Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«22 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Operation Crashing Dawn
12:30 25 May, 3527GC

The air is thick and heavy in the resistance’s secret forward base in the city of Tremont (which actually happens to be the basement of an abandoned, shelled office building) The commander of the resistance herself, General Elen Bodan, wanted to personally deliver your mission briefing. She begins, talking loudly and firmly, her voice almost at a yell, “Alright, men and women, now is the time! Now is when we strike back, when we make these drow fear us. We’re gonna hit ‘em where it hurts. Gonna take that huge fancy statue of their primarch or chancellor or whatever the hell he is right the gently caress down. It’s up to you guys to do it.” The squat, grey haired human pauses for a second before looking over at a paper map taped to the large TV screen behind her. “You’re going in hot here. There’s no way around it. We’re gonna hit them in broad daylight and it’s gonna be loud and hard. There’s gonna be no question of who’s responsible or how we did it.“

“Now,” she says, taking a breath and pointing to the map, her finger resting on a big ‘M’ in a circle across the street from a giant X in the center of a field, ”there’s two ways for you to get to this statue. First is by subway. This will get you real close to the statue; there’s a stop right across the street. Problem is, you’ll have to get control of the train, and you may have to fight your way out of the station, so be prepared for some close in fighting with metro security--or worse.” She points a few blocks to the east of the center now, continuing, “The second option is hovercar dropoff a few blocks away. Less hassle, but the same amount of risk--you’re gonna be in full gear, so you’ll be attracting attention. I’d expect some further out combat if you go this route, what with the open air and all.” She then points at the X in the center of the map. “This right here, is our target,” she says, shifting her finger over to a picture of the statue. “You’ll place charges at the base, get to the edge of the grass and blow that bitch sky high.” She moves her finger again, this time to a blue circle a couple blocks south of the X. “No matter which way you get in, this is where you get out,” she says, shifting her index finger over to a picture of a white hovertruck. “You hop in here, close the door and the driver takes you back here. Any questions?" She pauses for a beat before adding, "Oh, and I suppose it'd make sense for you guys to introduce yourselves. Combat's a lot scarier when you don't know the person next to you.”



Take this time to introduce yourselves to one another, and decide which insertion method you'd like to use. Don't be afraid to ask the General questions about the operation too!

Also, please create a 64x64 circular token of your portrait to include in your posts, along with a link to your original character post. Also, please whip up a combat block in time for your first encounter (soon!)

(ooc thread)
(new ooc thread)
(new new ooc thread)

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Jan 13, 2018 around 05:03

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

He took in the information carefully and methodically; this was data he would need to determine the best course of action. He took in his other squadmates only briefly; it would be foolish to base too much of his opinion on external factors, especially when up to this point he'd had little interaction with those outside of the Church. That being said, he did not even know what type of creature one of them was. All his databanks and all his Heroes were helpless to identify it. He would need to be very careful to listen to its introduction.

He decided to act first: "My name is Kvardek. As you can see, I am an artificial intelligence in a robotic body. I was created by, and remain a follower of, the Church of the Radiant Path. Though we are nonviolent, we oppose the Vular Imperium's war of conquest. I am fully committed to repelling the invasion and freeing Teris and the rest of the Plisean Alliance." He privately wondered what they thought of the Church's requests for brain scans, and if they suspected his role in that sacrament. Whether they did or not it was better not to mention it for now; it was a complicated subject and he feared what a negative reaction would do so close to the mission.

"I suggest we be dropped off by hovercar," he said, pointing to the map. "We'll be in sight longer, but there are so many things which can go wrong underground. We may be unable to hijack the train in time, we could be sealed in with relative ease if we are discovered, or they may have additional surveillance in the tunnels. There are too many points of failure for me to recommend the subway route." He turned to the general. "Do we have banners, flags, or other items to display during the operation or leave behind to identify ourselves? After all, this operation is about public relations; we need to demonstrate to the public that the Imperium can be attacked, that fighting back is possible. I imagine the Vular already control the media, we cannot rely on it to make our case for us."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn's Char Sheet

(FWIW, looks like I give +1 Perception within 5 Squares to everyone but Stoaga!)


Zivilyn

Called to the big boy room, Ziv figured he should show up in full gear. He had no idea how the Resistance ran and it was always a bad idea to show up on the southern side of an inspection and be the first cadet some hardass officer wanted to straighten out. So it was that a 6'0" fella joined the briefing with a spring in his step, clad in what looked like a hasty marriage of an old Plisean scouting suit and top of the line military hardware, all painted black as night and lit up by the dim blue glow of on board electronics. The fancy machinery at his shins and forearms was concealed with some alterations to the faux leather camos and he held a five-foot long mechanic's rod rigged up to a few slender tubes that ran back to the suit's torso. At the top of the staff was a strong focusing lens with a matching blue tint. As he sauntered up to the map to catch briefing he either looked like a mysterious badass or a tactical night hobo. Well, whatever worked.

