Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think we get the kinds of coupons in Canada that you do in the US. I've never seen any combination of coupons here that could make it cheaper to buy 120 of something than just a few.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Christo posted:

The savings comes from taking advantage of a low sale price and stocking up. If some combination of coupons gets you a pack of toilet paper for 50 cents, you buy enough to last for years and store it. Now whenever you need a new pack, you grab one of the packs you got for 50 cents instead of paying a few bucks at the store.

e: oh, I misundertood you post I think. A lot of the extreme coupon people get such low prices by looking for combinations and loopholes that the store overlooked.

Yeah, obviously buying in bulk saves money over time, but I always hear about things where like if you buy some absurd number it dramatically lowers the overall price to where it's actually literally cheaper, and not just cheaper by the unit, to buy dozens instead of a couple.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's coo-pon. Where do you think the name Groupon comes from?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sweeperbravo posted:

I'm so impressively, jaw-droppingly smart yet I can't pluralize the word "woman"

Also I love the 9 hour gap between the thing posted and the green guy responding. And then the next gap where no one else even touches the thing. It tells you exactly what kind of person the OP is, one of those people you have on your friends list and want to delete but you used to all hang out together in high school so there's some straw of social netiquette that makes you hesitate every time you hover over the "unfriend" button.

Mine is a guy who keeps liking Trump posts and Breitbart articles about how Trump zinged those idiot Democrats.

He's Canadian. Trump wants to keep him out of the country.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Boywhiz88 posted:

Depending on the era, it's a form of control due to the people not knowing better. I believe the people of North Korea legit believe all the poo poo they say Kim Jong-Il and Kim Jong-Un have done because there's literally nothing refuting them.

They specifically do not believe in Kim Jong Il's poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

At the end of the night his memorial beer gets emptied in the sink too.

Really though, the only STDH part of that is the note. People actually do that, but they want everyone to know it when they do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Farooq is here to induct you into the guild.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

History lessons from high school dropout Slash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My favorite are the ones who comment on stories debunking the La-a thing saying "No really, I met her!" What the hell do you have to gain there? What's the point?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's just a bit different since, as we know, Jewish boys have their penises cut off on their 13th birthday.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He said the magic word Australia, so that's entirely plausible.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

The thing is, with a movie like Ghostbusters (or two), it really shouldn't matter what critics say. It's not loving Smultronstället.

e: Well of course it doesn't matter to me what critics have to say about any movie but :shrug:

Please use the proper title, Marvel's Avengers: Smultronstället

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a Legion branch (Canadian veteran's organization. Basically just a vet's bar) on my way home from work that has a howitzer on display out front that's a Pokestop. For the last 2 days there's been a group of 4-5 kids sitting in the shade under it playing.

The town has like 7000 people so that's a pretty big group for here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think it's meant to be that they sent her the sister's Christmas list, not the actual items.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I can't even say off hand which Disney movie that song's from.

At least use a popular one for your lie. Nobody's buying that 250 people know that song.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tracula posted:

Holy gently caress movie tickets are expensive. Thank God the Marcus theater here has five dollar movies all day Tuesday.

That's a special premiere for a comedy festival.

They're usually $10-12 Canadian..

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plausible with the lawn care guys offering to do it for free.

Come on man, get out while you're ahead.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The General posted:

The only way you wait less than an hour in Canada is if you're bleeding allover the place.

Yours must have been out of buckets.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Leninboarrir posted:

Oh I totally agree. I just really laughed at the image of a biker knocking someone out, throwing his bike through said person's car....and nobody does anything?

Then he kicked the unconscious guy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Butchart Gardens is one of those silly places that takes itself super seriously. Their etiquette rules asks you to keep quiet in all areas of the gardens.

But it also says no costumes, so that wasn't arbitrary at least.

Their ticket page also says "Please note: costumes, period style or historical dress not permitted." but that looks to be a response to this story since it's not there in older snapshots. It always said no costumes though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sheetrock is just a brand name for drywall, which you Lord of the Rings folk apparently call plasterboard.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Like half the examples in this thread are "this troper's X experience" so it's not surprising the guy thought it was referring to something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There also aren't any FOXO genes on the Y chromosome.