Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Don't the competitive rule sets put the timer at something insane like 5+ minutes though?

Yeah the time limits are long so there's rarely any timeouts. It ends up with the length of rounds in DBFZ territory (which also doesn't get timeouts) when all they're games are run in 3/5's. The difference is that, even if they all take forever, longer normal FG's are willing to accept 2/3's until finals for the sake of time. Melee community pushing for 3/5's for top 64 is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i tried to clash the enemy's grab but couldn't since i was still in lag frames after an unsafe attack
but if i hadn't whiffed, the hitlag on him would have lasted long enough for the lag to end and me to combo into a sex kick

Sounds like a bad situation, just use your Get out of jail Free card to get out of there. (No I'm not making that term up)

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

DoubleDonut posted:

Like, there are still 3S and vsav and fuckin Last Blade 2 players but none of those games are at EVO and if Mr. Wizard said something sassy about Yun and Chun-Li or something I doubt people would come out of the woodwork to get angry at him

If 3S got added, it could have a top 8 completely filled with Chuns and it'd still be more interesting than SFV currently

Vsav getting added would be hype so we could see cool players like MightyMar and Dyne take lower tier characters and kick rear end with them, plus vsav is still one of the most entertaining fgs to watch even when it's just Sasquatch rolling on everyone

So yeah, to me it sounds like adding these older games would be an improvement to EVO at present

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Zand posted:

and then it also has tech hit

Yeah vsav is great in a lot of ways, but pushblocks being the way they are kinda pushes it just off the edge of normal accessibility imo (in terms of getting people into competitive play).

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

or if people accepted Combo Breaker's the new Evo

I can get behind this

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Bosushi! posted:

https://twitter.com/chindogg21/status/1012793651964121094?s=21

People asking for more info are getting links to Hungry Like The Wolf.

Oh Wolfkrone. :allears:

Apparently he did it again today?

https://twitter.com/TheKeits/status/1013088463556628482?s=19

edit: apparently yesterday was in his SFV pool, today was in his dbfz pool

Ventana fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 30, 2018

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

loving what

https://twitter.com/MegamanDS/status/985359967065595904

Note that it probably happened a long time ago, seeing as how FFA isn't around anymore

Spanish Manlove posted:

Smash. It's always smash.

I don't think MMDS would be TOing smash tournaments, or if FFA even ran many Smash tournaments in general.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Double Bill posted:

Rolento wasn't a character that got anywhere near top 8's, meanwhile every single top player had a pocket Elena and did nothing but short short short short. Even AE Yun wasn't as boring to watch.

While the core of this post is true, are you forgetting Nemo who got into several top 8's? A couple of times he played other characters but he definitely was using mostly Rolento. LPN made a couple of Top 8's too. There were only a few top Rolento players but he still made several top 8's.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Kongming posted:

BBtag also had 194 entrants which is more than some of the main stage games got including Guilty Gear.

Well BBtag very likely would've been main stage had they announced their release date earlier, it's not really CEO's fault there

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

In Training posted:

? Bbtag's release date was announced like half a year ago

Looking it up, I guess it was just Europe where it was listed as "summer" until this May and not every region

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

poe meater posted:

Does dbz and smash take longer than cvs2?

Because I'm sitting at work pointlessly waiting on someone to arrive, I took several games from CEO top 8's to compare equal set lengths (not counting intros). Sets were picked mostly randomly but avoiding long outliers or getting matching scores. Rough time estimates all around but pretty close.

quote:

cvs2 -> 3-1 -> 18:15

sfv -> 3-2 -> 15:07

smash 4 -> 3-2 -> 14:00

dbfz -> 3-1 -> 17:20

tekken 7 -> 3-2 -> 17:40

melee -> 3-2 -> 17:20

Inj2 -> 3-1 -> 9:47

Rev2 -> 3-1 -> 10:00

bbctag -> 3-2 -> 12:47

quote:

dbfz total time: 2:45:00

smash 4 total: 2:31:15

cvs2: 2:02:00

Cvs2 matches are easily much longer than most other games, and Dbfz is looking to take almost the same amount of time. The main thing for Melee/Smash 4 finals taking a while is that they run all ft3's, where Cvs2/Dbfz/Tekken7 only run ft3's for the finals.

It'd probably also help too if Cvs2 had a bracket reset, since dbfz/smash 4 had close matches and resets vs Cvs2 where it was Bas rolling a train as always.

