Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

post hole digger posted:

2 pm coffe? dont mind if i do,

stellar idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

now my fail heart demands decaf, this is me again

jesus WEP posted:

*extremely axl voice*
I'm on the night beans, bottoms up
I'm on the night beans, fill my cup
I'm on the night beans, ready to crash and burn, I never learn
I'm on the night beans, I love that stuff
I'm on the night beans, an' I can never get enough
I'm on the night beans, never to return, no

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

went to use The Coffee Machine Upstairs and failed to realise there were no beans in it until this weird piss coloured liquid filled my cup.

sadly, i don't know where the beans are stored or who is in charge of the machine, so i cannot do the right thing and refill it.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
Why I will make a cup of coffee at 5 pm thanks for the idea folks

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

same but 4 pm

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
same but 7 pm

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

drinking coffee all day

posting all night

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

was up til 5 am this morning before sleeping until 10 am, so yeah you could say im drinking coffee,

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive been gettin real heavy into these ethiopian beans. anybody else yirg'n it up?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

ethiopian yirgacheffe is wonderful

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
its so good!

"Gimmie! Coffee" had a rare ethiopian single origin thats tasting notes included the phrase "willy wonka" and it was the most blueberry-tasting delicious juicy coffee I've ever had in my life. They only had it for like 3 noncontinuous months in the entire time i lived in NYS though so it was really hard to come by

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

not sure about yirgpos but the Ethiopian beans I've had have been fantastic.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

my favorite yirgacheffe ever tasted like blueberries

it was rad

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah i'm definitely getting the fruit out of these beans. its great. i'm learning that i do not really care about the dark roasts; i used to think they were the shiznizzle but they're so loud and man they make your piss stink bad

might be getting a bit of a coffee preference after all!

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

join us... feel the flavor of the light side of the roast...

lousy hat
Jul 17, 2004

bone appetit
Clapping Larry

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah i'm definitely getting the fruit out of these beans. its great. i'm learning that i do not really care about the dark roasts; i used to think they were the shiznizzle but they're so loud and man they make your piss stink bad

might be getting a bit of a coffee preference after all!

years ago in a different city, I worked a few blocks away from a little downtown coffee shop that looked like it came out of a Wes Anderson movie. everything was so precise and so goddamn twee that I wanted to hate it. I *knew* it was a sham as I looked over their perfect little bean menu with tasting notes. I felt it in my bones as they took *minutes* to do a perfect little $5 < 10 oz pourover.

and then I tasted the coffee

it was literally the first time that I ever tasted the actual things that the tasting notes included. it was the best cup of coffee I’d had in my life.

now that I’m visiting relatives for thanksgiving, it’s all nespresso until I get home because I was too polite/much of a coward to roll in with some beans and a French press.

anyway this is all to say, “hell yeah to light roasts, hell yeah for homing in on the coffees that you really like” and “it’s time for me to get back on the cafetière horse”

the nespresso’s okay

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

can't wait to go to New Orleans again in December and try some undrinkably dark "french roast"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

c can’t do caffeine s: if a uk goon would like some very nice free coffee, i have most of this bag of costa rican beans that i’ll ship to you. there’s about 750g left. best used in a filter machine or pourover, never tried them in moka pot or espresso machine, they might be too light a roast to work well

send me a pm if you want them and I’ll post them out

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's coffee time. drinking an extra cup today for jesus WEP

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its cold and i dont get a thanksgiving dinner bc i've worked so much that i couldn't get to the store :(

i got some coffe tho.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

dioxazine posted:

it's coffee time. drinking an extra cup today for jesus WEP

jesus WEP died (gave up caffeine) for our sins :smith:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

had coffee. short day today.

EndlessRagdoll
May 20, 2016

had a coffee. might do another.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i got in and out of the grocery store in 32 minutes, but now i need some beans.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

my mother made me a very pleasant cup of coffee this morning :unsmith:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Captain Foo posted:

that was after she made me a nice pot of tea

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

gotta get more beans - i'm running out!!

Captain Foo posted:

Mother Foo owns

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

AnimeIsTrash posted:

that was after she made me a nice pot of tea

Children get fed first, always

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Captain Foo posted:

big ups to Foo's mom

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

i come from a lineage of coffee incompetence, i am trying to make up for everyone's failings.

neither of my parents can make coffee - if they ever coffee it's nescafe.

my partner is learning to like coffee, but she has no interest in learning how to make it ("you're always around when i want coffee!")

my grandma is the worst of them all. her idea of coffee is a mug filled with milk placed in the microwave followed by a (British) teaspoon or two of whatever instant she has on hand. she loves this.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jonny 290 posted:

i got in and out of the grocery store in 32 minutes, but now i need some beans.

:eyepop: wow and today of all days

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Nobody Interesting posted:

i come from a lineage of coffee incompetence, i am trying to make up for everyone's failings.

neither of my parents can make coffee - if they ever coffee it's nescafe.

my partner is learning to like coffee, but she has no interest in learning how to make it ("you're always around when i want coffee!")

my grandma is the worst of them all. her idea of coffee is a mug filled with milk placed in the microwave followed by a (British) teaspoon or two of whatever instant she has on hand. she loves this.

you are not responsible for the coffee related sins of your ancestors. buy a Bialetti and be free 🙏

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Nobody Interesting posted:

sounds to me a lot like she's out there enjoying coffee while you're here whining on the internet about it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

having coffee

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
coffee and orange cinnamon rolls while im listening to chill jazz and nargle runs around like she's got a bug up her butt

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

had a cup of coffee this morning

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Captain Foo posted:

had a cup of coffee this morning