Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Waltzing Along posted:

Watch BOTW just be a huge sandbox with a minimal story.

gently caress yeah, that'd be rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's pretty much exactly how it'll be - they said it's possible to avoid seeing story bits if you want to. Or you can even just beeline for the final boss right off the bat.

Excited to see it at the next GDQ, then.

Nintendo could probably do itself some good to make some games here and there that specifically target the part of the audience that have been playing and buying their games for 30 years, while also working to make those game appeal to the younger crowd, rather than the inverse of making games that specifically target a new generation of players that also might appeal to adults.

That's a long sentence.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I kinda hope there aren't towns and instead just a few crazy people living in caves like the first game.

BotW takes place in a Hyrule where Ganon won, right? Let's have that post-apocalyptic Zelda game.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Hihohe posted:

It would be cool if heavier armors would cause your stamina to drain faster while doing stuff. Sorta makes you have to think about you outfit before adventuring

Yeah but then everyone'd just rush Havel

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Part of the reason why I love Dark Souls is that it's basically the grown up Zelda I always wanted ages ago

And also because it's a really loving good game

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Someone answer my Zelda spoiler/reveal speculation:

Is it that Link can be either male or female? I've seen two different character models, think I've seen them referred to as Archer Link and Rider Link, the female looking, hood-wearing one being the latter

Tia

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Rookersh posted:

This'll be my first Zelda! I'm very excited.

I'm somewhat lying. I played Oracle of Ages/Seasons way back when I was a kid, but I don't remember any of it.

Play A Link To the Past

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Don't put that on me :argh:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

spasticColon posted:

I got my refurbished Wii U today and after much cussing and swearing I got it set up but why isn't the game available for pre-load? I guess I have to either stay up until 3AM to buy it and start downloading or go to bed early and set my alarm for 3AM so I can download it and play it. I'm really tempted to buy WWHD from the eshop to tide me over until BOTW launches.

Nintendo'nt do internet good.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

How do you drop or throw a bow, or do I need to waste arrows to break my current one whenever I find a new one that's better than anything I'm currently holding?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

Do it from the pause inventory menu. Sadly there is no shortcut to drop from the quick switch menu.

Oh ok, thanks. At least it's possible. I snapped off three arrows just to break a bow and was sitting here thinking there had to be a better way.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

This game is wonderful, and I normally don't even particularly like 3d Zeldas.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

There was one, but it didn't remove a majority of it. I found a YouTube video, you have to climb a really small piece of debris and you can jump to the tower and over the goopy part.

How much more Stamina do you get for a Stamina Upgrade? I've been getting Heart Containers exclusively because I want more health to survive this brutal rear end world but I think I need more stamina at this point.

Like 25% more for the first one, haven't gone deep on it yet

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Augus posted:

Hey is this the best Zelda game? TIA

No.

It's the second best behind LttP.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

How much time should I set aside for the Zora dungeon?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Gonna give my horses human names. Randy, ted, Gerald, that sort of stuff.

I have a single horse that I boarded somewhere I can't remember

Earl, I'm sorry I've lost you

I've been exploring everywhere on foot, only really had one stretch where I wished I had a horse. Usually fast traveling and climbing so much I'd leave horses behind anyway

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Oh, neat, that's way more useful than how I thought it worked.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Have there ever been temporary hearts in Zelda games before? Wondering if that's a retread or if they might have gotten the idea from LoZ homage The Binding of Isaac.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

How many diamonds do you need for whatever that sidequest is? Wondering if I can start unloading luminous stones for money.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Patter Song posted:

It's a combination of that and my strong preference for 2D Zelda over 3D Zelda. I don't hate BOTW, but the further I get the less I feel like this is a game I will enjoy. I want to spend like 80-90% of my game time in dungeons.

I'm the same way wrt 2D over 3D Zelda, but this is my favorite 3D one by virtue of it feeling so modernized and no longer hand-holdy.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

C-SPAN Caller posted:

You know after beating Ganon I thought I wouldn't enjoy playing anymore but unlike OOT there's so much poo poo to do, the 18% completion rate just made me want to play even more.

Also the Twilight bow is legit fun to use, glad I save scum med my Zelda amiibo for it.

How do you see a completion rate?

I also wish this game had a time played counter, I'm curious just how much time I'm gonna get out of it, without having to use the console's parental controls.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

s.i.r.e. posted:

So if you cook a recipe, cook a Fairy with it and you'll get Blessed food and it'll heal a ton more. Awesome.

You monster

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Ciaphas posted:

I've just unlocked the camera and the quest to pin down my memories. Anyone have any guidance on finding the locations mentioned? I'm a goddamn rubbish explorer at the best of times. Don't even know where Hyrule Castle is, actually.

Google.

I'd be wandering around forever trying to find them otherwise.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just got the Master Sword...

...and I've still only done the one dungeon so far.

I should proooobably get back to the critical path soon.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Zore posted:

The only bad Zeldas are LttP and LBW.

Zore posted:

Yeah, Breath of the Wild edged out0 Skyward Sword for me. But I still think Skyward Sword is really good.

Also very good and underrated Zelda games; The Oracle twins which round out my top 3.

Gotta say, this is a bad gimmick to adopt

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Just use magnesis to and push a metal weapon against your sail.

Lol this loving game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

parallelodad posted:

Got a confused text from my kids day care because he was telling them about sneaking up on "Lizard Bros" but then "the blood moon wises once again"

:allears: It's great that kids have a game like BotW to grow up on