In a quick turn of the head Ziv's HUD spotted a few cuties, a walking anomaly and what he figured must be two tons of robotic sentry. He was glad the reconfigured diving helmet hid his smirk because boy howdy was this an improvement over the usual squad. The old ironsides giving them orders seemed pretty important but he figured understated was the way to go. He really had no idea how things were going with the Resistance, just that they seemed to have aligned interests with ol' Plisea. Ziv's voice crackles lightly when he speaks as his helmet broadcasts, a Plisean accent straight from the heart of the galaxy accompanied by a few rough hints of a country dialect picked up by heavy travelers and truckers. "Nice to meet y'all. Name's Zivilyn, just an Elven boy caught in a bad place at a bad time. Came down to Teris for a bit of biochemistry work and ended up stranded. I reckon things might go a bit better if the Imperium takes a few servings of humble pie, loosen their grip on the planet a bit. You can count on me for Support Fire, if'n you want to call it that. Tactical disorientation and counter-recon... something like that." Now the funny thing about rebellions is they tend to have an Invite Your Friends, Bring A Gun! mentality. Not exactly the strictest standards of recruitment, especially if he got in! Best to keep some things close to his chest for now.

A low whistle follows another bit of radio static. "Say now, you remind me of someone." He makes a finger-pistol gesture to Meriele. "Maybe I'm wrong but Cold Nebula's one of my favorite albums. Killed quite a few nights in the lab listening to that one. Heh heh, but lemme get serious now." He looks the map over again and faces the General, subconsciously taking up an At Attention pose. "Ma'am, I agree with Kvardek. Subway is a lot of extra tactical consideration and besides, we're already jumping into the fire. A little extra heat seems par for the course. Hovercar is fine by me."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs




Stoaga, as a rogue element hired less than a week ago, likely still gets several odd looks, especially since, while fully buttoned up with facewear worn when outside, she's opted to have sleeves up, jacket open, and face visible. When asked about this, there was a brief phrase or two uttered about letting her skin breathe, and how seeing the face would make her less scary. Whether that's genuine or just an excuse to be more casual than others is up in the air, but it's how she arrives to the meet. Upon hearing the options, she makes her opinion known.

"Would prefer stealthiest route, with ranged approach. Pick off from distance, weaken target, rush in when vulnerable. Or, launch charge? Rocket? Simpler."

Eyeing her companions, she notices problems already: everyone is wearing black or some kind of reflective material, whether it be leather or metal. In a daytime mission, everyone else is going to stand out like a sore thumb. Then again, perhaps that's for the best, considering it'll help her maintain her sniping positions better. She opts not to bring this up yet for that reason. She's only just met them, after all.

...And then she remembered to introduce herself.

"...Name, Stoaga. Clan, White Legs. Sniper, hunter, stealth."

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Jul 23, 2016 around 14:01

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009



Unsung

A military operation. And a rather crude one at that. Will destroying one statue really strike fear into the heart of the enemy, as the one who seems to be their leader so boldly, so brashly claims? It seems a bit silly. Does the enemy's morale hinge on whether a statue stays upright? Fascinating. Perhaps they worship it in some fashion, or believe it to be their purpose made whole, through raw materials. A subject for study?

An amusing thought forms in the entity's mind. Itself, inside some sort of glass containment field, people watching it closely, trying to...well it wasn't quite sure what they were doing. There certainly weren't enough apparatuses around to consider it academic. There were a lot of very serious looking faces, like it was a life or death situation. Perhaps that is all it represents to these people; a dangerous weapon, an unknown piece to place onto the board and observe its movements.

<I am not your enemy.>

Is the entity's first thought sculpted carefully into words, transmitted mentally.

<Perhaps I am not speaking. The thought is a good one, but irrelevant. My communication skills are most likely lacking, as you and the others on this planet are the first sentients I have encountered who were not screaming, panicking...well, some of you are probably panicking right now.>

The thought trails off. Purple, wispy fingers knead an equally purple, wispy forehead.

Do I even have a forehead...?

<Regardless, I am known as UNS7735. Or, I was, anyway. Now I am merely a fragment of it. An unsung piece of a frankly disturbing whole. I am curious as to how I am not destroying all matter in this room right now.>

A pause.

<Scientifically speaking, of course. I have no wish to destroy any of you, without justifiable cause.>

Speaking of cause...

It directs its attention towards Ms. Bodan.

<General. No. Commander? Leader figure, whatever you are known as. Is it not possible for our team to divide our forces to each location? Perhaps one could serve as a distraction, while the other completes the mission.>

Bright purple slits dart around the room, absorbing details of faces, posture, names. There is simply too much to learn for the entity's liking. Too much...? Or, perhaps...?




pre:
Unsung   						 
HP: 25/25 (THP: )        AC:   18    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  12    Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +0   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 17    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Overwhelming Strike     [ ] Shard Swarm                      [ ] Aspect of Might
Avenging Shackles       [ ] Oath of Enmity                
                        [ ] Relentless Attack        
                        [ ] Abjure Undead
                        [ ] Divine Guidance
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Telepathy 5
Living Construct: Don't eat, drink breathe, sleep
Crystalline Mind: Resist 5/10/15 Psychic
Immortal Origin
Censure of Retribution: Each time a non-Oath target hits me, I gain +3 damage against my Oath target until EoMNT (cumulative).


Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The General looks at Kvardek, replying "We do in fact have a flag. That's a drat good idea. I figured they'd know it's us because we're the only organized resistance force on this planet that I know of, but putting a flag down just seems like insult to injury and an even better way to give our cause spotlight. I'll have our quartermaster give you a field flag [1] on your way out."

She then turns to the... anomaly, staring at it as it... speaks? She seems nonplussed by its talk of destroying the room, but decides to ignore it and focus on its question. "It's General, UNS..? And while it's possible to divide your forces, it's probably not a great idea to split yourselves up by two plus blocks. The AO is near their capitol building too, and patrols there are more beefed up than other ones in the city. You guys have complete autonomy on the op though, so the final decision on it is yours."


[1]: The rebellion's colors:

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara awaited the others' introductions, giving herself the opportunity to size up her new comrades. It was odd to be in a team with no familiar faces - she was usually paired with Davkas, or someone from a close training cohort. One of them was apparently a sentient piece of a black hole? However that happens? Panic wasn't an emotion familiar to her, but "deeply unsettled" seemed pretty apt. The way it spoke in her head made her implanted augmentations vibrate in a weird way she'd never felt before.

"Since we're introducing ourselves, I'm Captain Naivara Ulcahne. I was sent here by Alliance Special Forces Command. More specifically, I'm from PSICOM Team 1. I'm sure you guys have heard of us, right? At least most of you? Some? Regardless, you guys can count on me to get in the enemy's face, and personally gently caress 'em up."

Naivara's attention was caught by the man with the, apparently, makeshift armor. She takes a few quick strides over to examine him, with the same demeanor of inspecting a fresh trainee. "You put that together yourself? If that's the case, the handiwork's not bad. Seems like you're using some military gear. Though...how did a biochemist put something like this together? I get a sense you're gonna be more useful to us than you're letting on."

Her inspection complete, she announces her decision. "If we're gonna go in hot no matter what, we may as well just skip the sneaking around go in by hovercar."

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

"Before we make a decision," Meriele pipes up, her voice quiet and reserved yet clear as day, an obvious hint to her past, "I would like to make a request of all of you. Some of you may know me as Nebula. My real name is," she hesitates, looks around, but seems to find some peace when she can't spot any listening devices or the like, "Meriele Ingvar. What you may also know is that the Imperium has a bounty on me. A high one. Therefore, for your sake as much as mine, please never refer to me by any of these names over comms, in missives, even just in general conversation. Call me Meri, Mer, Ellie, N1, whatever you like, just not any of the names I was once known by. I've been on the run for a while now, evading capture, and I owe my success partially due to the fact that I've never used or let anybody else use any of my real names. Always nicknames or codenames. It endangers both myself and everyone that even turns a blind eye to my presence. Thank you for your consideration."

The elven woman rolls her shoulder, and flexes the fingers on her modified cybernetic arm, which is mostly covered by the zipped-up sleeve of her jacket she's wearing to not attract too much attention, though occasionally, the other people in the room might notice something shifting and bumping under the fabric. "That said, regarding the plan...if we want this attack to attract attention, I agree the hovercar approach may have the best avenue of success. I would prefer to have some way of masking my face, though. Just in case."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


"Great, we'll get a van ready to go for insertion in about a half hour or so. If you've got any questions or had anything else to say to each other, now's the time! Otherwise, give 'em hell!" The general emphatically says.

Wanted to give you guys a chance to post before you start your mission, next post will be up in a few hours probably.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


Operation Crashing Dawn
12:30 25 May, 3527GC

You pile in the back of an old, dirty, yellow Yajatsu hovervan with no markings or insignia on it. Once you’re loaded in, you hear the general yell, “You’re good to go James, godspeed, all of you!” With that, the van lurches forward, jolting you into one another. The van runs somewhat loud and the hoverdrive is starting to go, sputtering occasionally and making the ride rather bumpy. Looking out the windows along the way you see the remnants of once proud buildings, either reduced to rubble or crumbling into it. Few intact buildings remain on the outskirts of the city. As you ride through the narrow backstreets--avoiding main roads to reduce the likelihood of drawing attention to yourselves--you notice multiple Vular patrols, mostly small teams of goblins, but relatively few civilians and virtually no vehicular traffic. It seems as though everyone is cowering inside in hopes of avoiding being accosted by the Vular “Peacekeeping” forces, which on this world are made up of a mix of goblins, hobgoblins and drow, plus other races added in as auxiliaries. The closer you get to the city center, the “nicer” the buildings get; they are either less damaged or are partially repaired, with some completely undamaged--it seems as though the Vular wanted at least one area of Tremont to look good, for symbolic reasons if no other.

The van’s engine begins sputtering more the longer you drive, and about a block away from your intended insertion point, it stalls out, sending the entire van crashing to the ground, kicking up sparks as it skids loudly to a stop. Fortunately there were no Vular around to see or hear the van die, but it does mean you have an extra block to walk to target. You pile out of the back of the vehicle, somewhat disheveled but no worse for the wear, while the driver implores you to leave him as soon as possible so he can begin working on getting it moving again. You’re on a side street and can see an alleyway to the north of you running east/west as well. Patrols check the alleyways less frequently and less thoroughly than “real” streets, but they still do check them, and there is a risk of getting caught in a narrow, claustrophobic space for a fight if you’re noticed.

