only to them, but worry about that when it actually comes out.

• The Witch
    Intelligence focused character, starts with the fireball skill gem. She starts at the north side of the skill tree. A good pick for any spellcaster or summoner type character.

• The Templar
    Intelligence + Strength. Old man who doesn't wear pants. Starts with the glacial hammer skill gem, on the northwest end of the passive skill tree. Suitable for all sorts of builds both melee and caster alike.

• The Marauder
    Strength. Barbarian brute. Smash things, lots of life. Starts with Heavy Strike, on the southwest end of the passive skill tree.

• The Duelist
    Strength + Dexterity. Suave motherfucker. Good for dual wield melee builds. Starts with Double Strike, on the south end of the skill tree.

• The Ranger
    Dexterity. Excellent for bows and other projectiles. Starts with Burning Arrow on the southeast end of the skill tree.

• The Shadow
    Dexterity+Intelligence. Starts with viper strike, on the northeast area of the skill tree. His area of the skill tree is being reworked with the 12/11/15 patch to include more chaos damage and damage over time nodes. He also has some physical damage, elemental damage, and crit nodes.

• The Scion
    The "advanced" class, starts right in the middle of the tree. Must be unlocked on your account by playing through normal difficulty and finding her in a cage in the area before the final boss of act3. A very versatile starting point with lots of easy to reach jewel nodes, although the nodes next to the scion start aren't as good as nodes at the very start of the other classes. The versaility of being right in the middle of the tree makes up for that though. Starts with Spectral Throw.

What's up with these skill gems?

Skill gems are how you give your character abilities to use to kill bad guys. A skill gem must be placed into a matching color socket on your gear to be able to use it. For example, the fireball skill gem is colored blue. If you have a blue socket on your gear, you put the fireball gem in there, and in the bottom right you can assign fireball to a hotkey. Hooray, now your dude can cast fireball.

Any skill gem socketed into your gear gains experience as you kill bad guys. Eventually you will be able to level it up, indicated by the gem icon with a + button next to it on the right of the screen. If you don't want to level it, right click that prompt to hide it (it is still visible just below your inventory to level up if you change your mind.) Levelling a gem makes it better but also increases the stat requirement to use it, so be careful of that. If you have +10 intelligence on an item, and level up your fireball, and then later un-equip that item, you might gently caress yourself so watch out. Also, all gems gain the same amount of experience when socketed in your gear, they don't split it. If you have extra sockets feel free to throw gems in there to level them up for later or to sell. Gems socketed in your weapon swap weapons DO gain experiece as well, you should be levelling 6 gems on your weapon swap.

Some gems are classified as support gems, meaning that they improve other gems they are linked with. For example, you can socket a "faster casting" gem in a socket that is linked to your fireball to make your character cast fireball more quickly. This generally increases the mana cost of the ability by some percentage, indicated on the support gem itself. You can, and should, have as many support gems as you can linked to your main killing ability, provided you can afford the mana cost.

The color of the gem also generally indicates what stat it takes to use. Red for strength, green for dex, blue for int. Some gems require a little bit of two different stats.

What's the best class?
    That's not how this game works. All classes share the same tree, they just start in different spots. Of course, some of them are better at certain things than others. I'll get back to this in the passive section.

What the gently caress is this skill tree??
    The skill tree intimidates the gently caress out of people at first. Don't try to look at the entire tree all at once - most of your points are only going to be spent in one region of the tree.
    Basically, the tree is split in 3; intelligence (blue), dexterity (green), and strength (red).

Every class shares the tree, they just start in different spots. Some of the nodes are much bigger; they are major Keystones that more-or-less dramatically change your character.

If you are making your own build for the first time, something will probably be wrong with your character. This is normal and fine. One of the most common rookie mistakes is taking all offense and no defense. This isn't a game where you can comfortably kill stuff safely offscreen all the time and never get hit. Always pick up more %Life from the tree. Try to aim for at least 150% or so. The offline skill calc and poebuilder.com give you totals for most everything which is super useful.

What build should I play?

The classes/builds forums on the official forum are actually a pretty decent place to find build guides. Look at the overall quality and effort put into the guide, and the size of the thread. lovely or unproven builds won't have many replies. Look for builds that are beginner friendly, that don't require specific unique items or other expensive gear to function.

What are these orbs? What do you mean there is no gold?

Orbs are the currency of path of exile. They are consumable items that permanently modify items in some way. They also have trade value with other players. Rule #1: if you're new and don't know how rare an orb you just found is, loving ask somebody or look it up. Any orb can drop anywhere, at any level. As a general rule, you are most often better off trading your orbs to other players for item upgrades, rather than trying to spam orbs on your own items to craft yourself something.

Note: these lists aren't in exact order of rarity, I just grouped them up to make it easier for new players to skim so they don't gently caress themselves over by wasting a rare orb they shouldn't have.

Common orbs

Orb of Augmentation - adds a mod to a magic item that only has 1 mod. Feel free to use these, you generally can't trade them.
Orb of Transmutation - Turns a white item into a magic item that may have 1 or 2 mods. Use these too if you want, or vendor them for 4 scrolls of wisdom a pop. Vendoring unidentified items gives you shards of transmutation orbs.
Armourer's Scrap/Blacksmith's Whetstones - Improves the quality of armor or weapons, which improves the base damage or defense. White items gain 5%, blue gains 2%, rares/uniques gain 1%, with a quality cap of 20%. There are a couple of
different uses for these which I'll mention later.
Chromatic orb - randomly changes the colors of the sockets on an item. These are common but also important and you will want a lot of them at some point when you have a cool item with the wrong color sockets.
Alteration orb - Takes a magic item and gives it a new set of random mods. These are very useful and you will use a lot of them rolling flasks and jewels. You get alteration orb shards by vendoring identified items.
Jeweler's orb - Randomizes the number of sockets on an item. Note that the itemlevel of an item (put the item on your cursor and type /itemlevel), determines the maximum amount of sockets you can get by using these on it. For items that max out at 6 sockets like chest pieces or 2 handed weapons they need to be roughly item level 50 to roll all 6 sockets.
Chance orb - upgrades a white item to a random, higher tier rarity. Could be magic (blue), rare (yellow), or unique, if applicable. Basically gambling.

