Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Delilah Heartspring, Halfling Fighter

The Emperor (positive): 2#1d6 1 4
Prince of Shadows (Negative): 1d6 1

Delilah had never been one to turn down a cool, evening breeze, but this was something else entirely. At Thora's words, she began to circle around to the back of the group, shield raised and ready. Wincing at the cold air as it tore past, she narrowed her eyes and glanced about the surrounding woodland. They needed shelter, but they also needed to be cautious. It was at moments like these, she was taught, when travelers were desperate and tired that they were at their most vulnerable, prone to ignoring obvious signs of danger. Taking a deep breath, she gazed about the trees, watching for any sign of approaching movement.

Guard-In-Training Roll: 1d20+3 8 9
Welp. e: Forgot to add +1 from my level. Not, uh, not that it probably matters here, but y'know.

pre:
Stats
HP          30/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        9/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Racial: Evasive
[ ] Tough as Iron
[ ] Skilled Intercept* (1/rd)
[ ] Counter-Attack* (1/rd)

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jun 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Cursing under her breath, Delilah drew herself into a stance as she stared at the green-skinned foes. She knew, she knew that there was the perfect opportunity for trouble and even still she had slipped in her duty. That didn't matter now, she told herself. What matters is that there's a band of unfriendly looking goblins, and that she and Keeper had managed to react faster.

"All right you bastards, come at me!"

Banging her shield as loudly as she could, Delilah smirked as she watched Keeper's spirits tear into the shaman's body. Watching the remaining divine light surround Ludwig, she made the decision that at least for now, the gnome should survive without her aid. Charging forward at the nearest goblin, she kept a close eye for any that would attack Alain.

Engaging and attacking Goblin R.
Melee Attack v. AC 16: 1d20+5 10
Damage: 1 Miss

Was she slow, or the goblin unexpectedly quick? Regardless, Delilah's barely scratched her opponent, though it seemed to leave him on edge.
Carving an Opening, 19-20 crit range.

pre:
Stats
HP          30/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        9/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[x] Carve an Opening* (19-20)
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron
[x] Skilled Intercept* (1/rd, Intercepting first person going for Alain)

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Well, Delilah thought as the rain of blows fell upon her shield, she had asked for this. A brief gasp of pain came out as one goblin found its mark upon her shin, which was an area that hadn't been hurt in some time, considering his size. Grimacing at those that slipped past her defenses, a rush enveloped her body, and the aching all but came to a halt in tune with a sudden prayer. Smiling, she cried out,

"Thanks for that, Keeper! Owe you one!"

Recovery+2: 1d10+4 11

She would have to make some kind of offering in return, she decided, if the forgeborn even took offerings for the Shrine. Putting aside her religious ignorance, Delilah stabbed downwards at the rat biting violently at her legs.

Melee Attack v. Rat Mob (AC 15): 1d20+6 12
Ugh.

Being harried by multiple foes as she was, however, left little opportunity for a clean strike. Grumbling to herself, she adjusted her stance and prepared for another onslaught of attacks.
Natural Even, Defensive Fighting for +2 AC, and am going to use Evasive if a Goblin hits me to make them reroll at -2. Reminder that anyone disengaging from me has -3 to their roll cause Fighter. e: Actually, going to add that to my stat block since it'll come up a lot.

pre:
Stats
HP          29/30
AC          19 (+2)
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        8/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Threatening: -3 to disengaging from me

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[x] Defensive Fighting*
[x] Racial: Evasive
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 28, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Delilah felt a chill run up her spine as Ludwig's voice echoed throughout the cave, catching only a glimpse as one of the goblins collapsed to the earth behind her. Truthfully, while she had been fully aware of the gnome's reputation as a comedian, his skills in combat were more of a mystery to her. Another question she would have to pose to her party, once they had a chance for rest. For now, she thought as Keeper's divine javelin ricocheted into the rat by her side, what was important was that there were far less foes than there were just a few seconds ago. Her allies seemed intent on finishing off the wounded shaman, a task she would have to leave to them, surrounded as she was.

"Come on you lot, you can do better than that!"

With a taunting smile, she struck out against the goblin she had first engaged with.