You have the choice of staying in the more open side street, where detection is more likely or going through the alley where you may be able to get closer to the objective before you get into combat, if you’re undetected. Which way do you want to go?

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

The singer threw a nervous glance at the street, before tying a separate length of cloth around her face to mask her features. "Let's take the alley," she said, turning back to the crew, "the objective is important here. Blowing that up is enough of a statement, yeah? We should take every advantage we can get, considering the numbers." With a glance at Naivara, she continued: "I'm sure our only actual soldier could back me up on this, with her experience."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

When Naivara gives him a looking over Ziv brings a hand up to the back of his head, resting it on the back of his helmet. He's quite grateful for the permanent poker face it is giving him right now. "Hey now, I just know enough to keep it running... me and a mechanic pal of mine put it together originally. Sort of a waste not, want not situation once the Vular touched down, yeah?" Context was important but nobody really needed to know the circumstances of the impromptu construction. Or that most of the fancy looking devices were just some replacement limb cybernetics and a few lab grade projectors rigged up in ways that'd fail every safety inspection under the sun. The fact that it all worked without harming him was just a bonus.

Ziv looks over and winks at the starlet, a gesture completely lost behind the helmet. "You can count on my silence, Ellie."

The less said about the anomaly the better, Ziv thought as they were shuttled out to war in some guy's beater. Bring your friends and a gun and maybe some poo poo that fell out of another lab. Almost got a theme goin' here with this group.

---

"Ah drat, ah jeez. When I said I knew a mechanic, shucks, maybe ya should've hired him instead a' me..." Ziv wastes no time kicking a door open and getting out of the wreck, looking around hastily. Taking stock of the situation was a specialty of all the sensors on the suit, after all. "Fast and quick, huh? Keep a good eye out, we get caught in that alley and it'll be fish inna barrel situation." Ziv waits to enter the alley, intending to bring up the rear. "Eyes in front and in back, ya get contact and we pick a direction and punch it, yeah? Gotta have an escape route." He has agreed to enter the Alley.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009



Unsung

While the method of transport was shaky at best, the entity could only marvel at the view of the planet. There was so much history here, seemingly lost to the ether, destroyed without, it appeared, any regard to what it once was, what it once had been. The thought was something coldly familiar to the entity, but it was still a cold one nonetheless. Could one really get used to destruction? To ending what had once begun, what wanted desperately to continue? Buildings, ships, lives...were they really all so feeble, so easily taken away? The train of thought is interrupted by the 'van' landing, and another seemingly important decision to make.

<If it is to be one or the other, I suppose we already have our course set. Seeing such a choice made so quickly is interesting. Do you not stop to consider other possibilities?>

It turns to examine the van.

<For example, we could just wait for our transport to be repaired. Or...>

Then, to the buildings.

<We could find rooftops, scale upwards and examine the situation from a different point of view, literally and metaphorically.>

And, finally, to each member of the team, ending by turning its gaze towards the darkness of the alleyway.

<If we are to take the alley, then allow me to lead. It would be only natural for all of you to be suspicious of me, and it would not hurt for me to prove something very important.>

A long pause.

<I am not your enemy. I said it previously, but please allow me to show you on our first mission together.>

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara grits her teeth as Unsung's voice rumbles in her head. The minor headache sure beat the unnameable unsettled feeling she felt earlier, when he first "spoke." Didn't stop the vibrations from her implants feeling less than wonderful.

"Given the fact I have zero idea how much combat experience there is in this group, I'd say the alley is a better chance. At least until you guys get your feet wet anyway. UNS..I'll be right behind you. Not that I don't want to trust you, but in case things go tits-up, it won't hurt to have backup behind you."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

He accepted each introduction at face value, and assumed there was nothing at all odd about any of it. Were he more cautious he would have noticed the strange movements of Meri's (as he had decided to call her) arm, and if he were more observant he would have seen their sniper's weapon was practically an antique. Even he was not naive enough to believe the black hole fragment was normal, however. None of his scientifically-minded Heroes had anything to contribute concerning whether such a thing was even possible.

--

He analyzed the scenarios the anomaly provided. "Potential avenues, yes, but perhaps unwise in our precise circumstances. We stand out too much to escape notice for long, so we cannot wait for the vehicle to be repaired. Splitting up will increase our chances of being spotted, while reducing our firepower immensely should we be noticed. It may be possible to escape to the sewers from here and proceed using the subway entrance, but my previous assessment of that strategy still holds. One or two of us may be capable of climbing a building either using the outside or infiltrating the building itself and escaping to the roof. Given we know the layout of the city already this is a lot of time spent for relatively low return. Commandeering an alternate vehicle might also be possible, if unnecessarily injuring the inhabitants of this city were not counter to our interests. The best way to protect our driver is to quit his side as soon as possible; every moment we delay could be fatal. We may be able to minimize civilian casualties if we were to fight in the back alleys instead of the middle of the street, so while I would ordinarily suggest speed over stealth I will acquiesce to the alley."

