Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
It could be worse. It's not like he was the Captain getting a gobbie from the vice Captains wife in a toilet at a team party when his wife sprung him and he then had to fight the vice captain while pantsless with it at half mast...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
So, once the Pies kick out all the rascists, antisemites and nationalists how are they going to rebuild their membership back to 55k with the 200 people they have left?

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

snaeksikn posted:

wasnt that the one where he nailed supposedly someone off play and there was no footage or proof of what happened anywhere?

Nah, that was when he smashed someone (Farmer maybe?) in the face behind play and he got 7 for it. He got the 12 down to nine when he punched Steve Johnson four seperate times in the head in one match. If I remember correctly the reason he got poo poo on in the first was huge carry over points and in the second because he sucker punched Steve Johnson while he was lying injured on the deck one of those four times. It was somnething wierd like he copped three weeks for the first three striking charges and 9 weeks for punching an injured player and they suspened the three weeks... Or something, pled the three striking and was referred directly for misconduct to an injured player?

I might be wrong, that was years ago.

Spacman fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Apr 19, 2016

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

monolithburger posted:

That was Jeff Farmer and the 7 match ban was also a complete stitch up.

But nah, it was for striking Stevie J. a few times and hitting his broken hand, plus some demerit point BS that added some more matches.

Basically Stevie Baker is the modern embodiment of this song

E;fb

Nah, you right!!!! The misconduct poo poo was because he punched at his head and hit the broken hand he was protecting himself with.

Bit of a stich up.

e: Didn't Farmer get like three weeks when he got the 7 too? Bit of a mutual thing.

Spacman fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 19, 2016

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

bigis posted:

I get that it's against Stevie J but even still...how is this not assault? Why don't dickholes get charged instead of jobs on Fox Footy.

Likely because if he asked for a jury trial in his indictment, three charges of assault and one charge of assault occasioning actual bodily harm against Stevie J, there is no way he would be convicted by a cross section of 12 people from Melbourne who were too dumb or unemployed to get out of jury duty.

Spacman fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 19, 2016

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

hiddenmovement posted:

Some people are just too honest and wont shirk the system. I keep telling my sister that you can literally just ignore the letter and claim you never got it but NOPE

That sort of advice cuts both ways though. My brother served on a jury that found a chap not guilty of intent sell/supply for being raided with just under a kilo of weed. Apparently, his wig put up quite a convincing defense revolving around his client being agorophobic, having an ounce a week habit and only leaving the house to purchase twice a year...

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

Under a kilo is a dealer amount?

It's like 30 ounces man... They will charge you intent sell/supply for that.

BTW happy 4:20

Spacman fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 19, 2016

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Solemn Sloth posted:

Put up a laser wall around the ground

Yeah... Use that LocMart 30-kilowatt electric fiber laser thingie they want to shove in that F-35 boondoggle. Like loads of them shooting straight up with some sort of collimator to spread the beams.

I swear on the life of my kids that will stop defenders riding herd on the ball over the boundry or grabbing it and falling over the line instantly.

We might want to get a huge supply of balls tho... Also defenders.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

monolithburger posted:

Get rid of umpires and just have the captains decide free kicks again. Strip Lou Codge of his captaincy first.

I really really like this for a variety of reasons. If you also got rid of the bullshit tribunal system and let them nut it out after each game I'd be on board 100%.

Like: 'He broke his jaw by punching him and he will be out four weeks so let's break his jaw and he will be out four weeks.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Today my whole family were Dogs.

Well done, you made us all happy

• Locked thread