Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So how many S1 escalations aren’t in the new game? I only got S1 a couple months ago and still have a ton of escalations I haven’t done. Would like to knock out the ones that aren’t in 2 while I’m waiting for non-gold versions to unlock so I can uninstall S1 with a clean conscience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

cheesetriangles posted:

In Sapienza the detective is bugged to notice 47 in his suit even in normal non trespassing places.

I always liked the implication that ol' Sal Falcone had heard rumors of a bald, barcoded assassin who likes killing people in Sapienza.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I know nothing about hitman lore, but if 47 is supposed to be one of many genetically engineered super clones, what does the fact that Helmut Krueger is identical to him mean

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

I'm kind of a Hitman noob (I did a few levels in Hitman 2016 and one ET). How do you guys start with a brand new map? Do you play with stories on? Do you look at challenges and try to complete them? Or do you just sort of walk around and figure out what to do blind?

First time I'm on a level I'll usually focus on exploration, going around the map, listening to conversations, breaking into locked areas, collecting a bunch of junk in my inventory and stashing disguises and unconscious bodies all around the map, before finally taking one of the opportunities that looks easy-ish.

Once I've done this once or twice to learn the map I'll usually attempt a Silent Assassin Suit Only run just to cross it off the list so I never have to do it again. If it looks difficult at all I'm not shy about watching a few different routes on youtube for reference.

It gives you a bunch of mastery while also meaning that in later runs, whenever you're trying to get a difficult challenge, "kill all the guards on the map before proceeding" becomes a viable strategy. I think I had to use it for the Colorado challenge to put all four targets in the slurry pit, for instance, as well as one or two difficult bits in Bangkok. And in general I just like to be able to shoot my way out when a run goes tits up rather than have to restart the mission as soon as I'm spotted.

Cythereal posted:

This game is making me really wish for a lady Hitman game. Keep all the mechanics, hell even the levels exactly the same, just let you play as a woman using woman-specific or unisex disguises.

I too worry about it veering into weird misogyny or at the least riling up the dumb gamergater crowd about women in their man hitting game. I dunno about doing a whole game for it, but doing it as a separate game mode could be an interesting but simple way to rework levels where you have a different set of disguises and opportunites you can take.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

blackguy32 posted:

I think it was just a case of them wanting to do something different with the franchise. I think they wanted to make it a little more accessible.

I had a great time with it, but so many people were expecting Blood Money 2 when instead they got a game that was similar to the Hitman games prior to Blood Money.

But the writing in these games were never their strong suit. Even the story to Hitman 2016 is garbage.

I really could not care less about the writing in these games. Just give me more mans to hit and more esoteric skills for 47 to casually show mastery of

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Top points for me so far:

Miami: While waiting for the target as the mascot, the guard who is obviously a furry who tries to make small talk about the suit.

Vermont: The nurse opportunity where for once they get suspicious of you and they don't just wave you in to a perfect assassination closed room.

Sgail: The NPC conversation talking about the incident at a red carpet Paris event where 70 people all walked into the same electrified puddle.

Overall really enjoying it. I dunno that any map is quite as perfect as Sapienza, but there are no duds like Bangkok and Colorado were. Even the tutorial level at the beach house felt really polished and cool.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

Yes if the challenge doesn't specify a named character. Some challenges are only possible through contract mode (and you'll often find searching the challenge name will bring up ones with appropriate targets)

I kinda hate this sorta stuff. They make challenges that can only be done via contracts, but most contracts are either way too easy (because they're designed for that challenge) or way too hard (because they're not). There's not much leeway.

Thinking of stuff like the ninja/motorcyclist challenges for Hokkaido. Couldn't be done in the main story mission, any contracts designed for it are just killing like the 5 nearest easy to isolate guys in the morgue, any contracts not designed for it meant trekking through areas extremely difficult to get through as a ninja/motorcyclist.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KungFu Grip posted:

I like the idea that you can possibly kill at least 5 different people with the robot in the miami level with the pictures you find laying around. How you get them up into that room, i got no idea

Doing a run where I kill half the map just so I can drag the unconscious bodies of the mascot and hot dog vendor to the robot unimpeded is high on my list.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lollerich posted:

It also doesn't help that many of the old routes no longer work properly in the legacy maps. I almost shat myself in anger trying to get SA/SO in mastery mode Bangladesh earlier today before I gave up. Those two loving sound engineers next to Jordan's sound booth
a) can no longer be separated in any way. They always, always move together with one following the other closely if you try to any kind of distraction
b) they can no longer be lured close enough to the door of the bathroom by throwing a coin inside the bathroom, they are programmed to block out noise inside the bathroom

Both of these changes must have been made intentionally. I was sometimes able to lure Jordan close to the bathroom door even though he was further away than both of them. Yet, he too will not ever get close to the door so that you could grab him.

c) if you lure both sound engineers to the door at the same, you might have the clever idea of waiting for both of them to turn around and then grab one as he is leaving. This will no longer work either, although they've given them both a hearing impairment this does clearly not apply to choking sounds.

I can't even think of any other way where you could possibly isolate Jordan Cross to get SA/SO. He is never alone AFAIK except while he's in the sound booth. And you absolutey can't get there without beeing spotted. Or at least I just can't loving figure it out.

Edit: I'll try an audio distraction device, but I'm not hopeful.

I got it by headshotting Cross from behind the two guys just as the door to the booth closed. They didn’t see it and I was gone before they investigated the gunshot. I did have to hustle on my escape since someone eventually checks inside the booth and finds the body.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They changed the noise the Striker makes 0/10 worst game of the year

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I should really be working on getting unlocks and practicing Miami in preparation for the first Elusive target but I just wanna go and kill everyone on the Sgail map so bad.

StashAugustine posted:

Hey where's thr third Intel in Vermont? Have ark society anf meeting time

AFAIK there's multiple places to get all the intel so just look around.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nakar posted:

1) You need to get in the car and start the engine when Robert instructs you to, otherwise he'll get in it himself and have somebody else check the engine and they'll die instead or nothing will happen.

2) You have to start in a basic suit; any "undercover" start is in a disguise by default and invalidates it. Suit Only means you start in a basic suit and never change out of it. However, you may pick any basic suit you like; the Clown Suit is a regular suit, so if you want to do a run where you're running around as Corky you can get Suit Only.

3) From the main menu, go to CAREER -> MASTERY and click each level to see the mastery track.

Note that to get in the car legally you need to be in an engineer outfit or whatever. I tried to do it as a security guy and everyone shot me.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ilitarist posted:

Thanks Nakar!

IIRC there's engineer disguise in an unguarded wardrobe nearby so it's still looks to me like a quickest way to SA. But as undercover costumes do not count for SASO this looks like a more challenging map than S1 maps. I remember being able to get SASO easily in Paris, though I'm still not sure how you do it in Sapienza or Hokkaido.

The current fastest SASO route for Miami that the pros are using seems to be doing something to make her crash in the race- either shooting the car or throwing an explosive- and then shooting the laptop by the satellite dish across from the stands to summon the guy and his bodyguard onto that balcony. The only tricky part seems to be finding some way to distract his bodyguard away. I haven't found a reliable way for a normal human non-speedrunner to do it yet.

My personal go-to Sapienza SASO is to start from safe house, cut through the kitchen to the observatory, use the videotape opportunity to kill Silvio, then go upstairs and cross the roof to Francesca's office. There's a brief window there where she can be fiberwired into the crate behind her. Then it's just back downstairs to the lab, shoot the virus from across the room, and take the plane out. I've seen some people electrocute Francesca instead, but I find that puddle to be finnicky and unreliable.

As for Hokkaido, I find it quite easy, but it's a bit trickier without full unlocks, and they made it harder by adding a guard in the morgue security office. Starting in the morgue, you can use your pistol to shoot the heart from the security office, then cut through the outside down to near the garage. Climb the pipe upstairs, open the door, and you're in the maintenance area by the sauna, where you can easily kill Yamazaki.

gently caress Bangkok and Colorado, though. And I have no loving clue how I'd go about SASOing on most of the other season 2 maps.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MMF Freeway posted:

I tried it with the pale duck and got the crash. It showed as the normal mine model too so idk why it matters but its good to know there is a work around.

