Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 10, 2002

I can destroy you

Friends, have your had your sardines today? I have

e: they were Wild Planet Lightly Smoked in olive oil, with white rice and a teaspoon of prepared Coleman's mustard. Simple yet effective at getting the dines into my belly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

peanut butter and 'chove take 2

soaking the choves in coconut oil ameliorated a lot of the saltines. I should've left the cukes off though, the combo of cuke and anchovy made it taste a little too much like peanut butter sushi. not real sure what I'll use for the crunch. and yeah, all I had for bread was white bread.

the real star turned out to be the coconut milk that the anchovies soaked in. anchovy infused coconut milk with some ginger, garlic and lime juice over rice was dangerously close to breaking the mouth

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

isaboo posted:

Friends, have your had your sardines today? I have

all those dines are why you tell such good stories

Keith Atherton
Feb 7, 2006
DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

Slippery Tilde

Found my KO shirt I won in a haiku contest but never wore

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

I kind of expected it to be red.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I kind of expected it to be red.

I'd totally rock a red or brown KO shirt. Might have to start looking at FB again. All I got when I won KO contest was 2 cans of mackerel and a sticker.

ViolaceousTrogon
Mar 4, 2015

Cripes, dads. God BLESS it.

I've lurked on this god forsaken idiot website for so long and never intended to post, but, well, DRAT it. I have to get this off my chest about sardines already

Theyre good

Pardon my French

ViolaceousTrogon
Mar 4, 2015

Oh and here's a thing I made that even my sardine-hating partner said was delicious:

Crusty toasty baguette, Good Boy sardines with curry (but don't be deceived, they weren't spicy or spiced), SWAD coconut chutney, and red onions soaked in the leftover pickling brine from some vietnamesey pickled carrots

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Bela sent the Ordinary Sausage guy a bunch of 'dines so we know what one of his next sausages is gonna be.

naem
May 29, 2011

Keith Atherton posted:

Found my KO shirt I won in a haiku contest but never wore

thatís a heck of a nice shirt

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Get into shit, let it out like diarrhea
Got burnt once, that was only gonorrhea

Is Season an unrepresentatively bland brand of mackerel or is mak just not for me? Kippers look to remain my canned little fishes of choice.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

naem posted:

thatís a heck of a nice shirt

Iíd wear that, but the highest reward Iíve gotten from KO for my terrible poetry was a wood sardine fork.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

oregoons, a reminder

herring, anchovy, sardine, topsmelt, jacksmelt, and true smelts: limit 25 pounds per day in combination. a separate container is required for each dipper. these may be taken by angling, dip net, cast net and herring jigs

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

FEDS FEAR ME

The Voice of Labor posted:

oregoons, a reminder

herring, anchovy, sardine, topsmelt, jacksmelt, and true smelts: limit 25 pounds per day in combination. a separate container is required for each dipper. these may be taken by angling, dip net, cast net and herring jigs

then take me fishing you piece of crap

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

instead of being abusive towards me, direct your rage against the portland city council and demand that they extend MAX service to seaside.

with covid impacting the erotic dancing industry, you should be able to craft a net from surplus fishnet stockings

getting out to brookings and chartering a fishing tour does sound kind fun but the shadow of critical failure looms large over all goon group endeavors

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Went crappie fishing today, husband's first time fishing and my first time filleting fish. We caught exactly one decent sized fish and dropped him off the dock. The rest were about the size of my hand. Behold our fishy bounty:

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Went crappie fishing today, husband's first time fishing and my first time filleting fish. We caught exactly one decent sized fish and dropped him off the dock. The rest were about the size of my hand. Behold our fishy bounty:

I'll never turn my nose up at panfish.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

I believe in romance

Wedge Regret

That looks great. I like to cook the smaller ones whole, just heads off, gutted and scaled. With sunfishes the fins pull out easily and the meat lifts right off of the bones after cooking.

ViolaceousTrogon
Mar 4, 2015

For the refined palate, here's my recipe for Pâte aux Trois Poissons

Mash mash:
1 can olive oil sardines
1/2 can anchovies
Large handful of goldfish crackers squeezed to dust
Enough hot sauce to cohere (I used bourbon chipotle)

Garnish with onions and lemons and capers or whatever. I put some on a leftover egg and cheese breakfast sandwich from my car that had some serious terroir and it was big good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBoJFhijz3Y

Not the ideal method for consuming sardines.

For me, ideal is the Mediterranean-style ones on roasted garlic triscuits, no additional sauce required.