Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Checking in and then checking out for the night. King Maximilian I'm a bruiser. I can deal out big hits and I can soak up a fair amount, but not like amazingly well. I should only be melee.

Who's planning on following the other thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Me. We need to get an idea of who is better to target in battle.

BabeLiker90 posted:

I'll be reading both threads so I can deliver precision strikes at Keane's persona.

Cool and thanks for the effort. I know that one thread will be enough work for me at this moment.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I don't ever look like a good townie anyway.

Except to me for whatever reason. Probably just means I like you. I tend to just trust people I like.

I know I know. I'm awful at this game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I try but then I sometimes lean too hard the other way. Striking a balance is important. At any rate I'm actually going to bed now. Good luck.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Got lots of responding to do in no particular order so starting here:

CapitalistPig posted:

I had a night 0 cop investigation and ixtlilton is scum

##vote ixt

Why would've you investigated Ixt out of all people?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Gwynplaine posted:

It's day one and all I can think about is battle.

I'll follow you, brother, until I have my own ideas.

##vote BabeLiker90

Brother?

Gwynplaine posted:

Doesn't matter if our leader thinks I'm scum anyways.

It's fair enough, really. People who have never played a game with me always think I'm scum.

I'm just weird and eager.

You're neither nor. You've just chained a vote for no real reason than other what I can assume is a history with birdstrike, and your eager to actually kill discussion on D1 or either rendering moot by proposing a non-execution.

bowmore posted:

nah because your probably scum and you are too hard to read because you post scummy all the time
howdy

That's a bad reason.

tithin posted:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD EVENING DARLINGS AND GENTLE-DARLINGS

so of the reading I've done so far, the only suspicion I've picked up so far is someone with gamer in the nameso I'd need to read again now that I'm off my phone and on a PC

If it's because of his post voting Ridonkulous I get where your coming from. It's weird he wants a 2nd opinion on a D1 vote, most of which are based on gut or dumb reasons at best. I'd get it if he had more of a case or if the game were further along and he didn't want to toss his vote with abandon, but here there's very little to be lost voting out right.

EccoRaven posted:

Arrentish males are considered too irrational and unemotional, and have few civil and economic rights. Military enlistment is one of their sole paths for citizenship, though many in the Empire wish to change that status quo.

How is one considered to be irrationally stoic?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah, it's a meta case based on a small sample size, but so far it's my strongest read.

My sample size with TMM is just one game, but this isn't altogether unreasonable.

TMMadman posted:

I don't know if MMT is scum, but I think she is using some faulty reasoning to vote me.

I'd optimistically rather hope you've learned to mellow out a bit than be scum so this is good enough for me for now.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BabeLiker90 posted:

So anyway guys, I'm the Town Catapultist. I can pick one of you and fling you at the other camp, killing both people involved. I have to do it day 1 (clearly a thinning of the herd tactic by Ecco) so let me know who you're interested in me targeting.

I saw you mentioned this earlier. I'd opt for myself only because I know that while I'm a good soldier (bruiser in battle that can take a fair share of hits) I know that I'm otherwise not all that useful to the mafia meta game (let's say vanilla) and I'd rather give up a known quantity like that than risk losing someone that could be more useful. I haven't looked at the other thread at all though (and won't) and while merk is a 'good' option I hate that he has to always be forced to die early because of his fame and would rather just go with your own judgement or Max's.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Doktor Per posted:

^^^^

I'm having a hard time with my joke vote, knowing I could joke vote here instead. gently caress. Everybody knows Ginger is where it's at.

##vote doktor per You could just post better? Forgoing your pointless joke vote?

This was a garbage post and it shouldn't just be passed over in the crowded field of posts we've had since the game started.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Max posted:

This was in response to 100yrs.

But why would you volunteer to be catapulted as town?

Like I said, I'm essentially vanilla, discounting my battle role, and unless we know who the scum is for sure I feel it's a bit of a crapshoot, and rather than risk shooting someone of actual importance better to go with a null choice in my opinion. It's especially due to the nature of the vig, it's not just killing someone in our game but rather an assault on there's, so that's the trade-off I see for it. If he was just weeding out only our thread then I think the circumstances are different since we need our town to stay alive, but here it's a 1:1 tradeoff so better send vanilla than risking a power role that we can still make use of.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Doktor Per posted:

ugh, i asked to be in the cool people thread.
##vote BabeLiker90

This came before that weird joke vote post of his. What's up with the good Doktor?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Max posted:

Which vote that has been made thus far bothers you the most? Why?