Uncommon Orbs

Glassblower’s Bauble - Improves quality of a flask, by 5%/2% for white/blue flasks.
Fusing orb - reforges the links on an item to a random state (that it's not currently in). So if you have an R G B item, using a fusing might make it R-G B, R G-B, or R-G-B. The odds are NOT equal though, the odds are weighted against you fully linking your item, heavily so for attempting to 5- and 6-link.
Note: if the item has quality on it, Jewelers and Fusings, when used on that item, will “consume” the items quality and, for that roll only, improve the chances of a favorable result. So if I jeweler a 1 socket, 20% quality item, I’m more likely to get 6 sockets compared to an attempt on a 0% Q item, but I also lose the 20% quality.
Alchemy orb - Takes a white item and turns it into a rare item with random properties appropriate to its itemlevel.
Scouring Orb - Turns an item into a white item with no mods. Sockets and links are preserved, however. There are some really advanced crafting uses of this but that's outside the scope of this post.
Blessed Orb - rerolls the numeric values of the IMPLICIT mods on an item. So say we have a 20% cold resist sapphire ring, say it’s magic and has +life and +fire resist on it. Using a blessed orb on it will reroll the cold resist percentage value only.
Chaos Orb - this is basically the us dollar of the PoE economy – always in demand, high use-value, many many things on trade-chat will be denominated in terms of chaos orbs. It does the same thing an Alteration Orb does (rerolls an item with new random properties), but for rare items. So it’s a version of gambling, but a structured one – one of the methods of end-game crafting involves alch’ing a desirable white item, and then chaos spamming it until the item is amazing. Trade chat values fluctuate a lot, but this is worth roughly 2 fusings. Most of us mortals will use these primarily for trading, it can take a LOT of them to make an end-game white item into a great rare.
Regret Orb - Gives you 1 passive respec point.
Cartographer's Chisel - Improves quality of a map.
Regal Orb - takes a magic item and makes it a rare item, adding ONE random mod. Since this three-mod item will likely be of little additional utility on its own, you can do one of two things with it 1) chaos it – this is dumb since if you didn’t care about the mods that were on your magic item, for the price you should have just scoured and then alc’d it 2) use exalted orbs, coupled with eternal orbs, to meticulously craft your ideal item.
Gemcutter’s Prism - improves the quality of a gem by 1%.
Vaal orb - Corrupts whatever you use it on. Corruption has a huge variety of potential effects depending on what kind of item you use it on. More importantly, a corrupted item cannot be further modified by any other currency orbs! Well, that is not entirely true, but let's just say further modifying a corrupt item is ridiculously expensive and just about never worth doing. So if a vaal orb fucks up the links and colors of your item, it is bricked. But good corruption effects are really, really good and can take an already good item to insanely good status. It's a form of gambling.

Rare Orbs

Exalted Orb - The rich man's currency of PoE. If a rare item has less than 6 properties, an exalted orb adds another one to it. This is just about never worth actually using yourself. You should trade these, they have immense trade value. Generally most of the best items in the game are traded for exalts.
Divine Orb - rerolls the EXPLICIT numeric values on an item. So for our Sapphire ring example earlier, a divine orb would reroll the life and fire resist only. Note that the range isn’t fully random, there are brackets depending on which specific life prefix you rolled – look up item affixes before you start considering using divine orbs on your things.

You won't find these so don't worry about it

Eternal Orb - These don't drop anymore, but they do still exist in some quantity on standard league. They let you create a snapshot of an item, and restore it later. So ultrarich crafters use an exalted orb and if the mod they got sucked, the eternal orb can restore the item back to how it was previously.
Mirror of Kalandra - This creates a copy of the item you use it on. A legal dupe. However, the duped item cannot be further modified by any other orbs, so you better make sure the links, socket colors, quality, etc are exactly what you
want beforehand. Mirrors are beyond super ultra mega rare and if you find one you basically won the lottery. Lucky rear end in a top hat.

I hosed up my build. How do I respec?
    If you do all the quests across all 3 difficulties, you'll get 18 skill refund points. Yes, you have to refund skill nodes 1 by 1. You can use orbs of regret to gain additional refund points if needed. Note that once you get the hang of it, you can level really fast in this game (more on that later), so if you aren't rich it is easier to just make another character if you REALLY hosed up. Follow a guide and you probably won't gently caress up enough to need to reroll.

I found an interesting build but it says that expensive unique is required! gently caress!
    It probably isn't. Some uniques really do help some builds. Some of them are expensive, some of them are a little rare, some of them are common. Some builds are based around specific uniques, like any facebreaker build, or anything low life (you need a shavronne's or solaris lorica, or chaos damage will kill you). But generally there is a variant of the build that doesn't need anything expensive.

What league should I create my character in? What's a challenge league?
    Challenge leagues are generally 3 or more months in duration and introduce a new mechanic or two into the game, along with a fresh economy. The next challenge league is the talisman league, starting on Dec. 11th. There are softcore and hardcore versions of the league for those who like the permadeath experience. Once the league is over, your character gets moved to Standard league. Or hardcore, if you played the hardcore challenge league. Any character that dies in a hardcore league gets moved to Standard.

Generally you can't go wrong playing the challenge league. I think most goons play the challenge leagues. If you really, really like your character you can keep playing it in standard afterwards. There is nothing inherently wrong with playing standard if you want, but you're liable to be lonely, and also the economy is a dumping ground of every item that has ever dropped for the entirety of the game's existence. Plus you miss out on the new additions of the challenge league.

Vaal Power Siphon.

I keep dying??
Cap your resistances! (Maximum is 75% by default) There's a -20% penalty to all resistances on cruel and -60% on merciless, which are generally balanced around the assumption that your resistances are capped. Swapping rings is a pro way of dealing with resists while levelling. Some bosses only deal certain types of damage, like Merveil is all cold damage. Putting on two Sapphire Rings makes the fight a complete joke. Some uniques have a ton of resistances. See Aurumvorax and Goldrim. you also probably need to get more life on your gear or on the passive skill tree.