Though I don't really get why Inj2 gets all ft3's when Rev2 does ft3-finals-only when they both seem to take the same amount of time roughly :shrug:

special mention to the single outlier Melee match that was a 3-2 that took 22 minutes

Ventana fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jul 2, 2018

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

mango sentinel posted:

Tekken also somehow goes to the last round on every match.

First to 3 outside of finals only ever makes sense if your round times are incredibly quick and swingy.

In that CEO top 8, there were 2 2-0's and a 3-0 sets, unless you meant the individual games, but even then most of them went 3-1 (though 3-2's were fairly common, and rarely were there any 3-0's on single games).

Also, SF4 went all ft3's from 2014 to 2015 for most Top 8's at majors (I think cause CPT required that? my memory is fuzzy on old CPT rules). As someone who somewhat enjoyed seeing competitive SF4, it still was not an incredibly quick and swingy game even with fun characters like Makoto.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

mycot posted:

I think Thems Fighting Herds literally borrowed the netcode from Skullgirls (which honestly should happen more often).

Pretty sure it's not, it's actually more stable. Played people in New Zealand with a surprisingly good connection in that game when it's usually bad in other games. Not that SG's implementation is bad, but I guess TFH must have had some updates that makes it better somehow.

Shiki Dan posted:

MvC:I's netcode was shockingly good.

Shame about the rest of the package, but the netcode may have been the best that Capcom has ever done (I never played HD Remix online, but I hear that was Capcom's gold standard in netcode for a while).

Whenever I ask my friends about "Hey is mvci netcode actually that much better I heard someone say it was okay", everyone usually tells me, "Hell no, I can't even play with people in my same city to get a good connection there" when I usually get fine connections to them from other states in other games, so idk.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Gutter Owl posted:

so it's been a bit. did fightin' herds ever go anywhere, or is it officially dead?

TFH still isn't done, so

The online community is mostly just US players rn and they usually only come together for a monthly tournament they run, with a lot of players being off and on since the game's been getting intermittent patches, so while they have been fixing many issues, the rate is slow.

It's kinda hard for them to finish the game when their 6 person team has been suddenly cut to 3 people actively working since there's been RL issues for half the team. Once those guys are able to come back, then the progress should be fine.

That said, it's still a small game where you're gonna have to actively ask to play players you already know or go into pixel lobbies to get matches, since it's a game that's not called Street Fighter. Usually there's an even mix of beginner players/experienced players, though lately it's mostly the good players.

I know there's some locals in Florida and I think they still have some locals in Socal, if that's your thing.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Yeah those Kof numbers are actually higher than I thought they'd be, hopefully it's not too bad since I still want to get that game eventually

Intel&Sebastian posted:

MVCI is gonna drop to zero as soon as the 15 guys being paid to play it for a year get to the end of their shill contracts and the 5 people who pay to play them on stream follow.

I do have some friends who still play and like mvci, and they aren't really the shill types. They do play most of the kusoge games though so I don't really trust them when they say they like the gameplay.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Reiley posted:

Smash Ultimate is going to be extremely good. Slap City is presently very good. You can probably continue to ignore Icons. That's the official Rally Report

Have you tried Rivals? Rivals is actually pretty cool, and I like watching it sometimes too, though mostly for Etalus

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Real hurthling! posted:

Smash looks good. Too bad the online will be unplayable

This but for every non-american fighting game. 'Sides melty I guess?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
That Pokken Worlds tournament was pretty great to watch all around, lots of great matches and some upsets. That and Gengar is super fun to watch.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Ultima66 posted:

Pokken looks kind of cool but holy poo poo is it weird to see the game have pretty reasonable walk speed and every move is like 25f startup. Also what the gently caress is that Gengar laser unblockable?

Yeah Pokken moves have long startups, but it falls along relatively normal character type distributions in FGs (zoning characters with slower moves, rushdown characters with faster moves) that you'd expect. Since most of pokken neutral is getting in through zoning or RPS reads, you don't really feel it until you're close up in duel phase. And while it's awkward to get into at first, I always figured that the frame data was the way it is to emphasize its RPS mechanics. It's sorta lame in theory compared to normal FGs, but in practice it feels fine due to other things that are always coming into play (assists, unique character mechanics/move properties, stances). Enough unique elements so it's not boring all the time, but a still simple core that makes it accessible which is nice to see.

Do you mean Mega Gengar's laser projectiles? No, those are not unblockable, if you're looking at the time when he did dash up laser vs Empoleon there, Thanksalot was running backwards when he landed and just got clipped (idk why he chose that when Mega Gengar was in his face but w/e).

