Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol i don't remember anything about X or X-2. i was meaning to get that remaster but i got enough on my gaming plate & the next FF game i'm playing is Lightning Returns anywya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

also i platinumed XIII and XIII-2 and that quiz part in XIII-2 where the questions were about the lore of the game was terrible and i wish i had never subjected myself to it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mr Snips posted:

also i platinumed XIII and XIII-2 and that quiz part in XIII-2 where the questions were about the lore of the game was terrible and i wish i had never subjected myself to it

i absolutely used a guide for those, since it's impossible for anyone to remember what color some NPCs necklace was in the 3rd cutscene of the first game

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

same, but even with a guide it was tedious

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This thread convinced me to go buy a used copy of FFXIII. My backlog and my loving wallet thank you

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Vanille is adorbs and Hope seems non annoying which seems radical for a boychild in a japanese game hope he continues to be relatively subdued

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Shaquin posted:

Vanille is adorbs and Hope seems non annoying which seems radical for a boychild in a japanese game hope he continues to be relatively subdued

you post like a braindead GBS

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you post like a braindead GBS

No offence but the source is washed up fyad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

yeah thought so, lol this guy

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Being a big jerk doesn't mean you still got the fire homie

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Shaquin posted:

Being a big jerk doesn't mean you still got the fire homie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1aepdRV41w

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Oh hells yes i bought a rig with a vidwi card ill need 69000 lmao watts to keep cool at the right time

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
it's fun in new game plus to turn on the limit break option and just get insanely powerful while chilling out and enjoying the cool area design. the music is also awesome if I remember right

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqoeVm5fZuQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That and balamb garden are my most played songs in Theatrhythm

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

That and balamb garden are my most played songs in Theatrhythm

when youre playing vs online and the other guy picks one winged angel

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I never got into Final Fantasy but everyone in Imp Zone says its great. But I always heard they were grindy?? Anyway the action RPG ones look cool so maybe I'll buy this for PC

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Do we know how much the PC Port is gonna cost?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Baal posted:

The price of a pair of garden shears to snip off the unused parts of your 1440p monitor since it only runs at 1080p.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh no not the bad kind of resolution

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

I never got into Final Fantasy but everyone in Imp Zone says its great. But I always heard they were grindy?? Anyway the action RPG ones look cool so maybe I'll buy this for PC

No JRPG has required you to grind since the days of Dragon Quest on the NES. People are just bad at them and vocal about complaining about how many hours it took it grind up levels to beat a boss when there's always way more options to best something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also it's impossible to grind in lightning returns because there's no XP or levelling

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

Final Fantasy games are some of the least grindy RPGs out there

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The only grinding you have to do in modern (past ~15 years) RPGs is if you want to get a plat or 100% complete. XIII is grindy in that regard, but I found the battle system so incredibly fun that I didn't care about killing the same big turtle for 10 hours. To just finish the story? No grind at all. Game on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

XIII also gates your level cap by each boss so you can't just grind past the challenge which is another smart idea that people disliked. It's not until after you beat the final boss when the game says "alright for you all insane people who want post game stuff, you only need 20 million XP to max everyone out :D " which is cool, because I also enjoyed doing that

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its funny when you get to the final tier of a class's crystal chart thing and see how expensive each upgrade costs

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

elf help book posted:

its funny when you get to the final tier of a class's crystal chart thing and see how expensive each upgrade costs

i think it was like 200-250 thousand xp per node, haha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The secondary class nodes were also fairly insane.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

The secondary class nodes were also fairly insane.

i can finally really customize my characters, no more railroading... wtf is this

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Platting XIII-2 only took me like 45 hours or something crazy like that, and it was actually fun the whole time (aside from the quiz show). Especially since your weapon gets stronger with the more fragments you collect, so why wouldn't you want to get all the fragments?? Good and cool design

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It's extremely hosed up that I can't preorder this.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

DancingShade posted:

The price of a pair of garden shears to snip off the unused parts of your 1440p monitor since it only runs at 1080p.

Poh tej noedssssss!!###!!!!!!!!!!÷!÷

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tomorrow's the big day all. Check out this insanely awesmoe trailer from E3 2013. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMNsXZve5MY

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

man nurse posted:

It's extremely hosed up that I can't preorder this.

why would u need to preorder it?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

why would u need to preorder it?

Usually after you preorder you can predownload the games, which would be nice for me since it will probably take me lots of hours to download the game. So I probably won't be able to play until Friday, but if I could preload it, I could play tonight. It's not the end of the world but it would be nice

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Baal posted:

wtf happened to your av

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's out. 18 dollars is a steal

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Do the ppl who like FF13 on this forum like FF13-2 and Lightning Returns as much as that game? If so Ill add to my FF playthrough list.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Do the ppl who like FF13 on this forum like FF13-2 and Lightning Returns as much as that game? If so Ill add to my FF playthrough list.

i havent yet played lightning returns but i like 13-2 more than 13-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In case anyone asks my FF playthrough list is all the ones that people generally say are good.. actually I think theyre literally all on the GameFAQS best game ever poll lol.

tactics
X
X-2

• Locked thread