On top of that, your flasks are really loving important. You always want at LEAST one bleed removal flask. It is a good idea to also have a flask that removes freeze, and a flask that removes curses. A "seething health flask of staunching" provides an instant heal, and removes bleeds at the same time - it is a great "oh poo poo" button.

Beware of the "corrupted blood" mod on elite monsters. It is a stacking bleed effect that stacks up as you hit them. It will kill you really fast, which is why you need a bleed removal flask.

What's the deal with these random guys offering me missions?

Those are masters, added with the forsaken masters expansion. They spawn randomly and will give you reputation for completing missions, and will appear in each act's town. Once you get the reputation level of a given master to level 3, talk to them in town and click the "create hideout" option to create your very own barbie dollhouse! The master you use to create the hideout determines the tileset, but other than that, it doesn't matter so just pick the one you think looks the coolest. Each master will have a crafting bench you can get from them, that modifies certain types of items. As you level up, more recipes will be unlocked for the crafting bench.

Once you've created your hideout, you can talk to the masters in town to invite them into your hideout, where they will act as vendors, and give you a daily mission that gives much more reputation than normal. The stuff they have for sale changes each time they level up, or each time you do that master's daily mission. Initially, you can only have 2 masters in your hideout. Once you get a master to level 5, you can talk to them to expand your hideout to allow for 3 masters and more barbie decorations. At level 7 it will expand again to allow for 4 masters.

PRO TIP: Type /claim_crafting_benches in your hideout to get all the benches at once so you don't have to shuffle all the masters into and out of your hideout to get all the benches!

Levelling is slow.
    Well, there's another couple vendor recipes that really help with this!
  • Weapon with +1 to Fire, cold or Lightning gems: 1x Magic (blue) Sceptre or Wand + 1x Orb of Alteration + 1x fire, cold or lightning ring.
  • Weapon with 20 to 89% Increased Physical Damage: 1x Weapon + 1x Blacksmith's Whetstone + 1x Rustic Sash. The rarity of the Rustic Sash will determine how much physical damage you get. Be aware that the higher affixes carry a level requirement.

Other fast levelling tips:

Only stop to kill large group of enemies. Run past individual enemies.

When you get to the town right off the bat, check the armor vendor for any boots with move speed. They may not have any but if they do, buy it. You always want move speed on your boots while levelling.

Wearing chest armor slows you down. Don't equip anything in the chest slot if you feel survivable enough without it.

Some skills are very very good while levelling that you can use and then switch to your main build later. Any skill that lets you do damage while moving forward is typically very good for levelling. As of this writing, fire trap, flame totem, and firestorm are the preferred way of levelling fast for any build that has the str and int requirements to use them. Craft a +1 to fire skills weapon using the recipe mentioned above, put flame totem and firestorm in it, and you are set for a very long time.

From the first quest where you get the medicine chest from the tidal island, take the loving quicksilver flask.

For a full guide on how to level really fast, here is a good video that explains all sorts of things you can do. Don't freak out over the 2 hour duration, the most important information is in the first 15-30 minutes of the video.

What's with these races I hear about?
    Racing owns. Very short duration leagues with (sometimes) crazy modifiers. You get rewards depending on how well you do. Please note that all races are hardcore, but some of them (Descent, Descent Champions, Endless Ledge) still reward you if you've died. Generally they break racing down into seasons lasting a month or two, and you get points depending on how well you do in each race. At the end of the season, the amount of points you have will get you a cool alternate art item reward.

Does this game have pvp?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Player_versus_player

It has several pvp modes that you can queue up for. There are also occassionally cutthroat league races, where anyone can enter anyone else's instance of a zone and kill them and take their loot. But outside of the arranged pvp options and that cutthroat race, there is no pvp otherwise. You can't declare hostility on anyone in your game like in diablo2, if that's what you're wondering.

What's the difference between increased and more?
    'Increased' stacks additively with other 'increased' sources. 'More' stacks multiplicatively with everything. This means that the gem 'Melee Physical Damage' gives you a 30% multiplier to all melee physical attack damage.

The wiki has a good article on this.

Chaos Innoculation is hard.
    Chaos Innoculation sets your health to 1, but makes you immune to chaos damage. You need stun immunity (Eye of Chayula or Unwavering Stance) and some way to escape freezes (Dream Fragments, Wanderlust or potions with the suffix 'of heat'). This is because freeze, chill, stun and shock duration are all based on damage done compared to maximum life. Keep in mind that having any energy shield gives you a 50% to avoid being stunned, so the new witch nodes for stun avoidance while casting really help. You also need to have a plan while levelling, you don't usually spec into chaos innoculation until act 2 merciless, and should have ~4-5k ES before you do. Make sure that you can spec into all the nodes after CI, too, because the last one is massive.

Basically don't do CI unless you know what the hell you're doing.

Hardcore tips?
    There's some harsh mobs. Rhoas, evangelists, devourers, tentacle miscreations, voidbearers are among the top killers. Rhoas will stun the gently caress outta you. Vaal Oversoul is real serious. Watch out for corpse explosion. Keep your flasks up to date. Instant flasks are a huge deal. Dominus will probably gently caress you over if you don't have a bleed removal flask.

Summon Skeleton + Spell totem is really good at keeping things distracted. Blind is also really, really good.

I'm poor as hell.
    Here are some vendor recipes that you should always be on the lookout for.
  • Any item with three linked sockets, one of each colour = 1 chromatic orb
  • Any item with six sockets = 7 jeweller's orb
  • Once you reach level 60 zones, a full set of rare items (meaning helmet, gloves, boots, body armour, belt, two rings, amulet, 2x one-handed / 1x two-handed / 1x bow) vendors for a Chaos Orb. Two if unidentified, three if unidentified + 20% quality. Personally I prefer identifying all rares but it's up to you. If you need more scrolls of wisdom, you can vendor armourer's scraps or transmutation orbs. Try to haul back as many rares as you can to town each time - IDing them and vendoring them will give you alteration orbs and a slow trickle of alchemy orbs.
  • Don't use your currency if you can help it. Trading is almost always better value.
  • Oh and don't bother identifying blues past, like, level 10, unless it's in a slot you really need an upgrade for.