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Real hurthling! posted:

Has any game ever launched with a custom trials editor/sharer?

Them's Fightin Herds did this, though I guess it's questionable if early access counts as a proper launch.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Reiley posted:

Why settle for twelve buttons when you can play a Real Game and slap so many more?

It's tournament legal, if you're brave enough to take up the challenge.

Isn't it only legal for CEO and Evo right now? Idk what other big smash majors are coming up, but I just read the rules for Big House 8 and they still explicitly ban the smashbox and I don't see any other big news about it changing from it's previous bannings

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

like i know, i know, we don't actually want modern Capcom making Darkstalkers anything

but it still kills me how every single time they do anything with the IP it's always the most boring characters in the game, visually and gameplay-wise

(apart from that one time they put Hsien-Ko in MvC3 but IIRC she was basically Dan-tier anyways)

I loved looking through the Marvel 3 EX notes about Hsien-Ko and rediscovering how terrible she was, cause they basically had to buff every single thing about her.

(maybe not as much as the Tron's snapback having absurdly long recovery thing, that one kills me)

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Chev I just want to mention that your detailed technical posts are always a joy to read in this thread.

To chime in quickly on hitboxes, the SG hitboxes/hurtboxes are hilarious to look at in comparison to other FGs (see: the image mango sentinel posted), but in practice the boxes aren't really that much different than other FGs. A couple of times where a character like Robo-fortune has lovely/small hitboxes and you need some slightly different punish-confirms but it's only in some minor cases.

General Morden posted:

aren't you the sg dude who views that game as like masterclass fg design

because i truly believe that fg is a chore to play once you actually get good at it

If you're generalizing about resets, then not really. Resets are a problem only from low level of play to maybe intermediate, or maybe to people who just barely start putting combos together, because they are usually simple tricks that can catch you off guard. But like Tuxedo Catfish said, 85% of resets come at very specific points and most of them have either some obvious tell, limited option, or some defensive trick to get out (such as double jumping out of air resets, pressing jab or throw out of delayed resets, or repeated special move inputs to get invincible specials/supers). You can defend against a bunch of resets you've never even seen before once you realize they are some trick along these lines.

There has been burnout from a few of the old top players, but for a bunch of them it was more related to how much SG has changed with each successive patch, and Mike z has the style of balancing where he'll likely not take out an OP/broken option but instead he'll nerf it to be 75% as effective. So the game would still have a lot of the dumb things certain players could do in the past, but now you have to play in a different way to stay on top, which can be hard to get used to especially when you don't want to keep practicing a 6+ year old game constantly. (I don't think this is why mcpeanuts stopped playing the game though, so I'll let him post about it if he wants to).

Aside from that, there's a lot of specific minor things to bring up that's kinda annoying at top level play, but nothing that's out of the ordinary of what most FGs are like at the top level where they always have some game-specific issues that everyone gripes about.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Are there side- or facing-specific problems in Skullgirls?

I think there are, like, 2 very minor examples of side/facing specific problems in SG that I can think of off the top of my head actually. There are also a couple more differences in Player 1 vs Player 2 things that almost make a difference, but still it's largely not a problem in the slightest.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I imagine it probably contributes to the extent of character-specific combos, which is an upside.

I wouldn't call character specific combos an upside, but SG is pretty good about not needing them for the most part. SG has 3 weight classes, which do kinda matter for normal combos, but those are straightforward. There are character specific combos when you start going into impractical or combo-video territory, yes, but most normal BNB things don't go into this area unless you play Robo-fortune (who needs specific combos and timings specifically against Double).

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i know Fortune has semi-practical stuff vs. Big Band and probably against the other heavy characters, stuff that you don't need to know to play but which isn't impossible to execute and which provides a small but significant advantage, which (I think) is exactly what character-specific stuff should be

it's not something i'm good at or that I will likely ever use but I like it when games have a lot of branching paths to being good at them

A lot of characters do have Big Band specific combos I guess, but as far as I know the damage on those usually ends up around the same as far as normal combos goes. Fortune did use to have some very strong H axe kick loops on big band that indeed were pretty strong and not too hard, but that got changed so you only get 1 H axe kick now and I think the damage is only a touch more than a normal bnb (I can't quote Head-on damage from memory though so don't @ me). So maybe fortune still has something like that but in general I don't think it's the case.

