Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
They seem to working now, they were just standing around waiting for enough stuff to be deposited to finish their settlement.

I need to get caravans up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

They seem to working now, they were just standing around waiting for enough stuff to be deposited to finish their settlement.

I need to get caravans up.

u should use the logistics station plan if your not

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/28945

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah that is big help, thanks!

Man this game is so much less hollow with Sim Settlements and Unique NPC.

I am even listening to those weird fanfiction community theatre radio plays with some of the mod radio stations.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yeah that is big help, thanks!

Man this game is so much less hollow with Sim Settlements and Unique NPC.

I am even listening to those weird fanfiction community theatre radio plays with some of the mod radio stations.

Lol that owns. Support your local theater :)

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

For some reason Nuka World totally breaks for me when it's time to take over settlements in the Commonwealth and Shank stops letting me run missions saying I should secure what I have first after I do the first few. I have no idea what mod is causing this bug and it's so deep into the game I probably will never figure it out.

Anyone know a way to force past this with console commands?

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Ygolonac posted:

Giving some serious thought to restarting FO4, between watching MxR's mod videos, and the ones showing some loving awesome results you can get by glitching things into walls using carpets and such.

Just get Place Everywhere so you don't have to jump through hoops to put something where you want it.

Seriously, anyone who builds their own settlements in this game without it is insane.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Hobo on Fire posted:

Just get Place Everywhere so you don't have to jump through hoops to put something where you want it.

Seriously, anyone who builds their own settlements in this game without it is insane.

As someone who builds their own settlements without it, yeah I'm loving crackers.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Reposting my lore friendly remake list for peeps as we don't know what the gently caress is going to happen so archive/back up now if you want!

SeanBeansShako posted:

When I first started tooling around with Fallout 4 and once I got used to how the game did things compared to the past modern titles, I found myself slightly saddened that for some reason certain weapons were dropped or merged as mods with the base games ones for time or asset reasons I suspect. I was also quite annoyed really as well at the lack of a few classical weapons or rehashes from the games lore. Thankfully modding has solved these issues.

Anywho, here is a list of weapons from previous Fallout games with a few lore friendly extras thrown in for anyone dipping their toes into modding and just wants to add a few extra weapons for oomph. Some of these aren't exaclty well balanced so YMMV or try and do some GECK work I guess. So if you missed a certain favourite weapon from Fallout 1/2/3/New Vegas that you wish to use in Fallout 4 here they are.

Ensure you have AWKCR installed before you start downloading these.

Fallout 1:

Classic Fallout 1 & 2 10MM Pistol
Rangemaster Hunting Rifle
10MM SMG (Nuka World DLC required)
DKS-501 Sniper Rifle
Watzz Laser Rifle
Watzz 2000 Laser Carbine
.223 Revolver (That Gun)
Mauser Pistol
AK-112 Assault Rifle requires the Nuka World DLC.
Classic West Coast Cattle Rod
M2A1-9 Flamethrower
Classic Explosives and Rocks

Fallout 2:

Grease Gun SMG
HK G11 K2
The Bozar
Bullpup Bozar
The Light Support Weapon
The Avenger Minigun
Desert Eagle
12.7mm Pistol (SigSauer P127)
Glock 86 Plasma Pistol
Winchester P94 Plasma Caster
YK42B - Pulse Rifle
12.7mm SMG
Classic M72 Gauss Rifle

Fallout Tactics:

The 9mm Browning Pistol
MP-40
Sig Sauer P320

Fallout 3:

Classic Super Sledge Hammer
Fallout 3 style 10MM Pistol OR Fallout 4 version of FNV 10MM Pistol
Fallout 3 Flamethrower
Chinese Assault Rifle
Fallout 3 Dart Gun.
Henry Repeating Rifle (Requires Far Harbour DLC)
R91 Assault Rifle (optional mod to replace base F4 assault rifle with this one here)
Cleaver
Rockwell CZ53 Personal Minigun
Radical Ripper
Revenge of the Alien Blaster - Nuka World

Fallout New Vegas:

NCR Service Rifle/Assault Carbine
Caravan Shotgun
Hunting Shotgun
Riot Shotgun
Hunting Revolver/Ranger Sequoia
The Bumper Sword
Chainsaw
Remotely Detonated C4
.45 Auto Pistol and A Light Shining In The Darkness Unique
China Lake Grenade Launcher & Holo Rifle
Varmint Rifle
M1 Garrand
Ruger Mk V
Laser RCW! (The laser firing tommy gun)
AEAR-1 Prototype
45-70 Hunting Revolver (Standalone) (Far Harbour Needed)
Nuka Breaker
Katana
Fire Axe
Pew Pew Laser Pistol
Golden Glove (just one sadly)
Left Boxing Glove
Fist of Rawer Deathclaw Gauntlet
Gehenna Shishkebab
Chance's Knife
Medicine Stick (Far Harbor required)
The Humble Cudgel
The Mysterious Magnum
Paciencia Hunting Rifle
Orbital Strike Cannon - ARCHIMEDES II style weapon
New Vegas Uniques 19 - Love and Hate Brass Knuckles
New Vegas Uniques 20 - Weathered 10mm Pistol
Falllout 3/New Vegas Heavy Incinerator

Lore Friendly Uniques:

Real Throwing Weapons
Handmade Assault Rifle Pipegun Replacer mod requires Nuka World, replaces ugly pipe weapons in early game with these assault rifles instead.

NON LETHAL SUPER OPTION MODS HERE

Knockout Framework makes it so blunt weaponry knocks out NPC and gives you an extensive system of interactions with them, Non Lethal Armory from the same modder gives you more choice with death free weaponry.

Home made Militia Rifle
Tomahawk
Punk Crowbar
Mad Can Fury Bean Can Club
Handmade Revolver
Bulldog Revolver
Air Pistol
Crude Blowback
The Pipe Shotgun
The Bison Shotgun
Springfield M1903 bolt action rifle
Makeshift AT Rifle
Plasma Cycler
Vaut-TEC MPl SMG
Fusion Gun
Institute Sword
Prototype Gauss Rifle
Institute Turbo Plasma Rifle
Photonic Plasma Cannon
The AEAR-1 - An Automatic Laser Assault Rifle
Plasma Swords
Watzz Electrics Gauss Rifle prototype!
AARP (Alternative Assault Rifle Properties)Expands and turns the base games Assault Rifle into a heavy support gun with other variants using unique parts.
Stevens M-520 Shotgun
Covadonga's Remington 870 Shotgun
The French MAS-38 SMG
Mk 41 Gyrojet Heavy Machine Gun

SeanBeansShako posted:

This is a sort of legacy mod add on list for outfits, armor and power armor for those first time modders who just want to add a bit more lore friendly content to the game before going nuts. This stuff will basically be either from the previous lore friendly entries of the franchise, or use assets/stuff inspired by official art book/promotional materiel and not stick out too much.

Both the CBBE and AWKCR mods are mandatory and strongly suggested of course.

Fallout 1/2/Tactics:

Classic Enclave Advanced Power Armor
Enclave Remnant Officer's Uniform
Classic M1 US Army style combat armor helmet replacement
Classic Cloth style Vault Jumpsuit
Utility Vault Suits
Classic Brotherhood Scribe Robes
Followers Of The Apocalypse Lab coat
Mid Western Chapter of the BOS Power Armor
Tribal Power Helmet and Outfit
Vault Suit Utility Belt

Fallout 3:

F3/NV Style Vault Outfits Pack
Tunnel Snake Greaser Jacket Vault Suit Combo
Chinese Stealth Suit
Fallout 3 Chinese Commando Uniform
Colonel Autumn's Coat
Classic F3/NV Metal Armor
Classic Combat Armor from Fallout 3/FNW
Ashur's Tribal Style Power Armor
Pitt Visitors Power Armor set
Merc Charmer outfit
Merc Troublemaker outfit
Merc Cruiser outfit
Capital Wasteland Remake Fallout 3 Merc Outfit Sets! also includes the duster and sheriff hat.
Capital Wasteland Civilian Outfit Pack
Raider Iconoclast armor
Enclave X02 Power Armor
Enclave Colonel Uniform
Enclave Officers Uniform
Prototype Medic Power Armor
Classic F3/FNV Underwear Replacer
Capital Wasteland Fallout 3 Ghoul Mask HD
AntAgonizer Armor