"Combat experience?" He was unsure what was the honest answer to that question. In theory he should be able to use the combat experience of one of his Heroes as his own. In practice it had never been attempted in a live fire scenario. After all, even if the principles were the same there were subtle differences in how a standard-sized organic being should best act in combat as opposed to a half-ton robot. They would all find out together just how much combat experience he had. He attempted to evade the question entirely: "I will try to maintain a fair distance; my systems are optimized for short to mid-range combat."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga looks about. A tight corridor, wherein her allies might get in the way of her shots, but will also block the enemy's path. Not to mention, considering the way things are going, her opinion doesn't seem to matter. In response to all these votes, Stoaga just shrugs and follows in whichever direction the group goes in, lagging behind them and keeping an eye out for hidden enemies and terrible stealth attempts.

I give a +2 to Stealth checks to everyone around me. Also, bear in mind I'm using Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx at the moment.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


You sneak into the alleyway undetected and begin moving slowly up it towards your destination. The alley is lined with dumpsters and trashcans, and looking up you see fire escapes winding up the buildings like vines along lattices. A few broken windows dot the buildings, and there is a burned out hovercar laying in an inlet to the alley like a charred skeleton. About a block and a half from where you left the hovervan, you pass by a rusty dumpster with a putrid smell coming out of it. Closer inspection reveals a dead, decomposing body with an obvious gunshot wound to the head. The person was wearing what appears to be a crude field uniform with a makeshift resistance patch stitched onto the sleeve. You don't see anything you can use to identify him.

---

As you approach the square at the end of the alleyway, you see the a tall, black, metal statue standing on top of a concrete base in the center of a field of well kept grass. The statue is in the shape of a drow wearing ceremonial robes, holding a scepter in one hand and a book in the other. You also see a Vular patrol consisting of five goblins about to walk by on the edge of the plaza across the street. They are carefully scanning their surroundings are are likely to notice you if you don't take care in hiding yourselves.

Everyone please roll Stealth and Initiative! Also let me know if you want to do anything related to the body.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Jul 27, 2016 around 23:20

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

They were in enemy territory on a time-crunch. Whatever happened to this man was sad, but there was no way to identify him and nothing they could do for now. He made a note of where the body was located so it could be picked up later; perhaps when they had it in custody there would be ways of finding out who it was.

Kvardek was not made for quiet operation; he tried his best to be inconspicuous, and Stoaga's quietly worded suggestions helped, but he privately believed he barely aspired to "mediocre".

Counting the +2 bonus from Stoaga, Stealth: 1d20+1+2 10
Initiative: 1d20+1 11

edit: I will begin at i10.

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at Jul 28, 2016 around 12:30

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Looking a bit more aware before most others, Ziv's HUD reports trouble at an optimal distance! He's already making use of a trash can to obscure his frame, the lights of his suit dimming in response to proximity threats! He immediately barks out a quiet "Hold up!" and gestures silently to the others, prompting them to react.

(Anyone who rolled under a 22 for Initiative gets a +2 added to their result!)

Initiative 22
Stealth 14

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009



Unsung

The entity stares at the body, head tilted, as the rest of the team wanders off. It was his first body. Sort of a strange sight, really. Grisly, maybe the best word. Violent. Unceremonious. It was dead, and here. No tragedy, no sense of peace or loss. Was it to be abandoned, never to see others again? Furthermore, why did the entity feel anything at all looking at this? Surely this was not the first sentient it would see ended, nor the last.

The entity waited for the others to move out of sight, and then drew a slow circle around the patch on the sleeve, cosmic energy following its fingers. The patch quickly removed, the entity tried placing it on its own arm. It tried to imagine what this person, this man was like; was he a brave fighter to the end, who the enemy left here to intimidate them? Was he a coward who ran, bleeding and alone, and found himself dying in a dumpster in an alley?

Quietly placing the patch back onto the man's chest, it followed its comrades, only a few steps behind.

Then, it was time to move. Ducking behind a nearby corner, trying its best to blend into a long shadow, its eyes moved to its fellow fighters.. A quiet, nonverbal signal, with thought laid bare.

<It appears it is time for us to act. For now, we maintain the element of surprise. Shall we draw them closer? Wait to observe their movements? Another important choice awaits us, it seems. One that, made too quickly, may cost us much.>




Initiative of 12 and Stealth of 14, counting the bonuses.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga spots a problem well ahead of the others. Unfortunately, her clicks and nonverbal communication are lost on this group as she hops inside the dumpster for cover, the smell not bothering her due to the mask. She prepares her rifle to look like little more than a hunk of pipe that's poking out. Meanwhile, however, she sees perfectly fine through the scope as she scans the horizon for her first target.

Stealth: 1d20+10 20

Initiative: 1d20+9 27

Going to D9

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at Jul 28, 2016 around 22:25

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara catches herself paused in view for a moment longer than she would have liked, and rushes to hide. She grumbles to herself "stealth isn't really my style anyway."

"We should try to draw them over. As much as I like to kick rear end, this needs to be efficient. Who knows how many more goblins are just out of our view? It's not worth it to find out the hard way."

