Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Moon Atari posted:

I think I've found one actually.

I know it's a little late but I just had to say ":vince:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Seeing a woman melt down about not getting sex is basically 100% pure distilled schadenfreude to a Nice Guy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Once upon a time I was a consummate Nice Guy but I got better and can only look back with amazement of some of the poo poo I did. Not a lifestyle I recommend.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tricky D posted:

Nah, just consider that a non-zero number of perma-virgins suffer from crippling social anxiety, arrested emotional development, or have unrealistic standards/entitlement issues.

This was me and then what do you know as soon as all these things started changing I started having sex. I mean it's a crazy coincidence.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

jon joe posted:

Could you perform some kind of bayesian analysis anyway? It's the only thing I can get off on.

Analyze bayes nuts.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

LegoPirateNinja posted:

raise you hands if in retrospect the chubby girl you dated in young adulthood was the best and most frequent sex you ever had

Remind me to raise my hand in ten years or so tia.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Don Tacorleone posted:

What is this American fear of "I love you" ? Is it like saying you're getting married

"I love you" is a statement whose meaning is actually quite contextual. Here is a handy translation guide based on the speaker.

Nice Guy: "As the first girl to kiss me you are now bonded to me for life. If you show another man affection I will attempt to kill you, myself, or both of us."

Nice Girl: "You are the only guy who ever let me finish reading one of my fan fictions. If I find a female name on your phone's contact list I will undergo a shrieking breakdown and cause at least $1,000 in property damage at your (parent's) place.

Regular Guy: I like you.

Regular Girl: I am either nearing 40 years old or a teenager.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Red Suit posted:

I arrived at the house one day, my mother being at work, and heard the sounds of Samuel plunging his penis into my sister’s vagina through her closed room door, along with my sister’s moans. I stood there and listened to it all. So my sister, who was four years younger than me, managed to lose her virginity before I did. It reminded me of how pathetic I was, that at the age of twenty-two, I was still a virgin. I hated her boyfriend as well. My sister said that he’s been with other girls before her, and I’m sure he lost his virginity at a much younger age. It is such an injustice. The slob doesn’t even have a car, and he is able to get girlfriends, while I drive a BMW and get no attention from any girls whatsoever.

Should I be ashamed for immediately recognizing exactly what this is?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Profondo Rosso posted:

ithikn hurting people physically is bad

It's also pretty ironic seeing as one of the go-to Nice Guy lines is always "I would beat the poo poo out of anyone who threatened/insulted m'fair lady"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

An important distinction is that the "bottom of the barrel" for men, by man standards, is a really ugly woman. A "bottom of the barrel" for women, by woman standards, is someone who will try to kill us if we leave

lmao only a woman would think that there are no women who will kill their partner for trying to leave them.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
A Youtuber complaining about attention?

Doesn't add up.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Ha ha it's awesome to bring up violence against women and then have the "what about men!!!" crowd jump out, and then I can remember why I normally don't feel that bad for men in the first place.

The "what about men" argument is bad when it's used to counter a statement like "violence against women is too common". But that wasn't what you said. You were comparing worst case scenarios, not general trends. For both genders "my partner will kill me if I leave" is a valid worst case scenario, although it is exceedingly rare for either of them. This is separate from acknowledging that men hold the balance of power when it comes to violence and that women are generally more vulnerable/abused from a statistical standpoint.

So basically you are comparing apples to oranges and being a fucko about it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CubanMissile posted:

Dudes take being a virgin outside of high school too seriously. I was a virgin until I was 22, and despite a little embarrassment everything turned out great.

:same:

I took it way too seriously at the time and in hind sight it seems so ridiculous.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The Nice Guy is coming from inside the thread.

Some women might like the imagery of a bad boy but I feel very few actually like what they perceive to be dangerous men unless they themselves are a broke brain or a teenager still living in fairy princess land. I'm practically a pacifist and don't look like I would ever hurt anyone and I really don't feel that's ever held me back with women.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
In my last relationship my girlfriend was the tough one. A tattoed gun nut with an attitude. I have no doubt in my mind that if anyone had attempted to harm me while we were together she would have gone absolutely apeshit on them either with fist or firearm.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dreddout posted:

I actually had to take breaks while reading this, it was just so drat cringe inducing!

I just realized that Dratini must be a pokemon.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Also the "I wish I had a guy like you" line is 99% used by girls to essentially ask a guy out, and how men have learned to interpret this as a negative is beyond me.