Doktor's vote on diqnol is bad given his following comments I've quoted the vote and his following comments earlier.

Following that we've said all there is to be said about Gwyn's bad diqnol vote too and I have nothing particularly against Gamer's vote on ridonkculous (that is to say it's sound enough) but it's presentation is awful.

Max posted:

Which vote do you agree with the most thus far? Why?

I'm curious about diqnol's current opinions on his vote on podima only because I'm getting a town vibe from diqnol and that vote garnered him enough heat to rank him the vote leader at this point. I agree with it enough to see why he'd say that of podima, though the game is early.

Following that I find Murmur's case on Madman entirely reasonable in context of the very little I know about madman but I don't personally support voting Madman at least at this point in the game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

BabeLiker90 posted:

Why is Gwyn's vote bad but not Birdstrike's?

Birdstrike posted:

gently caress it, the Ixt defence was weird as well
##vote BabeLiker90

Max was just asking what votes we found to be the worst. Since birdstrike seems to have an actual reason it doesn't fall into the worst category for me unlike Doktor's inexplicable vote and Gwyn's auspol friendship vote.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Is there like some running joke where my vote on ridonk doesn't loving count or something

There is and we're having a ball! :cheers:

Birdstrike posted:

Pod's post may be those things, but I didn't think it was scummy. It offered a convenient way for Diqnol to try and appear townie.

I don't think so. The only real weakness is that it relies on the super few posts we have from Podima but it's a fair observation to point out.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Podima posted:

Doing a reread and this jumped out at me:

This seems like a really powerful ability and I have no idea why you would just straight up claim that, turning a fight into 7 on 6 sounds like a big deal

True or not it seems overpowered for scum to have. So maybe that's why?

TMMadman posted:

To me, it was plainly obvious what you were trying to do, so why should I bother to engage with it?

He says and then follows up with :words:

Shine on Madman, shine on! :allears:

BabeLiker90 posted:

I want everyone to read this paragraph and tell me if the conclusions he draws are logically consistent or not

Madman's mind it may very well be. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt D1 if only because he is such an easy target to harp on and I know that I can have incredibly particular train of thoughts all to myself at times that no one else gets. It's not that unusual.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

VivaNova posted:

Real question: 100 years, would you also volunteer to be the D1 lynch?

No I wouldn't. Like I said there's a definite gain to the catapult in that we hit one of their guys making it a worthwhile sacrifice. I thought I explained this?

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Like I said, I'm essentially vanilla, discounting my battle role, and unless we know who the scum is for sure I feel it's a bit of a crapshoot, and rather than risk shooting someone of actual importance better to go with a null choice in my opinion. It's especially due to the nature of the vig, it's not just killing someone in our game but rather an assault on there's, so that's the trade-off I see for it. If he was just weeding out only our thread then I think the circumstances are different since we need our town to stay alive, but here it's a 1:1 tradeoff so better send vanilla than risking a power role that we can still make use of.

The other option I use here is a vig but you could apply it just as easily to an execution.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Doktor Per posted:

Gonna just work my way through the thread in a chronological order.

Thank you. That's a fair point. Last evening before crashing I really didn't like that people were joining up on BabeLiker for sleights I did not sense. Would have put in the effort to ##unvote had I feared any real danger to them.

Who I must admit has become cooler than me ITT. :(

Now for reference, my read on the Podima vote was non-serious, but BabeLiker was clearly being hypocritical. I found it funny in a rude sort of way.

I still don't have a strong enough read of anyone to want to really go all in on serious vote. (I'll be refraining from using my vote till I mean it from now on.)

You have already been admonished for reading comprehension, I'll spare you the repeat.

I feel there's more responsibility on Scum players (closely knit society that can gently caress one another over.) so it was the side I mentally prepared for joining. (Also hoping for scum insight as I most likely would be town)

I reached the conclusion that Scum would always want to be in battle, in the rear guard. That way they can potentially attack any team member and minimum accidental friendly fire. So I assume many scum would claim "ranged characters" to just obliterate the front line, or cripple their ranged capabilities with a knife to the neck. Now Scum are about 5-7 players and only three spots in each row.

