Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

So it looks like DC is gonna reveal the TRUE identity of the Joker ... and it's not who you think!

So my guess is Bruce Wayne's secret, unknown brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

muscles like this? posted:

I think a better question at this point is who cares? Having a "true name" adds nothing to the character because it's not like he's hanging around at home during his downtime.

Yeah. Just being the antithesis to Batman or a force of chaos or whatever is pretty good. Having multiple origin stories and all of them being unreliable fits so well with the character.

Oh and I guess there already was a secret Wayne brother and he is an Owlman or something. Hmmmm.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I've been reading Pluto and really digging it. Manga is not usually my jam but this is pretty good. I was wondering why the first few pages in the book were in color so I posed the question to google and here is one response....

quote:

Well manga is normally a weekly thing where as western style comics are monthly in most cases however the story suffers for all the great coloring but manga on the other hand truly shows talent in drawing and the story rarely falters. And coloring manga would really kill the mangaka lol. My 2 cents.........

Anyway. Maybe the Joker is like literally the devil ... dude.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Apr 27, 2016

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Dr. Hurt posted:

I believe it is because the schedule for making and releasing manga is so insane, color is only used on really special occasions or as a special bonus. Manga artists live on such a strict schedule already that the time it takes to make it all in color would delay the process. There are some that are all color but those have less of a frequency than the weekly/biweekly magazines

Yeah. I get why they don't color the whole thing. I just thought that quote was funny. Basically boils down to Mangas are rarely bad.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Soonmot posted:

Everyone should just stop reading or really even talking about animes ever. That quote was hilarious.

at least my dislike of manga is semi tongue in cheek, holy poo poo, can I smell that guy and his crusty body pillows across the internet

Yeah this is what I was hoping people would pick up on.

• Locked thread