Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I haven't played FO4 since a little while after launch and so have used zero mods. Has anyone created a mod yet to get rid of all the randomly generated legendary items? I don't mind the named ones in stores/quests but the diablo style random ones with modifiers makes me sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

gasman posted:

How many of the people behind New Vegas are even still with Obsidian?

I think pretty much anyone would agree that the most influential designer of FO:NV was ropekid and he still works there. Which important person do you think left? Chris Avellone for the DLC stuff? There's no reason he wouldn't end up working on a new Obsidian game if it was a good fit.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Are people using build limit increaser mods? Is it still better to just drop weapons on the ground and send them to workshop to reset your build limit?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Yay!

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Roobanguy posted:

i kinda wish legendaries didnt exist tbh. much rather just have unique guns.

Agreed. I would love a mod that got rid of all random and scripted legendary enemy spawns and gear. The modification stuff on weapons and armor is already enough, if anything I'd rather just have more re-skins of existing weapons with same ammo and slightly changed stats.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Saint Sputnik posted:

I gave the beta of Mod Organizer 2 another try but I'm still having the same issue as the first time -- the mods all load, because it doesn't give me any missing mod errors, but none of the mods actually load -- all invisible meshes etc. I'd like something less cumbersome than "run .bat file to add asterisks to the load list" because it doesn't actually work half the time and I have to restart.

Can you explain a bit more about how this repros for you? I have experienced some weirdness about how the plugins.txt file is getting populated (or not, rather) but not what you are describing I don't think.

E: also how does the older stable MO work for FO4? Haven't tried it

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Hahaha the clothing variants added by the Raider Overhaul mod are amazing. Just got to Concord and I'm already dressed as a smiley face skellington man, and toting exciting sounding chems like "Shine" and "Bad Batch Jet" :allears:

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

I think he means more effort than it's worth for Bethesda and modders, and my guess is that will end up being the case.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Has anyone tried raising the settler population limit and making really populous settlements? Does this totally break the game (not balance-wise)?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

I use War of the Commonwealth, and with higher spawn rates having developed settlements as little forts of sanity in the storm is a lot of fun. I build fortified and armed structures that I run to, and the organic battles that are caused around and by them are pretty great.

What are the perf implications of this and does it break normal overworld wandering? It sounds dreamy the way you're describing it :allears:

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

SeanBeansShako posted:

Amusing highlighted mod of the moment, here is a mod which tracks hair growth for your character through the passage of time!

Also, I confess I desperately watch the Nexus site for the following weapon mods:

Sig Sauer pistol.
Watz Laser Rifle.
Classic Super Sledge.
Classic 10MM SMG.
The old school looking sniper rifle.
Hunting Shotgun.
Laser Thompson.

The latter would be really neat if you could upgrade them from the default weapons.

I only just realized this is the first main line Fallout game where there is no 10mm SMG.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Is there any mod that will stop all the settlers in Sanctuary Hills from obsessively milling around the area where the workbench is? They have beds and jobs and stuff but when they aren't farming they just wanna bash their heads against the city wall near where the workbench is all night.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Haerc posted:

The "Scrap Everything" mod shows invisible errr trigger points on that building called something like settler hammer something that you can scrap.

I went through already and deleted all the "hammer" and "sit on ground" points I could find but there's still something irresistible to them on the other side of the wall...

My plan now is to populate the place with robots.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

gently caress me in the rear end. I didn't know this was a thing. I just tried it and... I need to be alone for a while.

What's it do? Scrap every possible thing within the cell, a certain radius, the entire game? It sounds great for vanilla scrapable items, but with the expanded scrap mods I'm afraid it would remove too much stuff (eg. in Sanctuary you'd end up with no roads, foundations, retaining wall around the river).

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Is there a mod than makes the Institute Pistol/Rifle not incredibly gigantic takes up half my screen?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Babe Magnet posted:

get a bigger screen, btich

That would just make them even bigger.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Unique Uniques has quests?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Otacon posted:

Found a bug with Scrap Everything with Automatron installed, and reported it through Nexus.

Place: Robco Sales and Service Center with Automatron DLC installed, on the final quest of the DLC. Literally as soon as you enter the basement.
Issue: The big huge locked vault doors have disappeared, as well as other textures, including some floors/walls. FPS lag spikes are terrible.
Pictures:
How it looks normally:

How it looks with Scrap Everything installed:

Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this? I really love Scrap Everything and I'm hoping there's a quick turnaround for the bugfix. There's also other textures (certain floors in General Atomics, certain walls in the Fort Hagen Satellite Array dungeon) that are invisible as well.

I had this same bug and just worked around it by facing the floor or another direction when poo poo got screwed up. It makes the area really tedious to finish. I do have Scrap Everything installed, but didn't realize it was related to that mod. There is a note on the Fallout Wikia page for Robco Sales and Service that says this same bug happens-- presumably on an un-modded game in their case, so it might not be mod related?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Did they actually rev fallout.exe when they released contraptions? Doesn't seem like there is any reason to.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Otacon posted:

So the new weapon racks are.... strange.

The Cryolator won't fit on any of the racks, and I needed to place it in its own glass display case instead of using the heavy weapon frame or the nice wall mounted options Beth gave us.

Okay, so they missed a rare weapon you can get 15 feet from where you start the game, okay, I can sort of understand.