Initiative: 1d20+0 20 +2 from Ziv = 22

stealth: 1d20+0 9 +2 from Stoaga = 11

ETA I'll take e11, to stay paired up with Unsung

Melchiresa fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2016 around 05:05

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!




Map features: The alleyway has a couple dumpsters at the end for cover. You can also see some parked hovercars along either side of the road. There are also concrete blocks lining the park.

(These features all provide cover)


Goblin Patrolman 1 - HP: 29/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12
Goblin Patrolman 2 - HP: 29/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12

Goblin Rifleman 1 - HP: 31/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11
Goblin Rifleman 2 - HP: 31/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11

Goblin Patrol Leader - HP: 46/46 AC: 17 FORT: 14 REF: 15 WILL 16

Also, sorry for not getting the map up earlier, but if you want, you can specify your starting square within the alleyway. If you don't specify, I'll just put you wherever is reasonable based off of your character and the stated marching order.

e: also the map is really huge so even though it's a little hard to tell the enemies apart from the timg preview, if you open the image in a new tab and zoom to full size it should be fairly easy to tell them apart.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Jul 28, 2016 around 14:02

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

Meriele clenched her fists as she hid behind the dumpster, and tried not to gag from the smell of the corpse. "Ugh. Disgusting," she whispers, before letting out a slow exhale and preparing herself for what was to come. Her biological hand spread open again, and she took hold of the zipper on her sleeve, getting ready to fight at a moment's notice. The others might hear a low hum - not too loud, but there nonetheless - coming from the singer's arm.

Initiative at 1d20+3=14.
Stealth at 1d20+9=20 I'll park at F11 for now.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Start at E11

"Anything unusual and they're likely to radio help. If we can detonate the statue while fightin' through we can be out 'fore we find anything out the hard way."

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009



Unsung

<An interesting suggestion, Mr. Zivilyn. Perhaps the quietest of us could move towards the statue, while the rest 'fight through,' as you put it.>

Its eyes drift to each team-member. Searching them for...something. It wasn't quite sure what.

<I have a feeling that I should be among those who fight directly, if we should wish to split up at all. If we concentrate our attack, it's possible we could finish them before they acquire reinforcements. Likewise, if we delay too long, regardless of our actions, we may not complete our mission and return. It's an intriguing situation, wouldn't you agree?>




I'll take E10. This is gonna be so fun!

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The goblin Patrol Leader shouts in Goblin, "Resistance, there!" and one of the riflemen snaps to attention, unslinging his weapon and preparing for combat. His partner and the two patrolmen, however, are caught totally off guard and barely have time to pull out their rifles and batons before you set upon them.

Perception: 1d20+1 11 1d20+1 8 1d20+2 22 1d20+2 3 1d20+2 22 vs DC 13

Initiative: 1d20+5 11 1d20+5 22 1d20+3 22

Stoaga: 27
Zivilyn: 22
Naivara: 22
Patrol Leader: 22
Riflemen: 22 [Rifleman 2 SURPRISED]
Meriele: 14
Unsung: 12
Kvardek: 11
Patrolmen: 11 [SURPRISED]



---

Goblin Patrolman 1 - HP: 29/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12
Goblin Patrolman 2 - HP: 29/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12

Goblin Rifleman 1 - HP: 31/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11
Goblin Rifleman 2 - HP: 31/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11

Goblin Patrol Leader - HP: 46/46 AC: 17 FORT: 14 REF: 15 WILL 16

---

SURPRISE ROUND: You may take one action (standard, move, or minor) and may not spend an action point. Surprised creatures may not take any action in this round.

Up now: Stoaga, Zivilyn and Naivara*

* we're running unordered initiative for PCs with initiative directly in order, so it doesn't matter what order the three of you go in

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Jul 29, 2016 around 21:30

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

Taking the initiative Ziv dashes out of the alleyway and before any of the patrolman can line up a shot he's already behind one of the nearby abandoned vehicles, using it for cover. He begins prepping his staff's loader for a bit of dynamic action next round...

Surprise Move: Move to K13

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 25/25		AC:	15	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 8/8 (V: 6)	For:	12	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +12		Ref:	14	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	17      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +6
Melee: +8, 1d8+2
Ranged: +4, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


Stoaga makes a hissing noise of sorts as she aims her rifle. The eagle-eyed among the group notice that she's not actually aiming at anyone, but instead at the street wherein the four cronies are located. With a surprisingly quiet *FWIP*, her gun launches its round. The rubber-coated round hits the ground, hits the goblin furthest away in the chest, bounces off and hits another in the face, rebounds again to hit the stomach of a third, then stops when it bounces into the fourth's shoulder.

Firing at R10. I have a 20-square range, so I very much have range for it. I can hit every target within one of that, so...
Rapid Shot!: 4#1d20+10 21 28 18 27
Damage!: 1d10+5 13

In a quiet tone, she hums to herself. This is just another day for her.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara unsheathes her broadsword as she runs towards the front of the fray, dead center to the road. She knew she couldn't waste her energy trying to sprint much further in her armor. "I've got big plans for all of you assholes..." she grumbles to herself.

