Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

post your hikes and junk

rattlesnake ridge:

lake 22:

maple loop pass (my favorite hike):

idk some shrooms somewhere:

a campsite on the san juans:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Lower Lena is a nice switchback in the Olympics.
http://i.imgur.com/8Lqbknp.jpg

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really want to go out in the middle of nowhere in Washington or Oregon because I'm a redneck freak. Is it really that empty out there? The Sierra Nevada feels too populated to ever really be isolated and I don't like that for some reason.

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
Middle of no where, yea it can be pretty empty. The popular trails that are easily accessible can be pretty crowded though. Like Rattlesnake Ledge or Mount Si, I would never recommend hitting those on a weekend.

Mount Defiance, overlooking Lake Kulla Kulla and Mason Lake

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kurt_Cobain fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 21, 2015

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
It is easy to find solitude in Washington if you go east of the crest and avoid anything that is popular on Instagram.

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The Yakima Canyon area is a favorite of mine. Watch for rattlesnakes.

MyPants
Jan 20, 2009
Thanks for this thread, I'm gonna go check out maple loop for sure. It looks neat as heck.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Pasayten wilderness is still one of my favorite places in Washington due to the solitude.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Hell yeah snowshoeing. It rules because you can take a bunch of hikes that are really crowded in the summer and get it all to yourself.

Mount Rainier

Freaky log bridge over fast moving water:

Gold Creek/Gold Pond:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

MyPants posted:

Thanks for this thread, I'm gonna go check out maple loop for sure. It looks neat as heck.

You definitely won't regret it.

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
http://www.wta.org/

The best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Kurt_Cobain posted:

Middle of no where, yea it can be pretty empty. The popular trails that are easily accessible can be pretty crowded though. Like Rattlesnake Ledge or Mount Si, I would never recommend hitting those on a weekend.

Mount Defiance, overlooking Lake Kulla Kulla and Mason Lake

lots of good scenic winter hikes in this general area, with no traffic. some of the trailheads can be sketch without 4wd in the winter tho, like ira springs/mason lake

anyone ever do WTA work parties? my friends i used to go with moved out of state.

• Locked thread