Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The Mage is the best, as Mages always are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

grrarg posted:

They are bad at video games. They didn't even try to murder the mouthy NPC and loot his shop.

:shopkeeper:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Someone make a webm or video or whatever with the Zelda "you got an item!" music when he holds up his new underpants.
tia

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Also, I think Archer likes Mage, but she likes Cleric...who truly does seem doomed. I hope we're wrong about that because healing is important, plus he's really level headed. :ohdear:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

Is this on hulu or CR?

Looks like funimation only. :(

At least according to http://because.moe/

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

People seem to be using "MMO" as a shorthand to mean "the place they are in seems weird, and some of the weirdness seems gamelike". It seems like a strange thing to get hung up on.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Woo! Thanks. :perfect:

Reds posted:

Anyway, let's just appreciate how that combination arrow/magic attack was cool.

Also, i want the Fattest Frog in the World to make another appearance.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

he's arata from chihayafuru and shichika from katanagatari.

Ah, no wonder.
:swoon:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I like him.

Even if I like Taichi a whole lot more.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mo_Steel posted:

Black Mage is the best class, it is known. :colbert:

It is known.

All Mage All the Time.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Davincie posted:

might have just been my pc actually. wanted to make a gif but there was no slowness this time.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well, poo poo.

e: there are both advantages and disadvantages to being able to be easily emotionally wrapped up in, and manipulated by stories.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 31, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I love this show, all our doofus party members, and also all the derpy animals that hang around them.

X X X X

Where is fat frog?

p.s. please find fat frog.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:neckbeard:

Thanks!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Reds posted:

He's a DnD cleric, not a JRPG white mage, plus he played vanguard. Gotta work with your options.

Presumably he had some other healing spells.

Then he should have been wearing mail or leather or something. :colbert:

Oh god, they probably just couldn't afford it. :(

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Astro Ambulance posted:

fat frog for animal companion

Those things are fierce, so that's a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBxn56l9WcU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:mad:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

maybe they'll start going though healers like Spinal Tap does drummers

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Clarste posted:

Could we tone down the "actually, in the LN..." posts unless people specifically ask about the LN? That's the kind of thing that ruins threads.

Please.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

And this, kids, is why you don't PUG.

Exactly. You join a farm group, but it turns out to be a clear group.

Edit: Archer, what are you doing here?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

Yeah I liked how this episode was everyone realizing "oh poo poo, that actually happened" and dealing with what comes after

God, it's so good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

AnacondaHL posted:

I actually felt bad that Mary had to deal with their tactical nonsense. "Uh, no, actually I'm the healer and I'll stay in the back thanks" and "in what world does holding a staff imply I'm going to go up there and melee" and "no, I'm not going to waste my mana to overheal you" all seemed like reasonable stances. I'm sure in her mind she was thinking "jeez, these guys suck, no wonder they lost their last priest".

Sure, but many healer classes have damaging skills they could be utilizing.

Then again, since they all only have like one skill a single cure is probably all she has.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 8, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Blhue posted:

Well, yeah

Anyway, show is still cool and good which makes up for any animation shortfalls for me.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

She's wearing heelies ok? God.

I can't believe i didn't even fuckin notice that actually. :xd:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That was a neat episode.

And I got a laugh out of myself because I said "hey, weren't the gonna get that dude a real helmet?" two seconds before they asked Mary if she wanted to come along while they did just that.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I always notice the kansai accent now, and could tell right away that Arata from Chihayafuru has a very thick accent, even if I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly what is different.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Will someone please learn Windwall, or Protection From Arrows or something? Jeez :ohdear:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

To contain her giant Mage brain.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ka0 posted:

Do we have a pool on who's going to end up smooching Haru. My money's on Yume.

Yume should kiss Shihoru, but since her first crush got killed it seems to me that the conventions of fiction say that the mage will have to remain forever kissless. So, if Yume gets to kiss anyone it should be Haru.

I think Haru potentially has much better chemistry and more in common with Mary though, especially after this latest episode.

It's complicated.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Phobophilia posted:

You know, Haru really lacks the personality for either a thief, or a leader. There is no way he could keep up with Yume. He gets along way better with Mary.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Major Ricardo posted:

Why is she smearing poo poo on her mouth? Goddamn it Japan.

I think if you see a pretty lady and that's what comes to your mind because of her nationality, you might want to work on your xenophobia problem.

Anyway, they sure are getting better at killing sapient beings.

Edit now that I've finished today's: oh. Oh dear.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 13, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

That was the must most poignant use of turn/destroy undead I've ever seen.
:smith:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yume channeling legolas this week, and caster supremacy is making a good showing too.

And I'm only halfway.

Edit: that's some drat good stuff. F'real.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 27, 2016

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Here's a gallery of all the eyecatches, not technically :nws:, but erring on the side of caution mainly due to episode 2.5

http://imgur.com/a/M6qdG

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ya know, i'm actually moderately surprised that Ranta actually has an honest to god demon thing he can conjure up. Not surprised that it was both a jerk and unhelpful, being a demon and all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

darkgray posted:

Apparently they screwed up their production schedule, so they couldn't finish the final episode battle in time, but a finished version aired on a different channel a few days later:

vs

I don't know which version the streaming services ended up with, though.

Version one.

Guess I'll have to look and see if someone's subbed it, or if the official version got fixed(unlikely).

• Locked thread