Fallout New Vegas:

Courier Duster FNV
NCR Veteran Ranger Armor
Salvaged NCR Power Armor
Riot Armour New Vegas Riot Police armor without the duster and NCR clobber.
Benny's Daisy Suit
Legate Armor
Vera Keys formal cocktail dress from Dead Money
US Air Force style power armor
High Quality NCR Infantry uniforms by Mr Mobius
High Quality NCR Patrolman and Trooper Armor sets from the Cascadia TC mod which is WIP.
NCR Recon Fatigues & Beret
NCR Ranger hat and the Authority aviator style shades
Legionary's Gear from Caesars Legion
Powder Ganger outfits
The Kings Greaser Jacket & Jeans combo
Bad rear end Dweller Vault Coat
Dead Money Hazmat Suit
Desert Ranger Combat Armor
Stealth Suit - New Vegas and Stealth Suit - New Vegas - Voice Add-On

Lore Friendly Originals:

Wanderer's Trench Coat
A More Defined & Detailed Vault Suit
West Tek Tactical Goggles
Concept Art Synthetic Armor/Gear
Two Irma Concept Outfits From The Art Book
A Redcoat/Continental Army soldier uniform
Wasteland Engineer outfit based on the art for one of the Workshop DLC.
Reskin of the vanilla game flight helmet to something that isn't a hidious shade of vomit yellow.
1930's Retro Fashion For Men.
1950's Feminine Outfits (for woman obv)
1950's style US Army Officer Uniforms
Commonwealth Surplus basically adds a bunch of military and civil service style uniforms (cops and other minor branches) to the Commonwealth. This mod is also a sneaky Gunner visual variety mod as it adds most of the new stuff to their gear.
Custom T-49 Armor of the Shoddycast Fallout lore mascot, The Storyteller
2nd World War 2-Tone style Military Fatigues For Pre-War Army uniforms
Eli's Armor Compendium is another mix and match default assets to create original lore friendly clothing and accessories style mod, actually some really nice stuff there for people who just want a bit more visual variety outside factions.
Beyond Boulder Dome - Elite Armor
Futuristic BioSuit Custom Armor and Helmet
Lady And Gentlemans Colonial Attire
West Tek Tactical Gloves
Vim Bomber Jacket
RepConn Hazardous Environmental Suit

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Is there a series of mods that have a big gameplay / class / perk overhaul that has near universal acclaim?

Ex/ Skyrim has "EnaiSiaion"

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/users/3959191?tab=user+files

I'd love to find similar mods for FO4

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sadly no, they only just found a way to return the character creation and perk system as close as they can to the older games.

Maybe in a few more years post all these fan mod remakes?

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Reposting my lore friendly remake list for peeps as we don't know what the gently caress is going to happen so archive/back up now if you want!

this is a drat solid weapons list

I like to play with New Calibers, and most of these guns don't have compatibility patches for NC, so I think I might gently caress around and make some, then post them somewhere, just in case other people also like to use that mod.

one of the reasons I'm not a huge fan of Weaponsmith Extended (and do not like Modern Firearms at all) is how too many of the guns are modern military poo poo in absolutely pristine condition - not only are there very few guns that look like they were built after the collapse, there's precious few guns that would have ever shown up in civilian hands, despite privately-held guns being incredibly common in the US. it's a bit of a pipe dream but what I'd like to do is create a Weaponsmith Extended style mod that includes a lot of beat-up salvaged military surplus, civilian weapons, antique weapons, and craft-built post-apocalyptic weapons, with maybe a few very rare pristine modern weapons as highly valuable finds.

Mister Bates fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 1, 2020

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So is Super Mutants Redux, well broken now for anyone else or just me?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Aw poo poo, it's here: Classic Holstered Weapon System, an engine-level system for displaying your equipped weapon.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
It Just Works

Only registered members can see post attachments!

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Nice jacket.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Thanks.

It's part of vtaw's wardrobe collection; warning: horny ahead.

