Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

You know trying to post with a cool calm head, they aren't terrible cases. I just, I tilted with Jakes case. I don't find me confirming and then coming back later to be scummy as gently caress even with the turbo in between. It's circumstantial and kind of WIFOM.

I mean even if I wasn't busy at night, no one could actually predict yesterday's events.

I want to kill him for the pun he just made scum or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

So were they poo poo cases, not entirely. Jakes is circumstantial WIFOM and YPMs relies on implicit knowledge of my PM and how the mod handles redirection as being a targeted "visit" or reflexive.

Neither are good cases, but they aren't terrible.

I think they're both town.

Asiina, Kash, RF maybe not.

Why Asiina, Kash, and RF? Kash was defending you pretty heavily.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

His taking no part in this stancr earlier on, seems in the know about my alignment and he could fall back on it later on. A scum down, I imagine they'll be thinking about the longterm now.

But his stance was pretty much that our cases were terrible. You hadn't done anything that would make someone give a positive town read on you so why would he defend you by saying you are town? He defended you as best as it seems town can.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

It's my opinion man. Like I said, a scum ploy to appeal to town on behalf of someone who is likely dying for credit down the line. Read or no read. Your thought process requires we objevtively played mafia as you do subjectively. Not everyone thinks that way, and I've seen scum do this very thing more than once.

Or I'm questioning the person that is my top scum read to see a reaction, because right now all I have to work with is a meltdown.

If town were to defend you how would you expect them to do it?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

MG3 posted:

YPM I think you're wrong and a large portion of your case is setup spec

How is it setup spec? The only thing that is spec is that when you target someone you visit them, which is really not a huge stretch

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Also why do you think Jimson is scum we are waiting to hear your case

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

MG3 posted:

He's a major lurker that was turboed day one and flipped scum lol

Perfect so how about you tell me how my case is setup speculation apart from targetting someone necessitating visiting them?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

MG3 posted:

Or maybe it does work the way you say it do, but it don't

But you said a major portion of my case is setup spec. Which part other than the visiting = targetting thing is spec?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

MG3 posted:

None of it. There is more?

I saw everyone except AA visit someone.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

At this point I think AAs temper tantrum was because he was being correctly lynched as scum, and he was pissed that he was legitimately not around at the time of the Jimson turbo, and its not fair

He is trying to act like he has calmed down now, but I cannot see his behavior as a town player upset he was being mislynched based on how quickly he went into crybaby mode under so little pressure.

I don't think the fact that AA didn't visit anyone means anything other than he is probably actually a nexus

I'm inclined to agree. I think his case on Kash doesn't make much sense and comes more from acting more than anything else and like I said before, he is mad that he is not getting cased "correctly" (because he actually did target asiina and was legitimately not here for the turbo) and that he is getting lynched so early rather than getting mislynched as town.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

dongsbot 9000 posted:

actually im death cop

Prove it what was Jimson? Scum or town?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

IllegallySober posted:

I'd never heard of the Nexus role before I played this game. I was just looking at the wiki which seems to say it is.

If love to post my screenshot of that but Awful app is failing so you'll just have to look at the wiki yourself.

It can be scum or town and is actually an inherently scummy role

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Alright seems like dongs is a death cop

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Wait AA why did you redirect all actions to Asiina if you suspected her? If you are town that might create a false positive read on you if she's scum

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

IllegallySober posted:

Literally the first sentence of the wiki says "A Nexus is a pro-town role"

And the first wiki that pops up when you type in mafia nexus into google talks about how it is anti town

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I also think he's a nexus

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Jake tell me about the MG3, I really don't like him naming Jimson as possible scum. I feel like its a mistake that only gets made by a guy who is more worried about creating a list of scum reads than actual scum reads

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

JakeP posted:

That was my first thought as well when he posted it but I dunno, the scum would have had to submit a night kill so you would think magnus would have been involved in that if he were scum, and would know jimson is dead. I could see him saying jimson as a joke and not as a slip

Imagine this Jake: You are in the scumdoc and Jimson gets turbo'd so fast that he can't even type his name in the header section. I could totally see Magnus not even realizing that Jimson is his scum buddy. That's part of the reason I kept asking him (well twice) about Jimson, I wanted to see how he played it, and it wasn't like it was a joke all along.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

MG3 posted:

I posted it on purpose, I was aware Jimson was scum.

I was semi-facetiously posting that I thought he was scum. I did intend it as a joke, but also as a litmus test of sorts, to see who's actually reading posts closely.

Jake look at this bullshit

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

MG3 posted:

lmao, yes very bs.

Jimson flipped scum in a D1 turbo. I threw his name in there to see who would read my post and agree and who would call me out.

You're the first to call me out, and I made that post a while ago.