Ironically enough, I can actually tell you that a couple of characters like Peacock/Painwheel/Parasoul have ~optimal combos that actually do less on Big band due to the different routes you end up having to do to make the combo work on him. It's only something like ~100-200 less so not a big deal, but sorta funny when you'd think that his big size would mean harsher combos (though he still gets instant overheaded by the entire cast, so fair enough).

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Skullgirls (only real?) defensive option, aka the infinite protection system, is just another way to land resets on people as far as I remember.

Skullgirls has plenty of strong defensive options, it's usually only the top level players who actually make use of it and you often can't see it just watching top 8's cause the same players also specifically try to counter those very things. Trying any sorts of normal pressure or resets on good players nowadays often times gets you blown up.

Also, while ips/undizzy can be used for burst baits, it only ever tags people mashing buttons to burst out (or mashing specials/supers/throw instead of reacting). Even if someone continues to combo you to bait out a burst from you, the burst will automatically be safe after a short period of time, and you barely take any damage in burstable states, so it's not quite a real layer of mixup.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Maybe I'm weird but I usually have never cared that much about the hitstun/sound effects some of y'all keep bringing since most published fgs get that decently acceptable (sg included).

I mean I guess in hindsight the block sound in 3S was a bit weird cause it sounded like metal hitting metal, and some of the sound effects in +R are kinda weird to me, but that still doesn't affect much of how I Ike them.

I was worried a bit about fexl in this area near the start since it felt (in multiple ways) kinda janky, but then I liked it cause the jankiness is honestly part of that games appeal for me.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I can't speak meaningfully to MvC2 or KoF but the most mobile Skullgirls characters are on par with or possibly even faster than the most mobile VSav characters. Hsien-Ko's chain swing is probably about the same as Fortune's H. Fiber Upper cancel, Valentine has an extremely good airdash plus Savage Bypass which is nearly instant (and nearly fullscreen), Beowulf literally has Beast Cannon, etc.

Old post, but I always thought that vsav was a touch faster on most of the comparisons, but that's probably me just being more unfamiliar with vsav than knowing sg speeds. You're right in general though, everyone in SG either has extremely large hitboxes that cover large distances so they don't need good movement (Painwheel, Parasoul, Big band), or have some sort of fast/strong movement tool that covers horizontal space like the examples you mentioned.

I think the horizontal movement was talking strictly only for walk speeds/dashes? Because aside from Robo-fortune and valentine dashes, Dash speeds are decent but not crazy, and most walk speeds aren't old-game-fast. Or you get things like how painwheel is said to be like sentinel (which she kinda clearly is) but lacks the MVC2 flight speed, probably on purpose. Painwheel is still perfectly fine and fun to play, but it is a sort of disconnect since a lot of people still latch on to SG-mvc2 comparisons from vanilla-launch marketing even though the game is clearly not that.

Another thing to keep in mind is that each big update to SG increased the game speed. Vanilla was sloooooow and honestly pretty painful to watch nowadays, but the faster game speeds along with better players/other game changes make it better to watch imo. Filia's air hairballs are really good for horizontal movement and are decently fast, but were probably molasses and useless in Vanilla.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

dragon enthusiast posted:

This leads to a lot of conflicts like Tekken 7 being an EVO game when it only had been released in Japanese/Korean arcades

I thought this was something most of the US tekken players were cool with too, correct me if I'm wrong on this though since I'm not in that scene.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Speaking of combo fighters

remember Them's Fighting Herds

Just played it with a friend today and they liked it a bunch. The new character tutorials are pretty good from what a bunch of people are saying too. We didn't really have long combos or w/e but it was still fun. The devs keep adding a bunch of new stuff so it's cool to pop in every now and then to see all the new things.

The net code is really good even for ggpo. I played people from EU and Oce from America and the connections were much better then what I had from other ggpo games with them. I am on fiber so it's prob better than average American Ethernet but it's still nice.

Ventana fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Dec 28, 2018

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Chev posted:

I'm sure they could afford to dig up a couple digital-enabled gamecubes for a prominent event such as EVO if they really wanted to though.

You'd need more than a couple of gamecubes though considering the amount of entrants Melee usually gets, for any event really.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

In Training posted:

you don't even need all the extraneous stuff to make fun of melee players. Just look at the screen, look at what they watch and enjoy looking at. It's insane lol

Melee's pretty fun to watch (better than some of the other current FGs) so idk about this

Ignis posted:

Samsho getting in was surprising, but I suspect Wiz has some nostalgia for good ol' SNK franchises coming back from the dead. I can totally see him inviting SNK to show it onstage because of nostalgia.