I like them because it lets me piece together outfits instead of an all-in-one. There's a couple, the one I linked above is 1, but there's also 2, 4, 5, and utility, which give a pretty good spread of options. I'm currently wearing a mix of gear from a few of the packs.

no I don't know why there isn't a 3

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
You seem to have made Moira Burton from Resident Evil Revelations 2.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
There are actually shorts and tights in one of the collections that would get me even closer to that look.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A second sharper looking 10MM SMG from the previous games is out now.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Double edit: So, running mod organizer and script extender. How the balls do I make it stop throwing the game into a tiny window in the corner of my screen? Launcher and messing with the prefs do nothing. Am I setting up the run option incorrectly? Is there some hidden .ini i'm supposed to hunt down?

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jul 12, 2020

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Drakenel posted:

Double edit: So, running mod organizer and script extender. How the balls do I make it stop throwing the game into a tiny window in the corner of my screen? Launcher and messing with the prefs do nothing. Am I setting up the run option incorrectly? Is there some hidden .ini i'm supposed to hunt down?

I could never get borderless windowed running properly so I end up using Borderless Gaming to re-justify my FO4 game window.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Namnesor posted:

I could never get borderless windowed running properly so I end up using Borderless Gaming to re-justify my FO4 game window.

Thanks, though even trying to go full screen still vomits the thing up that way. I'll try that thing to see if it helps any.

Edit: Woaah no. It just blows up the screen so it's fullscreened but I can only see the top tiny corner of the game.

So... I guess it thinks its fullscreening but it's not? I'm not entirely sure. Obviously can't resize the thing.

Double edit: Well. This sucks. so much googling and no success. Most everyone bleats about messing with .ini settings and it's not helping. ((Even going into both locations of the file and ensuring they match)) To be clear, this only occurs when going through mod organizer and trying to launch the script extender. Script extender by itself? Works. Fallout 4 by itself? Works. But so far as I can tell, neither option will allow me to use mods.

Drakenel fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 13, 2020

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Drakenel posted:

Thanks, though even trying to go full screen still vomits the thing up that way. I'll try that thing to see if it helps any.

Edit: Woaah no. It just blows up the screen so it's fullscreened but I can only see the top tiny corner of the game.

So... I guess it thinks its fullscreening but it's not? I'm not entirely sure. Obviously can't resize the thing.

Double edit: Well. This sucks. so much googling and no success. Most everyone bleats about messing with .ini settings and it's not helping. ((Even going into both locations of the file and ensuring they match)) To be clear, this only occurs when going through mod organizer and trying to launch the script extender. Script extender by itself? Works. Fallout 4 by itself? Works. But so far as I can tell, neither option will allow me to use mods.

You are using the ini configuration in the dtopdown menu of Mod Organizer, right?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Mooktastical posted:

You are using the ini configuration in the dtopdown menu of Mod Organizer, right?

the loving what. Am I seriously running in circles because I've failed an ini hunt?

edit: I am going to shoot myself oh my god

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
whats a good set of mods to improve fallout 4s gameplay? I'm a little bored with vanilla. Are there any good quest mods as well?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Is your resolution matched to your screen’s native resolution and do you have any UI scaling happening at the system level? I had a lot of similar issues until I turned off UI scaling and set my resolution to the screen’s native res

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Mycroft Holmes posted:

whats a good set of mods to improve fallout 4s gameplay? I'm a little bored with vanilla. Are there any good quest mods as well?

Sim Settlements makes pre-built houses and even cities if you get Rise of the Commonwealth. Industrial Revolution adds some small-scale questing, Conqueror adds bigger stuff.

Shipments of the Commonwealth and Salvage Beacons help with the whole scavving business - craft your own weightless shipment notes back at base, and in the field turn any container into a drop point that'll get carted back to base eventually by NPCs.

Arbitration improves combat AI. Everyone's Best Friend always brings Dogmeat along. Power Armor Airdrop and Power Armor Storage System let you keep the big metal shell with a minigun and a missile launcher back at base until you need it.

Tales From The Commonwealth is a very large quest mod that adds new little locations all over the place,, with a couple new companions.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

So apparently Grab & Eat is broken now, I had to remove it because it kept hard locking the game constantly now and then with containers being opened.