So filling a team with scum seems unlikely (though awesome), and thus we should assume that it's best to avoid putting scum altogether in battle, unless you can fill your own team with scum completely. Which is a highly unlikely scenario.

Although this could work in towns' advantage if the FRONT LINES are filled 100% with Scum, making them incapable of killing the ranged Townies.

~~~~~~~~

That stuff about battle did not help scum hunt, I admit. I want to believe that the town catapult is real, and I feel as if I've only seen about 12-14 names in the thread. Counting Team Mascot Venom Soag.

I don't immediately like this but I don't have the time to revisit it right now. I've got work. I may check in tonight briefly but otherwise you'll have to wait for Sunday night. Good weekend to all.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TMMadman posted:

Oh look, another content free vote. I just love being a policy vote.

Yeah you're absolutely right. Diqnol and Ras have enough "reason" to go through with it, but Exact's vote is by far the weakest of the current 3.

EXAKT Science posted:

Thought I had done this already, but vote finder says I haven't ##vote TMM

You've thrown shade at Tomm, Gamer, Ridonk, and TMM, but why is it madman that sticks out to your in particular. Your post-history feels like sideline commentary and you seem to pick up on the popular scum-posts of the thread without adding any more to them, gives you the semblance of being around, but really doesn't seem like you have. Out of all the momentum on Madman this is by far the most "and me!"

TMMadman posted:

This post is awful and I think it makes Rarity look like she doesn't actually believe in her current vote for Dominoes.

True.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Rarity posted:

Gamer is officially off my scum list, I think that's the most effort I've ever seen him put into a post.

I'm not so sure. It came so after the fact, what is it that we say "the tail leading the horse?" I'm not even sure if that applies, but it's not good form to lay a vote, and then make your case after you're called out on it.

Gamerofthegame posted:

for ease of use whenever needed, have other thread war chat

Thanks Gamer.

Birdstrike posted:

that's the dianond dog spirit

Seriously I keep thinking you're referencing David Bowie and it makes me a little sad when I realize you're not.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TMMadman posted:

Here's why: In a game where HP matters and the scum NK is a 5HP attack, why would you be able to not only instantly kill someone from this thread, but also someone in the other thread? I

Culling the large playing field is a perfectly reasonable explanation.

King Burgundy posted:

But it could be the worst of both worlds. If you are town and you sacrifice yourself and the person we hit over there is one of our infiltrators, then we have lost in both threads. At BEST it's a 1:1 tradeoff.

This is true. My position is about us avoiding useful town roles. If I'm being overly cautious it's because in my last game I led to the mis-execution of the cop and ended up forcing the doctor to reveal himself.

VivaNova posted:

ahhhhh I'm gonna resist the urge to get into a debate about this sentiment!

What matters is - you seem to think D1 cases are about throwing poo poo and seeing what sticks and it's more often miss than hit. Fine. But then you said you were pinged by someone not expressing sufficient confidence in his D1 vote and that seems like a crazy disconnect to me!

I see how you're reading gamer's post but I just don't see it like that. I agree with tithin that if you vote you should reason why.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Doktor Per posted:

Gonna just work my way through the thread in a chronological order.

Thank you. That's a fair point. Last evening before crashing I really didn't like that people were joining up on BabeLiker for sleights I did not sense. Would have put in the effort to ##unvote had I feared any real danger to them.

Who I must admit has become cooler than me ITT. :(

Now for reference, my read on the Podima vote was non-serious, but BabeLiker was clearly being hypocritical. I found it funny in a rude sort of way.

I still don't have a strong enough read of anyone to want to really go all in on serious vote. (I'll be refraining from using my vote till I mean it from now on.)

You have already been admonished for reading comprehension, I'll spare you the repeat.

I feel there's more responsibility on Scum players (closely knit society that can gently caress one another over.) so it was the side I mentally prepared for joining. (Also hoping for scum insight as I most likely would be town)

I reached the conclusion that Scum would always want to be in battle, in the rear guard. That way they can potentially attack any team member and minimum accidental friendly fire. So I assume many scum would claim "ranged characters" to just obliterate the front line, or cripple their ranged capabilities with a knife to the neck. Now Scum are about 5-7 players and only three spots in each row.

So filling a team with scum seems unlikely (though awesome), and thus we should assume that it's best to avoid putting scum altogether in battle, unless you can fill your own team with scum completely. Which is a highly unlikely scenario.

Although this could work in towns' advantage if the FRONT LINES are filled 100% with Scum, making them incapable of killing the ranged Townies.

