Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

iroguebot posted:

So what time did the Halloween event go live? Hopefully the Christmas one will be around the same time frame.

Hoping the Sym changes are in this, too, but that's just me... And everyone who plays Sym.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/overwatch-christmas-skins-update-when-holiday-event-start-time-573422

Edit:

Please stop giving the little man skins, Blizzard, I already have like 7 of them...

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I like the class-specific brawls, Total Mayhem, and the Soldier/McCree ones. Plus Mystery heroes. All the ones with pairs of heroes are totally lame

I dunno, I kind of enjoy Super Shimada Bros. I'm poo poo with Hanzo, but the enemy is no match for my swarm of Genjis converging around my sonic arrows.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Santheb posted:

Maybe its just me but it feels like they should rename Mystery Heroes to Random Widowmakers because holy poo poo she shows up all the time

I would love a variation on this mode that would guarantee at least one tank and at least one support.

Eg, If you get shot in the head as zenyatta, and you were the only support on your team, the next teammate who spawns (whether it's you or not) will be a support.

The chance still exists you'll have 2+ tanks/supports, but it would enforce a minimum.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

The way I learned each map was to pick a mobile healer (Lucio/Mercy) and to follow the other players on my team. Being mobile lets you quickly get behind your firing line if you're too far forward and makes you a harder target to hit, and being with your team shows you the choke points and flanking routes you'll need to watch.

I suppose you could explore the maps in AI games or an empty custom match, but that's boring.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

Give him a literal meatshield. :btroll:

Broken hooks return armor packs to Roadhog.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Dear Blizzard,

Please reduce the cooldown of Doomfist's Combo-Breaker voice line so I can spam C-C-C-Combo Breaker instead of Combo-combo-combo-combo Breaker. TIA.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

It would be super nice if people who leave the Lucio ball games early because they're losing get a lootbox with nothing in it.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

dogstile posted:

"look at the size of that thing!"

"I'm givin it all I've got!"

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

"I'm going to come get your armor!"

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Here's my plan to rework Scatter Arrow:
2. Give Genji a bunch of lines where he reflects on how his brother heroically sacrificed himself to save him, this finally earning his redemption.

The play whenever he uses reflect.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Maybe Snowball knows how to fly it? Maybe there's a port it could use to directly interface with it? Maybe showing that the helicopter is hosed would shut the people asking "why don't they have a helicopter?" up?

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Overwatch heroes are carefully designed to appeal to different kinds of gamers, in both personality and gameplay. Hanzo's target audience is 'assholes'.

What's Mei's target demo?

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

I tried to get a friend to play during the free weekend, but made the mistake of repeatedly rezzing him in place where he died, pretty much keeping him in a respawn state. I assume he found that frustrating.

Perhaps if the hero had some ability to move while invulnerable, but not fire for a few seconds, after immediately coming back to life could balance the rez. Give them time to relocate without immediately hopping back into a fight.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think if you die and get to come back to life there's very little room to complain that the location you were ressed in wasn't perfect. Firstly because you got to come back to life, and secondly because you're the one who chose to stand there.

For my example, it's more to do with "I don't get a say in when I respawn, since Mercy gets to decide that for me (also, I may have resigned to switch characters, but w/e). At the very least, let me have an opportunity to reposition, which I would have had, had I spawned back at base."

More useful during QP, probably less useful on a well organized team, I'll admit.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

It would be really nice if there was a visual indicator for when Winston's (and sure, Orisa's) shield(s) expire due to time. There's little pulses for visual effect on Winston's shield, just make it like, 3 pulse lines and it expires, or it loses its blue/red hue and turns whitish the closer it is to time-out.

RE: post launch characters; I tend to stick to QM or random heroes, but Sombra to me is just super fun stealthing behind enemy lines, hacking health packs, placing escape teleport-homers next to the hacked packs, and harassing supports until I have ult. I'm probably playing her wrong, but I love denying health packs to the enemy team and blinking away once they think they have me. I'm totally lost with what to do for Ana/Doomfist/Orisa, though.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Make the 4 categories a gameplay element: If your team has at least 1 character from each category, each player on the team receives a +10 rechargeable shields cohesion bonus. Nothing crazy, just a little something to encourage a well rounded team and to make the categories actually matter, gameplay-wise.

Also, move Symmetra to Defense -OR- make her turrets slowly heal nearby allies when no enemy is in range to warrant her Support status.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Thanks Blizz.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

drrockso20 posted:

I'm really not seeing how that could be the case at all

"Let me shield you, comrades!"
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOUR FEEDING THEM ULT CHARGE!"
"Oops, guess I can't play Winston/Rein/Gitte/Sigma/Orisa/Zarya"
"WHY CAN'T I GET ANY COVER? WHERE ARE THE SHIELDS?!"

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

xtal posted:

Yeah. To watch at the circus.

Beats anything else to do at the circus, so... :shrug:

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Looks like they're going down to 5v5.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

xtal posted:

Countering Lucio and Ball is half the fun of playing Sombra, it's like an auto win to see those. I've also found that if you use EMP on sound barrier or photon barrier that it's a guaranteed POG, not sure how they calculate that.

I believe photon barrier has a large amount of HP, and sound barrier provides rapidly decaying shields, so I guess based on treating shield loss as HP loss, and the subsequential mopping up of the hacked team doesn't hurt your chances either.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

I too was looking forward to PvE. I have a friend who used to play TF2 with me all the time, but OW's 6v6 is a smaller scale fight than the 12v12 or 16v16 TF2 servers, where he likes to be a small cog in a big machine, so he stayed away from OW.

Having a whole campaign with tech-trees and a story where we can bot-stomp would allow me to share some of what I love about OW with him, without it being a miserable experience.

As it stands, the most joy I currently get out of OW is seeing if I can turn a toxic game around using my Meatwad impression over coms. (I used my free name change to change to "CoachMeatwad"). I'm happy to report, it works about 2/3rds of the time if a game is going south.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

mutata posted:

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Echo player spotted.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

There is! It's why I quit; there was no way to turn off PC text chat on console, and it became a one-way street of toxic typing appearing on my tv. Well, that, and I played mostly support and everything got screwed with there.

I was under the impression that console players could disable connecting with PC players via Settings, but PC players can't disable playing with console players.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Moon LLC posted:

I miss og overwatch. Lucario healing and bouncing around?! Wall running off that middle hole on Ilios? Huge

I'm a Mewtwo main, myself...

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Sockser posted:

• Stand on the bloody point, ya git!

• Ve must poosh leetle cart!

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Guigui posted:

• Need a teleportah here!

ftfy

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

insane that this isn't a Zarya voice line yet

OW2, coming soon...

make it happen, Blizzard
edit: wait, there's no cart, now, right?

"Ve must poosh leetle bot!"

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

celewign posted:

Why don't you open them when you get them??? I don't understand.

What's the point in your wasting time doing so when you already have every available item? More coins to buy the things you already have???

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

adhuin posted:

:yeah:
Most of the skins from the loot boxes are pretty garbage.
I mostly use either OWL-skins or Basic-skin recolors.

I've used the same silver Daft Punk skin for Lucio since year one (and in HotS), as they've yet to make a better one than Boopy Frogman in six years.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's one of the most powerful abilities in the game and there's one less target and one less tank now

You can also ping the location of the slept target, and she has a custom callout for it. Junk can do the same through walls with his trap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'd put money on the answer being "no" but also that there'll be more info on it when PvP launches

PvP launches Oct. 4. PvE is scheduled for next year.