Aw, I hadn't tried it yet and was hoping there was an animation for 47 gently placing a rubber ducky somewhere on the car.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If Hit Man has finally figured out how to put things in suitcases, you'd think he could figure out how to put some clothes in there too instead of just dropping his dirty laundry on the floor and refusing to pick it up until he puts it on again.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
/\/\/\
Did...did 47 spend weeks studying sports team mascots to be able to flawlessly disguise himself as a flamingo man?

RBA Starblade posted:

I've said it before but dumb as the story is I love that they keep going all-in on the Ort-Meyer clone stuff and 47's increasingly convoluted past instead of shoving it into the background or forgetting about it.

e: Are there any real reasons to start with ARs and shotguns yet or is it just for fun murder sprees?

They're nice if you're specifically planning to go loud (or violent, at the very least) since they usually have features the NPC weapons don't like suppressors and steady aim and such.

The one assault rifle that's essentially a big silverballer is also very nice in certain areas that have large numbers of heavily armed guards, namely the school in Marrakesh and all of Colorado. If a guard carries an assault rifle, they usually don't carry a pistol. So by taking in an assault rifle you can replenish your ammo, since if you stick with your pistol you can potentially run out.

Also running around with shotguns is fun, they gently caress guards up in close quarters.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So if they do another christmas themed level like Holiday Hoarders, which if the new levels do you think they'll use?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sgail with a challenge to pelt people with coal.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nakar posted:

For the curious, most pistols can't shoot open doors the way more powerful weapons can. But some concealable weapons are able to do it! I haven't unlocked the Striker again to test it, but I have tested the ICA19 F/A and F/A Stealth, the Dax X2 Covert SMG (the new Uzi-like one that can be taken in a loadout slot), and the Concept 7 (which is automatic). Sure enough, these can shoot open doors when firing a burst of ~3 rounds into the lock area. This appears to be a property specific to the weapons themselves, or to being automatic, and not to the damage dealt in whole or over time; no matter how fast and accurately I unloaded the stock pistol, Krugermeier, or HWK21 Covert directly into the lock, it didn't do a thing.

Most of the above-listed weapons are unsuppressed and therefore probably useless, but the Dax Covert and ICA19 F/A Stealth are both suppressed and open locked doors faster than a lockpick or explosive provided nobody's too close to the door to freak out about multiple bullet impacts. Worth thinking about if you don't need to use your pistol slot for anything. Honestly the F/A Stealth and Dax Covert are both pretty good weapons in general and as long as you're not doing bullet distractions they're controllable enough to headshot targets or bust cameras with no issues and only 2-3 rounds expended per tap.

Note that when a door is blasted open by an explosion or gunfire, it stays permanently open. Can't shoot out a lock and then close the door behind you.

Are you sure about the pistol thing? I swear I remember opening a couple doors with my stock pistol and silverballer. I was under the impression that it depended more on the door than on the weapon. I've had great luck shooting open stuff like wooden shed doors in columbia, but there were some sturdier metal doors I couldn't. (Though come to think of it, maybe they were keycard doors? I know those work differently and can't be crowbarred)

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pennfalath posted:

Urgh, need to grind out some more mastery levels in Marrakesh to unlock a starting point for my master sniper assassin run.

Two questions:
1) is there any way to get upstairs in the embassy without being frisked? The guards on the stairs see through almost any disguise, I really don't want to go through the parking lot, and the guard and soldier in the back don't cooperate. Can't find a janitor downstairs. .
2) can you start with a briefcase with a sniper in AND conceal another sniper in a drop point? Would make everything much easier.

edit: you totally can! All-Black suit get!

So, master difficulty Sniper Assassin tips for Bangkok and Marrakesh (the two most annoying ones):
Marrakesh: Hide one sniper on the bazaar roof, one in a suitcase you bring with you. Start in default position, run towards the school and get a Zaydan soldier uniform on the way (by knocking out and hiding a soldier, I did it at the front entrance to the school before the stairs up), find Zaydan, when he is not seen by others (for example, on the stairs), distract him and shoot him. Immediately drop the gun, run out of the school and to the bazaar rooftop, pick up the second sniper, shoot Strandberg through the agency windows, leave.
Bangkok: Start in your suite, with a sniper in the briefcase. Snipe Morgan (less opportunity do do so than before?) when he starts moving. Call room service and get a uniform. Walk up the stairs, all the way to the top of Morgan's suite, past the stalker even (he will leave). Go to the furthest window, take out sniper and wait for your opportunity. Leave sniper, go downstairs, via the restaurant to avoid camera's, past the front of the hotel to the basement, shoot camera, exit.

You're overthinking how to snipe Zaydan there. Go to the store outside the school with the headmaster on the roof. Knock him out and check out the back part of it. There are some climbable bits that if you follow them all the way to the right will take you to an isolated roof overlooking the courtyard. From there you can just barely see the window in the back of the school overlooking the courtyard that Zaydan occasionally stands in front of. I'd actually rate Marrakesh second only to Sapienza in how easy it is to Sniper Assassin.

You're right that Bangkok's a pain in the rear end, though, just because it's so irritating trying to find good angles.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just did the Real Estate Broker opportunity in Whittleton Creek and lol I think we finally found the skill Hit Man is bad at. He needs to keep the guy from walking away but all he can go on about is how this sure would be a good room to kill people in.

Also went exploring all the other houses and holy poo poo the muffin man has a murder basement. What's the deal with that?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Does anybody know how to do the Who Wants Chowder challenge on Sgail? It requires poisoning like 5 people but I haven't found any lethal poison on the map.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hadn't noticed if you equip the blindfolded Entertainer disguise on Sgail everything goes dim because 47 is navigating purely using instinct mode.

Also holy poo poo I already have full mastery on Miami but I hadn't known about the stig disguise.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Big shout out to the one guy at the front desk of Bangkok who has memorized the faces of not only all of his staff, but even of Cross's tech crew and such. Dude probably sends out personalized invites for the annual staff party.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CuddleCryptid posted:

My favorite is the barber on the same level for the same reason.

Unrelated but since it has been prevalent in this game as well, is it just me or is the fiber wire basically useless? I guess it is useful if you dont mind the non-target kill penalty, but if I was in a situation where the instant-drag was the difference between getting caught and not then I wouldn't go for it. I always trade it out for a lockpick which has way more versatility

On Sapienza, when Francesca's in her office, there's a short window where her bodyguard isn't looking that you can charge in, take her down, and put her in the crate behind her. You can probably do it without, but fiber wire makes it a little quicker and safer. That's where I usually go for Sapienza SASO runs, so it's a handy spot.

Aside from that, I'll usually take it along whenever I'm doing a run that I have loadout slots to spare and am not going for silent assassin. It's just a quality of life thing to be able to kill and drag people quicker with a tool that's not a suspicious item. Especially if you're doing something that'll involve a high bodycount, it's nice to have compared to something like a duck or poison syringe that is only useful once. Last night I did the Sgail challenge to dump 47 people into the sea, and fiber wire was nice to have there, for instance.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah when people get caught by "magic" they are probably like, standing right next to the body admiring their handiwork.

The peak of this for me was on Sgail in the initiation/interrogation opportunity. I lie on all the questions, the target walks into a puddle and gets shocked by the ECT machine, and while I'm just sitting there in the chair all the guards draw their weapons on me all "Did you do this, sir!?" I was just loving sitting there guys, you were watching me the whole time. What the hell did I do?

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

SubNat posted:

So, sedative stuff basically makes people go unconscious immediately right?
What's the use case for that, really?

In most scenarios where you can afford to have someone just drop down unconscious without people reacting, you could easily just smack 'em down with something else to knock 'em out.

Or is it more that it doesn't count as evidence, and thus can be used to lure in a couple more people for easy KOs?

Also it's kind of weird how they juggled around some of the Season 1 unlocks.
You get the remote-detonated phone from Bangkok, instead of Colorado, which seems really strange, since the phone is an actual mission item there and everything.

You're correct that the sedative poison is easily the most useless loadout item in the game, beating out other contenders like the explosive compound, proximity explosives, illegal deadly melee items like the machete and katana, unsilenced weapons, and The Big One, since all of those items have some limited utility, are at least usable substitutes for something better, or are stylish.

Theoretically, if there was a troublesome guard or other NPC who you wanted to get out of the way, and who drank/ate in a location not frequented by other NPCs, you could poison their drink and move on to setting up other stuff knowing they were out of the picture permanently, whereas if you use emetic poison they will eventually stop puking and return to their cycle. It's an extremely fringe case and I can't think of any real examples of it. And if you don't mind taking a few extra moments to just lurk in that room and pacify them you could use the loadout slot for something else, so it's only really useful when speedrunning.