I'm really torn on the Samsho pick. I really don't like it when evo keeps bringing in games that just barely came out (which is happening more and more frequently), but Samsho is such a niche pick that I'm glad they wanted to give a smaller game like that a chance.

Though as much as I'd like it, I don't think getting an Evo pick will help Samsho get a good local scene going. Idk if it's gonna just be SNK players, and while I live in an area where we sorta keep SNK fighters (I mean, mostly KOF) alive, I get the feeling most other scenes are probably bare for SNK games.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Smoking Crow posted:

MK11 is going to die off competitively way faster than anything else and it's a huge revision from IJ2 and MKX, but no one's complaining about that game being in

Is there some new NRS game in the making already? I thought NRS games only die competitively when the new one inevitably shows up.

Also I'd complain about that game too, but there's a lot of games I complain about getting into Evo that I just stop bothering

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

IIRC it was some rumor stuff going around but I don't think anything solid ever came out of it?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Wait, did DoA used to be really big as an esport or something?

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Xad posted:

Skullgirls also gave you the option of using a team of 1, 2, or 3 characters with adjusted health/damage, although I'm not sure how popular NOT playing a team of 3 was at a competitive level

Considering that the last biggest SG tournament was won by a duo player over Sonicfox, they're pretty significantly represented.

The year before that had 2 solos in their top 8.

For any good SG event, Trios are the most common but it's about a half split between trios and non-trios. Solo players are more rare but there's a bunch of top solo players too so they always get ok enough representation. It's kinda always been like this.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

I'm sad the MK11 thread is just people arguing about character redesigns instead of claiming netcode is a lie and chains aren't real like the old threads

I've seen the netcode post(s?) that you're talking about, but whats this about chains? Please tell me it was the same guy

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

In Training posted:

I actually get way more pissed playing the people I know than internet randos, bc I shouldn't be loving falling for the same bullshit 50 hours straight.

That sounds like a bad problem. If you care enough to get mad at little mistakes when playing with friends, you should probably lab more. If you don't want to lab more to fix it, you probably should stop caring about your mistakes and just chill out. Which is perfectly fine since you can chill out with FGs and still have a lot of fun just messing around even if you suck.

This is also the advice for not getting mad at ranked. If you really care about beating up players you think you should beat, then put more time into practice/labbing/reviewing your matches to get better. Online will always suck but you can still go through the basic process of getting better if the connections aren't complete trash. Or, just don't if it's not your thing.

If you're losing sleep because of playing FGs, especially online play, especially for only 1 hour of playing, then you really need a hard look at what it is you really want out of the game.

chumbler posted:

Permanent semi or in some cases fully on call is the salaried life.

Sure but it still sucks, and it's not like a bunch of us don't already have full-time lovely jobs already and still go to locals. Hell, this is the case for everyone at my local.

It'd be one thing if locals were an everyday thing that you have to attend all the time. But it's usually just a weekly thing, and if you're too busy or not feeling it then you can chill and (usually?) no one will give you poo poo for it.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I have put 0 thought into this, but I think that sounds fine? Doesn't it mean, if you do the harder input you get the better reward, making it an incentive to gradually shift to doing real motions?

Like, it'd be bad if it was straight up trying to even the playing field between single-button and motions, or make it easier for newer players to go against seasoned ones, but I don't think you can ever really do that effectively anyways without dumbing the gameplay down.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Crocoswine posted:

re: granblue, the idea of cooldowns in a fighting game sounds like it would just make things more complex in terms of knowing what you're allowed/able to do at any given moment. Seems counterintuative to what they're going for.

Overall I don't think it will help, but I feel like the ideas for cooldowns here don't seem that bad. EX's having longer cooldown is kinda weird but if the EXs are strong enough tools on their own then it sorta makes sense. And the Supers cooldown thing sounds fine.

Then again I play Jack-O in Xrd so what do I know lol

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
PalleteSwappedNinja posted earlier in the thread that the retail double-pack for GG and GG+R was coming to PS4 but that was probably mistaken from the initial press release which some people confused for saying they were both coming to Switch/PS4, but this apparently wasn't the case.

https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/1086302652282126336

So yeah no, still no PS4 +R :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I think the samsho numbers are great. Feels like maybe more than what I remember for KOFs in the past maybe? Not entirely same audience probably, but still is cool for an SNK fighter to get good support.