Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
women definitely suffer from crippling loneliness example me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Moon Atari posted:

It is directly stated by the angry sad dudes as what they feel. See jon pop's entire post history as an example. It also seems uncontroversial that more men than women have no sex life at all but would like to, especially when the only rebuttal to it is that some women are lonely because they would rather not lower their standards. As much as talk of sexual market forces is tainted by creepy people it is true that men and women face different pressures and annoyances in the dating game, with different failure states. A guy with no game will experience no expression of romantic or sexual interest directed towards him, and if he takes this poorly he starts freaking out about all women being whores who only want 'chads' and maybe does the 'man going his own way' thing. A woman with no game will not have romantic or sexual interest directed at her from the people she would like or in the manner she would like, and if she takes it poorly she starts complaining about all men being lovely partners who only want sex and maybe does the 'political lesbian' thing.

People who experience the lovely end of the dating spectrum tend to envy the experience of the other gender, so you get lonely dudes who have never had someone so much as look their way who are pissed at women complaining about too much attention, while you get women who are constantly hounded by crappy dudes who are pissed at men for complaining that they have it hard in dating.

or maybe some women are actually lesbians dipshit

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Moon Atari posted:

Yes, my argument all along was that lesbians don't exist, you nailed it, and i feel ashamed at having my bigotry exposed by the harsh light of your ability to interpret information.

you're dumb and bad

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Moon Atari posted:

You seem unfamiliar with the term 'political lesbian'. I didn't invent it, self-described political lesbians did.

I am familiar with it and it's dumb as hell, like your posts

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Moon Atari posted:

I knew expressing anything but unambiguous scorn for dudes bitter about being unable to get laid was risky, but I didn't think that saying more men than women can't pick up to save their life would be controversial.

you're dumb

dumb as hell

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Blue Train posted:

The women who can't pick up guys are invisible to you and everyone else, hence why you think they don't exist in the same numbers hth

yep

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Moon Atari posted:

Invisible even to the internet, the land of people sharing their own complaints and insecurities without people censoring them. I'm not saying they don't exist, I'm saying that there are more men than women in that position. I have pity for anyone's dating problems, but saying that different genders have different dating problems isn't an endorsement of any mra/pua talking point. Most people can acknowledge that the more common complaint for women is lovely men coming onto them, whereas the more common complaint for men is being rejected by everyone. Being unable to even lose their virginity and being unhappy about it is more likely to be a problem men have. Saying that doesn't imply that I think there is some societal problem that needs fixing like mra's do, it's just an explanation of why 'nice guys' get so crazy, which I initially offered in counter to the theory that it is because male friendships suck.

lmao you're just proving the point that they are invisible to you

hint: you're not gonna find that many ladies complaining about being rejected here, maybe try places that aren't a huge sausagefest??

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Moon Atari posted:

I think I've found one actually.

holy poo poo I just got owned

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
ladies love the phantom of the opera

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
and he was the ultimate Nice Guy

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Nirvikalpa posted:

I drove three hours to get laid, and I was very cranky when it didn't happen

no one cares you sad pathetic thing

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

pad thai isn't that bad every oooonce in a while and i'm trying to gain a bit of weight so it's fine

come visit KC again we can fill our bellies with delicious bbq

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

subhuman filth posted:

its also not unusual for women to date a generation above them, or for older men to dump their wives and date a generation below. This basically never happens in reverse.

cougars are a thing

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Okay here's a good one:

Why do women wear makeup and perfume?

'Cuz they're gross and they smell bad! :hehe:

this is true

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

subhuman filth posted:

in the media I guess. I've never encountered it, at least not in a relationship context.

I work with a bunch of cougars one started dating her husband when he was 25 and she was 40

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
her husband is s cougar chaser tho and basically stalked her until she gave in to dating him

so romantic

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Don Tacorleone posted:

I might be an rear end in a top hat because I agree with the one about women porking dudes in their 20s and by 30 they're looking to settle down, but I don't want them then because divorce and 2 kids and loose vagina

I know it's hosed up but hey

ok

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
ppl are always like wow you wear so much makeup why do you wear so much makeup you should go without it then you show up without makeup and they're all oh god you look awful are you sick what's wrong with you

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

You shouldn't wear so much makeup (but make sure you keep up the foundation and eyeshadow and maybe some lipstick)

I had a dude tell me once I drew my eyebrows too thick so the next day I drew them even thicker out of pure spite

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

RobattoJesus posted:

I had a girlfriend who said I was starting to get fat so I gained 250lbs. That taught her a lesson.

definitely the same thing as some random dude I didn't know telling me my makeup was wrong, good job

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Moridin920 posted:

"You look so great when you don't wear makeup!"

"...." *has flawless looking skin with 0 blemishes because of an expensive foundation* "... thanks"

whenever I come into work without eyeliner on everyone is like wow you look so good without the makeup and I'm wearing primer+foundation+concealer+blush+powder+setting spray

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The only time I think I have ever mentioned it was after I was already involved with the girl in question, and mostly in the form of comments like "I like seeing you without any make-up" when they already aren't wearing any. And, like I said, the women I've been involved with didn't tend to use much to begin with.

As an aside I grew up in a theater family, so was also used to make-up being a thing you did before going on stage. That might have colored my perceptions of the whole thing a bit, too.

life's a stage my friend

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
just wear a cool snapback nerds

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Don Tacorleone posted:

This seems like evidence that us as a society failed these poor guys. Like this isn't normal, it wasn't normal for genX. I guess the parents hosed up somehow.

Women are blaming the Patriarchy and poo poo but men these days have it rough, and some of them can't handle it

hmm it's almost as if it's some societal force that is forcing strict gender roles on people and loving them up in both directions, if only there was a name for such a concept....

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I'm a masochist because I keep reading this loving terrible thread

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Don Tacorleone posted:

Well

What do whore bitches deserve, then?

me :cool:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Where'd you pick up the new avatar and red text?

I made some gbs ppl mad

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Nirvikalpa posted:

Are you a political lesbian?

I'm more of a femme

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
women could always be gayer, imo

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
"embrace your inner Rosie ladies, only then will you throw off the shackles of the patriarchy."---Wonder Woman, 2016

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

I don't even own any flannel

i'm loving shameful

what I lack in flannel I make up for in snapbacks

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I read a really good but awful book in my symbolist art class that was the perfect nice guy book I wish I could remember the title

symbolist art is pretty nice guy in general it's all about how women are evil red haired whores who have sex with Satan and not you(unless they do have sex with you but then you get an std and die)

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Ocrassus posted:

I know guy who was a virgin at 22 until he moved to South Korea and now he gets laid. He always said he preferred Asian birds and that's why he didn't lose it before. He was always super chill about it even when we ribbed him. It didn't make him outwardly bitter and he never want on nice guy diatribes despite being a frequent Reddit poster.

Basically the moral of the story is that virgins could be anyone and you need to be constantly vigilant.

please do not gently caress birds

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Mak0rz posted:

Yes let's just submerge a 500w industrial strength vibrator in the ocean so dolphins can gently caress it lol

yes let's

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Facebook Aunt posted:

Eh, I think of them more as "society's rules" than "men's rules". In conservative subcultures women and girls get more shaming from other women than from men. It's the women's job to teach girls to be ladylike. It isn't like men were ever getting together in secret meetings to think of ways to oppress women. Stuff just sort of happens.

nope

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

read a loving book, jesus christ

seriously what a dumb post lol

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
maybe women should just stop oppressing themselves, makes u think

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
after all this time...I know the truth....that women ruin everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Women were helping the Patriarchy all along...

gently caress YOU GRANDMA

our secret has been discovered gently caress!!!

*throws down flash bang and disappears, never to be seen again*

• Locked thread