~~~~~~~~

That stuff about battle did not help scum hunt, I admit. I want to believe that the town catapult is real, and I feel as if I've only seen about 12-14 names in the thread. Counting Team Mascot Venom Soag.

I think the issue I have with this post is that it seems to say a lot and says nothing at all. The few interactions with the game itself is Doktor covering for himself and himself only and then some white noise about the battles. He still hasn't actually participated in the game.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Might still be relevant. :shrug: Worth keeping in mind.

Didn't catch that earlier. That definitely earns him enough leeway and his last couple of posts showed a lot more effort. ##unvote

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm going to go through the post histories tonight but looking at the current voters and what I've read I don't care for Exakt's vote or play, definitely my strongest feeling at this moment. I feel like there's something on Ixt from what has been brought up but I want verify it, was there anything to bowmore's vote on that? And where is that guy?

While there's 3 players voting Madman, there have been a lot who've suggested being willing to do it, that somehow seems worse since it gives them something easy to latch onto later.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

bowmore posted:

I'm following but I don't post much on weekends because being on your phone all the time is anti social

Totally get you. Enjoy yourself.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TMMadman posted:

So what's the point? Given that there is someone in their thread claiming they have and used a vig skill on D1 (that may or may not kill someone depending on their HP), do you really think that there would possibly be 3 deaths on D1, plus the lynch kill? And then any possible deaths from the battle?

I'm no good at game setup talk and I don't really want to game the mod, but as far as I'm concerned anything is pretty valid. It could in all honesty just be a player activated anti-lurker mechanism, which is how a lot of people are proposing it should be used. Also, in these soldier games a lot of poo poo can happen including unexpected deaths. It can just as easily be true as it can be false, and the game's far more interesting if it's true.

EXAKT Science posted:

Diqnol if you can instantly kill someone in the other thread's then you should kill Quandary so we win

You know very well that he can't.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

I agree that it was a misread and not a frame-job.

He said that he is concerned about how TMM will use the catapult and explained an opinion on it. It's not like the catapult ability was something briefly discussed, it's been a reasonably significant plot point of D1. I don't see how someone could make that mistake unless they weren't really critically reading the thread.

It is kind of a big mistake to make. What's weird is that he knows who Babeliker/diqnol is, talks about him early on and the moves onto TMM. He's thought Madman could launch people this whole time, and it's kinda clear that that isn't the case. What's worse his scum feelings towards Madman are based on this error. The question here is do they apply to diqnol as well or do he cease to think that this a good train of thought to carry through.

Rarity posted:

My take on Ridonk is that he's not very good at the subtleties of mafia but he is at least trying in earnest and thus town.

There's forgiving and then there's just turning a blind eye.

Murmur Twin posted:

I stand by the fact that town doesn't just forget stuff like that because they're forming opinions on people as they go. Scum is more likely to screw something like that up since their opinions are fabrications.

Not only that it's like he got the game second hand from someone else.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EXAKT Science posted:

I don't know that at all, 100yrs. Also, there is a distinct chance that I was being tongue in cheek

I may be confusing you with someone else, but I don't remember you ever being so irreverent. That plus ridonk's whole error made me a bit wary of the whole joke thing.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TMMadman posted:

Also, don't you think that a town player would be way more worried about being lynched than a scum player who has several teammates who almost certainly wouldn't vote a scum buddy out on D1?

Uh, yeah no this doesn't make any sense.

TMMadman posted:

I like my Exakt vote right now, but I think Rarity just jumped in line over Rascyc right now. Those are my three picks for scum today.

Her build-up to you is very suspicious. I'm going to do my long promised re-read and I'm going to lay down a vote afterwards. Looks like I got a couple of hours to kill.

Rarity posted:

Are you saying there is no change in tone between these?

I've only one game with Madman, but it seems to me that's just how the kid is.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

TMMadman posted:

As town, I am always worried about being lynched because I am alone and I know that lynching me is wrong. As scum, I do not fear the lynch because I have scum teammates to protect me for the most part.

Maybe others play it differently, but that's the way I play and people seem to be constantly surprised that I play differently even when I tell them that I don't play like a normal person.