I hate it when mods for this game just get abandoned and break. Such a pain sometimes.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.
Note sure if the OP still reads this thread but the links for Lots More Male Hairstyles and Lots more Female Hairstyles are swapped.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
Soooo, I uninstalled NAC part way through a playthrough.
So far, it doesn't seem to have caused any particular problems, except:
When I load a game from the main menu, it spends about ten seconds just sitting on the menu with a loading spinner before transitioning to the actual loading screen.
Does anyone have any ideas what specifically could be causing this? I can't google it because I just get generic complaints about loading times being too long. :(

Edit: Ah, interesting! What's actually happening is that the Audio settings menu isn't loading at first for some reason. And the game is stuck on the main menu until that happens. Other people have apparently seen this issue, but I can't find any solutions. Any ideas?

The_White_Crane fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 6, 2020

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Summer mod highlights from the Nexus for those still playing the game!

WEAPONS!

Luger from the Fallout London mod team.
AF2011A1
Cowboy Repeater AKA Winchester Model 1892
AnotherOne Laser RCW
AKM Complex
FN SCAR aka Mk16
RS2 M60 - FO4
Black Powder (Flintlock) Pistol
M2 Flamethrower Redux
AnotherOne M1 Carbine
9x39 Project Addon - SR3M
Explosives Expanded
Cranky A Improvised Revolver Shotgun pipe weapon

Weapons Project another mod dedicated on ensuring all new currently popular weapons are in level lists.
Keefe's Melee Rebalance

Melee Override attack with a melee weapon in a button press!

Uh clothing/armor (barely any this time :smith:)

Handmade Post-apocalypse Hazmat Suit
Clean Surgical Mask
Modular Sling Backpack
T-60 Equipment power armor accessories.
Oakley M-Frame Sunglasses - Tactical Eyewear

Classic Holstered Weapon System it is back! and it is very simple! and everyone can have it. Weapons are worn on your person again!

Pipboy mods!

Capital Wasteland released their model of the older model of the thing:

Pip-Boy 3000A
Pimp-Boy 3 Billion

A Small Pip-Watch - Simple Small Working Pip-Boy Replacer

Some vaguely themed NPC/companion stuff!

BoS Overhaul more toned down older game looking Brotherhood outfits and uniforms.
Rivet City Renegade - Wasteland Gear for Danse looking good, Danse.

Complimentary Gameplay Enhancements Makes many smaller immersive tweaks for a more fun gameplay.
Things that should have been in the game from the start

Fallout Instrument Pack get your jam on.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What are the best mods that changeup the faction interplay/endings that aren't by the Project Valkyrie crew

Also, good player homes for hoarders? (not settlements)

Nissin Cup Nudist fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Aug 17, 2020

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The crashing on 20XX cards has been addressed but I wanted to mention that if nothing you do fixes your crashing issues, you can change bNVFlexEnable=1 to bNVFlexEnable=0 in FalloutPrefs.ini

I don't know exactly what that does other than stopping my crashes Yeah, it just turns off the weapon debris thing that doesn't work on RTX cards in this game. I must've been turning off weapon debris but having it click right back on due to read-only status or something before I did this manually. now it's safe to download 200gb of mods

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Aug 19, 2020

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Just a heads up if anyone uses Old World Radio, their Youtube just posted a straight up Trump ad, so...ehhh

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Hmmm... do you think the Rat Pack would have been Trump supporters? I'm thinking probably not but I'm just guessing

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Just a heads up if anyone uses Old World Radio, their Youtube just posted a straight up Trump ad, so...ehhh

Well gently caress, lets hope that was just one rear end in a top hat and not the whole group because that is like 90% of my non vanilla in game music.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

SeanBeansShako posted:

Well gently caress, lets hope that was just one rear end in a top hat and not the whole group because that is like 90% of my non vanilla in game music.

Sorry, their Twitter looks pretty bad.

Welp, unsubscribing from *that* shitshow.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Remora posted:

Sorry, their Twitter looks pretty bad.

Welp, unsubscribing from *that* shitshow.

While this sucks my Fallout 4 is getting bloated size wise and I am thinking of taking a long break after Nuka World.

Everything is terrible.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was about to ask if that was caused by Trump bombarding youtube with ads to district from the dnc but nah, the dude is just a poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

What's the best mod to make the Home Plate like the other settlements?