Actually Jake called you out immediately Mr. Testing People to See Who's Reading Closely

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

MG3 posted:

Whatever. Still doesn't change the impetus behind my post, and my thought process behind making that post. You either believe that I put the Jimson part in on purpose as a joke and then left it in to see who'd notice, or you don't believe that.

I know why your data might be corrupted last night, which is why I didn't believe your case on AA.

Ok but that's not why we are voting AA now, and are you going to share with the class?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

MG3 posted:

I included in my post 3 (maybe four I don't feel like checking for sure) opinions on players in this game, then I threw in an "opinion" on Jimson (who'd already flipped scum) saying "I thought he was scum".

If you think that making that post is scummy, then I wonder how other games of mafia go for you. :)

I think its scummy to turn around and say "It was all a ploy to see who was paying attention!" when you admitted that you only skimmed over posts.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think its scummy to turn around and say "It was all a ploy to see who was paying attention!" when you admitted that you only skimmed over posts.

Actually thinking about it I don't I think its more dumb than anything and right now I'm of the opinion that you weren't paying attention and the retroactively made it a gambit to cover up your stupid mistake, which is more townie than anything.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Although I don't see how someone can form an opinion on Jimson...even forgetting the flip its not like he did anything.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I've settled on the retroactive gambit theory

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I hope TNL and Jake aren't scum because they are the most rational

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kashuno posted:

does anyone like my case against AW

There was a pretty hefty amount of activity yesterday. It reads more like someone who read through and really doesn't know what to think but puts their thoughts down anyway, which is what i do all the time

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I don't think I can say AW is scum just based on that post

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I think AA's meltdown because two people had kind of lovely cases in him is odd

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

tpink posted:

I also think that AW's post where he basically says "MG3 is playing dumb and may be town, but I'm voting for him anyway" is odd.

What is this saying? You've been making these kinds of posts all game. Who is scum? Who is town?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

tpink posted:

This is saying that AW's post pings scummy because he says that MG may well be town but then votes for him anyway. What's unclear about that?

Odd does not equal scummy. I for instance am an odd man but I'm the towniest motherfucker here because my PM says so.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Other than saying that Jake's case is straightforward, there doesn't seem to be an opinion on AA in your post history. What do you think of AA?

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

IllegallySober posted:

At this point of sounds like pretty much everyone buys AA's story that he is a one-shot nexus who used his power N1. The only question becomes alignment.

Based on the wiki I'm inclined to believe that makes him town. I'm also inclined to believe that based on his fit, actually- if he's one-shot and he already used it, then he doesn't have a lot left to contribute to the town game outside of votes and he's staring down the barrel of a lynch based on the current count and one or two others leaning that way at deadline.

If he was scum, on the other hand, even if he'd used his one-shot PR, he could still perform the night kill, right? I'd think he'd fight harder to stay alive rather than just saying "gently caress it, I'm out."

Maybe that's me reading too far into things and I fully admit being relatively new and having never been scum before, I might be misunderstanding- but that's my thinking, anyway.

Well I was talking to TPink, but again, the first wiki that pops up when you type mafia nexus into google mentions it is a pro scum role, and if you use your noggin, redirecting ALL actions, including investigative actions, induces chaos and hurts the town. The fact that he is a nexus does not sway me one way or another.

I would like to know why, if he believed Rarity was scum, he redirected all actions toward rarity. If rarity performed the night kill and a tracker tracked it, or was scum and got copped, AA would come up scum. And investigative actions are much more likely than killing actions (at least the way I see it). It makes more sense for scum, knowing this is a role heavy game, to blow their one shot nexus the first night to hopefully get a false positive one someone else than town to do so.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

CapitalistPig posted:

just gonna put that there.

Gimmie a vig and I'll start threatening people

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Sorry you are right. Now answer the question

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Kashuno posted:

Nexus can be either alignment stop using a nexus justification.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

I figured, if someone made a NK on me maybe I could redirect to someone else I thought was scum. Your Ah-ha! relies on me thinking Asiina also would be the one to make the NK, which I wasn't betting on. In any case, I didn't think it through all that much. I'm a blow your load type of guy.

My Ah-ha relies on the fact that there are INVESTIGATIVE roles and if those INVESTIGATIVE roles INVESTIGATED you, they would be redirected to Asiina and have gotten a scum result that they would have believed would be on you because, in your mind, Asiina is scum.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
My ah-ha does not care if Asiina is the one killing and has nothing to do with murder it has to do with investigative roles

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

A lot of you town will look like idiots when I flip, and if you're scum, well then you suck.

:colbert:

Nah you'll look like an idiot if you flip town and had a complete meltdown because two guys called you scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I'd like to know what about Asiina made you think her as scum. She was basically the one pushing (albeit jokingly) the Jimson turbo the most.

• Locked thread