Melee Attack v. Goblin R (AC 16): 1d20+7 12
Well, at least I'm drawing their attention well enough. AC is back to 19, Carving, 18-20 critical range now, and Counter-Attacking first goblin to miss me with a Natural Odd with basic melee at half damage.

pre:
Stats
HP          29/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        8/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Threatening: -3 to disengage checks against me
Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[x] Carve an Opening* (18-20)
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron
[x] Counter-Attack* (1/rd)

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Her head spinning from the direct blow to her head, Delilah found herself unable to react in time as one of the goblins slipped away from her range. Grunting from the impact, she briefly shoved off the two remaining goblins, giving her a chance to try and catch her breath.

Using Tough as Iron to rally as a quick action.
Tough as Iron Recovery: 1d10+2 4

While it wasn't as effective as the divine healing that Keeper had given her earlier, it would hopefully be enough for Delilah to stay up on her feet. The wound that Thora had received worried the halfling for a moment, but it seemed as if the dwarf managed to keep herself together through the surprise stabbing. Turning her worry to anger, Delilah lashed out against the goblins returning to strike again.

Melee Attack v. Goblin R (AC 16): 1d20+8 15
Are you serious. Carving, 17-20 critical range now.

pre:
Stats
HP          21/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        7/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4 (+3 Escalation)
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3 (+3 Escalation)

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[x] Carve an Opening* (17-20)
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[x] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

For defense, I primarily imagined Delilah using her shield if she has it on her so that she can master the use of it, her natural reflexes helping her to deflect and block blows. Rounds where she uses Evasive has her going back to her roots of dodging out of the way.

Delilah watches as the two other goblins rush out of the cave as the shaman falls, leaving only the one she had originally engaged behind. Knocking away with her shield what is likely to be his last club strike, a magic dart curves around her, throwing
the goblin off his feet. Seizing the opportunity, Delilah stood over the fallen, frightened creature and stabbed downward.

Melee Attack v. Goblin R (AC 16): 1d20+9 21
Melee Damage v. Goblin R (HP 8): 1d8+4 12

Not wanting to make it any more painful than she had to, Delilah thrust downward into the goblin's heart before it even had the chance to recover. And with that, she thought, this battle at least was over. Letting out a wearied breath, she started walking back to the rest of her party, speaking as she did.

"Everyone all right? Sorry 'bout letting some of them slip by."

Of course my one attack that hits does max damage.

pre:
Stats
HP          21/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        7/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4 (+3 Escalation)
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3 (+3 Escalation)

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening* (17-20)
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Watching her companions begin to speak among themselves, Delilah settled down by the opening of the cave, collecting herself after the brief but tiring skirmish.
Recovery: 1d10+2 8

"No rope here," the halfling says after rummaging through her belongings just to make certain. "If we were closer to the village, I could probably get us a pair of shackles or the like, but I don't think we have the time for that."

"Still," Delilah continued after a few seconds of consideration, "Keeper does have a point. 'S pretty odd to see goblins this close to Summer Vale. Didn't seem like they were intending to raid either, with how few of them there were. I dunno if we'll get anything useful out of him, but it's probably worth the effort."

Walking back over to the unconscious shaman in order to intervene if he tried anything when he awoke, Delilah looks up at the forgeborn, hammer in arm.

"Also, I told you Keeper, Mistress Heartspring is a little... just Delilah's fine, or Lilah, or Dee even, as Ludwig seems intent on calling me."

She turns to the gnome as she speaks his name, then stops, analyzing but uncomprehending.

"Uh, Ludwig? You're looking, um, different?"

pre:
Stats
HP          29/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

If this was a minor discrepancy, Delilah thought, then just what would a major one be? Both out of curiosity and caution, the questioning words were on the halfling's tongue when Thora spoke out to her. Frozen for a second as she was shook out of her own thoughts, Delilah glanced over the bindings, thinking back on some of the tricks she had been taught in restraining a prisoner. She had better tools to work with then, of course, but the fundamentals were the same...

"Not a bad job, honestly. Lemme see if I can't secure this part here."

Binding the Shaman (Guard-In-Training): 1d20+5 8
Urgh. Not sure what stat would be appropriate? Str is +4, Dex +3, Int +0, and Wis -1

Finishing off the bindings, she stepped away from the shaman, stopping to watch Ludwig, no, Lydia's performance with one eye.

"So, who's gonna do the actual interrogating here? For the record, I don't speak Goblin, although it seemed like those other ones might have understood me when I was yellin' at 'em."
pre:
Stats
HP          29/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

All in all, the night had been going rather poorly, from walking straight into a pack of goblins to messing up some basic tying of knots. It could have been worse, she supposed. At least the shaman hadn't managed to escape. Yet, anyways. Delilah looked over at Keeper's attempt to communicate, and quietly placed a hand on the pommel of her sword. She doubted that the shaman would try anything in this scenario, defenseless and outnumbered as he was, but it never hurt to be careful.

Although considering how well her other attempts to be careful tonight had gone, she wasn't so certain. Regardless, the halfling kept her gaze trained on the very much excited goblin, ready to intervene or intercept if he tried anything. If she was to be honest, Delilah was hoping that he would. She had been far too much on the defensive during the fight for her liking, and the repeated failures was beginning to grate on her nerves.
pre:
Stats
HP          29/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Without hesitation, Delilah cuts down the shaman as he attempts to speed by between herself and Thora, disappointed but not surprised. Perhaps it was better this way; if left alive, who knows what kind of damage he could have caused to the village? Still, she wished they had gotten something out of him at least. If luck wasn't to be on their side, then any information at all could have proved useful, if not vital. No point in fretting about that now, she thought. Just gotta work twice as hard to make up for it.

"Well, that could have gone better. Mind helping me move these bodies, Thora? Probably don't want these in our resting area. Unless anybody else has any ideas for them...?"

Though the question was worded generally, the halfling's eyes were aimed towards the crow perched on Keeper's shoulders. She wasn't certain what the bird ate, if anything. Other than it having some kind of connection to Alain, she knew very little about the creature at all. Not that she cared to know, really, as it certainly made no efforts to endear itself.

pre:
Stats
HP          29/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Her energy already spent from both the fighting and finishing the burials with Thora, Delilah hadn't gotten nearly as much rest as she wanted or needed; while it was unlikely that the two goblins who had escaped would return, it didn't stop the halfling from sleeping with one eye open the whole night. So it was with more irritation than she had intended when she put in,

"Sure we can afford the detour? Time ain't exactly our friend here. I mean, sure there's all that rainwater from yesterday, but who knows how long it'll last? And even then, maybe the villagers survive, but what about crops and the like?"

After a moment and taking a deep breath, she resumed.

"Not that going through the river seems all that smart either. So guess I'm voting the woodlands path then."
pre:
Stats
HP          29/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Pleased by the direction the discussion was taking, though a little surprised that Alain was willing to go along, Delilah nodded at Thora's suggestion.

"Right, right, if everyone else is fine with it then I'm happy to head up the riverbank. Heck, can carry anyone who gets tired if I have to. Well, maybe not Keeper, but Alain doesn't look like he weighs much."

pre:
Stats
HP          29/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

At the forgeborn's words, Delilah set to work attempting to push the troll's corpse from the riverbed. Didn't need it polluting the river once they got the water flowing again, after all. And while it was a large and very heavy creature, she was far stronger than your average halfling. Really, when it was the body was all stiff like this, it was hardly any different than removing fallen trees from the fields in a way. Of course, trees hardly smelled so bad and reeked of blood, but the theory was the same.

Moving the troll's corpse aside Farmer's Daughter: 1d20+9 26

Grunting from the effort, she afterwards placed a foot against the troll, trying to pull out the shortsword from its side. While she had gotten accustomed to her preferrred blade, it never hurt to keep a sidearm in the off-chance that she needed it. if she didn't, then she could always turn it back in for one of the other guards to use. As she did, the loud rumbling from afar gave her pause, and a wry grin spread across her face.

"That don't sound good. Think we should investigate?"
pre:
Stats
HP          29/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

A dam? She had never heard of one being built all this way upstream before. Was it new, old, relevant? Delilah knew little to nothing about orcs, but she didn't think them the type to be builders. Or were they?

"Oi, Vajak is it? Did you and your lot make this hunk of wood?"

She gestured toward the slowly approaching pack with her sword, already beginning to try and take count of their number. Just how many were there? Half a dozen? More?

"First goblins, a troll, beastmen, now this? We really know how to find trouble, huh?"

Grumbling more for complaining's sake than anything else, Delilah hunched low, preparing herself if the orcs came rushing in.

Want to ready a melee swing against the first hostile orc coming at us. If I can only ask or ready, then I want to ask.

pre:
Stats
HP          29/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

For a tense second, Delilah's jaw locks tight, and her sword begins to raise. Not only had they stopped the water, but they had the gall to threaten them further? Try and extort them? A growl rises without even thinking, when Thora's voice quickly cuts through the air.