I also seem to remember hearing that you can use it to knock out the sheik on some balcony in paris to climb up and steal his disguise, in a location that would be hard to get in and melee him, or something like that. I haven't tried it myself.

Ironically, the sedative syringe does have a bit more utility (though still only in fringe cases) in that it's fast and absolutely silent, letting you use it to take down clusters of two NPCs in some cases where one of the NPCs would hear if you silent attacked or subdued the other. However, that was only in Hitman (2016). In Hitman 2, they seem to have tweaked the volume for attacks so that throwing stuff is louder and silent attacks are literally silent now, removing what little fringe utility the sedative syringe had. What's more, it's all a moot point because the sedative syringe isn't available as a loadout item and can only be gotten by knocking out some random guy in the Landslide mission on Sapienza.

Pierson posted:

Going back to this for a second: You mean if I play the old Hitman 1 levels inside Hitman 2, I unlock stuff to carry forward into Hitman 2 levels?

I had assumed they just shoved the old levels into the new engine, not that they'd adapted them entirely into the game. That rules.

Yes, but there isn't all that much unlockable from the Hitman 1 content that you can't the equivalent of in hitman 2, since a lot of 2's unlocks are just the same poisons, tools, and weapons with a big ugly "2" stamped on the side. Notable exceptions are stuff like the Best sniper rifle from a Marrakesh Patient Zero escalation, the Krugermayer and Explosive phone from Bangkok, the Shurikens from Hokkaido, and I think the Remote Breaching Charges, although they've been heavily nerfed from Hitman 1. Kinda sucks since there were a lot of situations they were perfect for, but I guess I can understand since they were bordering on being OP.

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 19, 2018

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sinteres posted:

I was pleasantly surprised by how easy this one was. Some escalations get pretty out there, and I don't really have a ton of patience to figure them out since you can't save in escalations, but this one's straightforward as long as you don't mind getting rid of some inconvenient witnesses.

The one tricky bit for me was the two guards standing together downstairs that you had to coin up the stairs, but it seemed like a good chance to play with the new Grenades.

Also, I found out that if you use a concussion explosive and the blast knocks a guy off the second story roof, he doesn’t die from the fall and gets woken up by the people below.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The highest difficulty is kind of masochistic. More guards/cameras, fewer/moved items- sure. But the one save per mission is a pain in the rear end when you consider how many times you get weird stuff like people seeing you through walls, people randomly turning around so they see you just before you punch them in the face, etc.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I thought Morgan had always gone to that trashcan? I can't remember ever getting him to go to the bathroom. Maybe he does it if he gets poisoned from the far right dishes? In any event, if you just want to drown him you can do so with the suite tour opportunity. As for the trashcan, look up and you'll see what it's there for.

Now Cross- he's definitely bugged somehow in Hitman 2. I've twice seen him come in to the room where the recording's playing and immediately leave, and another time I set up a poisoned birthday cake and walked away only to later see him walking back upstairs alive.

gently caress Bangkok, it's rapidly working on overtaking Colorado for least favorite level.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

The NPCs talk about it. The dog's run off to murder the local wildlife. That's why the guards are wandering around the beach with flashlights, they're not looking for you... at least, not initially.

It's a bit more complicated than that. If you get close to the car on the beach with the guards around it you'll find that they're burying bodies, and complaining that the dog keeps digging them up.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I really hope they do an Elusive Target at Hawke's Bay so we get a version of the wetsuit that we can wear to fancy dinner parties in Paris and Sgail.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Holistic Detective posted:

Oh my god, a DLC level set during the Antarctic winter that is basically The Thing but with a tall bald man with a knack for disguise instead of a shape shifting alien would be perfect.

Has anyone got a reliable method for taking out Sierra Knox without a disguise? Trying to get SASO out of the way early. I can take out Robert no problem by clambering up the drainpipe to the satellite dish, shooting the laptop, distracting his bodyguard with a well placed gun, then knocking him out and flinging his body off the roof but I haven't found a reliable way to tackle Sierra.

