Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ROFL Octopus posted:

raphael seems to be like his sc2 self and doesn’t have any of that vampire garbage so i’m happy

He's got some supremely dumb glasses in exchange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kawase and Emiko are cool, though.

But yeah the game needs some antialiasing or downscaling or something.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 3, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I've run enough MMO parsers to tell you the average person loving hates hitting buttons and spends the overwhelming majority of the time hitting 0 buttons.

If art is about the notes you don't play then you've found some virtuosos.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Do a Tales crossover with a good character and put in Velvet. She can demon arm wrestle Nightmare.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Snk heroines lets both players be the same color/costume

Yomi level 200.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

If a fighting game had characters that feel as varied and unique as the monster hunter weapons I'm in. Granted weapon balance in a pve game is a different beast from fighting game character balance, but just making them fun to play in a vacuum may be enough.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Blazblue has some weak rear end hit sounds, though. Sounds like popping bubble wrap.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Saving Cassandra to get people to buy the dlc.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

I think there were alternate universe versions, too, where the girl was now an edgelord and the edgelord was Setsuka

That was the same universe. Tira corrupted Pyrrha with soul edge and Pat reclaimed his original fighting style (?) because he was trained by Setsuka, somehow, and also had the soul calibur. I think they also both died at the end or something.

I liked them making soul edge not always Nightmare, at least. And Setsuka's fighting style is cool.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Sep 16, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Soul Halibut VI: Featuring Harold of Riviera

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can understand how doing model or major visual effect changes would be a bad idea, but Chun's Morrigan costume should really make air legs the drill.

That being said, Blanka costumes, so it's more just laziness.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 17, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I don't think they ever said they wouldn't.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

have to say I'm not a fan of the battle damage thing they're trying for DOA6

Yeah that's a bit yikes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

Remember Marn's leg?

Does he have gangrene or something?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've always liked Arcueid's design, just a turtleneck sweater and long skirt.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm not sure their connection filter is that great, since going to 3+ to try to get a match gave me a couple 1 bars.

And yeah, glad I'm getting it on PC.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Thwack! posted:

EXVS2 does look really good. Hopefully they remove that awful striker system GVS has right now.

And of course, a console release

And PC, though New Gundam Breaker is the only one they've put on PC and it was way delayed and the game itself is apparently also rear end and probably didn't sell well for those reasons, so I'm not too hopeful.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

Right. It just interrupts everything so we can play extremely slow soul calibur for a few seconds.

It also kinda sucked because I was triggering it accidentally in the few matches I played. That's more down to not knowing the controls, but I feel like it should be something that is much more intentional to do.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I never played Yatagarasu, but didn't they stick their parry on a button so it required more commitment than tapping forward? Presumably nobody plays it for a reason so maybe that didn't fix anything or it was just bad for other reasons.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is there a way to get a ps4 stick working without it? That seemed to be the only way for a lot of games.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Capcom should lend Sega the Street Fighter license to make a Street Fighter Yakuza game.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I like the general idea, but the red hit spark behind a blue hit effect is not a great implementation I think since it could be confusing to read quickly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Something I wish Tekken and Soul Calibur would have in training mode is a dynamic move list display like in the Bayonetta loading screens. So if you hit a particular button or direction and button a window displays the followups for it, and then the next step from that one and so on. Obviously it wouldn't be able to really cover links and juggles and such, but it would be more intuitive than scrolling through a list.

Maybe this exists and I've not found the option.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 12, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I remember a couple years back there was even a huge scrabble scandal, like the British champion or something was palming tiles.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Victory Position posted:

I know people have gone over the hitbox thing over and over, but is orgone energy allowed at tournaments

Now they need to put some crystals inside it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

anime was right posted:

sonic fox is the first top player we've had that isnt a dirtbag, im pretty sure

*As far as we know.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

I hope it's not Senran Kagura, anything else would be fine

Watch it be Super Sonico, throwing cats on her path to victory.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

darealkooky posted:

he's a deadbeat dad

I don't think there are any good dads in Blazblue, though I guess it's a small sample size.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In Training posted:

I don't know what gaming's most epic sibling rivalry is

Sol-Ky is the most epic father-son in law rivalry.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is this the Singularity?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Still better than paid loot boxes, at least. I'm honestly a bit surprised they haven't gone the route of just letting you buy fight money yet.

Not that profitability of a game should be any player's concern, but if we assume that buy the game once and you're done is a model that is dead forever, what would be the least obtrusive monetization? Are dlc characters and costumes and version updates really the least bad option? Not to say this isn't scummy, but it seems fairly ignorable unless it affects match times and I just missed that somewhere.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 6, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Red Bull is sure to be one of them since they've done it already. I think Geico has been doing esports stuff so maybe them? And surely Fang will be powered by Axe body spray.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Raiden succumbed to the dark hadou, so he is weaker than Ryu.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Has anyone tried Override that could comment on it?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

At least Monster Hunter remains pure.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

Monster Hunter makes so much money for Capcom as is they don't need to do anything with it.

You say that like that reason has stopped any company ever.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The real crime is Ryu gets no cut of the ad revenue and still won't be able to afford shoes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's me.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

How did you find my high school notebook? I've probably drawn the one on the right before.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Dec 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It's true, nobody has ever actually shipped any Nintendo characters.