You don't need your scum mates not voting to not get killed, and often times they will if you're a foregone conclusion. I get where your coming from but (like so many things) you shouldn't be so binary about it.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Doktor Per posted:

Is babeliker some sort of a scum smokebomb?

How do you mean?

Rascyc posted:

Is this a real thing? I've never played with the person.

As I've said, I've only one game with him where he's town, and the man is a bull with blinder's on in a china shop.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Birdstrike posted:

I have a convoluted theory about Diqnol. His vote on Pod is almost too easy.

Was your convoluted theory what you posted just afterwards? Because it's not that convoluted and a contextually reasonable read:

Birdstrike posted:

This post from Podima

led to this vote

Pod's post may be those things, but I didn't think it was scummy. It offered a convenient way for Diqnol to try and appear townie.

----

I feel like you're bored with this long day and are just goofing off to pass the time. That's the only reason I can see why you're actually voting vivanova.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've had issue with Doktor earlier in the game for bad posting and a bad vote, but I'm willing to hand-wave that aside in light of painkillers and since it seems she's a fairly new if not completely new player.

Doktor Per posted:

I'm a wimpy little ranged dude. I am about as good in a fistfight as helen keller. I have very limited out of battle usage, despite my ~*charismatic personality*~

This post did make me realize how being charismatic could be doubly useful for scum player given their double vote. I wouldn't use it to build a case against Doktor. Just reminded me of that perk that charisma gives a player.

Doktor Per posted:

I would love for Catapult Chic to be more present, but having been homeless and struggling to get internet I would personally err on the more sympathetic side of regaining internet. For today. But it's not looking too hot. Also, I wanted to check for my impression of people. I feel that it's improper with only two posts, one of which is "I just got net again."

Another thing is that after Doktor's big last self-conscious post, which I did find pretty scummy, there's been a spate of better more off-the-cuff posts that makes feel like she's more likely new town. This is one of such comments.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Dominoes posted:

Go on: do you think it's scummy, pointless, or something else?

This is some piss-poor prompting. Not that exakt took him up on it. Actually you do this a couple of times.

Dominoes posted:

Courtesy. It was information-drawing, and I hadn't made up my mind.

It can't be both. You do it out of courtesy because you feel obliged to despite having made up your mind, or you haven't made up your mind and you need it done making it a non-courtesy issue.

Dominoes posted:

I think Rasc is likely scum. I'll lay a vote down once I've decided he's still the most likely, compared to a few others. He''s consistently posted commentary on not-so-relevant things.

Said the kettle to the pot.

Dominoes reads to me a bit as wild card, and that is the only town like thing about them I can think of. There's no one quite like him at this point in the game and he doesn't seem tied to anyone at all. Otherwise his posts are fairly scummy since he votes and tries to get things on people but doesn't do any work for it and just assumes we're to understand what he thinks is right.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Doktor Per posted:

"Guys, I'm a catapult, whom should I shoot? I can only do it day one so please be quick."

Then with less than 24 hours to end of D1, "nvm, i was wrong." Just looks super weird. Super duper weird, I can't think of a GOOD reason for that whole thing, what I can think of, are BAD reasons.

Especially with the Rarity discussion that was going on. Seemed like an almost intentional derail.

Is Charismatic a thing in Mafia? I did not know, I just put that there because statistically speaking, I'm not the least charming person on the team, judging by my character sheet. I only have a singular vote. I promise.

At the most innocent level I figure he put it out there to generate discussion to then work with later. The most damning eventuality is if he did it do some role-fishing or kinda see why way the thread was going to later more easily put a vote without need to explain himself.

What're your bad reasons for him having done it?

Also Charisma is not a thing in mafia but it is in this Game. Again I was just reminded it was a thing by your post and that it could grant a Once Per Game anonymous double-vote even to scum, which is seriously very useful if they save it till the end game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Gamerofthegame posted:

same. However, this is to Kashuno, who is voting for Rid! With me! And this was brought up by them in the past, which means they're not really paying attention to the thread and just coasting through. Not hunting scum, certainly.

This is pretty relevant given Ridonk's Rick Perry moment earlier. Out of all of Gamer's after-the-fact case this is the most salient point I feel. The fact that Gamer is tunneled on Ridonk isn't really a important until he tries to move his vote elsewhere (especially a vote leader) because he hasn't really seemed to focus on anyone at all and it wouldn't strike me as particularly sincere.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Doktor Per posted:

The more you know.

