Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Ugh. I did cardio yesterday and also didn't eat enough and today my lifts are awful. Struggling to get 5 reps of benchpress at 80kg. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Went to the gym, lifted a weight. Was good.

Edit: nice clean!

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Chinatown posted:

also hit the rowing machine and fly machine because gently caress you

I like the rowing machine :shobon:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Almost finished a cut and looking forward to getting some sweet sweet gains. I must learn to adapt to salami.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
This cut is weird, lifts are staying the same, weight is staying the same, but body measurements are decreasing. I guess I'm broken v:shobon:v

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Isn't that how it's supposed to work when you do it right?

I figured I would be losing at least a little weight. I've not lost more than 0.5kg, but I've taken a few centimetres off my waist. Just a bit puzzling, I'm not unhappy!

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Doc Hawkins posted:

~%1 weight loss per week without loss of strength is possible for most people.

e: until you get down to mid-teens of bodyfat, anyway

Well, I'm 5'9" or so at 145lb, and somewhere around 12% bodyfat based on measurements. I should see about getting it done with callipers to figure out if I'm completely off.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Well, today is interesting. Tried to lift what I did with deadlift last week, and can barely get the weight off the ground. Why is deadlift so much more neurologically taxing than squats? Today I busted out 5x5 at a higher weight with no problem.

The answer is probably salami, but even so.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I just had two glasses of wine. Cut. Ruined

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I'm trying to work up strength for hanging leg raises, but I swing too much when lifting my legs. Would training on the dip station with a weighted dip belt help to build up the core strength I need to do them property?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Defiant Sally posted:

Yes. Theres a good trick for hanging leg raises to keep yourself centered, but it's literally impossible to describe. Also, if you're 6' + you should be able to hang off the pullup bars in the cable pulley stations (if your poo poo is Life Fitness or Hammer) and touch your toes to the ground between reps to stop yourself from swinging backwards. If you're not, just grab a dumbell and put it under your feet to touch against.

I'll give that a try, thanks! :)

And I'm a mere 5'9" manlet. :(

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Defiant Sally posted:

Manlets... When will you learn?

Things I have seen on the bodybuilding forums: -

'What is a good exercise to become taller?' :psyduck:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I mean the obvious answer is rack pulls.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Defiant Sally posted:

This forum actually used to have a good community in TFLC.

Now everybody is dead, married, or weak.

Except me. I am the last.

I'm married but getting stronger :3:

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to use the :3: toward yourself

Sorry :(

How are you doing by the way, are your knees ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

They seem to be doing good, I've managed to complete my squats and lunges the past 2 weeks without having to stop so I think I'm on track.

and here is a :3: for your getting stronger from me. completely legal and above ground

e: i have got to get my loving diet in check though. Every time I get my off weekend I always say I'll go healthy grocery shopping and I either dont, or I do it half rear end. Tomorrow is my last off day for another two weeks, so it's totally going to be the day I do it this time. I can feel it

Have you got a freezer so you could cook stuff in bulk and then defrost it as you need it? There are some good recipes floating around if you need them. And great to hear about your knees, you'll be swole before you know it. :getin:

• Locked thread