Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

New page, new post, here it's also a new day!! I wish you guys the most lovely Sunday in the history of Sundays, enjoy some really badass amazing breakfast and have a chill and cool time!
For my Australian pals, please report back if it worked out since you already did the Sunday and I hope you're off to an absolute blast of a Monday!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

People in the East are nutters that live in the future, but can't be arsed to check the weather and let us know if it rained this afternoon.

That's how timezones work right?

https://i.imgur.com/1qBoiAi.mp4

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
Finger Prince

Goons Are Gifts posted:

While dealing with my health stuff in hospital, I inevitably have to also deal with rather unusual things for people my age, like my last will and such. Funnily, I have found a service that offers to yeet your ashen remains as high as the loving moon, or to become a little shooting star of debris one day or even become an pretty much eternal memorial in deep space for prices that are high, but, like, not beyond imagination, weirdly.

I get the idea of becoming part of space and for all eternity to stumble through the infinite void, but I do not understand what the hell a fun short space flight experience where you end up back on earth after your corpse had some fun is for tbh

Either way, there's fun ways to take care of your remains, but this is certainly something.
Space trash in low orbit is a huge problem btw thanks to people like Musk making GBS threads up the orbit with trash, so better don't become part of that

drat, that's cool! I always dreamed that when my time is up, there'd be a way to fire my corpse into the sun, or launch it to space and have the ashes burn up in the atmosphere. Life to me is like one of those signs in natural parks and such. Take only pictures, leave only posts on dead gay forums. Crime spoiler: (sometimes I steal small rocks though)

Twenty Four

rear end-penny posted:

the gently caress is a massage apartment?

A disappointment if it doesn't live up to the name!

Twenty Four

Goons Are Gifts posted:

New page, new post, here it's also a new day!! I wish you guys the most lovely Sunday in the history of Sundays, enjoy some really badass amazing breakfast and have a chill and cool time!
For my Australian pals, please report back if it worked out since you already did the Sunday and I hope you're off to an absolute blast of a Monday!

Have the best day possible for you as well I hope!

Finger Prince

rear end-penny posted:

the gently caress is a massage apartment?

A happy end-unit

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 28, 2024

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SIMPLY

HAVING

Twenty Four

Randy Travesty posted:

SIMPLY

HAVING

There is no reason for this on this day and time.

why? why? lol

Twenty Four

Finger Prince posted:

A happy end-unit

Finger Prince

How come ounces can be a measure of weight and a measure of volume? Why aren't there fluid pounds then?

Finger Prince

I've caught myself, and others, saying 'guh-noo' as a contraction of 'going to' lately. I'm guessing this is a Canadian accent thing. Anyway it's something I noticed, because you typically write it as 'gonna', but in practice it turns out we actually pronounce it as guhnoo (sort of like canoe). The 'oo' sound is made with the tongue and comes from more the back of the mouth, rather than making an 'oo' shape with your lips. It kind of makes sense, because it retains the oo sound of to.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 28, 2024

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Finger Prince posted:

How come ounces can be a measure of weight and a measure of volume? Why aren't there fluid pounds then?

A pint of water is a fluid pound.
It's not a helpful measurement at all.

Manifisto - 2023,rear end-penny - 2023,Saoshyant - 2023,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2022,Manifisto - 2018,Pot Smoke Phoenix - 2021
baka of lathspell

Finger Prince posted:

I've caught myself, and others, saying 'guh-noo' as a contraction of 'going to' lately. I'm guessing this is a Canadian accent thing. Anyway it's something I noticed, because you typically write it as 'gonna', but in practice it turns out we actually pronounce it as guhnoo (sort of like canoe). The 'oo' sound is made with the tongue and comes from more the back of the mouth, rather than making an 'oo' shape with your lips. It kind of makes sense, because it retains the oo sound of to.

havent heard this in ontario yet, unironically cant wait for it to be all around me and then to have my voice be subsumed within yet another canadian accent trend as i start saying it that way also

e: in ontario we see a cool way of saying something that probably the maritimes or quebec made up and are like, no we should be saying it that way

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

xcheopis

nesamdoom posted:

A pint of water is a fluid pound.
It's not a helpful measurement at all.