I want to try out this whole trading thing and I joined trade chat and it is just a bunch of spam, this poo poo sucks.

There are a few third party websites and programs that make the trading process so, so much easier. http://poe.trade/ is your friend - it indexes the official trading forums and allows you to search for items that way, filtering on what stats you want. I highly recommend at the bottom, turning "buyouts only" and "online only" to ON. This will show you items from sellers who are both online, and have a price listed they are willing to sell the item for. If you see something you want, first click the "verify" link on the listing - this will check if the seller actually still has the item, assuming they haven't sold it within the last few minutes. If verify checks out, then click the "whisper" link on the listing and copy that entire message to your clipboard and paste it in game. It'll look something like this:

@NameofGuySellingItem Hi, I would like to buy your ItemName listed for X orbs in LeagueName

Generally, they will invite you to their party. Accept, go to the social tab and click the party tab, right click on the seller's name, and click visit hideout. Wait a few seconds for them to find the item in their stash, they will open a trade window and put it up, you put up the currency, mouseover the item, click accept. Say thank you, and leave the party. Most trades are quick and easy and are more like trading with robots than humans. Yeah, sometimes sellers will be AFK or some poo poo, that's just life. Find another seller and move on.

Now, selling stuff is a bit more complicated. First, you'll want to head on over to the official forums and post a thread in the trading forum for the league you're in. Don't put any effort at all whatsoever into the title or formatting of your thread! No sane human is going to be reading any of these threads, they are all just here to get indexed by poe.trade. Now, how do you get poe.trade to index your items?

Here is how to format the contents of your thread to get poe.trade to index your poo poo. When logged into the official site you can browse your stash, and click on items to create links to them that are visible on the forum. Then use the tags as indicated by the previous link to price them. Give poe.trade a bit of time (15-30 minutes maybe) to index your thread and your items should appear on poe.trade for sale. Once your stuff actually appears on poe.trade, if the items are good enough and the price is right, people will send you a whisper asking to buy it, invite them to your group, go to your hideout, trade them the item. Done.

Now you might be thinking, maintaining a forum thread and updating it every time you sell something or find something new is a pain in the rear end. That's because it is. Fortunately, there are a few third party applications that will update your thread for you. One is Procurement,, the other is Acquisition. I'm more familiar with Acquisition, so I'll use it as an example.

Acquisition lets you price items either individually, or by stash tab. You log into acquisition with the PHPsessionID from your browser, and give it your threadID from your shop thread on the forum. It will detect changes to your stash tabs, and update your shop thread accordingly all while running in the background. You can set up a bunch of stash tabs with varying prices. 5 alterations, 1 fusing, 1 chaos, 2chaos, and so on. Play the game, find a decent item, eyeball the price and throw it into the appropriate stash tab. Acquisition will see this, update your shop thread, then poe.trade will see that, and your item appears on poe.trade. Then people will hopefully buy it! All without any interaction from you past the initial setup of acquisition. If your stuff doesn't sell, move the item to a cheaper stash tab. If it still doesn't sell, vendor it and make room for new stuff.

EDIT: Public stash tabs have been added! If you have a premium stash tab, you can right click on it, make it public, and price the items inside of it so that they will be indexed on poe.trade. You no longer need to gently caress aroudn with acquisition or any other third party apps.

Item Filters

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Item_filter

Item filters let you customize how items on the ground appear. You can change the color of the text, the size of the text, play a sound when a certain type of item drops, or hide item altogether. It is extremely customizable and great for making specific things easier to see while hiding clutter. Creating an item filter involves editing a text file - fortunately other people make some pretty drat good filters that you can just download and use yourself. All you have to do is download the text file, plop it in the path of exile folder, rename it, and load it in the in game options screen. Easy. I highly recommend Neversink's item filter, which is a pretty good all purpose filter. Here's an example of what it looks like:

No item filter installed:

With neversink's item filter installed:

Useful Autohotkey Scripts and poo poo

* http://lutbot.com/#/ - Logout, invite-last-whisper, /hideout, /remaining, ladder-overlay and more
* https://github.com/aRTy42/POE-ItemInfo/releases - Item information, are the rolls on the item good, etc.
* https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro - An expanded version of ItemInfo that price checks poo poo.

What endgame content does this game have?

Endgame areas are generated through the map system. Maps are items that start dropping at level 60+ or so. You place a map in the map device in the arcane laboratory in act 3, (the master Zana, who only spawns in maps, can give you a "crafting bench" that lets you create map portals in your hideout) and it generates 6 portals to a high level zone. Dying, or leaving to sell loot, costs you a portal, and once all 6 portals are used up, you can't get back in the map zone you just created. Maps can be modified by currency orbs - you can use an orb of transmutation to make the map magic, and an augment orb to add another mod to it. You can also use alchemy orbs and chaos orbs to reroll rare maps. Mods on the map give bonuses to item rarity, quantity, and monster pack size in the map. Usually the more dangerous mods result in higher bonuses. If your character is good enough to run maps with tough mods, you get significantly more loot.

Beginner maps start at tier 1 and contain level 68 mobs, with the highest and rarest maps being tier 15, or level 82 zones. Note that maps scale up in rarity and difficulty pretty quickly. Just because your character is level 80 doesn't mean you should expect to be doing level 80 maps!

For a much more in depth guide to maps, check this guide out. Covers just about everything you can think of regarding maps.

In addition to maps, there is a boss called atziri that you can fight. The pieces to create the portals to her zone, called fragments, drop in corrupted side areas that spawn randomly anywhere in the game. Atziri has her own unique drop table, and drops her own "uber" fragments that let you create a zone that contains a much tougher version of the fight as well, that drops some of the best items in the game.

Coming with the talisman league, you will be able to fight a boss called Rigvald by sacrificing five tier 3 talismans.

Other than maps and bosses, you can farm dried lake in act 4, which is the best non-map farming area in the game because of its extremely high enemy density. It is also very good for levelling gems, since gems don't get experience penalties for being too high level for the zone.

