Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«999 »
Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Am I imagining things or were they actually going to blow the Defiant up in First Contact until the DS9 guys were like uh, you can't take the ship off our show and destroy it in a movie that has nothing to do with us what the hell and so they switched it to just badly damaged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Senor Tron posted:

That could have been addressed fantastically assuming the holodeck shootout still happens in the Sisko/Picard team-up. Picard goes nuts shooting the Borg and Sisko calls him out on it, saying something about how they could have been saved, with Picard retorting that even if they lived they would be forever haunted by what they had done, the memories of losing control of their own bodies.

I can absolutely hear Sisko saying "You didn't even try!"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

MENTALLY
DEFEATED

Grimey Drawer

Grand Fromage posted:

Am I imagining things or were they actually going to blow the Defiant up in First Contact until the DS9 guys were like uh, you can't take the ship off our show and destroy it in a movie that has nothing to do with us what the hell and so they switched it to just badly damaged.

Yep. Berman wanted to destroy it and Ira Steven Behr had to convince him how insane that would be.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

I still can't believe they cast Spock as me. Spock! Can you imagine?

Of course, he was missing a few things.

Rather than wedge the Sisko into First Contact I would have rather seen DS9 get its own film.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I just *LOVE* spoonheads

Nessus posted:

Rather than wedge the Sisko into First Contact I would have rather seen DS9 get its own film.

I'm inclined to agree, but I've thought about this before and am somewhat at a loss for what a DS9 movie would have been about. The Dominion War feels too big to cram into a single movie, and a movie about the Prophets and Pah-Wraiths would probably be a difficult sell to audiences.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Nessus posted:

Well as it is we got neither.

A.I. Borgland Corp
Mar 4, 2017

Resistance is futile, Tim

It would be about Dominion Borg and some of the great link being assimilated.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Cephalopod Underground

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

It would be about Dominion Borg and some of the great link being assimilated.

woof

er...WORF

Too many of the DS9 cast were off doing their own things after the series to really make a full cast movie without intolerable contrivance unless The Sisko accidentally the whole thing with his new prophet powers and causes an alternate timeline where the dominion won and then has to undo that with his plucky band of yahoos....for some reason DS9 is key to victory

This could also have ended with Sisko back at home as a dad

A.I. Borgland Corp
Mar 4, 2017

Resistance is futile, Tim

Captain Sisko has prophetic visions of a woman with dumps like a truck, truck, truck, eyes like what, what, what, all night long

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Captain Sisko has prophetic visions of a woman with dumps like a truck, truck, truck, eyes like what, what, what, all night long

"LET me see that THONG!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

Cephalopod Underground

Captain Sisko has prophetic visions of a woman with dumps like an early hovercar

«999 »