"A bluff...? You think this is some kinda joke, you godsdamned bastards?"

She spits on the ground between the group and the orcs, chest heaving. Just who in the hells did they think they were? Some greenskinned punks, that was all they were.

"You're lucky my friend here's kind enough to let you off easy. So get!"

pre:
Stats
HP          29/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

There's no way this was going to work. That was what Delilah had thought as she watched Ludwig parley with the orcs and she was right, to a degree. Yet some them seemed to have seriously considered his offer. She wasn't particularly excited about the prospect of working with orcs, but that would have to be debated another time. Now, they had to deal with those who refused to cooperate.

"Gonna enjoy this, I really am."

Initiative v. Orcs: 1d20+4 8

pre:
Stats
HP          29/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Grunting as she breaks off and tears away the arrow, Delilah's eyes scan about the battlefield. The archers, she decided, could be left alone for now, and on the ground there were three immediate threats. Under normal circumstances, she would have gone and held off the two with swords. But the big one who had just taken a swing at Thora seemed to be inspiring the others with his presence, which meant he needed taking care of first.

Melee Attack v. Orcish Berserker (AC 16, +1 Leadership): 1d20+6 22
Melee Damage v. Orcish Berserker (HP 15): 1d8+4 7

"Hands off the dwarf, ugly!"

Before the orc can recover from his backswing, Delilah rushes forward, charging into him with her shield and knocking him back. Having gained some distance and noticing how wounded the orc looked, Delilah's attention began to turn towards the other combatants.

Shield bash, berserker pops free from me + Thora. Going to intercept the warriors if they don't go for me if possible, and using Evasive to reroll a hit at -2.
pre:
Stats
HP          22/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[x] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

With what appeared to be their leader down thanks to Ludwig's efforts, Delilah was free to focus her attention on trying to keep Thora up. However, even with the dwarf's assistance in lowering the orc's guard, Delilah's strike goes wild, only scratching at the orc's skin. Can't win them all, she thought. Best she could do was to hope to continue to distract one of the warriors.

"C'mon, c'mon! We may be half your size, but we're twice as good as you lot will ever be!"
Melee Attack v. Orcish Warrior R (AC 16): 1d20+7 13

Defensive Fighting so +2 AC for the round, and still using Evasive to reroll a hit at -2.
pre:
Stats
HP          22/30
AC          19 (+2)
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[x] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Keeping her eyes trained on the orc warrior as she listens to the gnome's shouting, Delilah's surprise and confusion at his actual words almost cause her to miss, though in the end her blow lands true.

Melee Attack v. Orcish Warrior B (AC 16): 1d20+7 17
Melee Damage v. Orcish Warrior B (HP 30): 1d8+4 11

Though she questions what exactly Ludwig's plan is, Delilah attempts to break away from the orc as he recovers from her swing, to no avail. Frustrated that her retreat was blocked, the halfling raises up her shield again in preparation for any further onslaught.

"drat; sorry to say, Ludwig, but I'm a little tied up here!"

Disengage v. Orcish Warrior B (11+): 1d20 5
There went that plan. Defensive Fighting and Evasive again, so no change.

pre:
Stats
HP          22/30
AC          19 (+2)
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[x] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Delilah's blade pulls back, fully intent on finishing off the already heavily injured warrior before her when a light streaks over, throwing the orc to the ground. Her usual combat smirk widens further as the gnome's taunting fills the aftermath, and she gestures towards the remaining archers as she looks to Thora.

"Let's get in there, yeah?"

Charging forward, the halfling speeds off towards her surrounded forgeborn friend, intent on getting the archer's attention away from Keeper.

Melee Attack v. Orcish Archer B (AC 18): 1d20+8 15
DMG: 1 Miss

Cursing as her swing misses, she nevertheless lowers her shield down to try and bait an attack.