Surprise Move to J10

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The goblin rifleman scampers behind the nearest cement block for some cover. [Move to V10]

The patrol leader pulls out what looks to be a small grenade launcher. With a soft *thunk*, he launches a round metal ball crackling with blue electricity at Naivara. The ball goes to explode, but fizzles out once it stops by Naivara's feet.

Stinging Hex vs WILL: 1d20+7 9




Up now: Meriele, Unsung, and Kvardek

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.



Meriele

Meriele freezes in place. She had hoped they'd be able to get closer before being noticed; but the goblins were sharper than expected. And they were too far away for her to really get into the fray effectively. Thoughts run through her mind, trying to find a way to be effective; but maybe letting the real fighters go first was a better idea.

No action.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

He had not been paying attention. He had gotten out too far in front of everyone else and only Naivara's quick action had kept him from eating that grenade. Truly not the debut he'd had in mind. He rushed down the sidewalk, both to get cover and to get a clear shot at his opponents. Stay moving, stay running, mobility would make him harder to hit but would not affect his own shots at all due to his borrowed experience and mechanical precision.

Move: to K5. This activates Shadow Walk, granting me concealment (-2 to ranged and melee attack rolls vs. me).

pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 30/30 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 9
Surges: 10/10 (V: 7)	For:  15    Passive Perception: 9
Initiative: +1		Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 13    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common

Melee Basic: +7 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                   
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Chains of Levistus
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment UEoYNT if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!


Stoaga of the White Legs


The soft tune continues as she fires another shot. This one hits the same goblin the last one started with, but goes wide and misses the second goblin. It rebounds off the nearby car, however, and hits its third possible target square in the back.

Firing at R10 again.
Rapid Shot!: 3#1d20+10 16 14 19
I miss the other Patrolman. Patrolman 1 and Rifleman 1 take...
Damage!: 1d10+5 12

She then tries shutting the lid of the dumpster and making an attempt to not give away what she believes to be a great position.

Stealth: 1d20+12 26

My turn is over.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009



Unsung

The entity follows Ziv's lead, running for the nearby car. As it goes, cosmic sparks and what appear to be small stars and lights go behind it.

Crouching down and pressing its back to the vehicle, it looks over at Ziv and then peeks over at the enemy. The thoughts in it turn to a black hole, picturing its elegance, its terror. The center opens up, but the real danger lies in the outside edges, the surrounding of matter before and while it crosses the event horizon.

<A rather simple affair. Our friend with the sword will charge them head-on, forming a killzone of sorts. Anyone in front will move around and flank them, and anyone behind her shall do their best to support us. We will form a hole of sorts, and trap our enemies between us. Rather fitting, wouldn't you say?>


Running to K12. I'm granting Combat Advantage until the start of my next turn.


pre:
Unsung   						 
HP: 25/25 (THP: )        AC:   18    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 7/7 (V: 6)       For:  12    Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +0   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6     	         Will: 17    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Deep Speech, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Overwhelming Strike     [ ] Shard Swarm                      [ ] Aspect of Might
Avenging Shackles       [ ] Oath of Enmity                
                        [ ] Relentless Attack        
                        [ ] Abjure Undead
                        [ ] Divine Guidance
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Telepathy 5
Living Construct: Don't eat, drink breathe, sleep
Crystalline Mind: Resist 5/10/15 Psychic
Immortal Origin
Censure of Retribution: Each time a non-Oath target hits me, I gain +3 damage against my Oath target until EoMNT (cumulative).

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The goblins yelp as the rubber bullets hit them in soft spots, and two of them seem to be barely hanging onto their consciousness.



---

Goblin Patrolman 1 - HP: 4/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12 [bloodied]
Goblin Patrolman 2 - HP: 17/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12

Goblin Rifleman 1 - HP: 19/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11
Goblin Rifleman 2 - HP: 6/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11 [bloodied]

Goblin Patrol Leader - HP: 46/46 AC: 17 FORT: 14 REF: 15 WILL 16

---

Up now: Zivilyn and Naivara

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?



Zivilyn

"Keep movin'!" Ziv dashes ahead and gestures with his staff to the side. A piston fires off a military-grade flash bang that erupts in the middle of the goblin platoon... but to their credit most of them instinctively look away. It's still plenty loud and mighty bright and the idea is to provoke a run and trip response. Hopefully theories bear out on the field as well as they do in the texts. Ziv comes to a halt near the pillar and eyes the statue. Set the charges, get clear and detonate. Haul rear end to evac in the South... easy, right? He dismisses a bad feeling and fumbles with his suit, a quick activation causing key points along the suit's outline to reflect light and go "dark", prompting him to push his luck and keep moving.

(I don't think it was mentioned Look, but who is carrying the Charges? If you need to appoint somebody now I volunteer on the basis of mobility. Hope they're easy to use!)