If you just can't get enough loot, you can try making a character that stacks item rarity and quantity bonuses on gear to get even more drops. These items usually have negative defensive stats, so you typically need to use skills like totems or poison arrow that let you deal damage from far away while running around yourself. If you have a lot of item rarity and quantity on gear, this will stack with the bonuses from a well-rolled map, and result in lots and lots of loot if you avoid dying too often. Some people will start a league with a character like this and use it to bankroll a "good" build that is more dependent on expensive items, and then use that build to work their way up to high level mapping.

Commonly used acronyms for discussing builds and poo poo in this game

Read posted:

CI - Chaos Innoculation (1 HP & Immune to Chaos dmg)
EB - Eldritch Battery (ES becomes mana)
MoM - Mind over Matter (30% of dmg goes to mana)
RT - Resolute Technique (Never miss, never crit)
BM - Blood Magic (Use hp for skills instead of mana)
IR - Iron Reflexes (Evasion converted to armour)

IC - Immortal Call
CWDT, CoC - Cast When Damage Taken, Cast on Crit
LMP/GMP - Lesser/Greater Multiple Projectiles
HoI/T/A - Herald of Ice/Thunder/Ash
WED - Weapon Elemental Damage
ST - Spectral Throw
EK - Ethereal Knives

DoT - Damage over time (like poison)
Aoe - Area of effect (anything that affects an area, like ice nova or whatever)
SC/HC - Softcore (standard) / Hardcore
IIR/IIQ - Increased Item Rarity/Quantity
MF - Magic Find (see IIR/IIQ)

Old thread

Some useful links, mostly stolen from the even older thread:

Here's some gifs that are too big:
Mjolner Ball Lightning
Incinerate
Lightning Arrow
Spectral Throw
Just a cool dude

Thanks to everyone who posted information in previous OPs that I kept for this one. If I've left anything out, or something needs to be corrected, let me know. If you PM me asking for a guild invite I might call you a dumbass.

J fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Feb 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ascendancy Official Site
Ascendancy Classes

Features:

quote:

Trials of Ascendancy
Six types of lethal traps have been crafted by Izaro into elaborate puzzle rooms - an entirely new gameplay type for Path of Exile.

The Lord's Labyrinth
An entirely new system for generating sequences of random areas, the overall layout of the Labyrinth shifts every day, uncovering new puzzles and secrets.

Emperor Izaro
You will face Izaro multiple times during the Labyrinth and the fight will evolve depending on your actions in previous encounters.

Ascendancy Classes
There are 19 new Ascendancy classes, each with its own additional Ascendancy Skill Tree to master.

Enchantments
Izaro's power can also be used to infuse items with powerful magic. These enchantments trigger specific skills and effects to occur on certain conditions. Each time the Labyrinth is completed, you may add one of these enchantments to an item.

New Skills
Ascendancy introduces a set of devastating new skills and support gems to customize your character with.

New Items
Featuring dozens of Unique Items and Divination Cards designed by Path of Exile's community, Ascendancy adds tantalizing power for players to discover.

Ascendancy Skill Gem Previews

Earthquake
Stone Golem
Ancestral Protector
Sunder
Frost Bomb and Orb of Storms
Ice Trap and Cluster Trap

J fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 25, 2016

J
Jun 10, 2001

poptart_fairy posted:

Brill, cheers. :)

Ton of this stuff starts with talking about six link epic triple bollocks and I just want to summon ghosts and tiny skulls!

Well, any build guide worth a poo poo will discuss what gems to use if you have a 6 link just for the sake of completeness. But 6 links are an extreme luxury, you don't need one to do a vast majority of builds out there. Most summoner builds are pretty gear independent from what I've seen, you'll be just fine.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I really want to try some kind of melee character with blasphemy but the commonness of curse immunity as a map mod kills my excitement for that. I don't like curse immunity as a map mod, it should be reduced curse effectiveness, but whatever. Going to be doing some kind of chaos damage caster using the new spells for sure, I still haven't quite decided what skill tree though.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ekster posted:

Here's a google spreadsheet of build archtypes ProjectPT created on the right side, with some random builds by other people he's currently reviewing on twitch. Just copy+paste the link in the new Offline PoE Skill Tree and you should have a good idea of what to do.

And if for some reason that list isn't enough build ideas, here's hegemony's list of builds he's come up with too.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I like that change, the bottleneck should be the talisman drops themselves, not the altars while you have a stash tab fill up with talismans.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Anyone messed around with the buffed melee splash gem yet? Is it good enough to consider using with some previously unused single target skills, or are cyclone/reave/ice crash still just better?

J
Jun 10, 2001

soscannonballs posted:

So is Mjolner not that good anymore? I've gotten pretty lucky with drops in Talisman so I was considering looking into one of the cool looking "poo poo everywhere" builds and Mjolner is a lot cheaper than I thought it would be.

Most mjolner builds seem to want voll's devotion, which is really loving expensive and even if you can afford voll's devotion you're better off using it in a cyclone cast on crit discharge build instead of mjolner.

J
Jun 10, 2001

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I fiddled around throwing discharge on my CoC cyclone and with triple curse (via blasphemy), it actually worked pretty well despite having a really low crit chance. I'm considering making a budget CoC Discharge using that principle. I am sorta getting tired of using Cyclone though. It gets fiddly with terrain.

Incidentally Mathil just updated his cyclone coc discharge guide very recently. The big addition is using blade vortex with power charge on critical - it generates absolute poo poo loads of power charges. He says this version of the build does more damage without voll's devotion than the old version did with it, which is loving insane. Looks like it needs a vagan dagger, enough elreon jewelry to cover cyclone's cost, and a 5 link voll's protector.

J
Jun 10, 2001

amazeballs posted:

Man Blasphemy + Warlord's Mark is extremely strong. My friends are all running vastly different builds and yet all of us are relying on this defensive combination.

I get the feeling this is going to be addressed in a balance pass at some point because it seems too good not to use unless its somehow not feasible with your build.