My mother taught us a (very) general rule: A pint's a pound the world round

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Finger Prince

baka of lathspell posted:

havent heard this in ontario yet, unironically cant wait for it to be all around me and then to have my voice be subsumed within yet another canadian accent trend as i start saying it that way also

e: in ontario we see a cool way of saying something that probably the maritimes or quebec made up and are like, no we should be saying it that way

It could be a west coast thing that I picked up since moving here that hasn't made it past the rockies yet. People do tend to have stronger accents out here than in Ontario.

https://voca.ro/1g0sMClc9ceq

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 28, 2024

baka of lathspell

yea that makes sense

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

SeaGoatSupreme
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
saw a bunch of faberge eggs at a museum on Saturday, don't really get the appeal. you can't even eat them

okay but actually they were really cool a+ museum (the Virginia museum of fine art)

I almost sneezed on a painting worth more than my house

Escape From Noise

The Kaldi near me as 500 yen chevre!

Ash or honey.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Escape From Noise

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

saw a bunch of faberge eggs at a museum on Saturday, don't really get the appeal. you can't even eat them

Not with that attitude!

Wertjoe

Escape From Noise posted:

The Kaldi near me as 500 yen chevre!

Ash or honey.

Why not both?

Escape From Noise

Wertjoe posted:

Why not both?

I usually eat chevre on toast with egg so I prefer savory.

Ass-penny

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

I almost sneezed on a painting worth more than my house

as someone with a degree in fine art, you should have

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

baka of lathspell

lol i keep posting out my rear end

fine art ... i know it when i see it ... idk

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

F(ine )art

B33rChiller

nesamdoom posted:

F(ine )art
Here's a half hour documentary full of fine art, music, and folk instruments. Kindly subtitled in English prior to uploading to Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_3ipGIys0

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Finger Prince

I'm more a fan of the coarser arts.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

Finger Prince posted:

I'm more a fan of the coarser oats.

Prof. Crocodile

Finger Prince posted:

I'm more a fan of the coarser arts.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

I found a peso on the bedroom floor. I'm super curious where it came from. I will never know. Sadly it can't buy me a beer. Wishing I'd have found like 5 pounds. Mystery forgotten.

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Do curved monitors actually matter? I can't understand how they would unless its a really wide screen.

Finger Prince

nesamdoom posted:

Do curved monitors actually matter? I can't understand how they would unless its a really wide screen.

I think they're kind of gimmicky until you get to the really really wide ones that are like 34-48"

nesamdoom

nesaM killed Masen

Finger Prince posted:

I think they're kind of gimmicky until you get to the really really wide ones that are like 34-48"

That's kinda my supposition. A 32:9 curved would be a cool solo monitor to wrap peripheral views in, with size still mattering.

I saw a curved one today that pivots to vertical, but that'd be wonky as gently caress without being at just the right height.

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

Goons Are Gifts posted:

Tea crew, what's your favorite kind of tea??

lapsang souchong it tastes like a campfire smells

though i generally drink english & irish breakfast teas more often than anything else

Barking Gecko posted:

lapsang souchong

ayyyy

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

Papa Was A Video Toaster

is there a tea that tastes like nag champa incense smells? celestial seasonings bengal spice is close, but i want more smoke and spice

Escape From Noise

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

is there a tea that tastes like nag champa incense smells? celestial seasonings bengal spice is close, but i want more smoke and spice

Russian caravan tea?

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Mix garam masala and rose petals with

Russian caravan tea?

And that's as close as you can get to what you want. It's good.

Stoner Sloth

i don't know gently caress all about tea really but occasionally enjoy a cuppa so i'm :allears: about this conversation

baka of lathspell

green all day

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Quadramind

Chai with too much sugar and powdered or condensed milk is heaven, but green is the mainstay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Russian caravan tea?

Good stuff

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean