Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teckiwi
Dec 7, 2006

Met posted:

Is that the price for a single commercial or everything they make for the episode?

iirc it's for a single 30 second spot during that timeslot, the highest rating shows here it's closer to 20k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

cock hero flux posted:

So the thing with Russell is that he is actually fantastic at every part of the game except jury management, which is why he won't ever win even if you give him a million chances. He is painfully bad at jury management and will never improve because he doesn't believe that it should have any impact on whether he wins or not.

Sandra on the other hand is a total floater who never actually accomplishes anything but gets dragged along to the end because people all have something better to do than vote her out. She has been lucky enough both times that, after being dragged to the end, the person who had been in control of the game had totally hosed up the jury management and was hated by everyone. She has zero chance of winning now because she has won twice already and can't coast to the end because people actually see her as a threat now and she has no way of coping with a scenario in which people actually remember she exists.

She's going to beat Troyzan in the end and somehow no one will have seen it coming

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Teckiwi posted:

The timeslots(ad sale schedules released well in advance) on TVNZ's network were scheduled for 2x1hr slots each week on separate nights. That's from May, no idea if it's changed since then.

http://imgur.com/a/ug12V

Cool beans, though Sunday/Monday scheduling is pretty drat wonky unless things are different over there?

As soon as I typed that I googled it, and...it seems Sunday/Monday are the most-viewed days for US cable subscribers, which is still weird because for years I've thought Thursday was the heavy-hitter, with Sunday in second and Monday somewhere in there not embarrassing itself next to Saturday (which is also why it was Kind Of A Deal when Survivor moved from Thursday to Wednesday in the midst of their shittiest of seasons).

At this point I don't even care, I'm just hoping they do something nifty with the format like that.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

Cool beans, though Sunday/Monday scheduling is pretty drat wonky unless things are different over there?

Sunday/Monday has always been the big ratings nights here. For a long time anyway. Sundays is the home of 60 Minutes style shows which move into Miniseries/TV Events or 90 minute episodes of reality/talent show juggernauts. Mondays was always the home of massive shows like Friends, 24, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Greys Anatomy, South Park. We also don't have SNF (or sport of any kind) to contend with on a Sunday night.

Monday is always the best night here, because it's when we get to steal all the Sunday night content from the US :)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

xcore posted:

It's scary how white the cast is.
we already have a bunch of coloured people stuck on an island but they are not allowed to be filmed

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

we already have a bunch of coloured people stuck on an island but they are not allowed to be filmed

:golfclap:

Teckiwi
Dec 7, 2006

bowmore posted:

savage.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/tv-radio/82774137/tvnzs-survivor-is-filming-in-nicaragua

Interesting that the NZ season isn't in Samoa right after AUS wraps, maybe the previous US set was available for them.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It's been a couple years since the US was in Nicaragua. It's probably just one of those go-to easy locations.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Just finished this season, went back and read people's responses to the final vote and everything has already been said. Just seemed like a good season until the last few eps and then the final seemed bizarre as hell.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
The editing hosed up. Aubry had no social game, so seeing her strategy versus Michelle's weird confessionals makes the final difficult to decipher. Plus, jesus, they need to cut challenge airtime by half.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of challenge time. I'm doing my rewatch whilst listening to TEOS and I've finally arrived at Season 21. Holy poo poo these challenges are dire. The last couple of seasons had the cast to carry the seasons, but I've now arrived at terrible seasons with terrible casts and holy gently caress do you notice the drop in quality.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

xcore posted:

Speaking of challenge time. I'm doing my rewatch whilst listening to TEOS and I've finally arrived at Season 21. Holy poo poo these challenges are dire. The last couple of seasons had the cast to carry the seasons, but I've now arrived at terrible seasons with terrible casts and holy gently caress do you notice the drop in quality.

Don't fret, there isn't long to go before the Goon King cometh.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
And our fears have been put to rest. Australian Survivor is only going to air two nights a week.

First six minutes are online (basically the truck ride/contestant profiles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJY_yvr8p2o

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

The Lord Bude posted:

Don't fret, there isn't long to go before the Goon King cometh.

Yeah, but then I need to watch One World

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
Season 33 cast is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_solCqB_TU

International link https://wa.proxfree.com/permalink.p...MrA%3D%3D&bit=1

Zeke looks interesting and Adam is a goon by looks of it. Looks like a good cast. Let's hope that this season doesn't' have any lovely gimmick like redemption island(Knowing Jeff it might turn up soon again).

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Australian Survivor starts this Sunday, according to wikipedia. I guess I'll whip up a thread.

I'll get US Survivor thread up next month.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Australian Survivor thread is up.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
The Australian Olympic synchronized swimming team just used the theme to the Outback season for their music!

