Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Kashuno posted:

If Sonic Mania somehow turns out bad Sega should just shut it all down.

Never
Never stop going fast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Kashuno posted:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kashuno posted:

They already are halfway there. How many Sega games other than these Sonic games are even planned for release?:smith:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

SeANMcBAY posted:

They already are halfway there. How many Sega games other than these Sonic games are even planned for release?:smith:

According to sega

Dawn of War III
Yakuza 0
Motorsport Manager
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

SeANMcBAY posted:

They just renewed Virtua Fighter's trademark. Besides that it's basically re-releases, Yakuza, Hatsune Miku, and their Western releases (Total War, Football Manager, etc.). They have the occasional game that doesn't fit into previous categories, but that's stuff like 7th Dragon Code III VFD and Tembo: The Badass Elephant which are small, niche, and exceptions to the norm.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I'm playing Sonic Adventure again. I still really enjoy the perspective switching storytelling it has. Especially when it leads to hilarious moments like the part where Gamma captures Froggy. In Big's story, the frog gets snatched right out of his hands. In Gamma's version? Big isn't even there. You just find the frog hanging around. So, apparently Big was so un-noteworthy that Gamma didn't even notice him while snatching it out of his hands :allears:

Stuff like that and how every scene containing multiple characters has a unique version with slightly different lines and linereads for each character just for the heck of it is still really endearing.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Sonic 4 did at least give us this pretty great OCRemix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otf8ctp1zNM

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
That's a really good breakdown. I feel like with Sonic Mania they've finally found a way to make the older fans happy at least.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i don't give a poo poo about the newer fans since those games are mostly poo poo and thus shouldn't have a fanbase.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

i love sonic and i love everyone who has accepted sonic into their heart unconditionally.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't give a poo poo about the newer fans since those games are mostly poo poo and thus shouldn't have a fanbase.

Nice, than you for sharing your opinion

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
#24 The Boom (Undeleted) - Jivemaster & Rabcandy
Sonic CD - Sonic Boom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faZMVOcVugw

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Amppelix posted:

Nice, than you for sharing your opinion

that wasn't an opinion.

beep by grandpa posted:

i love sonic and i love everyone who has accepted sonic into their heart unconditionally.

all followers of the green eyed false prophet shall drown eternally in scrap brain zone act 3.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Groovelord Neato posted:

that wasn't an opinion.

all followers of the green eyed false prophet shall drown eternally in scrap brain zone act 3.

But what fate awaits those who follow the blue armed bandit?

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

CLAM DOWN!!!

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
I still think Shadow is the worst addition to the bloated cast.

Then Cream, then all of the Chaotix. (I lump 'em all into one since there's even less to the lot of them than usual for platformer characters.)

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
vector is extremely cool. the rest i don't particularly care for

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Just leave it to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, maybe Amy? No one else. Do a full sonic reboot but eliminate everyone else

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mr Phillby posted:

That's a really good breakdown. I feel like with Sonic Mania they've finally found a way to make the older fans happy at least.

They're never happy.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Isn't that what Boom did, except it has Sticks in the cartoon? Sticks seems ok.

Agent Escalus posted:

I still think Shadow is the worst addition to the bloated cast.
I played some of SA2 and Sonic Heroes for the first time this week and I actually kinda liked Shadow. He is so loving ridiculous, it's almost charming in how baffling he is. I mean he's Poochie but with no restraint or attempt to blend his elements together at all. His backstory is like... He was made cure AIDS NIDS but instead government agents bust in and gun down a twelve year old girl? And he's a hedgehog. The dissonance between his various elements and his visual design and his voice acting is like watching a bad b-movie gliding around on hoverskates or whatever the gently caress his shoes are supposed to be. I cracked up every time he goes This is the ULTIMATE POWER or 'Outnumbered... But not outmatched!!!' or whatever his loving 90s action film lines were.

But maybe Shadow the Hedgehog took it too far.

Anyway Big and the Chaotix are easily worse.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

smell this posted:

They're never happy.

Hey, I'm happy.

This is the first time I've been looking forward to a Sonic game release since Adventure.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the good sonic character list:
sonic, tails, knuckles, amy (sometimes), vector, big, shadow (sometimes), blaze

stick with sonic/tails/knuckles/amy as your main crew, throw in the rest when you need comic relief (big, vector) or a rival (blaze, shadow)

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Just leave it to Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, maybe Amy? No one else. Do a full sonic reboot but eliminate everyone else

That's what they did with Sonic Boom, and that didn't work.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
What, no love for Charmy the bee? Charmy's the best character in Chaotix because he lets you skip over the lovely gameplay by just flying everywhere.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Amppelix posted:

I'm playing Sonic Adventure again. I still really enjoy the perspective switching storytelling it has. Especially when it leads to hilarious moments like the part where Gamma captures Froggy. In Big's story, the frog gets snatched right out of his hands. In Gamma's version? Big isn't even there. You just find the frog hanging around. So, apparently Big was so un-noteworthy that Gamma didn't even notice him while snatching it out of his hands :allears:

Stuff like that and how every scene containing multiple characters has a unique version with slightly different lines and linereads for each character just for the heck of it is still really endearing.

Yeah, as someone who played through both Sonic Adventures relentlessly as a kid, I loved how each character/storyline had slightly different scenes, like how you only find out that Sonic used Tails' fake emerald for chaos control if you played through the Hero story, while in the Dark story iirc you see him get shot out of the ARK and the pod explodes and then he just shows up to fight Shadow at the end.

"What can I say? I die hard." :smug:

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Tails' version of events always insisting that he was both faster than sonic and saved the day was really funny to me, especially at the end when his story suddenly goes "but then eggman pulled out his plan b of just nuking the city and I alone, miles tails prower, defeated eggman and saved the city and got a medal from the mayor"

It's mildly upsetting to me that SA2 confirms that the egg nuke actually happened and tails wasn't just bullshitting that whole thing

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i always liked this redesign for rouge as it takes her from garbage titty lady to the cool spy she's supposed to be

edit: also browsing their deviantart it looks like the person that did this is an official artist for the sonic boom comic now which is great

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Aug 16, 2016

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
#25 A Cast To Remember - Jace
Sonic 3 - Credits

that's a wrap! i tried to vary it, hope you all liked at least some of them

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i always liked this redesign for rouge as it takes her from garbage titty lady to the cool spy she's supposed to be

edit: also browsing their deviantart it looks like the person that did this is an official artist for the sonic boom comic now which is great

Holy cow, that design is leagues better

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
That design looks nothing like Doronjo.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

But where's the gratuitous cleavage?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

That is such a better Rouge design.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

This is so much better than bat-boobs.

VEdit: That also works, but I like how manic she looks above in combat pose.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Aug 17, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I prefer this one, since it isn't that massive a radical departure from the original design.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
I liked Chaotix' theme song in Sonic Heroes, so they're allowed to exist.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

You can't talk about it and not post it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9E66ywToGU

TEAM CHA-O-TIX They're detectives, you want on your side!

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfW6L6ZQ-Uk

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i like espio's design and his spin dash was cool.

at least the game had sick music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

The two messages being "That which is missing" and "Not everything is black and ____" makes me feel pretty confident they're setting up to announce they got Jaleel White back to voice Sonic.