Standard: Grasping Tide hits Patrolman #2 for 10 Damage
Places a 3x3 Zone centered at R10
If any of the three leave the zone, Roll 1d20+6 vs their Reflex. On a Hit they fall Prone.
Move: To S19, near the pillar.
Minor: Shift to T19 behind the pillar, activating Stealth(Beast Form.)

pre:
Zivilyn Dariox  						 
HP: 25/25		AC:	15	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 8/8 (V: 6)	For:	12	Passive Perception: 22
Initiative: +12		Ref:	14	Action Points: 1
Speed: 8		Will:	17      Vision: Low-light
Languages: Common, Elven	

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Grasping Tide		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Lightning Arc
Jolt of Lightning	[ ] Gust of Wind	        
Swarming Locusts
Wild Shape

Rituals
Animal Messenger
Comprehend Language

Implement: +6
Melee: +8, 1d8+2
Ranged: +4, 1d10+2

Passives:
Staff Expertise: Implement Powers do not provoke OAs
Agile Form: Always Shift 1 when entering or exiting Wild Shape
Wild Step: Ignore Difficult Terrain when Shifting
Primal Predator: +1 Speed
Group Awareness: +1 Perception to Allies within 5 Squares
Sense Threat: Use Perception for Initiative
Grant +2 Initiative to Allies that roll lower within 10 Squares

Doomykins fucked around with this message at Aug 7, 2016 around 15:11

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.



Naivara Ulcahne

Naivara continues her charge. Like I needed to be told. Hmph.

Move to O10

"Killzone...I like the sound of that." She turns her attention to the officer that tried to grenade her before and growls "YOU! I will loving end you without a goddamned grenade launcher! I don't know who you think you are, but you're not gonna have much longer to think about it."

Minor: Battlemind's Demand (Augment 0) on Goblin Patrol Leader

Charge to R11

Charging the goblin officer: 1d20+7 17 1d10+2 4

Naivara's anger at the officer for trying to grenade her and her irritation at landing only a glancing blow simply comes out in a frustrated growl.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!


The patrol leader brushes off the hit before trying to hop away from Naivara. His eyes widen as she manages to follow him, and he panic swings his baton at her, cursing in Goblin as the attack catches only air.

Shift to Q13 Recharge; Melee attack & damage: 1d6 4 1d20+7 8 1d6+1 2,

The first rifleman carefully aims and takes a potshot at Naivara, barely catching her arm.

Rifle Attack vs AC: 1d20+8 18 1d6+4 5 on Naivara

The second rifleman carefully steps back away from Naivara and takes a shot at her too, which somehow misses wide left even at this range, causing him to shake his head in disbelief.

Shift to T11, Rifle Attack vs AC: 1d20+8 11 1d6+4 9 on Naivara
Grasping Tide vs REF: 1d20+6 8

---



---

Goblin Patrolman 1 - HP: 4/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12 [bloodied]
Goblin Patrolman 2 - HP: 7/29 AC: 17 FORT: 13 REF: 15 WILL: 12 [bloodied]

Goblin Rifleman 1 - HP: 19/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11
Goblin Rifleman 2 - HP: 6/31 AC: 16 FORT: 12 REF: 14 WILL: 11 [bloodied]

Goblin Patrol Leader - HP: 42/46 AC: 17 FORT: 14 REF: 15 WILL 16 [marked by Naivar]

Up now: Meriele, Unsung, Kvardek

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Aug 5, 2016 around 22:26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008



Kvardek

Cover was well and good, but he needed to keep moving. He couldn't afford to fall behind. Even as he dived out from behind the car he was setting up his shot. He put up his hand like he was telling his enemies to stop, firing a blaster built into his palm towards the Goblins. His shot went wide, knocking off the rear-view mirror of a car parked nearby but leaving the Goblin untouched. That was weird, he was sure he calibrated it before the mission...

Move: to P7, Shadow Walk activates.
Minor: Warlock's Curse to Patrolman 1, he is cursed.
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige to Patrolman 1, with a +1 bonus from Prime Shot.
Eyes of the Vestige vs Will: 1d20+6+1 11 1d6+1d6+4 14
Whiffffff.


pre:
Kvardek   
HP: 30/30 (THP: )	AC:   17    Passive Insight: 9
Surges: 10/10 (V: 7)	For:  15    Passive Perception: 9
Initiative: +1		Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 13    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common

Melee Basic: +7 vs. AC, 1d4+4 damage and slide target 1 square (as Eldritch Strike)

At Will			Encounter			Daily
Eldritch Strike		[ ] Warforged Resolve		[ ] Vestige of Mt. Vaelis
Eyes of the Vestige	[ ] Second Wind                   
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Action Point 
			[ ] Chains of Levistus
                    
Item Powers
N/A

Conditionals/Resists:
Warlock's Curse: Deal an additional 1d6 damage to cursed targets, gain Pact Boon when cursed
	target dies.
Warforged Resilience: +2 to savings throws vs. ongoing damage, use die roll or 10 for Death Saves.
Prime Shot: +1 to attack rolls if no allies are closer to target than you.
Shadow Walk: Gain concealment UEoYNT if you move 3 squares or more during your turn.
Unsleeping Watcher: Fully aware inactive state for 4 hours instead of sleeping for a long rest.
Living Construct: No food/water/air required, ignore Endurance checks for starving/thirst/suffocation.
Vestige - Zutwa: When you hit with Eyes of the Vestige, get Prime Shot bonus on target UEoYNT.
Zutwa Pact Boon: When a cursed target dies, your Prime Shot bonus becomes +3 UEoYNT.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«22 »