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Any fans starved for Survivor should definitely check out Australian Survivor and come by the thread to chat. It was surprisingly solid.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Only going to watch if it's confirmed there's an Outback Steakhouse reward challenge.

But seriously, there should be many food rewards because 55 days is a really long time to be on this show's usual type of subsistence diet.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
One of the tribe's camp got devastated by the ocean.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
There's also a wizard who never speaks.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It has a very innocent, Borneoesque feel to it, AussieJeff is adorable in how green he is ("This is also my first tribal council, so we're in the same boat! :3: "), and it features a proper intro credit sequence with the correct music and everything. You should watch it if you can.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

It has a very innocent, Borneoesque feel to it, AussieJeff is adorable in how green he is ("This is also my first tribal council, so we're in the same boat! :3: "), and it features a proper intro credit sequence with the correct music and everything. You should watch it if you can.
I agree. Its refreshing after being 30+ seasons deep in the US version. I wonder what proportion of their budget was spent on licensing. I doubt that intro sequence is cheap.

I love Survivor. I love how we're getting four seasons this year.

Teckiwi
Dec 7, 2006

Lampsacus posted:

I agree. Its refreshing after being 30+ seasons deep in the US version. I wonder what proportion of their budget was spent on licensing. I doubt that intro sequence is cheap.

I love Survivor. I love how we're getting four seasons this year.

I'm guessing licensing was heavily reduced, some 2016 productions from wikipedia:

New:
New Zealand
Romania
Slovakia

2nd/3rd attempts after long breaks:
Australia
Czech Republic
Slovenia

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
I didn't see in the other thread, how does someone in the US watch?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Teckiwi posted:

some 2016 productions from wikipedia:

The Dutch version is starting its 17th season next month.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

oneof27 posted:

I didn't see in the other thread, how does someone in the US watch?

The only :filez:I found was through Demonoid, since just about all of those sites have gotten shut down. My VPN worked on TenPlay for Masterchef, but they seem to have wised up and killed those IP addresses since a whole month ago.

It's a difficult time to be on the internet.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i just googled it and didnt have a problem :shrug:

Teckiwi
Dec 7, 2006

less laughter posted:

The Dutch version is starting its 17th season next month.

Yep I was trying to point out cases where reduced licensing fees probably played a role in countries where they have their first or new season after a long period(ie 10 years for Australia). That being said, does anyone go to the effort of doing subs for the non english ones? Could be a whole new lot of seasons to binge if that's been done.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Just pointing out that cast interviews are slowly coming in from Xfinity.

I can already tell I'm going to dislike Paul.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The only :filez:I found was through Demonoid, since just about all of those sites have gotten shut down. My VPN worked on TenPlay for Masterchef, but they seem to have wised up and killed those IP addresses since a whole month ago.

It's a difficult time to be on the internet.

The Pirate Bay is back up and is just as likely as Demonoid to be under government watch.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

ApplesandOranges posted:

Just pointing out that cast interviews are slowly coming in from Xfinity.

I can already tell I'm going to dislike Paul.

Strange phenomenon that I'm closer in age to (older than) the Gen X tribe and maybe they're playing up for the camera but I find them almost all unlikeable and hope the Millennials trounce them.

Paul seems condescending like the old man on Aussie Survivor...can we talk about what's happening on that series without spoiler tags?
So strange - and entertaining - when people say they've been waiting their whole life to play Survivor, arrive on the beach and then forget that it is first and foremost a social game.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Aug 28, 2016

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The Pirate Bay is back up and is just as likely as Demonoid to be under government watch.
Everything so far is up on dailymotion. Just look up Australian Survivor s03. Also if you don't know this trick already you can manually switch the video url to dailymotion.com/embed/video to get rid of all dailymotion's lovely clutter.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
https://twitter.com/eorlins/status/770089092818276352

I want more Eliza Orlins in my Survivor.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Eliza should have a permanent jury spot.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Eliza should succeed Jeff Probst

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Soooooooo wrong.

Eliza might be the most annoying Survivor alum on the Internet. Just last season she threw a temper tantrum about newbies insufficiently grovelling before "veteran" players. She's pretty much everything awful about former reality TV stars rolled into one person.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Rob Cesternino's wife says any non-winner Gen X players this season shouldn't get any prize money because they're all throwing such indignant fits about participation trophies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
I've been reading Josh Wiger's preseason interviews. A lot had bio updates between now and when the interviews took place but I think Justin had the best;

quote:

Editor’s Note: Justin’s bio has been updated since this interview. His occupation has changed from “bartender” to “real estate agent.”

• Locked thread