Bad reasons I can think of are Fishing for Information regarding town that it would hurt to lose, try to get Max into marking town in the other thread. Maybe I'm dumb.

Since the info is out, and I tried to read all the rules and how the non-mafia part of this, the Charisma bit was news to me. You say you are a front line fighter. So I am to understand you are a highly charismatic one?

You may want to read the rules again if you can because charisma is not what makes a frontline fighter that'd mainly be Might and probably Stamina. If I knew about Charisma is because I read the rules.

Doktor Per posted:

Anyway, it's getting down to the wire, been on a date most of the night, and will probably go to sleep in the next few hours. Going to read over the top Lynchtenders before I sleep, and throw my vote on the one I feel the worst about.

I don't really like that that's how you're going about it. You should try to look over all the players, or at least the ones you feel bad towards and then make your case, try to convince people you're right, and if things really aren't going your way make your mind up about the vote leaders as a last resort to avoid the no-execution. Just following the crowd is incredibly scummy since it relieves you of any real work and makes it feel like you don't really care who dies as long as their not a scum mate.

You are new right, because I don't know how long I want to just overlook you.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I unironically out of spite started to go down the list of players and comment on each one before I decided to say gently caress it and write this post.

This mini-meltdown feels very genuine from kash. I have trouble reading kash at times since there's so much to go through and his opinions seem to take several short and spread out posts to come together. But seems good enough to me for now.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ridonkulous posted:

posts like this are helpful, so I think your intentions are just misplaced and not scummy.

What? No it's not.

A lot has been said about ridonk but I think the most glaring issue is that he's not really reading the thread because he's got a lot of easily check facts wrong. I don't see them as accidents since it has happened more than once it definitely gives me the impression that his information is coming both rushed and second-hand.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

My long-promised re-read of our players and my thoughts. I've been posting some up through to now and this is the last bunch.

O where o where has our little Cpiggy gone?
Like Chic he's been lurking, but that probably just makes him town I suppose.

I hope tithin comes back. Can Ecco maybe see to this somehow? His avatar issue seems to have stabilized and it's not that big of deal for me not to want him to continue being present.

Diqnol's absence this weekend makes it harder to get a grasp on him. Considering Rarity's build-up to a Madman vote, it becomes easier to see diqnol doing the same, but he was the first and it seems a bit better presented and thought out. I don't think his catapult generated as much content as he'd of liked, but it certainly can be seen as role-fishing in a way. To me at least, I volunteered so that power roles would not have risk themselves, so inversely people who fought tooth and nail could be read as people of interest, though it is simpler to just think they don't want to die.

Not much can be said about Bowmore, was that ever the case?

Exakt I've brought up before, and while he's made a tad more effort as of late there's not really much substance in any of it. Why do I remember Exakt playing differently? Maybe he hasn't the time? I don't know but I don't find him very town at all.

Gwyne is clearly around but has mainly posted about being a wall the enemy won't be able to break down. It's a different kinda of nothing that we see from birdstrike. I would like it if we could get more reads. Gwyne just take like 3-5 of the other players and read their post histories, no one's is longer than 2 pages it seems to me and make some sort of opinion.

Ixt's got two reads but no votes. He's been catty about being called out about posting frivolously but hasn't made any effort to improve on that or otherwise.

Ras reminds me of his last town game that we were in together ages ago. His style is not dissimilar to Dominoes but seems more pointed and less meandering. I've got nothing bad to say about him.

People I don't mention I have a null read maybe town read on. If I mentioned but haven't said much it's because your null leaning scum for no real reason other than gut (see: bowmore).

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Fiery is one of the players I'm really feeling town on and I find myself agreeing with her a lot.

I have the same feelings about Murmur, I really like her case on rarity.

I would vote Rarity, Dominoes, and Exakt today with the latter two being interchangeable in desirability. I really like the cases that have been made against Rarity but I will admit I have yet to make an in-depth read of her 3 page post history so I won't vote until I have and can see things with my own eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ixtlilton posted:

I don't think we should murder rarity today. Call it sentimental, but nah.

So if you don't want to call it sentimental, what do you want to call it?

• Locked thread