Well, 35% mana reserved and a curse slot is a pretty significant investment. It ought to be good. Plus curse immunity is a very common map mod. I'm not too concerned about them nerfing it, but who knows.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Maddot_66 posted:

I guess I missed that in that wall of text, thanks. How long does it usually take for updates to go through on poe.trade?

EDIT: how do I get into currency exchanges? I have no idea how to figure out exchange rates, or what the currency section on the acquisition app means or how to use it.

Currency exchange rates fluctuate as a league progresses. The best way to get a handle on it is, unfortunately, to sit in trade chat and look at the ratios people are offering. You can also use the noticeboards in towns in each act where people post public parties, lots of them use them to post trade offers as well. While sitting in trade chat you'll see these people post these huge paragraphs saying WTB (insert a giant goddamn list of every currency in the game here.) These guys are usually currency flippers who sit around all day buying currency from newbies or desperate people for low, and reselling for high later. This means the numbers they are offering are dogshit, and the real value is above what they are offering. Incidentally that also applies to people who do the same thing with divination cards.

To get you started here are some ballpark figures on talisman softcore right now:

15 alterations:1 chaos
18 chromatics: 1 chaos
8 jewellers:1 chaos
1.5-2 fusings: 1 chaos
12-15ish chaos: 1 divine
75 chaos: 1 exalt

Those are really the only currencies you'll need to worry about trading, for the most part. Don't forget that you can buy currency from the NPC vendors as well, which serves as a price floor.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Well, aside from tabula rasa, a unique 6linked chest that has no other stats and costs about 30chaos, getting a 6link is generally an extreme luxury. You have to either get super lucky, or farm like hell to buy one outright. As other folks have mentioned you can usually just buy a 6linked item for less than the 1500 fusings it'd cost from vorici to force one yourself. A vast, vast majority of builds don't "need" a 6link to function and can do just fine with a 5link, which is way cheaper and easier to obtain. So yeah, they are quite rare.

J
Jun 10, 2001

The gist of that dagger is you use it with cast on crit cyclone discharge, called fakener because it used to be a "fake mjolner" build back when mjolner builds were the better way to use discharge. Not the case anymore, which is why mjolners are so cheap. Daggers are fast and have bonus chance to crit, so they are the best base weapon for this. You're just trying to crit as frequently as possible, the damage of the hits from the dagger itself aren't what matters. You start with a dagger from vagan, which has the hits can't be evaded mod. That's huge because now you don't have to care about accuracy as a stat whatsoever and can just focus on stacking more crit chance, crit multiplier, and spell damage bonuses on your other gear slots. The build wears voll's protector, which gives you a power charge every time you crit. Running cyclone, cast on crit, discharge, blade vortex, every time you crit, you discharge all your power charges for a poo poo load of lightning damage. It also stacks up blade vortex, which is only there because it hits many times very quickly for even more crits, to stack even more power charges. This leads to whole bunches of discharges being cast over and over, all loaded with power charges.

If you're rich as gently caress, you add in voll's devotion, which gives you an endurance charge every time a power charge is spent. Now discharge starts dealing poo poo loads of fire damage too since you're now generating tons of endurance charges with your power charges. I think it's the most powerful build in the game right now and wouldn't be surprised at all if they made discharge not work with cast on crit at some point in the future. It used to be a very wealth gated build since it didn't take off until you had voll's devotion, but with the addition of blade vortex in the last update, now the build is very strong even without voll's devotion and just goes completely off the charts if you do get it.

What I'm saying is, check your vagan's inventory every time he levels up or you do his daily mission. If he's selling a dagger with the hits cannot be evaded mod, it is worth quite a lot right now and you should sell that poo poo. You don't even have to craft it, the blue base is worth a lot by itself. I'm not sure if it is profitable to craft it up yourself and sell the finished product - who knows, it might be, do your homework.

J fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 29, 2015

J
Jun 10, 2001

2015 restrospective from Chris. Bolded part mine, since I don't recall seeing anything about an ascendancy release date before this, but maybe I missed it.

quote:

It's the start of 2016 here in New Zealand, so we wanted to post our annual retrospective on 2015. At the end of 2014, we said that it was our best year ever. We're proud to announce that 2015 was a better year for both the game and the company. 2016 is hopefully going to be an even bigger year - we've got some really exciting stuff planned, starting with the Ascendancy expansion in March.

In 2015:

Path of Exile continued its international expansion, with launches in Thailand, Russia/CIS and Brazil.
We released our largest expansion ever: The Awakening, and announced our next expansion: Ascendancy.
In addition to challenge leagues, we ran many one-month events, including the experimental Darkshrine events.
Path of Exile had its highest number of hours played in a year.
Players set a record for Supporter Pack purchases. We can't thank you enough for your amazing support.
We sold well over a million stash tabs and over 50 Pukeko Pets! :P
Grinding Gear Games expanded to 60 staff and moved to a new, larger office with room for 110 developers!
We deployed 70 updates/patches to our realm and an equivalent number to each of the Garena realms.
We released the final two issues of our Digital Comic series and a physical Trade Paperback version.
We completed 120 Divination Cards designed by Supporters.
We almost completely fixed desync.
Zero shields were turned into Kiwis. There were, however, some cats.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah tabula is a guaranteed 6 link with white sockets. You can put any color gem you want in white sockets. It's a pretty drat useful item, you can use it for levelling in hilarious fashion, or testing out gem combinations without having to blow through bunches of chromatics. Tabula is a bit of a trap, though since you'll get accustomed to having the 6 link and will never want to take it off for a non 6 linked chest. Some builds can get away with that for quite a long time though.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I want to tidy up the builds section of the OP but ascendancy is going to flip the game on its head again, :effort: If anyone has any links to any build guides they've tried that they felt were good I'd be happy to add them to the OP, since right now it basically consists of my best guesses going into this patch.

The ascendancy nodes are really interesting to me because most of them are super powerful. Even if they were to get toned down from the preview numbers, they'd still be a significant power increase. A lot of people think the game is too easy, but I bet the average player barely makes it into maps before finding out their build sucks, getting alt-itis, or just quitting anyway. Makes me wonder what the difficulty of any new content they add is going to be like.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Vasudus posted:

It's time for me to think about making a Mjolnir build. I don't want to do a Volls based build, probably double Arc. Recommend me some builds or gear or whatever.