Carving, 19-20 crit range. Lose Defensive Fighting, so -2 AC, keeping Evasive up.
pre:
Stats
HP          22/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Crit Range: 19-20
Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[x] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

As soon as she realized what was happening, Delilah slammed her shield down into the ground, bracing for the oncoming impact. It was, in hindsight, likely not the smartest decision that she could have made; her natural halfling nimbleness, for example, might have done better here. But she was stubborn, and felt a need to prove that she belonged on the frontlines. It was why when she had joined the guards of Summer Vale, she had sought out the biggest and the strongest to train with her, challenging them to break through her defense. She wasn't invincible, of course, and she lost her fair share of bouts. But she had won her share too. This was, in a somewhat perverted, twisted way just an extension of that training, just with stupid, big logs instead of stupid, big lugs.

Bracing for Log Impact (Guard-In-Training, CON): 1d20+6 17

The wood splintered around her, and Delilah could feel her body become wracked with pain. Her shoulder wasn't gonna be pretty to look at in the morning, that was for sure, but surprisingly even to herself she had managed to withstand the impact. Muscles all tensed up, the halfling catches the sight of Ludwig hopping about, coat on fire. Laughing a little inwardly despite the seriousness of the situation, she rushes over to help put out the flickering flames as she watches the rest of their group do their best to handle the remaining logs.
pre:
Stats
HP          22/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        6/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Wincing as she watches the rest of her party eat a face full of log, Delilah takes the opportunity to patch up where she had taken an arrow, assisted by Keeper's knowledge of basic first aid.

Recovery: 1d10+2 6

"Thanks, Keeper; hope this doesn't leave a scar. And yeah, after walking right into a pack'a orcs, I'm thinking maybe just a bit of scouting would be smart. I don't really got any practice sneaking about, but I can be quiet when I need ta be, so I'm willin to take point."
pre:
Stats
HP          28/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        5/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Stealth wasn't a normal part of Delilah's routine. That wasn't to say she was bad at it; small and quick, it was simple for her to try and stay out of sight if she wanted to, but it wasn't anything she had any real practice in. Most of guard duty was making sure you were noticed, after all, one way or another. But there a short while when her Uncle Samuel, Sammy as he liked to be called, came to stay with Delilah and family. Only a few weeks, close to a month or so. He was, as her father put it, "a real troublemakin' sort." Delilah hadn't known what that meant exactly, but what she did know was that Uncle Sammy had a strange tendency to not be found when there was work that needed to be done. Tending the fields, feeding the livestock, hells, even if it was fetching water they always had to go headhunting for the guy. Well, she did anyhow. It was almost like a game to her uncle. Probably was, if she was being honest.

Point was, remembering all the tricks he pulled on her back then gave her a better idea of how to go unnoticed, even if it was a lesson hard learned. 'Course, that was years ago now, and it wasn't as if he had really taught her...

Sneaking to the Mountain (Farmer's Daughter + Dex): 1d20+8 9
I tried. :v:
pre:
Stats
HP          28/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        5/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Letting out an annoyed "tsk!", Delilah immediately tenses up at the unexpected feeling of magic, holding up her shield. One hand goes for her sword when Thora begins to speak, and after pausing for a few seconds, the halfling nods.

"Can't say I know much 'bout beastmen, but the fact we've never had any trouble with 'em is probably a good sign. Very least, they might be willin' to reason. Not that I don't think we can't take 'em in a fight! But we've already been through two rough scraps; no point in tiring ourselves out anymore than we have to."

pre:
Stats
HP          28/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        5/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)
[ ] Carve an Opening*
[ ] Defensive Fighting*
[ ] Tough as Iron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Delilah was used to dealing with tall folk. Being a halfling, a lot of people fit under that category. But the beastfolk felt like an entirely different story. Maybe it was their physical appearance, maybe it was the way they carried themselves. Maybe it was the fact that she wasn't certain how to act. Luckily for her, Keeper had plenty more knowledge from that Archive of his. Acting tough, that she could do, though trying to stay polite while doing it was a little less usual. Stepping forward, she looked up at the scarred beastman and said,

"Listen, you and your people ain't ever given us Summer Vale folk trouble, and we ain't interested in starting trouble either. All we care 'bout is why the river flow has stopped, that's all. Soon as we find out, we'll be on our way."

She glanced over at Alain's raven, worried about the outburst. It was a strange creature, but she hadn't expected it to draw such a reaction upon just the sight of it, let alone if it opened its beak...

pre:
Stats
HP          28/30
AC          19
PD          14
MD          11
Rec.        5/9 (1d10+2)
MBA        1d20+5, 1d8+4
RBA        1d20+4, 1d8+3

Battle/At-Will*
[ ] Shield Bash* (A)