The first run I did I managed to fling a propane flask onto the track then shoot it as she passed but I've tried it a ton of times since and just can't figure out how I did it. Every other option I've found either requires a specific outfit to set up or seems to need a crazy amount of luck.

Sierra is quite possibly the easiest SASO kill in the game. (Only competition being poisoning Ken Morgan or General Zaydan) Step out onto the bridge over the track right next to the satellite balcony you're killing Robert on. Look down onto the track. Pump a few pistol shots from your silverballer into her car until she crashes. That's literally all there is to it. She's a bit hard to hit, but you can just wait for her to come around again, nobody will notice.

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Nov 19, 2018

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Narrator posted:

You'll have to wait, but I feel like you could sabotage the pyro without needing a disguise?

It's fairly easy to sabotage the pyro in your suit, but doesn't Moses Lee win the race if you don't interfere somehow? To make Sierra win afaik you have to disqualify him as a race marshal, sabotage his car as a mechanic, or make him crash, all of which would fail SASO.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Holistic Detective posted:

Yeah, I did manage to do that, but she doesn't go to the podium unless the other guy loses which I've only managed to do using the race marshall disguise.

Didn't know you could just straight up shoot her. I had assumed a car riddled with bullet holes would count against SA.

Edit: I did see the satellite dish method but he doesn't seem to go to the edge at least when I shot the laptop. Not sure if it's the shooting or a timing thing. I did wonder about whether manually dumping him over would do it too but getting the timing right would be tough if you can.

I presume bullet holes on the car would be overlooked in the case of the car crashing and exploding, at least until after the race. It's kind of the same thing as stuffing a body into a closet. They're going to find the body eventually, they just aren't until 47 is long gone.

And yeah, if the laptop is shut down with the dongle, he'll turn it back on, then stand at the edge and be like "Hey, that's my daughter's car!" all excited. That voice line's the cue for the challenge. It's done in a little cutscene where 47 gives him a lively kick to make it all the way to the track. If you just dump him he slides down the building to the bit by the track, not on it.

By contrast, if you shoot the laptop, he gives up and goes back inside without dawdling at the side of the balcony.

Drunken Baker posted:

But with some coin shenanigans you can distract his guard in the storeroom.

Rather than coin or bullet impact shenanigans to distract the guard, I feel like the easiest way is just to shoot the laptop and drop your pistol in the storeroom before they arrive. Knox will order his bodyguard to move it, and while the gun box is very close, it's still more than enough time to pacify and dump Knox on the balcony.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I play mouse and keyboard, and it seems to me like it would feel pretty chunky on a controller, I dunno.

CuddleCryptid posted:

New favorite NPC is the harpist in the final level that minds her God drat business.

a corpse just came to life, killed my boss, and threw her over the cliff? I'm just paid to play the harp

The musicians drop an invitation intel item if you pacify them that goes over how they're a bunch of famous celebrities who are required to keep a blindfold on at all times and have a strict NDA to never discuss anything they hear there.

So since you can stab, shoot, and blow up everyone around them without them stopping, I guess the NDA works!

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Little disappointed to unlock the tranquilizer gun and find out it only has one shot. I wasn't expecting it to use normal pistol ammo but I was hoping to at least get a small clip like the 5mm. Could still be useful in some situations I guess.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

Big Silvio Spoilers: he's been testing the virus on individuals he was bullied by as a child, and is planning to use it on Francesca De Santis and (iirc) the Ether board. He then plans to basically release it open source so that everyone on earth can use it as a "great equalizer".

I knew he had a copy for Francesca, but I thought it was more because he didn’t trust her, partly because of his thing with women and partially because she really was spying on him. Where did the stuff about him testing on old bullies show up? I don’t remember that.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thinking it over I think the least evil target might be Soders. All he was really guilty of was not trusting 47’s complete lack of emotions or background and betraying one shadowy extra governmental organization for another, and he only did that because he would literally die if he didn’t get their help for a surgery. And 47 even did something similar.

Edit: poo poo beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

drat that's pretty sick, that'll give me an excuse to replay them.

will I unbalance the 2 missions if I complete all of the 1 missions or are they similar to 1 where it's like "more starting locations"

Not really, no. A lot of the stuff you get in 2 is just cosmetic reskins of items from 1. There are a few good items from 1 you can’t get in the 2 levels but none of them are game breaking.