I've been wondering the same thing. All the non-voll's pieces are pretty affordable, but every mjolnir build I've looked at all use voll's. Even the "budget" ones that don't, still ultimately get better with it. I haven't yet found a build that I really liked the looks of, but I've also never tried mjolnir at all before.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Wait since when was Mjolner only ~1ex?

Quite a while ago mjolner got nerfed, then a while later they quadrupled the drop rate of all the rarest items in the game. Plus the most expensive piece of a mjolner build was the voll's devotion neck, and people found out that cast on crit cyclone is a better way to use that neck to fuel discharge than a mjolner. So basically, supply went up and demand went down.

J
Jun 10, 2001

The Wu-Tang Secret posted:

Has anybody else been having horrible lag issues all weekend? I can play maybe one or two areas without major issues, but then I start running into issues where everything freezes except some particle effects and environmental animations for 30 seconds or more, then plays everything out at double speed (generally without any of my inputs, so if an enemy comes on screen, I just loving die). So the game is literally unplayable. Anybody know what could be causing this? I'm not noticing connection problems with anything else on my computer, so I have no idea what's causing it.

At the login screen go to the options menu and in the UI tab, change the networking mode from "auto" which it is on by default to predictive and see if that helps any. If you're on auto, it checks your connection every time you change zones to see if lockstep or predictive mode would work better, but if it sets it to lockstep and then your connection is flakey or unstable at all, even if it isn't outright disconnected, weird poo poo can start happening.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Here's a preview of a new skill coming in ascendancy called earthquake. Looks like an iteration on ice crash where they wanted to make a slow hitting, powerful skill, but didn't want to make attack speed the best thing to use with it.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Storm cloud is insanely good for levelling, try that too.

J
Jun 10, 2001

RossCo posted:

I'm approaching the point where I'm willing to go into the hyper intimidating trading system, and there is one point re: uniques that I am curious on:

Am I best buying, say, a Deaths Harp with one socket for 1 chaos and then rolling for better links and colours? Or should I wait and pay more for a better rolled unique with say 4 links straight off the bat?

Trying to get a feel of the value of different currencies and when to use them is tricky though cool.

Time is money, friend. For really common uniques, especially low level ones used for levelling up, just search poe.trade for 4 linked death's harps with buyouts. Maybe you'll see one with a price comparable to an unlinked one, if so, grab it. Other times you'll see ones that are marked up and might not be worth the expense. While you could wait around to try for a deal, you should just ultimately buy one and link it yourself if you have to and get to levelling.

To get even more specific, since you can use this process when shopping for just about any item: it looks like unlinked death's harps are 1c or less. A few are listed for 1 fusing. Really common uniques that all get listed for 1c, you could probably just offer someone 1 fusing or 1 alch orb and they would take it since they'd rather get the poo poo moved out of their stash rather than collect dust. If not there are 50+ other sellers who might. Or maybe some nice goon has one that they'd give you for free. Right now as of this post I see a 4 socket unlinked harp for 1 fusing on poe.trade, try to buy that one. Then, on average, you can expect it to take 5 fusings to 4 link using vorici as the baseline. Fusings are about 2:1 chaos, or 1.5:1 chaos. It takes on average 10 jewellers to get 4 sockets on something, again using vorici's crafting bench as the baseline. Jewellers are roughly 8:1 chaos. So, rough estimate if you bought a harp with 1 socket and had to do it all yourself you could expect it to cost 4-5 chaos grand total to buy it and link it up. If you see a 4 linked one for less than that, buy it. Then you'll have to use some chromatics to color it, so I guess I forgot that part of the cost but buying poo poo with the exact colors you want is probably not all that easy to do, so the expense will be the same no matter which way you go.

Unique items in general are super easy to price using poe.trade.

J
Jun 10, 2001

dis astranagant posted:

What are some good 2h melee uniques to level with? I just hit level 40 and I'm running out of sashes to make into lovely weapons. I took resolute technique, if that affects my choices any.

Geofri's baptism is level 27 required but is really good and may still be an upgrade for you. After that, rigwald's charge requies level 44 but would be the next upgrade. Then there is terminus est at 51, kaom's primacy at 58.

JawnV6 posted:

I haven't played in a really long time and have no idea what 'vorici' means, assuming it's one of those guys who keeps bugging me to do fetch quests and there are now guaranteed recipes instead of currency roulette? Neat!

If you mean the npcs that spawn randomly in zones with a quest in that zone, vorici is the name of one of them. They are called "masters" and when you get one to level 3 you can create a hideout and invite them inside. Each one offers you a different crafting workbench for your hideout that modifies items in certain ways. Vorici's handles sockets, links, and colors. You put your item in the bench, and can spend 10 jewellers orbs (as an example) for a guaranteed 4 sockets on your item.

J
Jun 10, 2001

There's nothing wrong with molten strike. As far as melee builds go, some builds use a single target skill, others don't and just use their aoe ability to kill everything. It just depends on the build and what gear you have. Depending on how you link it, molten strike can do both. One thing to consider is that if you're not using a 2handed weapon you're only going to have one 5 or 6 linked skill to use, which is typically going to be your aoe ability. A 4 linked single target skill may or may not be worth using at that point, it just depends.

For pros and cons, as a general rule in path of exile, enemies don't really have that much armor. Physical damage is very effective across the board as a result. On the other hand, bosses and elite monsters are often very elementally resistant. Any melee skill that converts a percentage of its physical damage into elemental will find that the elemental portion of the skill does significantly less damage against those enemies. Melee builds often won't be using the -resistance curses, or a penetration support gem to reduce the target's resistances. They're focused on scaling physical damage instead.

Other things to consider are just the "feel" of the skill and how it plays. Heavy strike does all physical damage, but it knocks the target back, which is annoying and wastes time having to step forward to attack again. Mess around with various skills and see how they play. Melee skills are way more dependent on gear than the level of the gem.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Tykero posted:

This is very specific information, so may not be helpful to anyone else, but I figured I'd post it.

