Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Yeah its not completely unheard of for siblings to be 15+ years apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Chocolate Teapot posted:

Winter Soldier was a right mess, but at least it had the good grace to actually star the country in the film's title. Meanwhile, this film flashes up location names constantly because they somehow make 5 different places look almost alike.

It's called Captain America, not The Captain in America.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

It's amazing to me in just 1 movie the Russos did a better Spider man than Sony did in 5.

They especially nailed his fighting style; lots of web swinging, flips, momentum and of course, talking.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The worst thing about this movie is that Chris Evans wasn't shirtless for that helicopter scene.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Codependent Poster posted:

Steve has tons of ways to get intel, especially if Black Panther is now backing him. Sharon is on his side, and Natasha likely is as well.

Widow is definitely on his side, especially if it helps free Clint. And She likely already knows about it, otherwise her whole shtick is stealing information.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

How do you guys think the Marvel Cinematic Universe going to end?

With Marvel making more money than Walmart, Google and Apple combined.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Avalerion posted:

While it's true Bucky was under mind control for all those murders, rather than give himself in peacefully and explain the situation he goes on the run and fights his way through a bunch of cops wrecking more stuff in the process.

Except they weren't there to arrest him, Cap says they're on their way to kill him.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

sticklefifer posted:

Vision has become a problem character for me with this film. That iconic airport scene where it's 6 on 6 and they're all running at each other? Vision flies straight into battle, then disappears and literally isn't in a single shot of the fight until he shows back up to float through Ant Man at the tail end. That's the problem with him being powered by an Infinity Stone and having limitless power: He's basically a god now. If he doesn't typically engage people in fights because he doesn't want to hurt anyone, fine, but even if that's the case he either shouldn't be there at all or he should be the automatically I Win button. I don't really see an in-between with a character like that. They made a point that Wanda could disable him, but then that didn't come into play at all in the airport fight at all and instead they cut him from it. It took me out of the scene a bit, which is unfortunate because it's otherwise a great action sequence.

At one point he slams into ant-man causing him to fall on an airliner. But yeah, he spends most of the fight apparently just hovering off-screen until he flies through Ant-Man to laser a control tower.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Atoramos posted:

-Ant Man spent his entire movie working towards getting visitation rights to his daughter. Hawkeye finally retired. Why the gently caress would they both join up with Captain to be criminals just because Cap says he's the 'right one'? Why did this movie even need those two additional characters?

It's implied that Ant-Man is there partly because of Hank Pym's hate for anything Tony Stark. Plus Scott probably thinks its the coolest thing ever to be an Avenger and to fight alongside Cap.

Hawkeye implies that a regular life doesn't interest him; '18 holes, 18 shots'. He craves things that can actually challenge his abilities.

And also the real reason they're in the movie: 'cuz money.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

MacheteZombie posted:

That's the first time we see his density powers in use right?

He was being dense about letting SW leave, so she made him literally dense.

There was one scene in Age of ultron where he phases his fist through an ultronbot as they're trying to escape, but it's pretty subtle and just kinda looks like he punches through it.

This movie is the first time he full on uses it to walk through stuff or increase his density.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hydra watching hydra

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

RBA Starblade posted:

I can't say I had any problem following along with anything in the movie.

Same. Compared to the fight scenes in Nolan's Batman movies (their only weak point really), the Russos films have much easier to follow/better looking fights.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

RatHat posted:

I thought it was really funny when Crossbones took off his gas mask to reveal another mask.

I swear nobody else noticed this but us! I thought it was hilarious

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Does anybody know why the Russos direct the Captain America movies? Did their work in You, Me, and Dupree impress somebody?

Somebody really liked the paintball episode in Community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Also Ultron was totally, entirely their fault

• Locked thread