Why women think they have to "fake" ask a guy out when they could just ask him out is beyond me.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

mind the walrus posted:

Rationalization is the mask cowardice wears.

This is like a 40K quote or something woah.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Don Tacorleone posted:

Let's not lose sight of who the real villains are here: Fat chicks

What's the connection?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
No I mean why are they the villains of Nice Guys? Your penultimate Nice Guy is usually a retard who actually could have a girlfriend if he set reasonable standards but instead refuses to date anything below an 8/10 despite probably being a 5/10 at best. They tend to ignore fat chicks.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Don Tacorleone posted:

Your face is a 5/10 lol

:eyepop:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

hth posted:

come on down to hth's hacienda

lmao

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Power moves:

1. remember my middle name
2. text me a picture of a spider you found and released outside (bravery)
3. text me a picture of a spider that you saw at the zoo
4. invite me to do fun things that are slightly out of both of our comfort zones (hot air balloon?)
5. inform me of something nice you encountered that reminded you of me
6. say "I am happy to see you" when you see me
7. say you like it when i laugh or appear happy
8. have earnest conversations with me
9. feed me beets

I'm sorry is this the Nice Guy's Thread or the Pick's Unfulfilled Fantasies Thread?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

notZaar posted:

That Facebook screenshot is fake as hell nobody posts like that.

Listen here, bucko!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Pussy access is a basic human right.

Should have been in the constitution.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

notZaar posted:

I named my Dark Souls guy Chad so I could pretend to be somebody who isn't a piece of turd

I named mine Karl Franz because I wanted to be a hero!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
When she finds out you blah blah blah... have no car.

*Picture is inside a car*

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Spatial posted:

Incel is good for a laugh. There used to be a guy on GBS who would post in earnest about the "sexual marketplace" and how women should be forced to gently caress him through a government program, like sexual social welfare

GBS poster wishes for Caesar's Legion IRL.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

Struggling to tell the difference between this thread and the dating thread in e/n.

This thread is funny sometimes.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

Women like guys who make them feel good and like they're important and wanted.

This is possibly the most generic analysis I've ever seen.

Women like food that tastes good and is also filling and affordable.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gammatron 64 posted:

Also I'm a guy and I could say that I've "friend zoned" plenty of women, because there are plenty of girls out there whose company I enjoy but I'm not interested in a romantic relationship at all

In my teens and early twenties I was a stereotypical Nice Guy but got better in my mid twenties. Boy howdy the first time I friend zoned a woman it felt loving surreal like I was in a Star Trek episode and had crossed into the mirror universe or something. It was just so strange at first to finally see the other side.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
You whore bitches don't deserve goatse.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gammatron 64 posted:

Basically the trick to getting women is
1) be in shape
2) have good hygiene
3) don't act or dress like a total doofus
4) don't be a chickenshit pussy
5) hope you weren't born ugly or short because you can't fix that one

Granted, I am an super emotionally fragile chickenshit pussy with hedgehog's dilemma and I'm too lazy and depressed to go to the gym or use a dating website, but I have no one to blame but myself for my continued loneliness. So do as I say, don't do as I do

Seems like a lot of work.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

You can get laid if you're short, don't let anyone convince you otherwise.

I see two main strategies for short dudes.

1. Find an even shorter chick I mean seriously women get down like to 5' 0" it's ridiculous.

2. Date an 6'6" or higher Amazon of a woman. They are used to being the tall one anyway and maybe it will be fun always being at boob height.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Farg posted:

the best part about nice guys is that as violent and angry their rhetoric can be they are completely and utterly impotent and thus easy to mock with impunity and/or give wedgies to

Yeah right up until the point they start unloading their rifle into the crowd at a shopping mall.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Uh guys I think it would have to be anime OSTs let's be real here.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

You can make some claims that some of those tracks are simply good music. I mean, maybe not super well, but you can try--even feign innocence as to its origin. But when you put on Dragonforce, you know what you are doing

I'm gonna play the Attack on Titan soundtrack in my house in front of guests and feign ignorance as to it's origin.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Mike Posner seems like a Nice Guy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ex-Priest Tobin posted:

'Ween' is one of the most used words by white men on OkCupid, or at least was a couple of years ago:

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/sep/28/seven-secrets-of-dating-from-the-experts-at-okcupid

They really do seem like the fat neckbeard kinda band.

I don't like horror movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

Instead its all about sexual marketplace or whatever.

The fact that they so commonly speak specifically about the "market value" of a person's sex appeal makes me think they are libertarians in which case they are terrible people who don't deserve sex anyway.

• Locked thread