I'm doing an Ice Crash build, and pondering my link options.

I currently have a 5L I can use. The first four choices are pretty obvious: Ice Crash, Melee Physical Damage, Weapon Elemental Damage, and Increased AoE.
These are all pretty much "must-have" choices as far as I can tell.

I was trying to decide between Added Fire Damage and Cold Penetration for the fifth link. Doing a bit of rough math, and considering that I'm also running Hatred, it looks like Cold Penetration will add anywhere from slightly more to much, much more damage, depending on how much Cold Resistance the mob has (with more resistant mobs resulting in much more damage added). If you're not running Hatred, however, Cold Penetration only adds more damage if you're attacking a mob with high cold resistance.

I don't see Cold Penetration advocated much in Ice Crash guides (probably because it doesn't give you those sweet tooltip dps numbers) so I figured I'd mention what I found.

It's always a good idea to try stuff out and see how it is, even if no guides ever mention it. Run over to dried lake and use voll as a punching bag and experiment with different gem setups and see how they feel. That said, I feel like melee phys, weapon elemental damage, and faster attacks would be my first 3 links for ice crash. From there, I don't mind the blue slot for increased aoe, because you can also carry around a concentrated effect gem and swap it in for bosses, or for maps that have lots of narrow hallways like crypt where aoe isn't needed. Should you get a 6th link, a red socket would let you swap between life leech for reflect maps, fortify for general survivability, or added fire damage if you just wanted more damage. Although I agree with ultima that added fire isn't a very good gem, but having the socket be red so you can swap in life leech or fortify as needed is the more important part. You might even argue that instead of the blue socket as the 5th link, you could make the red socket as the 5th link.

All of those gems are great options - which one to drop for cold pen? I really don't want to drop any of those for cold pen. You could swap cold pen in place of faster attacks on the fly, I suppose. I personally don't think that's worth it, but I'm just going off gut feeling, I don't have math to back it up. But again - don't take my word for it. Test things out.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yup, in act4 merciless don't bother doing anything after the skill point quest. If you really must do it for a challenge completion or whatnot, then come back later when you've levelled and geared up a lot more.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Eh, if you like races then do them, but if you don't like them, don't do them just to get a certain item unless you're specifically after sweet alternate art. If you spent the same amount of time just farming currency you could almost certainly buy the item outright and have currency leftover. For example, whispering ice can be had for under 10chaos on talisman SC right now.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Safari Disco Lion posted:

ID Rigwald's items challenge?

On that note - if you find any of the items on the "ID these items" challenges, check the price BEFORE you identify it. Odds are the price is way higher unidentified. Many of them are worth multiple exalts at this point.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Worst part about the standard stash for anyone who has been playing leagues for a while is that it is an absolute clusterfuck. I've tried cleaning mine out on multiple occasions and it is just a total slog. If there was a way to just give someone else permission to just sift through it and take whatever, I'd let them.

J
Jun 10, 2001

It's a tornado shot build, chances are the problem is just a really lovely bow.

J
Jun 10, 2001

One of the things they specifically mentioned at one point was allowing tools like poe.trade to get more accurate information about if a player is online, for example.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Berserker seems really lame. I don't want to be getting hit for more than 20% of maximum life at all ever, and if it happens I certainly don't want it to be a regular occurrence. The other 2 classes seem pretty cool though.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Flasks are super duper insanely good. Look at this fukken build that abuses the absolute poo poo out of flasks. An entire ascendancy class with more flask nodes has tons of potential. Although I do think the first ranger ascendancy class (sharpshooter? forgot the name), is also extremely good.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Ascendancy launching March 4th, 12:00pm pacific. No dead time in between leagues, nice.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Easier to increase maximum resistance? Interesting, considering they've been removing it from the tree for a while now.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Pretty interesting 24 hour race starting friday.

Solo only, malachai kill race, but with 20 strongboxes in each area, and "drifting areas of cold damage" which are presumably there to kill you while you're too busy sifting through your sweet stacks of strongbox loot.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Yeah the usual standbys of totems or traps and firestorm should be good, simply because I'm expecting the arctic clouds to move around and you'll want skills that can do good damage while moving around yourself. Of course, maybe the gimmick is that the clouds are loving enormous and you're going to be taking damage from them constantly so you may want a build with more health sustaining capabilities, who knows.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Hauki posted:

I got like halfway through the race before realising I just do not give two shits about the rewards and wondered why I wasted all that time

This is what happened to me too, only at a lot earlier point. The clouds are really annoying and I'm not even to the point where they start doing significant damage yet.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Burno posted:

http://currency.poe.trade/

Maybe your ratios are off, a quick look at Talisman, Talisman HC, and Standard and your ratios don't fit any of them for fusing:ex

I haven't played in a while so I'm not familiar with current ratios enough to tell just by looking, but are enough people using currency.poe.trade now to make it a decent option? When I was trying to use it earlier in talisman league the only offers posted were terrible scam ratios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

pork never goes bad posted:

Ok, so I did that. I have to level one of my CWDT gems so it can cast the golem and IC, but other than that it's going. I also added Hatred for easy maps, and HoA for harder ones (I can't run Hatred, Blasphemy, and AA together, so I drop AA for Hatred). Still looking for gear advice, it's hard for me to tell which of my pieces are easiest to replace, and I think I'll probably have to replace 2 at a time in any case.

Just quickly eyeballing it, it does look like you're in a spot where you're going to have to replace multiple things at once. It looks like your belt and gloves with those huge +str rolls are covering your gem stat requirements. When you replace them, you really want +life on those slots but will need to make sure you have enough strength, so keep that in mind when picking out upgrades. But also, you'll want to upgrade to a lightning coil at some point too, which is going to put your resistances in a tough spot, particularly lightning resist. What you want to try to avoid is replacing gloves and belt, then getting a lightning coil later and realizing you need to replace the gloves and belt again. Unfortunately it looks like that build only picks up 2 jewel slots, which are a cheap and easy way to plug resist holes.

• Locked thread