Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This game, I will play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

confirming that I hope I don't step on anyone's toes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote jimson RROOLLLLLLIIINNNGGG STTAAARRRTTTTTTTT

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Scum making bold plays and withheld NK?

Flavour makes it sound more like an action

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote AA It's the one shot that does it for me. I could almost believe the rest, but him calling it one shot sounds too much like a bluff

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You think nexus is a role with a high chance of being counter claimed?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

No I'm saying, YPM's argument relies on me believing I thought she would make the kill. he's arguing, why target asiina if you think she's scum. Why target anyone else than a person I thought was scum? I mean what if I could redirect the nk to kill themselves even. Normally, I see nexus with a limitation, but my limitation is that it is 1-shot, and it redirects any actions targeting me to a target of my choosing.

Outside of that, I have no knowledge on if it can prevent or redirect a kill.

You'd have to assume there was some sort of protection role, though, which kind of invalidates that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How would I have to assume that there was some sort of protection role?

Because at that point pretty much everyone was alive, so it follows logically.

Not to mention if your nexus were actually one shot, you'd assume other people also have X shot abilities, and using your nexus would likely invalidate and waste them all.

There's just no good, town reason to use a nexus ability N1

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Honestly I want you to elaborate on this.

It's a pretty self contained statement, I'm not sure what you need broken down

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How would I invalidate them all?

I explained how my role works.

Because a nexus is going to cause a lot of things to cancel out

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's not a redflag you turdlord, like I've already said. I assume I can redirect an NK, but have no knowledge if I actually do or not. This assumption is derived from the fact that I didn't receive any limitations in my PM.

So why didn't you ask? Why would you just blindly use such a big power like that and not think to go "hey cpig, does this work on kills?"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

NOPE! wrong. I explained how my role works.

Well I missed that then.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh poo poo, I'm mixing nexus and lightning rod in my head.

Didn't aa claim lightning rod too?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ugh ##unvote

I have to reread everything now

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Your Personal Muse posted:

There was a lightning rod last night but AA was definitely not it. Everyone except AA visited the LR last night, which is kind of surprising that if there are one shots every single one of them used it last night

Yeah I've been working under about 10 misunderstandings so far, I'm going to reread at work tonight and do more better.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also I don't know how cpig would do it, but if I do a redirect role I would usually do it the way AA is claiming and not have be seen by trackers/watchers. Kind of invalidates the purpose of the role.

I would, however, use it as a scum/sk role, and usually do

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I almost feel like Asiina forgot about this game. She does lurk as scum but she doesn't usually just completely vanish

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok I'm a lot less sold on AA now. I still don't like his big freakout but now that I'm actually thinking of what a nexus is he makes a lot more sense

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Absurd Revolver posted:

guys i think li died irl cuz she's lurking in all her games

stay safe li dawny ghost

rip

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina posted:

Oh, I missed this post I opened in another tab.

I don't like this vote because whenever there's pretty good cases already existing on someone but someone comes in and votes because of some other reason it just reads as wanting to look like they're contributing something new while still just going along with the flow. It feels fake.

Not enough for me to vote Opop over others, but still a bad post.

You'll get to it later but I actually totally misinterpreted things and was wrong there

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm enjoying our national holiday so I'm not going to read the whole 5 pages here, but just blue sky thinking what if the lightning rod isn't someone's direct role. What if A can make B a lightning rod, or something like that? I feel like that makes more sense with YPM's result

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I do. I lied about being 1-shot, I was 2-shot and directed to Li Dawny last night, and nothing happened.

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote AA It's the one shot that does it for me. I could almost believe the rest, but him calling it one shot sounds too much like a bluff

:monocle:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote aa

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

lol scum got this game in the bag it seems.

Nuh uh, we got you :smug:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I lied hoping someome to target me. Redirected to try to see lurker alignment ir copped or in the event of a kill possible scum or just other unknown.

And nothing happened with my intended target as far as I know.

Also I can't help what anyone believes.

I think there's a real chance Jake or Kashuno are scum, but I also can't tell if they are prick idiots so...

I'm ok getting lynched. It'll prove my own innocence and motives behind using my abilities

Why would someone target you if you were a one shot who'd used up your power?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Because I would have used up my power and maybe someone would try to determine my alignment or role if there's a cop. Which like I said, deflected to a lurker.

So you were purposefully trying to obfuscate town power roles? Neat

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

More like use them to my advantage to potentially investigate another player but sure.

Well I guess you know how to use their powers better than they do.

Although you would think you would, you know, want to clear your name after nearly getting lynched yesterday

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's almost like you...Hmm, I don't know...Maybe didn't actually want a cop to be able to check you for some reason

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I say we let AA live and all act really shocked when he claims he was actually 3 shot tomorrow

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alas I am actually only 2 shot. No more lies or uses of my action.

Yes well, I can't see why nobody would trust or anything.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This is a pretty funny gimmick for a pinball game

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

YPM you're a watcher right?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I am a watcher/tracker combo we already went over this RF pls

Just making sure, because if that's the case dong's defence doesn't work ##vote dongs

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote mags

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

tpink posted:

Yeah I'm going to assume that YPM is not lying about a pm from the mod because I think that'd be modkill otherwise, so... ##vote mg3.

The mod PMed me to say that that's dumb reasoning. Also that your butt smells

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

IllegallySober posted:

This time, if what you're saying is true and CPig gave you a bad result, I don't see why him confirming that would be such an issue.

Because that would be a mod confirming YPM's role and alignment, don't be dense

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm the backglass, alternate night hider. I wasn't hiding last night but I definitely don't have an action that targets people.

With your N1 results I figured it was some kind of fuckery and didn't see any point in claiming yet, but I defintiely didn't do anything last night, so either there's another witch type role or a disguiser or something.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tonight's my night to hide again so if people want to directly test, I'll be untargetable by any actions

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Ninth Layer posted:

I think it's scummy that you didn't claim to have done nothing on day 2.

:shrug: Didn't see much point in playing all my cards right away. If he'd specifically called me out like today maybe, but I figured it made more sense to wait it out

Anything the scum could have done to frame you would have had to be a huge coincidence to get the result I did because of all the redirectors. They would have just had to roll the dice and hope.

Every night action in this came is a big crap shoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I am aware. My point is that it doesn't make much sense to frame you in particular when they don't even know how they are going to be able to frame you.

Plus I don't think scum have framing elements that aren't redirecting

They straight up had a witch so it's not outside the realm of possibility. All I know is I didn't go anywhere last night.

The Ninth Layer posted:

You didn't think it was noteworthy that you were seen targeting someone even though you did nothing?

No. Not when his result was "Everyone except this one guy"

• Locked thread