But why the gently caress can't I mount any .44 revolvers?! I can fit a loving assault rifle with a huge fuckoff scope on the medium pegboards, but my dinky little .44s won't fit anywhere! OUTRAGED

Interestingly the Cryolator is one of the few (only?) weapons in the game that has its own custom display case object.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Otacon posted:

You mean the one in Vault 111, not something I'm missing in my display case menu in settlement build mode?

I haven't checked if you can build it with Contraptions, I just mean there is a special case for it in the base game in Valut 111, yeah.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

7seven7 posted:

What mod are those posters from? They look really good.

I think Homemaker adds those old-timey Colt/Remington posters. At least I have Homemaker installed and I have those posters somewhere in my build menu.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

I haven't noticed anyone ITT mention Full Weapon Rebablance yet. It's a bit of a shame that the author hasn't updated it since January because I've been playing it with Impervious Power Armor and the AI improvements in Arbitration and the resulting combat feels much better than Vanilla to me.

The biggest thing that FWR addresses for me is the different weapons or receivers changing the damage a given bullet does. One RPG thing I can just never wrap my head around is when guns that fire the same cartridge do drastically different amounts of damage, and in FO4 it kind of wrecks the full auto weapons. FWR makes it actually worthwhile to burn through ammo in full auto, and the destruction stuff like the minigun does actually feels powerful. Basically how it works is the guy estimated the muzzle energy of the projectile weapons and then scaled the damage on everything else linearly against the .38's muzzle energy (whose damage was unchanged).

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Roadie posted:

WSE2 does similar stuff with scaling weapon damage based on approximate muzzle energy, if you can stand having 4+ ammo calibers per weapon type in addition to receivers.

Oh god this mod's Nexus page is indecipherable. Does it add like 100 new extremely lore-unfriendly weapons?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Falcon2001 posted:

Isn't that just in the options menu? Thought there was a pipboy color and power armor color setting.

There is a pip boy and a HUD setting, not sure if either affect power armor HUD.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Deified Data posted:

What's the story here?

The guy who made/maintains ENB series has posted homophobic rants on his website more than once.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Is there any way to completely get rid of the power armor fuel, enter, exit, and workbench use animations? I've officially seen them enough times and am ready to move on to the phase in my life where I never see them again.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

I feel dumb asking this question but all the inventory/pipboy mods that have weightless and vanilla versions; are they making the physical inventory items you pick up weightless, or is it weight in some other less literal sense, like font weight?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Azhais posted:

The actual items

Okay that's what I figured initially but I don't understand why anyone would want their UI mod to make all items weightless.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

I'm a ways deep into a playthrough with mods to improve settlements. I think mods plus the DLC have greatly enhanced my options with building but ultimately it's just so time consuming to set up the smallest thing and then any time you want to change things it gets more and more painful. I really want to like it but every time it ends in me being dissatisfied and giving up.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

gasman posted:

No plumbing though. 0/10
Also, that was the most annoying piece of 'music' I have ever heard.

If this allowed you to run power cables inside those walls it would greatly soothe my 'spergers.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Despite the new building mod seeming more complex than vanilla building pieces I think something like that is probably ends up being less of a hassle because the sizes and snap points are more standardized so you don't end up spending hours rebuilding your settlement every time you discover a new piece can't snap exactly the right way because of a decision you unknowingly made days prior. It basically let's you think about your building like a building and not an extremely long trial and error puzzle.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Roadie posted:

It's still ten billion unnecessary pieces, because what's inside of the wall doesn't matter.

You could get basically the effect by having corner beams and then a set of vertical wall segments that snap in sequence like, as already mentioned, how walls in The Sims work.

Edit:

Another nice mod that moves the spawn points for a bunch of settlement attacks outside of those settlements. Less raiders appearing out of nowhere inside the walls.

What's inside the walls could matter if you could plumb wires and pipes through there, maybe even sensors and vents and stuff.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Roadie posted:

Literally Building A House Simulator 2016

I would love to play that game. Already watching the video I was getting pissed off there wasn't any framing for the roof or ceiling and he didn't put up any plywood on the exterior wall framing and there was no floor on top of the foundation, he just laid flooring straight down, etc.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

There is no excuse for that attitude. They created a derivative work that's explicitly licensed as property of Bethesda. If they don't like that then they can't mod Bethesda games legally.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

SeanBeansShako posted:

Oh boy! a Railroad faction overhaul mod I'll ju-

*Modder simply gives everyone advanced Enclave themed power armor and gattling lasers*

Oh. Nope.

Did they also "fix" all of the characters faces by making them look completely different for no reason at all?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

I haven't been able to get FO4edit working when launched from MO. I can create a patch fine but then it errors out every time I try to save it.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Roadie posted:

Are you using the latest MO beta?

It was the last time I tried, not sure if it's the latest today.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Cirosan posted:

Traits and More Perks has been updated to Beta4. Could it also be added to the list in the OP, please?

That looks really cool. How do you figure it works out balance-wise? On the face of it getting extra perks in addition to the ones on level up makes the game strictly easier even if you have to spend junk to make them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

SeanBeansShako posted:

Considering this madness came from a terrible sub reddit named after a really bad escapist nazi propaganda joke, I'd totally agree with this theory now.

Anyway, lets talk about mods because Nexus creepiness/drama is really loving boring to talk about constantly!

Ever wanted a way to recharge and recycle Fusion Cores? now you can with this station looking thingy!

This one is interesting, a companion that learns, adapts and takes care of itself! and not only does he have voice acting, he's not a real doll or obnoxious YouTube tribute character! BONUS!

Is that guy actually a companion? From the description it sounds like he just does his own thing.